• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Edge Magazine Review Scores: Issue #403 — Astro Bot, Echoes Of Wisdom, Frostpunk 2, Space Marine 2, Star Wars: Outlaws & More

Thick Thighs Save Lives

NeoGAF's Physical Games Advocate Extraordinaire
JCb0Qkv.png

REVIEWS:
  • Astro Bot - 10
  • The Legend Of Zelda: Echoes Of Wisdom - 9
  • Frostpunk 2 - 9
  • Wild Bastards - 9
  • Starstruck: Hands Of Time - 8
  • Star Wars: Outlaws - 7
  • The Plucky Squire - 7
  • Deathsprint '66 - 7
  • Warhammer 40,000: Space Marine 2 - 6
  • Shadows Of Doubt - 6
  • Bakeru - 6
  • Caravan Sandwitch - 6
  • Selfloss - 6
Source - Messofanego on Era.

Little Mac

Gold Member
Hey Topher Topher Where are you?! I miss you!

GymWolf

Gold Member
These clowns lost all respect 21 years ago when they give a 4/10 to Zone of the Enders 2: Second Runner. Everything that happened after that it’s just the fallout.
They gave a 4 to zoe2? How do you even motivate that?

Wow i thought my opinion about them couldn't go lower but alas...

Last edited:

nemiroff

Gold Member
Nah, they also give a turd like dustborn the same score as wukong, that is downright mental illness or having the most shit taste ever.

To be honest, I've never understood the status of "EDGE" on this forum. Their taste is odd at best, for sure never made any logical sense to me (yes even back in the days, I did buy their magazine for their in-depth articles, not their reviews).

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
To be honest, I've never understood the status of "EDGE" on this forum. Their taste is odd at best, for sure never made any logical sense to me (yes even back in the days, I did buy their magazine for their in-depth articles, not their reviews).
People pay for it so they have to defend it, that is the only conclusion i can think of.

That or they didn't realize how all the modern videogame media is trash nowadays and they still live in a world where they can actually tell you if a game is good or not.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Now let the “ZoE2 is more than 21 years old” thought settle down…

Sorry. English is hard. Better now?
English is not my native language so sometimes i get lost in seemingly simple stuff:lollipop_grinning_sweat:
Thinking about how old the game is was so out of the blue that i didn't understand what you were saying, i was not thinking about it at all.

Well it doesn't fell like a 21 years old game, the combat is still probably more fluid than a lot of modern games.

Last edited:

The Stig

yeah im ok with that space marine 2 rating.

story mode was far too short and repetitive. operations mode is shallow.

looks GREAT though

This is coming from a 40k fan and someone who loved the original game too.

I rate it a 7.5 but Im a 40k fan. For anyone else I think 6 is reasonable.

RCX

TIL Edge still exists.

And it's fallen pretty fucking far since I last read it.

100% scores are supposed to be for generationally important, groundbreaking, prefectly crafted games. Astro is obviously very good, but it's not a Unicorn.

clarky

Gold Member
TIL Edge still exists.

100% scores are supposed to be for generationally important, groundbreaking, prefectly crafted games. Astro is obviously very good, but it's not a Unicorn.
Back in the day if Edge gave a 10 then it was drop everything and buy the system if you must, but you just had to pay said game whatever the cost.

Then they started giving stuff like GTAIV, LBP, Rock Band 3 10's..............................

Last edited:

Thief1987

Outlaws a 7? Interesting because the game looks truly bad. There are even videos showcasing how terrible the A.I is too.

Warhammer at a 6 I kind of understand in of itself. It's an above average game but definitely not legendary like it seemed lots of people were saying at the time. I'd have gone with a 7 personally.
Well nothing wrong with the 6 by itself but then outlaws should be 4/10 at best

Well nothing wrong with the 6 by itself but then outlaws should be 4/10 at best
Yeah that would be my take on it. Even though I haven't played Outlaws personally, everything apart from the first trailer I saw for it looked really bad. Can't see how it scored higher than Warhammer in that sense.

Dafegamer

TIL Edge still exists.

ASTRO BOT is a "perfectly crafted game", not sure what your problem is. In fact the most videogamey game in years with hardly any dialogue interruptions and heavy focus on interactivity and physics play in its level design

Top Bottom