• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know it's gonna be a good episode when everyone is being a weirdo 2 seconds in.

AxfcQ8A.gif

Damiani was really good on the Frame Trap, I think Ben brings the best out of him while Kyle brings out the troll. Also I kinda hope they just separate the gifts into a separate video since that's dominated the group streams too much IMO.

Last night's group stream was amazing. Great jokes, great gifts, fun couch games, the whole shebang. Glad I caught up on it.

The only thing truly missing from it was Brad trying his hand at, "It's like some kinda..."

wiibomb

I've seen enough anime to know where pomper is going...

poor pomper!!

I legitimately think Huber is making an effort to be different. Yogalla and Necator greedy relationship is so amazing to watch, but I certainly love when Yogalla loses control talking about zhizhi

also, Ian needs inspiration points!!!

cm osi

I legitimately think Huber is making an effort to be different.

i still get some law vibes from pomper, but yes, you can see he try to act differently

it's amazing, every episode is getting crazier and crazier.
(i do feel Ben
gave huber a free life saving pomper from the ocean
but it's okay, it's a brand new character)

Pomper :
The only encounter i had with humans, was with a dwarf man, by the name of Law.

shaq-finally-gets-it-shaq-gifs.gif

I was dying at this and Brad/Necator's suggestion on
resurrecting Law, AFTER Zhizhi

Maybe Pomper knows
Law's full story. Can't remember if Law actually told anybody anything outside of Pepe.

UrbanRats

I've seen enough anime to know where pomper is going...

poor pomper!!

I legitimately think Huber is making an effort to be different.
Yogalla and Necator greedy relationship is so amazing to watch, but I certainly love when Yogalla loses control talking about zhizhi

also, Ian needs inspiration points!!!

Yeah, i appreciate that, after Law and Hogger (while being somewhat different) following a similar pattern, during encounters: reckless abandon.

Bloodborne was so on point with Pokemon, a big home console rpg will be more expensive than the handheld game and at best it would sold the same amount the handheld games sell

Bloodborne was so on point with Pokemon, a big home console rpg will be more expensive than the handheld game and at best it would sold the same amount the handheld games sell

Bloodborne? lol

I agree that Blood was on point though, sadly. It's actually one of the reasons I'm excited for the NX, The Pokemon Company and Game Freaks are finally going to be pushed into making a proper Pokemon game for consoles.

Worst part of the podcast was Huber throwing away the Prove It card on something that I thought was common knowledge at this point. I haven't been a Sonic fan for like 15 years but just off the top of my head I can name Bioware, Dimps, Sumo Digital and Sanzaru that've developed Sonic games.

And what Sonic game did Dimps make, Kyle? Really? They made the disappointment we all call Sonic the Hedgehog 4.

Chuck

Still without luck
No Man's Sky discussion on the podcast was some severe fanboyism.

Stores broke street date, it happens every single week of the year. But for some reason they decide this is the time to pretend like it could in any way be "illegal". Like, guys, some people just bought it early and streamed it. It's not the end of the world. And then Brandon goes on to say he's "in debited" to Sean Murray? Yikes.

Here's a thought: stop releasing single player games in an unfinished state hoping to just patch them when they come out.

Burt

Stores broke street date, it happens every single week of the year. But for some reason they decide this is the time to pretend like it could in any way be "illegal". Like, guys, some people just bought it early and streamed it. It's not the end of the world. And then Brandon goes on to say he's "in debited" to Sean Murray? Yikes.

Here's a thought: stop releasing single player games in an unfinished state hoping to just patch them when they come out.
Yeah

Like, who wants to read an Uncharted 4 review where the reviewer actually waited for the multiplayer? Let them ding it for that egregious oversight. More like Naughty Dogshit, am I right or am I right?

And who in their right mind would want to know if the day one patch negatively affected performance? Outta here with that, CD Project Bleh.

There's never been any evidence that people should wait for the official release to hold back on impressions. Even if there were, there's just no legitimate reason for day one patches, and people should absolutely work up shitstorms over the incomplete game that they and fourteen other people got early copies of and no one else will ever experience.

Chuck

Still without luck
Yeah

Like, who wants to read an Uncharted 4 review where the reviewer actually waited for the multiplayer? Let them ding it for that egregious oversight. More like Naughty Dogshit, am I right or am I right?

And who in their right mind would want to know if the day one patch negatively affected performance? Outta here with that, CD Project Bleh.

There's never been any evidence that people should wait for the official release to hold back on impressions. Even if there were, there's just no legitimate reason for day one patches, and people should absolutely work up shitstorms over the incomplete game that they and fourteen other people got early copies of and no one else will ever experience.

None of these examples are relevant to what I'm talking about. It's been known a for long time that games aren't made for people with consoles offline anymore. So many games are released in a state that probably wouldn't pass certification if they were digital only, but since they're a disc that can just be "fixed" later, it's allowed. If your console is not online, the fuck you has been in the air for years.

This, however, doesn't mean that it's time to turn on the rage hose just because this independent studio had a game that broke street date. Yes, an unfinished version of the game was posted online. Yes this upset Sony and Hello Game's PR plan. And yes, the game is still a mess in a lot of ways, post patch.

The issue I have is the crew's willingness to take sides in this. Why do they seem to have so much invested in No Man's Sky? Why are they so upset that street date broke early and it was streamed ahead of time? Why do they throw absolutely ridiculous words around like illegal? Why is Brandon "in debited" to a game of any kind that he hasn't really played?

Burt

None of these examples are relevant to what I'm talking about. It's been known a for long time that games aren't made for people with consoles offline anymore. So many games are released in a state that probably wouldn't pass certification if they were digital only, but since they're a disc that can just be "fixed" later, it's allowed. If your console is not online, the fuck you has been in the air for years.

This, however, doesn't mean that it's time to turn on the rage hose just because this independent studio had a game that broke street date. Yes, an unfinished version of the game was posted online. Yes this upset Sony and Hello Game's PR plan. And yes, the game is still a mess in a lot of ways, post patch.

The issue I have is the crew's willingness to take sides in this. Why do they seem to have so much invested in No Man's Sky? Why are they so upset that street date broke early and it was streamed ahead of time? Why do they throw absolutely ridiculous words around like illegal? Why is Brandon "in debited" to a game of any kind that he hasn't really played?
Those examples are absolutely relevant - unless you think that Huber wouldn't be getting noisy over people streaming UC4 early and calling it garbage for having no multiplayer or, to use a more single-player relevant example, voice acting.

They don't have so much invested in NMS, they have a strong distaste for people muddying the water with their views on the unpatched game. I mean, this type of viewpoint should be plenty familiar to anyone who's ever heard Jones talk about conference leaks. Saying its about the PR plan is a great way to dehumanize the issue, but they're clearly just aggravated by the fact that people (many of whom, besides only having seen the unpatched version, haven't played the game at all) taking uninformed dumps all over a bunch of people's hard work, which the people on the podcast seemed to be fans of.

Indebted is a word used for expressing gratitude, and there's nothing wrong with expressing gratitude towards someone who's poured their heart and soul into creating something that's brought joy to your life.

I mean, think of something you like. I'm gonna assume that you liked Captain America: Civil War. Maybe you feel grateful towards Chris Evans for being such a bad ass Cap and sticking with the role clearly longer than he ever wanted or intended, but still gives his all in the making of great movies. Imagine a copy of the movie leaked out early with no CGI and everyone who saw the leaked version crapped all over it. Then you saw it, and loved it, but the conversation about it being terrible continued to grow and grow because of the people who only saw the leaked version or didn't see it at all. Maybe you're not the kind of person who would get chafed by something like that. They seem to be. At worst, it's a different of opinion between you and them and no big deal at all.

I think they went a bit over the top but it's pretty fucking easy to just say "finish it first" than actually do it, especially when you've got marketing and distributing deals you have to fulfill, your small company riding on it, a rabid fanbase that sent fucking death threats over the previous delay and so on. And on top of that, for a game like No Man's Sky, which they'll probably continue to patch for months, if not years, what even IS a finished state?

I think it's perfectly fair for Sean Murray to point out that people should judge the game based on what's in their hands on the OFFICIAL day one, not day -4 or whatever.

Hasney

It is illegal to break a street date, at least over here. We had a national hotline where if someone broke a street date we could call it so we could also start selling the game to make it fair and the store that did it gets a fine and following investigation, the individual who did it may get fined too.

Auctopus

Watching the Allies talk about and eat Space Raiders was bizarre. It was like the Allies turning up at my local corner shop or something.

If they like Space Raiders, the Jammie Dodgers are gonna blow their mind.

Auctopus

Sorry for the double post but Easy Allies x Overwatch fans will probably be glad to hear that the current Overwatch PTR has been mined. Some evidence has been found that there will be the introduction of a 'Sorry' button.

Mercy's 'Sorry' is "Das tut mir leid"

UrbanRats

I was a bit taken a back by Brandon's passion too.
On you final line though, i think Blood's point was a good answer to that: If this game didn't have a (forced) retail release, it wouldn't have mattered, and so i'm willing to cut them some slack.
Even though i'm still annoyed by the fact that this industry is constantly saying "fuck you" to people with no internet connection, or that may have internet caps, and can't always afford to waste it on 1+GB patches every other day, to even have a functioning game.

Personally i understand not wanting people to review your unfinished product, and as i said i'm willing to cut them some slack and not go "then don't release it!", for the reason stated above, plus just as a reviewer you should know better, since 90% of the audience will find your review outdated and pointless on D1.

Best case scenario would be to review the game as is, on the disk, while mentioning the D1 patch thing, to then update your review once the patch is out, while still mentioning what you get out of the disc itself.

As far as streamers go, though, that's absolutely none of Hello Games' business.
That's where i got annoyed by Brandon going on a rant like that, because if a normal consumer buys a game, they have the right (moral or otherwise) to stream it to their heart's content.
Don't want to be spoiled? Don't watch the stream.

If a couple of people play and stream the game a week early, it changes nothing for you, just don't go looking for footage and you're fine.

On the save reset thing, Hello Games is absolutely within their rights to reset at D1, you should accept that when you play a broken-street-date game.

Hasney

To Chucks point about "fanboyism" though, I don't see how it is. I may not agree with him, but Jones has been damn consistent on pre-release stuff no matter what company. He doesn't even want sites leaking announcements.

UrbanRats

Yeah i wouldn't call it fanboyism myself, i know Brandon bangs that drum a lot, and i just don't see it like he does on that front.
Even the Assassin's Creed leaks weren't that bad for me.
-
Also, i forgot to mention this, but in the latest TTE, Ben really stepped the game up, he has always done a great job, but the shit he pulled in this latest episode legit had me surprised (in a positive way).
I'm glad, for once, he's the one saying "fuck you" to the party, instead of taking their "abuse", lol.

MrMette

Yeah, the last TTE was fantastic. It always is famtastic, but I got the feeling Ben wants to pull them back into the story, which is a good thing. It was wonderful for them to wonder around with all the crazy stuff that happened, but I am curious about the stuff which is going on in that world.

DKHF

The EZA podcast was good this week. Though like with the planning the NX reveal segment a while ago I would have rather they more seriously discuss what would be the best way to structure the Neo event/what games to show and not have to accept all ideas suggested. But it was still good.

I would welcome a console Pokemon game, and with the NX's graphical capabilities/ability to output to a TV they could make the ideal one. Albeit unfortunately with non-current gen graphics (if the NX is using the Tegra X1) but it would still be a giant leap above the 3DS' capabilities at least.

TheCalGee

Blood made a fantastic point. As a long time Pokemon fan I'd never really thought about it like that.

And then I got slightly sad.

Sorry for the double post but Easy Allies x Overwatch fans will probably be glad to hear that the current Overwatch PTR has been mined. Some evidence has been found that there will be the introduction of a 'Sorry' button.

Mercy's 'Sorry' is "Das tut mir leid"

Sorry BM incoming in the next patch.

Lexad

I have heard too many people who would get back into Pokemon if a full console version happens. Yay anecdotal evidence but I think it could do some insane numbers

i still get some law vibes from pomper, but yes, you can see he try to act differently

it's amazing, every episode is getting crazier and crazier.
(i do feel Ben
gave huber a free life saving pomper from the ocean
but it's okay, it's a brand new character)

I actually think he was being intentionally hard on him about getting back onto the boat knowing the Fog would get them all to where they were going anyway.

And my god I was dying laughing on this latests episode.

So many good quotes. But this was great.

Ben: You feel a slimy appendage wrap around your arm and your entire body

Kyle: Hentai!

Ben: Goddammit.

cm osi

I actually think he was being intentionally hard on him about getting back onto the boat knowing the Fog would get them all to where they were going anyway.

yes but pomper
was miles away from the coast and didn't wash-up to the shore but ok, i'm nitpicking here. maybe we'll get some fog lore later on
at the end of the last episode
there's pitch black and smell of blood and huber without a second tought say "i reach out", and obviously he get caught by tentacles. that's law.

i wonder why the captain was keeping
Kuoh corpse in a bag hidden. he was just a fishman.
maybe ben just wanted to give that character a end

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom