• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burt

Loved story time, so personal and has lots of potential for stories.

Also Brandon is the "star" of the new crowbcat video:

https://youtu.be/A8P2CZg3sJQ

Yeah, yeesh. That's something, taking a slice of something like that from years ago out of context and running it as a centerpiece for your own video, especially when hardly a week ago Brandon made an even more impassioned pro-NMS argument.

wiibomb

Yeah, yeesh. That's something, taking a slice of something like that from years ago out of context and running it as a centerpiece for your own video, especially when hardly a week ago Brandon made an even more impassioned pro-NMS argument.

what? crowbcat? making polemic videos just because?? never!

I want the EZA podcast to focus more this week on the whole NMS controversy there is right now.. I never expected such focus on that game from gaf...

K.Sabot

the "pro-NMS" argument on last week's podcast was less in favor of the game itself and more against the sector of games bloggers who expect preferred treatment while going behind the back of publishers and breaking that trust model if they don't get that early copy.

cm osi

I want the EZA podcast to focus more this week on the whole NMS controversy there is right now.. I never expected such focus on that game from gaf...

i hope they won't spend too much time on it.

i already see "sean lied" thread everywhere i turn and it's fun and everything when it's shitposting on /v/ but i hope it won't take too much time on the podcast

wiibomb

i hope they won't spend too much time on it.

i already see "sean lied" thread everywhere i turn and it's fun and everything when it's shitposting on /v/ but i hope it won't take too much time on the podcast

I want the to discuss more the approach of the community in all of this, like how Jim Sterling did in the latest jimquisition, but much much less... negative.

I want to know the allies impressions in the game as well as how they are seeing this whole shitshow (from the community)

Hasney

I want the to discuss more the approach of the community in all of this, like how Jim Sterling did in the latest jimquisition, but much much less... negative.

I want to know the allies impressions in the game as well as how they are seeing this whole shitshow (from the community)

Think Ben said they'll be getting deep on Frame Trap, so it may not be touched on to a massive degree on the podcast. Worth noting for expectations
like before NMS came out

Kneefoil

I'd rather they don't talk about it at all, to be honest. This past week I've heard enough about NMS and the controversy surrounding it for a short lifetime. I'm really sick of it by now. I'm not even sure there's anything they could add to the discussion that hasn't been brought up by dozens of different outlets by now.

UrbanRats

They're funny.
There is this big list on reddit with all the missing stuff tho. The evidence is overwhelming

https://www.reddit.com/r/NoMansSkyT...res_the_nms_we_were_sold_on_heres_a_big_list/

Sean Murray seems like a likeable, humble guy, i understand people not wanting to take a shit on him, and honestly it's never good to just pile on anyone in general.
If this was another developer though, i don't think people would have the same regard.

wiibomb

Think Ben said they'll be getting deep on Frame Trap, so it may not be touched on to a massive degree on the podcast. Worth noting for expectations
like before NMS came out

that would be a nice platform to talk about it, yeah, I like that idea.

of course expectations should be in check, I don't expect anything, so any discussion that comes is appreciated for me.

Hasney

I was watching the gametrailers video that Crowbat used and man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f7AqWngkfdI

1- Im glad Ben is so much better now than he was then .
2- I was reading the comments on reddit, youtube and other places and Jones has tons of new fans now. people that dont know that his new thing is Easy Allies.

I don't think Ben has changed much? In a good way. That conversation was just the culmination of about 12 hours of work with no breaks.

They'd probably tune out as soon as they see Jones' rant about the media and people wanting to out NMS early from the most recent podcast. Probably start yelling about journalism and going on that GG subreddit.

I don't think Ben has changed much? In a good way. That conversation was just the culmination of about 12 hours of work with no breaks.

it seems to me that he can express himself better now. It could also be that he was tired in that video as you say, idk.

They'd probably tune out as soon as they see Jones' rant about the media and people wanting to out NMS early from the most recent podcast. Probably start yelling about journalism and going on that GG subreddit.

His EA rant this E3 was great tho.

That E3 2015 No Man's Sky discussion is hard to watch. I'm cringing.

Oh god, Ian and Ben
FailFish.png
FailFish.png
FailFish.png
FailFish.png

But the issue wasn't or isn't whether the game is fun or not. It's about the way Hello Games communicated (or rather didn't) about the game and its features and regarding that, Brandon was on point back then.

Rockk

I don't think any of the beauty bois will go in too hard. They definitely side with the developers in most cases. We'll see but I'm expecting a lot of mehs and ehs.

Burt

yo what the crap I was just watching the FFXIV video and how come no one told me they put Kyle Bosman in there at 26:20

I'm pretty sure that guy and this guy

hLMi2Ef.png

are the same character

Also, great Titanfall 2 impressions. Glad to hear they're fixing the multiplayer content stuff. The single player campaign is a nice bonus, but I'd really like to see the multiplayer stay alive. If the first one had 2-3 more mechs and some more maps at launch, I really think it would've stuck around. Still plays better than pretty much anything out there.

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
That Pokémon red playthrough was awesome really enjoyed listening to it.

A good first game even though it's the worst game :p

Sun and moon is going to blow him away

IDK I think Brandon in the video is more realistic and sensible to the majority. Whether Brandon agrees with it or not currently, doesn't really matter. It was used to illustrate a very reasonable perspective.

dickroach

I'm done Patreon-ing. paying any amount of money is not worth getting a podcast 2 days early :( EZA simply does not provide nearly enough content for me to justify giving them comparable monhtly payments to a netflix or a hulu. like... everything's posted on youtube anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom