• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ugh 999 so hard... or relatively expensive to find here (Germany - cant play on PC, 2DS). Probably will just skip it eventually, other choice would playing none of them.

999 is supposedly coming to steam soon so just hang on tight. Or do you mean that you don't have a PC?

The only thing about Brandon's argument that Rocksteady didn't make Origins is the Bioshock Collection. Irrational did not develop Bioshock 2 yet its proudly display along with the other two games.

LiK

Ugh 999 so hard... or relatively expensive to find here (Germany - cant play on PC, 2DS). Probably will just skip it eventually, other choice would playing none of them.

watch a LP at least. some of the revelations in VLR will mean jack if you skip 999. there are a few scenes in VLR which made me go OMFG simply because i knew what happened in 999. or go play the iOS port which is just a VN but at least you're getting the story on your own. no reason to skip any. you only have one chance at having your mind fucked. WORTH IT.

sogood.gif
mNkxxMP.png

Although it has virtually nothing to do with Resident Evil, Capcom decided to set this tactical, team-based shooter with recognizable locations in an effort to make this poorly conceived trainwreck relevant.

The end result is detrimental to the franchise legacy, and should be stricken from the annals of time.
sheeeeeeeeeiiiit

Review was awesome. I'm surprised there was no mention of the Resident Evil name being flat out removed from the marketing and branding since the reveal, though.

EDIT:

I'm mistaken. It's titled Biohazard: Umbrella Corps in Japan. RE was never on the trailers.

With Super Mario RPG out on WiiU, what's the chances of getting the JRPG stream band back together and beating it?

Not have an iPhone? They removed puzzles, but the story is still there.

hiro4

You can play it fine on 2DS.
DS games were region free.

Doesn't change the price, but still worth every penny.

Sorry if it has been already brought up to the death in the thread but, following the latest huber's review, something caught my attention in the description attached to the star rating.

5 - Masterful
4 - Excellent
3 - Decent
2 - Inferior
1 - Terrible

I'm fine with the star rating per se, but I have some issue with the excellent descriptor of the 4 stars rating. I feel that games between decent (3) and masterful (5), are good, and in context (in podcasts and streams) that's the word used by the allies. Excellent seems to me so much akin to say masterful, and so much more distant in the scale compared to a "better than decent game".

If a game is "better than decent, and yet not masterful", it's a good game. 4 stars

Sorry if it has been already brought up to the death in the thread but, following the latest huber's review, something caught my attention in the description attached to the star rating.

5 - Masterful
4 - Excellent
3 - Decent
2 - Inferior
1 - Terrible

I'm fine with the star rating per se, but I have some issue with the excellent descriptor of the 4 stars rating. I feel that games between decent (3) and masterful (5), are good, and in context (in podcasts and streams) that's the word used by the allies. Excellent seems to me so much akin to say masterful, and so much more distant in the scale compared to a "better than decent game".

If a game is "better than decent, and yet not masterful", it's a good game. 4 stars

But they also have half stars.

I really want the next group stream to have Lego Star Wars, I think that would be a really fun co-op game to watch. Especially if Brad plays in his Kylo costume.

But they also have half stars.
I hear you, but don't you think (I do) that an excellent game should get a 4 and half rating?

In the end it's ok either way, but there's something odd when I see a four star rating and I think "they quite liked it, it's good, not a masterpiece, but good" and an excellent pops up.

MrMette

I ordered it some years ago (2014 apparently) for my sister on a Canadian website (videogamesplus.ca).
They still sell it and the shipping was very well priced (didn't buy there recently, so I don't know if that's changed), also I didn't have problems with import costs.

The DS games are regionfree, she was able to play it on a Belgian 3DS.

It's +- 25 Euro incl shipping (if they haven't upped the shipping since then, it was +- 7 euro shipping back then).

I have to say that it seems to be more expensive than it was back then, but I ordered it during a sale as far as I remember.
Also all games got more expensive in Canada because of the crash of their dollar. I still think it is a good price.

(I hope it's fine to post stuff like this. I haven't been using GAF al that long).

Karu

The DS games are regionfree, she was able to play it on a Belgian 3DS.
Oh snap! I didn't know. Thought Nintendo does region-lock generally speaking. Huh. That may change things somewhat, will look into it.

Thanks for all the replys either way! (No iPhone, sadly)

I hear you, but don't you think (I do) that an excellent game should get a 4 and half rating?

In the end it's ok either way, but there's something odd when I see a four star rating and I think "they quite liked it, it's good, not a masterpiece, but good" and an excellent pops up.

For us "Good" is actually an alternate description we had for 3 stars. We definitely see a 3 star game as good and worth playing. Something like Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom which I'm playing right now, that's enjoyable and has certain charms, but it also has a clunky side as well.

To me at least, there's quite a clear jump between a game that's "Excellent" - highly recommended, well crafted - and "Masterful," which is essentially saying, look, this is how a game like this should be done. This raises the bar.

MrMette

Oh snap! I didn't know. Thought Nintendo does region-lock generally speaking. Huh. That may change things somewhat, will look into it.

Thanks for all the replys either way! (No iPhone, sadly)

As far as I know, they started having region locks again on the 3DS. So 2DS/3DS games are region locked, but the old DS games aren't (and do work without lock on 3DS handhelds).

Aters

Changing up styles this week. Been really busy and I'm pretty sure I missed an episode.
Regular style resumes next week, hope you all enjoy this in the meantime.

In case anyone wants a wallpaper version

This is just too awesome. I wish I can paint.

For us "Good" is actually an alternate description we had for 3 stars. We definitely see a 3 star game as good and worth playing. Something like Majin and the Forsaken Kingdom which I'm playing right now, that's enjoyable and has certain charms, but it also has a clunky side as well.

To me at least, there's quite a clear jump between a game that's "Excellent" - highly recommended, well crafted - and "Masterful," which is essentially saying, look, this is how a game like this should be done. This raises the bar.
Thanks for taking the time to explain this, Blood. But, sorry if I insist, then isn't "decent" a very sad way to say "good"? I know there's nothing to gain in spending too much thought into this and it's just semantics. I much prefer the 5 star scale, the only issue is identifying where the reviewer draws the line if the "worth playing".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom