• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
YeYsFOU.gif

;-;

luchadork

LOVED the episode. not gonna lie though. would've LOVED to have heard blood's unfiltered thoughts on what nintendo has to do for an nx launch.

El-Suave

NX discussion was great although I don't agree with Kyle's mandate that the panel had to be supportive of every idea. It was worth if for torturing Bloodworth a bit though.

Karu

How bad is it? As much as I love the guys, I'm a little tired of being the butt of a joke I didn't set up.
No joke. ;-)
Kyle played it like the Brexit would be the headliner news for this week, while he doesnt want to discuss it. Huber plays it straight for a second, heh.

Mista Koo

The Jojo stream spoiled part 5 a bit for me, but I know that going in and it was worth it. It's always interesting when people who have no idea what Jojo is get to experience it.

I was disappointed that no one mentioned the Street Fighter inspirations (Juri = Jolyne, Rose = Lisa Lisa, Guile = Stroheim). At least they got some of the musical references eventually.

Brandon Jones must be absolutely swamped right now. Cup of Jones is MIA, those community videos still have to go up, there are three reviews of already released games promised (TMS. Umbrella Corps, and Star Ocean), the Retrospective looms, and of course all of the weekly stuff like the podcast.

Is Brandon really the only one editing videos? Because that seems like he will never catch up if he is. Someone get this man some help!

I just hope it doesn't negatively impact patreon for them, especially after such a great E3 coverage. Personally am happy to just get TTE and the Podcasts on time at least.

PS. Perhaps promised is the wrong word, but names were attached to those reviews of TMS (Ben), Umbrella Corps (Huber), and Star Ocean (Damiani), and on at least a couple of those it was reiterated there will be a review for it.

Vinc

Brandon Jones must be absolutely swamped right now. Cup of Jones is MIA, those community videos still have to go up, there are three reviews of already released games promised (TMS. Umbrella Corps, and Star Ocean), the Retrospective looms, and of course all of the weekly stuff like the podcast.

Is Brandon really the only one editing videos? Because that seems like he will never catch up if he is. Someone get this man some help!

I just hope it doesn't negatively impact patreon for them, especially after such a great E3 coverage. Personally am happy to just get TTE and the Podcasts on time at least.

PS. Perhaps promised is the wrong word, but names were attached to those reviews of TMS (Ben), Umbrella Corps (Huber), and Star Ocean (Damiani), and on at least a couple of those it was reiterated there will be a review for it.

Certainly doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'll enjoy the content when it comes, I still have plenty of it to catch up on myself! :D

Certainly doesn't bother me in the slightest. I'll enjoy the content when it comes, I still have plenty of it to catch up on myself! :D

For sure, but I just hope Brandon gets some relief otherwise they will never catch up and that could negatively impact patrons who aren't as patient and more importantly relieve stress for Jones.

Hasney

They did say on the Q&A when some handsome dude asked about anyone helping out with editing that when Brandon has time, he is hoping to go show Ben and Huber how to edit and maybe they'll do their own editing in reviews so they'd own the whole process... but Brandon needs the time to do that!

They did say on the Q&A when some handsome dude asked about anyone helping out with editing that when Brandon has time, he is hoping to go show Ben and Huber how to edit and maybe they'll do their own editing in reviews so they'd own the whole process... but Brandon needs the time to do that!

Lol a vicious cycle for sure. Hopefully he is getting enough rest, and doesn't feel guilty playing games when he gets the chance.

Visceir

I think Ian is doing his show and TTE, Don is doing Huber's show. Brandon does reviews, Pokemon, podcast and Cup of Jones (and now retrospective)

Guess it has been discussed already, but if the game have been out already for a while then it doesn't really matter if the reviews are couple days or weeks late. Would be rather interesting to see the statistics of how many views a review gets right when the game is released vs a week or two later.

Considering that Cup Of Jones was supposed to be the thing to generally keep patreons informed I'd think it would highly benefit from being on schedule and consistent.

Smh at that Rare L&R letter. I literally disagreed with everything that person wrote in lol. Fantastic episode however. Blood cringing so deeply at the Metroid stuff was incredible.

I think Ian is doing his show and TTE, Don is doing Huber's show. Brandon does reviews, Pokemon, podcast and Cup of Jones (and now retrospective)

Guess it has been discussed already, but if the game have been out already for a while then it doesn't really matter if the reviews are couple days or weeks late. Would be rather interesting to see the statistics of how many views a review gets right when the game is released vs a week or two later.

Considering that Cup Of Jones was supposed to be the thing to generally keep patreons informed I'd think it would highly benefit from being on schedule and consistent.

I'd say Cup of Jones is the only one that bothers me a little, because as you said that is the one that is supposed to keep us in the loop to the going ons at EZA. But it never hits on time. I would even be ok if he didn't edit in Text screens for questions, just shoot it and upload it if he can.

Kasper

Don also does Game Sleuth and helps out with bonus things like Ben's Suda51 interview.

I understand that, the group just in general doesn't have a strong idea about how games perform. It's a minor thing really it's just one thing I notice.

I think Blood does a fairly good job with that type of info.

The only problem is Blood isn't on the podcast every episode like he was on GT Time, so he doesn't get the chance to drop the knowledge on the rest of the group.

J-Skee

Confirmed: the Green Lizards will make a comeback in the same way the Cleveland Cavaliers did. You just set yourself up, Bosman.

LiK

Good man Ben urging people to not skip the previous two games before playing Zero Time Dilemma. He knows what's up.

Karu

Good man Ben urging people to not skip the previous two games before playing Zero Time Dilemma. He knows what's up.
Ugh 999 so hard... or relatively expensive to find here (Germany - cant play on PC, 2DS). Probably will just skip it eventually, other choice would playing none of them.

Kasper

Ugh 999 so hard... or relatively expensive to find here (Germany - cant play on PC, 2DS). Probably will just skip it eventually, other choice would playing none of them.

Alternatively watch a full playthrough on YouTube if one's available.

I played VLR without 999, and it's perfectly understandable imo. Some may crucify me for saying so, but it's not "necessary" to play 999 to understand vlr and ztd.

you do get a better appreciation for certain things though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom