• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Gametrailers and SpikeTV All Acess Live discussion thread

You could really tell that Bosman didnt want to read tweets, he wanted to talk about the conference and his thoughts.... Let it Go Bosman, I wanna hear what you think.

daveo42

Banned
iuEgKJxo92vos.gif

Not really. We know they're coming, so any impact they would have had is lost.

LOL...we also knew the Halo magapack and Sunset Overdrive were coming.

If we're removing Uncharted might as well take those out to.

That leaves Crackdown cgi trailer as megaton.

I give the presser a C-.

The only exclusive that stood out to me was Ori. Looks so beautiful.

Also, man, what a kick in the gut on that Conker bit. "We're never gonna make another Conker, but we'll toss his character model into this so you can make one yourself, kinda, sorta, not really." :/

monocromo

I just want to say GT 720p Stream is working like a charm. After been fighting against Twitch all the weekend to watch Dota games this is a fucking dream.

Kinsei

Banned
LOL...we also knew the Halo magapack and Sunset Overdrive were coming.

If we're removing Uncharted might as well take those out to.

That leaves Crackdown cgi trailer as megaton.

I give the presser a C-.

You seem to think I liked the MS conference. I fully agree that Halo and Sunset Overdrive don't count. All MS had for exclusives was CGI trailers.

nynt9

The problem with the MS conference was that they gave us 0 new reasons to buy an Xbox One this year. Sunset was known, and Halo collection was pretty much known. How are they planning on driving sales?

DAMMIT!!!!

Can't the PS4 use it's own CLOUD servers?!?!? I mean, come on. I'm sick of hearing it.

Phil getting grilled right now. I like it.

-PXG-

Geoff is such a tool. Asking questions you know Phil won't answer and stuff that has nothing to do with the presentation.

Jobbs

Banned
I bet I'm completely in the minority here, and I'll hand it to Sunset Overdrive and Evolve for looking great, but the show stealer for me was that Ori & The Whatever trailer. One of the most visually stunning games I've seen in some time.

I was laying in bed this morning thinking about putting my XB1 on ebay. That Ori trailer saved it.

daveo42

Banned
Live innovation? Come on Spencer. We know you have dedicated servers. Everyone has them now man. Dedicated servers don't make it the best place to play. It's the bloody games.

Dredd97

Hopefully Sony gets the same grilling...

But as I'm not an xbox fan or even buying one, hats of to Phil Spencer for being respectful to both sony and Nintendo at the start of their conference..

Don mattrick I think wouldn't have been so nice...

I'll say this about Phil Spencer. He interviews better than he presents. He sounds natural when he interviews, but when he's standing up in front of a lot of people he looks awkward.

He deflected the questions pretty well.

I'm kinda jaded as far as Microsoft is concerned but I'll say that I think they've done a good job turning a 180 and giving gamers what they want.

It's not enough for me, but they look like their focus is right.

daveo42

Banned
Geoff at least hits some of the harder questions instead of just softballing them in. He usually puts the spurs to Reggie, but it's nice to see him do the same to all the execs.

Corpsepyre

Banned
Is it all that surprising they showed so many CGI trailers? Ms loves announcing games before they're ready to be shown as gameplay, and some of those games looked like 2016 releases.

OK conference. SO looks interesting, and I'm interested in Kamiya's game (even though I have no idea how it plays), but the Kaijus they showed looked badass. Rest, I can play on a PS4.

Haters gonna hate. I think he's doing pretty well. I bet most people will agree.

As a Sony fan who has watched him a lot, I think he tends to give Microsoft and Nintendo a little more heat than he does Sony.

That means I like him. :)

SONY better not drop the ball. If this is the best Microsoft has to show at E3 then presentation wars is SONY's to lose.

Ubisoft and EA will probably have great presentations too. I expect those three to vie for best conference of the show.

SONY vs. UBISOFT vs. EA

-PXG-

Geoff cant win :(

He asked Phil about exclusives. Phil answered. His follow question was snarky as all hell and was about cross platform games and had nothing to do with the previous question. It was a non sequitur and it made it look lime Phil had avoided the previous question, even though he didn't. He plays these shit headed word games with people

There is is asking hard ball questions and just being an asshole. Geoff is such a prick. I can't stand him. It's not like I'm a huge fan of Phil Spencer either. But show some respect and don't insult someone's intelligence.

SDCowboy

He asked Phil about exclusives. Phil answered. His follow question was snarky as all hell and was about cross platform games and had nothing to do with the previous question. It was a non sequitur and it made it look lime Phil had avoided the previous question, even though he didn't. He plays these shit headed word games with people

There is is asking hard ball questions and just being an asshole. Geoff is such a prick. I can't stand him. It's not like I'm a huge fan of Phil Spencer either. But show some respect and don't insult someone's intelligence.

0_o

Top Bottom