• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

have went almost everywhere on starting area but no uchi :(
location below:

deathtouched_catacombs_map_elden_ring_wiki_guide_600px.jpg

First the problem wth Gargoyles are they huge so the camera is just gonna be messy and they just keep doing poison attack and it has crazy range so every time I try to get one of them other one is vomiting poison and I'm force to escape.

With Godskin Duo...fuck those guys, FUCK those assholes, they spam that black fire ball attack so damn fucking much and you would think just if you can mange kill one of them the fight would be easier but FUCK that! other one just bring them back to life........I hate that fight sooooo much.
Worst part is I timed my kills with Godskin duo to where they both died.... They both still come back to life.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Worst part is I timed my kills with Godskin duo to where they both died.... They both still come back to life.
They share same health pool so they will comeback to life as long as they have health left. Getting hit by their fire attacks off screen when I try to fight one of them is not fun.....I hate duo fights, but FROM seems to love putting them in their games.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Ok so where i have to go after the academy? caelid or the capital? or another place?

level 53 with mostly +3 weapons and no upgraded summons whatsoever.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
This Dragon Kin boss in the Ainsel River can fuck right off, it feels so cheap to fight the 2nd phase
The secret is to roll forward in the direction of the paws that he use to strike (in the oppose sense of the strike), he is not gonna touch you once.

Aenima

Finally finished the game, had to fight the last boss solo cuz everyone i summoned kept dying in the boss 1st fase, and my mimic lasted from the beginning of the 1st fase untill almost the very end, what a champ. Beated it with a melee build.

I found the game too big to my liking, i dont even bothered with some side bosses and still had more than 150h of gameplay. I will keep it installed as i might get in the mood later to explore some zones better, but for now im burned on killing bosses.

Game is great, but i think i prefer the non open world of the more focused soulsborne games. The world is great but all my favorite parts was closed stages, like castles where you cant use your mount and the game play like a previous souls game and these parts have the best level design. My beef with the open world and all the optional dungeons, was that after going through them most of the time i get a reward that is not for my build. For one side is great that the game offer so many builds and things for player to have fun, but for other side, i felt my efforts got less rewarded. One thing that Bloodborne did great with the more limited build options, is that most stuff i found was usefull to me.

Overall great game. Its a 9/10 from me.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
it's pretty fast, with Seppuku and dual wield it feels like it triggers after 1-2 hits

dual wielding the uchis even without seppuku causes it trigger very fast
No i was talking without bleed enhancement bullshits, just a one handed uchigatana +6, i can't do bleed on normal enemies for shit.

My bleed affinity rapier apply the status way faster.

I fought the giant ants yesterday and they need 5 hits to die with my current dmg output, never caused bleed once with them.

p.s. i got an invitation for some place, any vague hint where to search?

Last edited:
No i was talking without bleed enhancement bullshits, just a one handed uchigatana +6, i can't do bleed on normal enemies for shit.

My bleed affinity rapier apply the status way faster.

I fought the giant ants yesterday and they need 5 hits to die with my current dmg output, never caused bleed once with them.

p.s. i got an invitation for some place, any vague hint where to search?
without bleed enhancement, my dual wield keen katanas trigger bleed very, very fast. it isn't as fast if you just one though.

if the invitation is for where I think it is, I believe the person who gave you the invitation will automatically take you there at some point in the game as you unlock new regions.

GymWolf

Gold Member
without bleed enhancement, my dual wield keen katanas trigger bleed very, very fast. it isn't as fast if you just one though.

if the invitation is for where I think it is, I believe the person who gave you the invitation will automatically take you there at some point in the game as you unlock new regions.
Well my vanilla uchi is very disappointing for now, but with the ashes i can just transform any weapon into a bleed weapon, i just need something with fast attacks and range, i have the rapier but i'm not fully satisfied, although i smashed the academy boss with it.

Tbh i still trying to reach the requirements to use the gold halberd from the tree sentinel, since i'm not farming at all, shit request a lot of time, i'm gonna decide if i'm gonna remain with the halberd or go full bleed after i'm gonna try the damn weapon...

Automatically? does she kidnap me?

Last edited:
Well my vanilla uchi is very disappointing for now, but with the ashes i can just transform any weapon into a bleed weapon, i just need something with fast attacks and range, i have the rapier but i'm not fully satisfied, although i smashed the academy boss with it.

Tbh i still trying to reach the requirements to use the gold halberd from the tree sentinel, since i'm not farming at all, shit request a lot of time, i'm gonna decide if i'm gonna remain with the halberd or go full bleed after i'm gonna try the damn weapon...

Automatically? does she kidnap me?
I used uchi's exclusively for the first 60 or so hours of my play through. although I used keen scaling on them and pumped dex. was very happy with them. I'm about 80 hours deep in this play through and uchi is still in my top 3 favorite weapons.

i've read very mixed things about blood scaling and arcane. a lot of people think it's broken and doesn't scale properly, which is why I've only invested in dex.

I hear the gold halberd is amazing although I've never used it.

nah no kidnapping, she will just offer to take you there herself.

Chiggs

Gold Member
The cheese strategy for Mogh is one of the all time great video game exploits…I personally think it’s intentional, but who knows.

Last edited:

Bartski

Gold Member
I remember when I finally managed to get them both first-time HELL YES FUCKING FINALLY! ... what is happening the health bar is still there... respawned behind me and killed me in an instant.

Bartski

Gold Member
The cheese strategy for Mogh is one of the all time great video game exploits…I personally think it’s intentional, but who knows.
yeah I beat him legit and then farmed like 2 million runes this way.... always tried making sure whoever is summoning actually wants that, must really suck as a surprise gift troll move

SkylineRKR

I stopped using the Uchi. I have much more fun with the Winged Scythe.
Ok so where i have to go after the academy? caelid or the capital? or another place?

level 53 with mostly +3 weapons and no upgraded summons whatsoever.

At that level I did Caelid entirely (beat the world boss at 60). I would upgrade weapons somewhat further though. Find some Caves.

Last edited:

SCB3

Caelid is starting to put me off this game, it just seems to be the unfair area of Bullshit, even Shrine of Amana seemed fairer than some of this, I think being Level 50 is hurting me here

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Just hopped back in to help some people as a summon. I finished the game weak ago.
Damn my build is doing shit for damage as a summon :p Frost stomp is helping but my +25, A keen 650dmg, 55 bleed flamberge is not doing so amazing... but when it bleeds, it's fine.
What is a difference between summon sign and summon pool ? I get summoned in both cases instantly

Bartski

Gold Member
Just hopped back in to help some people as a summon. I finished the game weak ago.
Damn my build is doing shit for damage as a summon :p Frost stomp is helping but my +25, A keen 650dmg, 55 bleed flamberge is not doing so amazing... but when it bleeds, it's fine.
What is a difference between summon sign and summon pool ? I get summoned in both cases instantly
summon pool drops your summon sign in many places in the area at once

GymWolf

Gold Member
I stopped using the Uchi. I have much more fun with the Winged Scythe.

At that level I did Caelid entirely (beat the world boss at 60). I would upgrade weapons somewhat further though. Find some Caves.
Winged scythe sounds fun, i think i have one...

I have a fuckload of upgrading materials, i just don't wanna waste them.

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
summon pool drops your summon sign in many places in the area at once
So why would the normal summon sign exist? It seems less effective then.
Anyway - what are best places to invade and best places to help ?
Last 4 bosses, I get summoned in seconds. First 3 bosses - not summoned once

So why would the normal summon sign exist? It seems less effective then.
Anyway - what are best places to invade and best places to help ?
Last 4 bosses, I get summoned in seconds. First 3 bosses - not summoned once
the normal summon sign is if you're looking to help with a particular boss. I find it very useful for certain situations

1. it's great for farming specific bosses your build is very effective at destroying to get rune arcs
2. if the boss is at the end of a long dungeon with no near grace/marika, it gives you an opportunity to practice against the boss without having to restart the dungeon if you lose
3. it's useful if you just enjoy fighting a certain boss

etc.

Last edited:

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Is there any reason I shouldn't kill the merchants? You get their bell and can have all of their items in one place. Seems the way to go. It's hilarious that I noticed they use a back scratcher to attack you and some of them hit hard af

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
You can buy em at the roundtable once you turn in certain bell bearing key items.
I already unlocked that feature but if i remeber well it only sell normal stone not the somber one you use for special weapons.

But literally 5 min ago in a random cave with a boss i found an ice rapier where the strong attack is a ranged ice projectile that doesn't consume pa and you can even charge it...i'm thinking of respeccing for this thing because it look stupidly op...

Is there any reason I shouldn't kill the merchants? You get their bell and can have all of their items in one place. Seems the way to go.
what have they ever done to you?! you monster

on a more serious note, I've had one merchant trigger a quest so I'm reluctant to kill them. I had no idea they drop bells, but even given that, knowing how cryptic these fucking quests are I'm too scared to kill any NPC...for the most part

I've only killed 2 NPCs since I've started. one I felt bad about but I wanted his whip, the other I didn't feel bad about and I wanted his armor

it's possible I may have fucked up other stuff in the game, who the hell knows

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
So this ice rapier scale with str and dex, but what about the ice projectile? Does it scale with int?

I'm confused...

SkylineRKR

I already unlocked that feature but if i remeber well it only sell normal stone not the somber one you use for special weapons.

But literally 5 min ago in a random cave with a boss i found an ice rapier where the strong attack is a ranged ice projectile that doesn't consume pa and you can even charge it...i'm thinking of respeccing for this thing because it look stupidly op...

They sell Somber also. There is one blacksmith who does right away, he's close to the manor. But the vendor in the roundtable also sells somber in my game.

Chiggs

Gold Member
Is there any reason I shouldn't kill the merchants? You get their bell and can have all of their items in one place. Seems the way to go. It's hilarious that I noticed they use a back scratcher to attack you and some of them hit hard af

I think you miss quests, just like with any NPC.

DavidGzz

Gold Member
what have they ever done to you?! you monster

on a more serious note, I've had one merchant trigger a quest so I'm reluctant to kill them. I had no idea they drop bells, but even given that, knowing how cryptic these fucking quests are I'm too scared to kill any NPC...for the most part

I've only killed 2 NPCs since I've started. one I felt bad about but I wanted his whip, the other I didn't feel bad about and I wanted his armor

it's possible I may have fucked up other stuff in the game, who the hell knows

I don't ever expect to see all the NPC interactions. Plus I've spoiled many from watching several streamers play through the first half of the game. I'll just have to watch Vaati later lol

SCB3

Magma Wyrm
and got a nice new sword for it, I know theres another one as well, but this one going down was revenge

Last edited:

imsosleepy

Game is definitely much easier so far. Im level 70. Heard the end game starts to get very rough though.

Never have i faced anything remotely difficult. However i am playing on easy mode being a spellcaster. Whenever i face someone who kicks my ass way to fast i just leave and come back later - which i thonk is how the game was intended to be played.

On a different note. Whats the best staff that doesnt increase the fp cost? Im still running the meteorite one as even upgrading other staffs still has their scalling lower. I think i got two other staffs to +9 and they still are lower. My int is at 53 i think.
There is a amazing 60 int staff forgot name

Batiman

Banned
Yo why is Blaiid attacking me for no reason now? I met him in the underground and he wants beef for some reason. If I kill him here am I gonna lose his loot?

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
Put in another couple of hours today. Cleared up a bunch of small stuff I've been meaning to do. Now my questions becomes how to go about exploring Caelid. I don't have the second item to take the lift. But the item description on the first part tells me exactly where to find part 2. So that's where I will go. Around level 52 at the moment.

I have 2 underground sections opened at the moment as well. Maybe I should explore there.

Top Bottom