• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Easy Allies |EZOT| Good Vibes and Good Hype

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm done Patreon-ing. paying any amount of money is not worth getting a podcast 2 days early :( EZA simply does not provide nearly enough content for me to justify giving them comparable monhtly payments to a netflix or a hulu. like... everything's posted on youtube anyway.

Without the patreon there wouldn't be any "free" stuff on youtube.
The patrons are not just paying for a podcast two days early, they are paying for everything, for the very existence of EZA.

dickroach

The patrons are not just paying for a podcast two days early, they are paying for everything, for the very existence of EZA.

eh, it still seems like a passion project that they just happen to get money from (considering most of EZA doesn't actually "work" at EZA). nothing's changed since it started. i've "pledged" a few hundred bucks their way. love em. donezo w the money.

Hasney

eh, it still seems like a passion project that they just happen to get money from (considering most of EZA doesn't actually "work" at EZA). nothing's changed since it started. i've "pledged" a few hundred bucks their way. love em. donezo w the money.

Well they smashed all their goals in one day, so there was not going to be anymore extra content within 6 months :lol

But yeah, cool, I can see it from that point of view too. I just watch more EZA than I do Netflix. Reminds me I need to cancel Netflix now I'm done with Bojack again...

UrbanRats

This is the way i see it.
And honestly, the way Patreon is: Even if what they create is free for everyone, it exists because people pledge.

Personally i consider my 5$ a month towards TTE and the podcast mainly, as it's what i'm mostly interested in (especially TTE), so as long as those are there, i'm cool.
Free or not, doesn't change much to me, because i know it exists also because of pledges like mine.

Hasney

Only tuned into the group stream because of the good comments from earlier and the subscriptions have been moved to the bottom. Thank you Damiani!

Burt

New For Honor trailer

Announcement of a Dark Souls Announcement

Resident Evil 7 trailer

Nioh trailer

Damn you, Wednesday news, always spiting the podcast

Need Ben to rate the Nioh spiders. They are hairy but not quite tarantulas. Plus points for dropping on top of you.

Ben was also the 1st thing that went though my mind when the spiders dropped from the ceiling.
Golden quality stream incoming when game is release. Maybe he'll delete the game data in panic again.

hlhbk

So I haven't been following developments much regarding EA since I signed up for the Paetron. I mainly signed up for the reviews and retrospectives. The reviews have been ok but are usually at least a week after launch which kinda stinks. Any word on when the retrospectives are coming? Are they all going to take over 6 months to make?

Considering I couldn't care less about the podcasts and twitch streams and anything else they are producing right now I am considering pull my money based on the output. I hope it gets better.

Hasney

So I haven't been following developments much regarding EA since I signed up for the Paetron. I mainly signed up for the reviews and retrospectives. The reviews have been ok but are usually at least a week after launch which kinda stinks. Any word on when the retrospectives are coming? Are they all going to take over 6 months to make?

Considering I couldn't care less about the podcasts and twitch streams and anything else they are producing right now I am considering pull my money based on the output. I hope it gets better.

Considering Retrospectives took over a month of them working flat out and sleeping in the office to get things done when they had the resources of Viacom, I'm not sure what you were expecting there? They've said it's Deus Ex, so aiming around the release of the new one.

Don't know if it will take 6 months again, but that also included all the time they took to get off the ground with all the other shows. Think they started working on this one after E3, so maybe a quick break and back into a new one again. If I were to take a guess, once a quarter would be the most amount of output you could do on these.

Retrospective this week baby. And yeah, they do take several months to make. I'd also recommend checking out some of the other videos now and again. I'd imagine you'd like Game Sleuth (although that similarly takes time to make). We've also done several previews lately, and people frequently report that they didn't expect to like Tabletop Escapades but ended up becoming huge fans.

Congrats to Ben and co. for 20 episodes of TTE. Here's hoping you reach the 100th episode (and beyond!) before you get tired of it.

Even doe sometimes the party acts like some kind of aaaaaaaaasuicidesquad.

Hasney

Congrats to Ben and co. for 20 episodes of TTE. Here's hoping you reach the 100th episode (and beyond!) before you get tired of it.

Even doe sometimes the party acts like some kind of aaaaaaaaasuicidesquad.

Necator and Yogala have their own kind of aaaaaasuicidesquad in the gold carriers.

I'm done Patreon-ing. paying any amount of money is not worth getting a podcast 2 days early :( EZA simply does not provide nearly enough content for me to justify giving them comparable monhtly payments to a netflix or a hulu. like... everything's posted on youtube anyway.

If you were patreon-ing to get stuff early I totally understand wanting to bow out.
But if you gave your money to continue to see the guys make the content we love, then realize that without patreon, these guys won't be able to continue.

Thanks for your contribution up to this point. You not only allowed these guys to eat, but you provided us with entertainment.
Unfortunately, we won't get anything new (outside of the one offs) if people pull their patreon support before we reach the next stretch goal. :p

Thanks for supporting up til now, but...

If there is one show you need to give a chance, it's Tabletop Escapades!!

I know what your thinking, and I know it takes several minutes for it to officially start, but the roles these guys play, the world Ben sets up and the drama, comedy, action, and unpredictability that is on display every week is unlike anything you've experienced.

Retrospective this week baby. And yeah, they do take several months to make. I'd also recommend checking out some of the other videos now and again. I'd imagine you'd like Game Sleuth (although that similarly takes time to make). We've also done several previews lately, and people frequently report that they didn't expect to like Tabletop Escapades but ended up becoming huge fans.

Several months is just the right amount of time to work on a Persona Retrospective in time for P5
;)

hlhbk

I thank you for your response. I didn't actually think someone from EA would respond and it would be mainly community responses. I was a long time fan of Gametrailers and it was one of the few review sites that normally lined up with my views on games in reviews. Also the Legend of Zelda Retrospectives are how I found the site.

I did love some of the other shows like top 10 (that would be cool to bring back!), among others. I am very excited to hear the retrospective is coming this week for Deus Ex. Are you guys looking for suggestions for Retrospectives? Off the top of my head the Shenmue series, and Panzer Dragoon series would be great.

I will check out the content you suggested as well.

I haven't watched any group streams since the ninja turtles one where they kept shouting woo right into the mics whenever they got a resub and it was unbearable. Turned it off right then and haven't bothered with another one.

Kneefoil

They REALLY need to fix their audio on these group streams. It peaks sooooooo loudly.
^This. Happens a lot especially when Ian or Huber gets excited playing a game.

I haven't watched any group streams since the ninja turtles one where they kept shouting woo right into the mics whenever they got a resub and it was unbearable. Turned it off right then and haven't bothered with another one.
They don't do woos anymore, thankfully.

Does Damiani realize that the whole reason FFXV was delayed was BECAUSE of the Day 1 patch? That was literally the reason Tabata cited for delaying the game. To bring up that opinion on this game of all games seemed a little odd to me.

Holundrian

Unconfirmed Member
Dang did not expect someone to bring up the No Man's Sky feature list.
Damiani was super informed and generally on fire this episode had a lot of good stuff to say.

ito007

I shouldn't blow through this week's TTE and the podcast in one go but I really want to know what hapoens in both of them.

Why must EZA be so compelling?

KJRS_1993

It hurts listening to Damiani in this week's podcast. It absolutely sticks out that he doesn't really have any idea what he's on about, but wants to be angry about something. He's like GAF in human form.

Edit: the scale of logistics involved in releasing a multi million dollar product internationally, and this dude is like "meh, they should just wait and delay it a week" what is this geezer on.

How fast is the internet the Allies are using?
"There's no hour long day one patches anymore"

Damn, must be nice.

Does Damiani realize that the whole reason FFXV was delayed was BECAUSE of the Day 1 patch? That was literally the reason Tabata cited for delaying the game. To bring up that opinion on this game of all games seemed a little odd to me.

Damiani was glad they were delaying the game to include the day one patch on disc and polish stuff up instead of shipping a broken game and needing the patch to fix things after the fact, just so they meet a stupid deadline set by the PR department.

Games should go gold when they are finished, not when the marketing teams says so. The tail is wagging the dog.

His ramble about playing previous versions of games was nonsense though.

They REALLY need to fix their audio on these group streams. It peaks sooooooo loudly.

I'd love them to make that a priority rather than adding more shows. They need a compressor for the audio, a better mic and a better camera/webcam for streams. Hopefully they can improve their setup over time.

I'm upset about the NMS discussion in the podcast. Murray has flat out lied about details in the game, features that don't exist, and presenting things in E3 as random and unknown, but are now proven to be scripted. Some retail boxes have a sticker to cover up the multiplayer description. Now he's silent about the uproar.

I thought there would be more rightful frustration towards it all. Top it off with Brandon's view of video game marketing and I was having a hard time not getting heated lol

Oh, and HUGE day 1 patches still happen. I think they might be forgetting to check their privileges with their internet speed. Halo 5's day one patch not only took over an hour, but it failed and I had to redownload it. 3 hour ordeal! Damiani was on point.

I don't mean for this to be too harsh or arrogant, but every week I feel more informed than they do about gaming and news. Kyle seems to be the main guy who has a fairly consistent knowledge base on current news. It makes for clumsy and frustrating conversations.

Hasney

Some retail boxes have a sticker to cover up the multiplayer description.

Had the stickers on my limited edition as well.

Doesn't have to mean anything as far as online gameplay is concerned.

They wouldn't go through that trouble for the online icon; the sticker is due to a wrong age rating being printed on the box initially.

They probably misinformed PEGI initially regarding the content of the game and perhaps the nature of its online functionality, which was then amended to a 7 age rating. This time though, they misinformed PEGI about the online capabilities.

The icon is an easy way for publishers not to be held accountable for bad language being used in online lobbies etc. Given the fact that you can see other people's names for planets and animals, the logo should still be present on the box. After all, people's names for planets can contain foul language (with some workarounds).

The next print of the game will have an online icon reinstated.

Source: worked for PEGI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom