• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giever

at the end of the last episode
there's pitch black and smell of blood and huber without a second tought say "i reach out", and obviously he get caught by tentacles. that's law.

I don't think it's quite fair to say that that's Law. Pomper is a naive 'kid' and a cleric that just wants to help people. Also, Huber did pause before adding that he reached out, so I think even though he was wary, he just figured it was in Pomper's nature to trust this person and try to help them. It's similar to Law in ways, but I think he's making a legitimate effort to differentiate.

trejo

All I know is that as someone who has never ever been into Pokemon, a full-fledged high budget console entry would definitely get me on board.

Just out of curiosity, what was rough about it? That was probably my favorite conversation of the episode.

Damiani explained the online battle systems from Diamond and Pearl...games from a decade ago. When the 3ds games use the PSS system on the lower screen...while Huber kept making jokes about X & Y being graveyards online, when they are buzzing. Huber was also genuinely confused though the whole conversation, you were talking about the 3DS remake but he thought you were talking about the GBA version until near the end.
Brads complaints about too many Pokemon were answered in B&W where you don't see any old Pokemon until you've beaten the game or X & Y where there's a much stronger focus on Gen 1&2 Pokemon than the other gens in what was an effort to bring back older fans who were away since the GB games.
It just seemed that all your enthusiasm for getting back into the series with Omega Ruby was met with complaints that come from games that came out 10+ years ago.

Anyways, i'm glad you're enjoying the game and it was nice to see you stream it. Really like that when i watched.

Damiani explained the online battle systems from Diamond and Pearl...games from a decade ago. When the 3ds games use the PSS system on the lower screen...while Huber kept making jokes about X & Y being graveyards online, when they are buzzing. Huber was also genuinely confused though the whole conversation, you were talking about the 3DS remake but he thought you were talking about the GBA version until near the end.
Brads complaints about too many Pokemon were answered in B&W where you don't see any old Pokemon until you've beaten the game or X & Y where there's a much stronger focus on Gen 1&2 Pokemon than the other gens in what was an effort to bring back older fans who were away since the GB games.
It just seemed that all your enthusiasm for getting back into the series with Omega Ruby was met with complaints that come from games that came out 10+ years ago.

Anyways, i'm glad you're enjoying the game and it was nice to see you stream it. Really like that when i watched.

Got it. I completely understand where you're coming from. Thanks for the elaboration.

Karu

Neat 3DS sale on EU eshop going on. Got...

Got Mega Man Legacy Collection (9,99)
Ace Attorney Trilogy (9,99)
Bit Trip Saga (4,99)

...so far. This is an insane amount of game for that price. Still have around 24,99 in my wallet.

I love great sales, hah.

Jones impassioned defense of No Man's Sky street date seems more and more unnecesary as time goes on and more promised features are nowhere to be found and the studio doesnt release a statement.

Fun Uncharted 4 discussion. I wish they could have aligned it to a Frame trap recording day to get at least Ben in the discussions as well. But I'm glad it finally happened. Just listening and rethinking about the game after a couple months rekindles the memories of it and the fun ride that game was.

We can be quick to jump to the "next big thing coming out" so having these reflection points even later than the Ziegiest is cool

Edit:And I got my gaf name change to be consistent with its use elsewhere. Woot!

Hasney

Jones impassioned defense of No Man's Sky street date seems more and more unnecesary as time goes on and more promised features are nowhere to be found and the studio doesnt release a statement.

It had nothing to do with the promised features being there or not though? I don't agree with him, but this is about not showing things until the people making the game what them shown. Go back to some old GT Times as Jones strongly believes in this, especially the Kotaku Assassins Creed leaks episodes.

The game could have turned into a 2D pong clone and Jones would have said the same thing.

PepperedHam

Which "promised features" besides seeing other players are missing? Everything else I've seen in trailers and press tours is in the game I'm playing.

Hasney

Which "promised features" besides seeing other players are missing? Everything else I've seen in trailers and press tours is in the game I'm playing.

I think the skyboxes aren't real based on planets either and Murray at one point said "You would have to fake this in other games". They also don't rotate or revolve around a star.

Don't know if the last two were even said, I've haven't followed it massively close, but it wouldn't affect my enjoyment in anyway.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Curious what would entice Ben back into HS. Blizzard shady deals :-x?
My honest guess some upcoming in depth TCG content given Elder Scrolls TCG and Gwent being on the horizon. Still doesn't quite fit, given that Ben felt like he already understood HS enough.

I for one am glad to be out of it again and just when Karazhan released too. That game is such a goose chase for these games where both players do get all the tools/cards and it's about playing around each other.

Weirdly to me it's a bit like dota in that way, very high highs, very low lows. But the variance and reasons for that variance are just not to my tastes. But yeah it's addictive in that Blizz way despite all the frustration.

