• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

E3 2014 | Gametrailers and SpikeTV All Acess Live discussion thread

Relly

Banned
Thanks for the links OP! Makes the vlc app on my ipad actually useful now.

Wish I could get twich working on my xone.. It just won't connect to the servers

And on my ps4, the live from playstation streams are choppy and horrible.. And there's no dedicated twitch app, that I've seen..

Guess I'll be stuck holding up a tablet for a while until the twitch app starts working

Mister D

Well that was a pretty decent conference for MS. If I was an Xbone only gamer I would be pretty satisfied. Too bad I have a PS4 and a powerful gaming PC. I was looking for a reason to get an Xbone but most of what they showed were multiplatform titles that I can get a better version either on PS4 or PC and early DLC does nothing to sway me since I usually don't buy most DLC anyway.

There were a couple exclusive games that piqued my interest like Sunset Overdrive, Fable, and that indie game with the little white dragon thing (edit: Ori). Crackdown 3 could be a possible draw but Crackdown 2 sucked so much ass that a CG trailer isn't gonna sell me on shit. I need to see gameplay on that to determine if the series is back to the form of the first game that I loved so much.

Hopefully Sony's conference is as game-heavy as MS's but with more actual exclusives instead of "exclusive" content that will be available elsewhere in a few weeks. If Sony's conference doesn't have more of a focus on actual exclusives I think I'll be doing a lot of gaming on PC in the next two years.

Bizazedo

Leaks like us expecting the Platinum games thing hurt it, I feel.

Would've been awesome if they came out of nowhere with....

"Oh yeah, Halo Master Chief Collection? Free for all Xbox Gold members."

daveo42

Banned
That Conker reveal for Spark was a huge misstep. I was thinking MS had killed it with that reveal, but the whole thing was soured that it's not a new game at all. Project Spark is cool, but damn that killed the hype for it.

A new Conker game would have been a massive megaton for MS. B- for the show.

It was safe. But that's not necessarily bad.

A good showing.

Mentioned it in the other thread... but what is there left for Sony to show in terms of third party PS4 games?

They'll probably show Destiny (which we'll also see at Activision's conference I imagine)
I can think of The Crew, and probably NBA given the 2K co-marketing partnership... :/
I would assume Hardline is being shown at EA's own conference.

Unless they have new announcements, like a Tomb Raider style equivalent, or a lot of first party announcements, then that's going to be a long (poorly paced) two hours.

Robbok

I loved that they concentrated on games.
But I still don't feel like buying an xboxone.
None of the exclusives are in my interest, except Forza Horizon maybe.
That makes the decision easier for me to buy a WiiU. Finally.

Hasney

Not a single megaton IMO, MS needs more serious looking IPs and no cartoony kid games they flooded the conference with. I still think Sunset Overdrive is overrated, wont buy that one for sure.

Oh dear god no. We've had several years of "PLEASE BUY OUR GRITTY REALISTIC THING. IT'S SO BROWN!!!"

Thank god MS are diversifying, that's all I can say.

B+ for me. Platinum haven't made a bad game, Crackdown and Phantom Dust. Sunset Overdrive is looking fantastic. Cannot wait for when I can buy an XB1.

Desi

Microsoft: B-

Assassin's Creed gameplay was expected but a nice time. The Division still has my interest and not to forget the Witcher 3 gameplay was nice. Other than that Fables was unexpected (good), Halo collection, and Phantom Dust namedrop helped push this to a B- for me.

mishakoz

B for MS

1) Too much CGI in trailers that were there
2) some weird absences. i cant believe they only showed CG MP for halo 5. im just... shocked..
3) back to back games, awesome.
4) great stage design, phil spencer killed it
5) ridiculous camera looking. stop it.
6) great 3rd party presence.

StoopKid

It was safe. But that's not necessarily bad.

A good showing.

Mentioned it in the other thread... but what is there left for Sony to show in terms of third party PS4 games?

They'll probably show Destiny (which we'll also see at Activision's conference I imagine)
I can think of The Crew, and probably NBA given the 2K co-marketing partnership... :/
I would assume Hardline is being shown at EA's own conference.

Unless they have new announcements, like a Tomb Raider style equivalent, or a lot of first party announcements, then that's going to be a long (poorly paced) two hours.

Far cry 4 and battlefield and destiny.

Azric

Banned
Disappointed. It's good that they focused on games, but wow.. But nothing really new from 360.. More fable, forza, halo, crackdown... seriously make new IPs.

Yeah, I dunno, it was well paced and loaded with games, and nice to see a conference all about games games games, etc., but what can I say about that Conker un-tease and a CG trailer that actually makes a Platinum game sound uninteresting.

I'll give it a B- for having the right focus.

Kinsei

Banned
That Conker reveal for Spark was a huge misstep. I was thinking MS had killed it with that reveal, but the whole thing was soured that it's not a new game at all. Project Spark is cool, but damn that killed the hype for it.

A new Conker game would have been a massive megaton for MS. B- for the show.

I agree. That Conker thing was some Capcom level shit. I don't understand how they thought people would like that.

Yawnier

Banned
I would give Microsoft a 7/10 for that conference

- Played it fairly safe and predictable in concern to the games (i.e. opening with COD), I didn't feel there was any huge or unexpected megatons like FFXIII going multiplat in 2008. Additionally, I didn't feel completely blown away by any of the gameplay for any of the games shown but Sunset Overdrive was the highlight of the show for me from a Ratchet and Clank and Resistance fan.

- Kept any stuff like kinect or smartglass to a complete minimal.

- Back to back games with minimal fluff and PR speak.

- Lots of multiplatform game appearances but that is to be half expected.

SDCowboy

Is Sony comes out swinging...at all...they likely have another E3 in the bag. If they play it as safe as MS then all bets are off.

Oh, and C for MS conference. No megas and CGI is no bueno. Didn't give me a reason to warrant a purchase and quite honestly, if Nintendo does drop a convincing Zelda/Mario game, I may not ever purchase an Xbox One. Too much overlap with PS4.

Ashodin

Only thing I would possibly want is the collection but it's rumored to be on PC soooooo

Is Sony comes out swinging...at all...they likely have another E3 in the bag. If they play it as safe as MS then all bets are off.

From what we know from DemonNite it's going to be INSANE megatons

Hasney

Halo Anniversary isn't for me, but $60 for all that is a great price.

Oh, and C for MS conference. No megas and CGI is no bueno. Didn't give me a reason to warrant a purchase and quite honestly, if Nintendo does drop a convincing Zelda/Mario game, I may not ever purchase an Xbox One. Too much overlap with PS4.

Honestly think we'll see something very similar from Sony with all the third parties, but because they have the better console, that's where I'll buy them
until I upgrade my video card

Enough there to sell me the console. Good show all around, despite the CG trailers.

Top 5:
1. Sunset OD
2. Scalebound
3. Halo Collection
4. Dead Rising 3 DLC
5. Crackdown

esterk

Pretty good MS showing, not enough to get me to buy though. I need some actual gameplay for a lot of it and solid release dates.

Shadownet

Banned
I'd say B for Microsoft. Nothing big that we haven't known before.

Only Sunset Overdrive interest me. Maybe Halo 5. I'm kinda burned out. Will buy Xbone if it ever drop to $350.

Top Bottom