• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Swift_Star

Banned
Tested again, and nope, broken. The automatic reconnect tries NEVER work. However, manually choosing Log In from the menu does. Annoying, but whatever I guess.

I also have never seen a summoning sign. Not once. Do I have to do something for that? I do see messages and player "ghosts", so online seems to be working. Just no signs anywhere.
You have to use an item for summoning signs to appear.

Beat what is widely regarded as the hardest boss in the game last night with relative ease. Not trying to brag - it's literally the first time that's ever happened to me lol. Usually I feel like a noob when I see good players breeze past a Souls boss I struggled with, but I got 'lucky' for once I guess.

And then shortly after I ran into the boss I was worrying about the most since I heard about it: Godskin Duo. I was expecting to struggle for hours but I wiped the floor with their asses. Probably because I fought variants of them like 5 times already so I was already familiar with their movesets. The hardest part was restarting the fight because I was entering the boss room the wrong way so didn't have access to a Marika statue lol

MrJTeera

Hey guys! Guess where I am!
C7lwDtw.jpg

SCB3

This boss, damn an epic for sure but some really unfair stuff in that second phase

StarScourge Radahn

ACESHIGH

Banned
Damn... I lost a 35 hs save file on PC. I can't load it... seems its corrupted. Any way to fix this? I just can't start a new game from scratch. Otherwise I'll wait a few months until the game runs better. I can tolerate slowdown, pop in 2 feet away from you, bad graphics but losing your game that's a big fucking red flag.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Finished the capital. I can’t believe the main boss of that area, after Godfrey, is a palette swap. Disgusting.

I highly doubt you've finished that area, no spoilers but that is just the beginning of stuff you have to fight in Leyndell.

Majukun

Anyone here tried moonveil katana?
Heard it's good but it scales with int and I'm using dex right now, wondering if it's worth the j huge investment compared to something like the bloodhound fang that uses mainly dex

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Heard it's good but it scales with int and I'm using dex right now, wondering if it's worth the j huge investment compared to something like the bloodhound fang that uses mainly dex

I use it with just the minimum int requirement of 23 and a lot of dex, it’s OP, don’t think too much about scaling or what, dex scales nicely with it. When upgraded, both dex and int are B.

Orbital2060

That Renna questline. Took me two nights to get through. And it was awesome. But I figure Im gonna focus on one questline per playthrough, since most of them lead to an ending. And have something to do each time. The bosses in each questline will be tougher for each time, so looking at some ending spoilers Im gonna do the default ending last it looks like. Least hassle.

And that means I can

Give the potion to Dung Eater and kill him for the armor in this cycle and do his ending another time

Plantoid

That Renna questline. Took me two nights to get through. And it was awesome. But I figure Im gonna focus on one questline per playthrough, since most of them lead to an ending. And have something to do each time. The bosses in each questline will be tougher for each time, so looking at some ending spoilers Im gonna do the default ending last it looks like. Least hassle.

And that means I can

Give the potion to Dung Eater and kill him for the armor in this cycle and do his ending another time
I'm going to do exactly the same, my first playthrough i did lord of frenzy, rune of death and ranni quests, in the end I opted by ranni

Next playthrough i wanted to discover how to unlock nepheli ending, but if that isn't possible them maybe goldmask ending.

yamaci17

What boss was that? I don’t know if I faced it. But honestly, really disappointing to have a main boss being a palete swap.

as the other user have said, you've never killed that boss, he just ran away and specifically said that he would face you again. he has his place in lore, he's not that strong, but as have been said, he has his place... he was powerful when we as tarnished were weak, but then, we are way stronger and we're way above his level. maybe they wanted you to show how far you've come

Last edited:

GermanZepp

I took a 4 day break to the game. ( has some visit and studing piano) Today i'm looking foward to kick some bosses ass. i have all Caelid and Altus to explore yet. 50 hous in lvl 63.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

I use it with just the minimum int requirement of 23 and a lot of dex, it’s OP, don’t think too much about scaling or what, dex scales nicely with it. When upgraded, both dex and int are B.

Hmmm yeah my Mage is using it too, just opposite, used a respec to get min dex to use it. Currently running around with my staff in my left hand, I've been alternating using Moonveil in my right, and another weapon that has Hoarfrost Stomp on it, they are both strong options.

NickFire

I changed up how I access my flasks, and its been a huge help. I originally mapped them to the square button, but constantly got the sense beat out of me trying to toggle between everything to get to what I needed, and constantly used the wrong flask. I moved them to the triangle / directional buttons. So much better and easier to drink exactly what I need when I need it.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
I changed up how I access my flasks, and its been a huge help. I originally mapped them to the square button, but constantly got the sense beat out of me trying to toggle between everything to get to what I needed, and constantly used the wrong flask. I moved them to the triangle / directional buttons. So much better and easier to drink exactly what I need when I need it.

Holding down bottom directional d-pad returns to first item (flask). Same for spell on d-pad up, holding it goes to first spell.

I do not suggest mapping flasks to triangle shortcut pouch, honestly I think it’s too slow for some of the boss fights.

Up to you 🤷‍♂️

NickFire

Holding down bottom directional d-pad returns to first item (flask). Same for spell on d-pad up, holding it goes to first spell.

I do not suggest mapping flasks to triangle shortcut pouch, honestly I think it’s too slow for some of the boss fights.

Up to you 🤷‍♂️
I did not know about the holding down option. Very interesting and will be useful. I'm still gonna leave my flasks where they are though. I am primarily intelligence so I stay as far back as I can on boss fights anyway. Even with the hold down method I would still need to manually switch between blue and red. The extra button push is quicker for me than looking to see what flask is in que. But I still appreciate the hold down trick information for my spells and other items.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Finished the capital. I can’t believe the main boss of that area, after Godfrey, is a palette swap. Disgusting.
Yeah, for being the fifth major boss that was a huge letdown. Still a cool fight thanks to all the new moves but man, I dunno, at least they could have changed his clothes or something. And it's not the only instance of a major boss sharing his model with an optional one. :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I think they thought that, if it was fine doing this in Bloodborne's chalice dungeons, it would be fine doing it here. I don't mind some assets being reused in such a big game (I'm at 150 hours and still going) but no, major bosses should never be like that.

So far, my only but kinda big complain with the game.

you can't de-level your character, can you?

I don't think I'll be able to do NG+ on my dex character because I don't plan on leveling past level 150, since that seems to be the meta for PVP.

might make an astrologer and do NG+, NG++, etc. with that character. keep my dex character for PVP.

G-Bus

Banned
Think I've completely explored the Academy in Luirnia.

Moongrum, Carian Knight is causing some issues. Dex build samurai. No spells. Almost got him last night. Not a hard fight just having a hard time waiting for openings to attack. I get way too impatient.

Excited to see the main boss in here as I've gone in pretty blind. Done a good job avoiding boss spoilers and what not.

Ranni's quest spoilers:

so Blaidd started attacking me so I had to kill him. felt bad, I liked him. is there any way to avoid that or did I fuck up?

also Seluvis is now dead before I accepted his quest line. I guess I should have done that first before progressing Ranni's quest. live and learn

Aesius

Killing the three NPC invaders in front of the giant pot in Caelid is tough. I got it done last night but the sorcerer one that spawns can one-shot you.

Killing the three NPC invaders in front of the giant pot in Caelid is tough. I got it done last night but the sorcerer one that spawns can one-shot you.
am I crazy or does it spawn random NPCs each time you do it? could have sworn I summoned different guys each time I attempted it.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
So it's a "palete swap" when they use the same model twice and give him a totally different moveset?
It's very weird. Like they spent all that time developing new movements but they couldn't at least change the clothes or the head of that dude? I spent the whole cinematic thinking it was the same dude that somehow just came back from the grave, but no, totally different person.

am I crazy or does it spawn random NPCs each time you do it? could have sworn I summoned different guys each time I attempted it.
Same guys, at least for me. Two of them were easy but the one on the left was hard to beat.

Bartski

Gold Member
It's very weird. Like they spent all that time developing new movements but they couldn't at least change the clothes or the head of that dude? I spent the whole cinematic thinking it was the same dude that somehow just came back from the grave, but no, totally different person.
But it is the same person, it's his "true" form. And you can also meet him again in the field earlier so technically speaking you fight him 3 times and they constantly all come back to life, it's in the lore.

TintoConCasera

But it is the same person, it's his "true" form. And you can also meet him again in the field earlier so technically speaking you fight him 3 times and they constantly all come back to life, it's in the lore.
But the name's are different! Although now that you mention it, I think the third and last time he was still talking about my flame of ambition, so I guess you are right?

Pejo

Weapons with unique skills (that can't use ashes of war) get most of their skill damage by leveling up the weapon, with some minor improvements from stats. The stats are mostly responsible for the normal attacks of the weapon.

Moonveil has an absolutely killer R2 variant of it's weapon art, which will get better as you level it up. It's one of the quickest and best stagger moves I've come across in the game.

Lunarorbit

Damn my buddy just plat elden rings. I haven't played for a week but last Tuesday I was around 45 hours.

He must be close to 120 hours

Edit:162 hours with no save scumming. Damn I hit to get back at it

Last edited:
Top Bottom