Auctopus

Yeah I don't get this either. Seeing other players was "promised" just as much as it was "dispelled". Apart from that fans are just disappointed that the game they placed their dreams and aspirations on might be a little repetitive.

Every man and woman is responsible for their own hype.

I did as well, but looking at what IdreamofHIME said, I could see why it would be rough if you're still playing every Pokemon game. Probably needed Kyle in there to clear some things up.

Yeah, I can see where he's coming from as well. The online graveyard comment in particular is pretty silly because while I don't battle online (no interest in competitive play at all), the GTS is packed.

I totally get what Ben's going through with Omega Ruby because it's exactly what happened to me just a couple of months ago. The first couple of gyms were like "yep, this is aother Pokemon game" but the further I got into the game and the more I got used to its new mechanics, the more it seemed to open up and sink its teeth into me. The best part was probably when I figured out just how freaking many legendaries are in that game and then just went around trying to catch them all.

One thing I'd suggest to Huber's complaints about battle length is to go into the options and set it to skip battle animations. It makes battles a lot less flashy but I think the added speed is worth it and you can always turn it back on before a big battle.

Neat 3DS sale on EU eshop going on. Got...

Got Mega Man Legacy Collection (9,99)
Ace Attorney Trilogy (9,99)
Bit Trip Saga (4,99)

...so far. This is an insane amount of game for that price. Still have around 24,99 in my wallet.

I love great sales, hah.

Oh, awesome, thanks for pointing it out. I've been waiting for the two Phoenix Wright games to go on sale since I bought my 3DS, so this is great.

wiibomb

even if NMS was literally one big planet and that's it, no other thing to go to, what Jones said isn't invalidated at all, I stand by what he said, devs are working hard enough and we should at least give some respect by waiting a little longer to play how they want us to play it, not playing it when we wanted because we couldn't wait.

I would love to hear the allies talk about NMS, I'm curious if they go full angry like jim sterling or more positive.

cm osi

so Ben when are you forcing brandon to watch all the evangelion + End of Evangelion movie regardless of the bet? you should go full Clockwork orange.

He wasn't defending the game, he was criticizing the entitlement/arrogance of specific members of the press

The press role is to inform their readers/viewers , not to cater to the publishers.
He criticized members of the press who quite literally rely on publishers to do their jobs, who were upset the publishers did not go out of their way to provide the game ahead of time, who played and reviewed the game despite the publishers and the creators themselves asking not to because it was the unfinished product

The same people who went out of their way to spite the publishers and creators and ignore their requests will turn around and still expect premium treatment for early access and attending events

so Ben when are you forcing brandon to watch all the evangelion + End of Evangelion movie regardless of the bet? you should go full Clockwork orange.

It's changed to Lucky Star now that Brandon has the mug. All the girls.

I wish I could send Ian some delicious Omar ice cream as a gift.

Okay they were on that ship for more than three days, and the Captain had to kill a human every three days so Kuo didn't count.

So... who did the Captain kill? I'm starting to suspect that the Captain actually didn't have to and the statue-god is testing Terese.

The press role is to inform their readers/viewers , not to cater to the publishers.

Writing impressions about a game that doesn't represent what the game will be like on launch day isn't accurately informing readers though.

People playing the game before launch were playing it in a state that it was never meant to be played in and it's unfair to judge the game in that state.

Giever

Okay they were on that ship for more than three days, and the Captain had to kill a human every three days so Kuo didn't count.

So... who did the Captain kill? I'm starting to suspect that the Captain actually didn't have to and the statue-god is testing Terese.

The God or whatever through the statue straight-up said it would share more of its secrets with Therese as long as she pleased it/did its bidding. The Captain probably eventually ended up with a different arrangement that didn't involve having to kill an innocent human every 3 days.

Huber: Death stranding a neo exclusive!
Bosman: Why Huber why!

You know, thinking about that segment really made me want Bosman to bring back Dos and Don'ts for the Neo and NX unveils. I thought the original PS4 one brought a lot of eyes to GT and could do the same for EZA.

I read it and criedddddd. There's nothing else I want other than TLG and Gravity Rush 2, FF15 was gonna see me through to the end of the year.

I still don't believe it but if it happens, eh, that's just more time to catch up on my backlog. I'd rather play a more polished version than not, especially if they can get as much out of the Neo as possible.

Writing impressions about a game that doesn't represent what the game will be like on launch day isn't accurately informing readers though.

People playing the game before launch were playing it in a state that it was never meant to be played in and it's unfair to judge the game in that state.

Not everyone will be able to access the patch right away or at all tho, and for the majority that will get the patch, those impressions are still useful .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom