• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

SkylineRKR

ok, some things in this are really starting to piss me off, the aggressiveness of an enemy when you heal for example, its a slow process already but it seems like an enemy will specifically speed up and enrage when you do, it borders the line of unfair cause you cannot cancel out so you have to take the hit

Then you talk about some of the bullshit the bosses do

Twin Gargoyles - Not only do have to fight 2 of them, but they're fast, hit hard and from range, but also throw poison all over, ffs FromSoft, maybe calm that down a little bit

Yeah enemies obviously cheat. It seems they cancel or shorten their recovery when you heal. The game does read your inputs. The key is, run far from them, it won't aggro them when you heal.

CrustyBritches

Gold Member
Been working my way through the Academy of Raya Lucaria. Lots of goodies for mages in there. 1st boss wasn't much trouble using demi-humans to give me enough distance to pop-off Rock Sling a bunch of times and blocking attacks with my turtle shell. The 2nd boss is a bit of bitch with a mage and all the specific targets you have to hit. Made it through that phase after I figured out what was going on, but then got 1-shot nuked at the start of the 2nd phase. Just too tired after that so I'll try again tonight. Still have a couple goodies to play with even if I ignore that boss, now to grind Int from 38 to 52.

Last edited:

Pejo

Man, I think Lichdragon Fortissax was quite possibly the best balanced boss in the game so far. Lots of shit to watch out for in the fight, but very fair. Not constant agression, a fairly diverse moveset that changes throughout the fight but never becomes bullshit. If I had one complaint, it'd be how the red lightning sticks to you just from touching his front quarters. It should have been a debuff from getting hit by the claws only. Anyways, it was a huge improvement to me over the usual hyper aggressive bosses that require parries or roll spam. By the end of the fight I was completely out of flasks and on my last 1/3 of life, but I knew very well when I fucked up and the damage I took was mostly earned through bad play or mistakes. Really great fight for me personally and left an impression. I really liked Fia and that whole subquest actually. Really tragic.

decided to hop on my dex char and beat fire giant and try to beat the game today

just fought godskin duo. fight made me scratch my head. I beat them both in under one minute. how close am I to the end of the game?

if that was one of the final boss fights, a little underwhelming

maybe they're just super susceptible to slash damage

decided to hop on my dex char and beat fire giant and try to beat the game today

just fought godskin duo. fight made me scratch my head. I beat them both in under one minute. how close am I to the end of the game?

Close. The last of boss of that area was the biggest PITA for me, but it seems like others didn't have as much trouble. Maybe build dependent. Or maybe, I suck - that's a possibility, as well.

DonJorginho

Banned
Is it just me or did the SONAF not get nerfed that much? I got it at +9 and it feels like it still shreds bosses.

Just got to the ice region.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Man, I think Lichdragon Fortissax was quite possibly the best balanced boss in the game so far. Lots of shit to watch out for in the fight, but very fair. Not constant agression, a fairly diverse moveset that changes throughout the fight but never becomes bullshit. If I had one complaint, it'd be how the red lightning sticks to you just from touching his front quarters. It should have been a debuff from getting hit by the claws only. Anyways, it was a huge improvement to me over the usual hyper aggressive bosses that require parries or roll spam. By the end of the fight I was completely out of flasks and on my last 1/3 of life, but I knew very well when I fucked up and the damage I took was mostly earned through bad play or mistakes. Really great fight for me personally and left an impression. I really liked Fia and that whole subquest actually. Really tragic.
Absolutely missed this, and probably more things.

Guess I'll have to put another 160 hours into this and replay it. :messenger_tears_of_joy:

lesser red wolf of radagon
lesser_red_wolf_of_radagon_enemies_elden_ring_wiki_300px.jpg

wtf with this thing at the moonlight altar , awful enemy
As a melee only character, these are some of the absolute worst enemies in the game. Just dreadfully unfun to fight.

Bartski

Gold Member
960 000 runes for killing Malenia in NG+. Wow.

Pay Day Money GIF

Very tough fight, top 3 hardest in the game for sure. I can't imagine doing it without my filthy poise break tank Dung Eater summon.
I was getting destroyed 'till I changed affinity back from bleed to occult on my 2 seppuku ash katanas. Faster bleed buildup is nice, but raw DPS on powerstance was what made the difference after affinity change as a minmaxed arcane / dex. Optimized scaling is everything.

I still think this fight is very RNG, when standing too close when she does THAT MOVE targeting you rather than the summon - it's over. At least for me.

Last edited:
respecd from pure dex to arcane/dex about an hour ago

7d0RXFb.jpg

this build is pretty insane. I thought I was doing pretty crazy damage previously on my pure dex build with hand of melania +10 and uchi +25 with keen and seppuku

running rivers of blood +10 with uchi +25, currently still at keen but that's due to me not really knowing what the advantage of is of keen vs occult vs blood. and white mask for bleed buff.

currently using these 4 talisman with it: rotten winged, millicent's prosthesis, shard of alexander, lord of blood's exultation

also not sure how I should be doing stat distro for this build when it comes to arcane vs dex. currently at 50 dex and 49 arcane. I'm familiar with the caps/breakpoints for dex scaling but no idea how they work with arcane

can't wait to test this out in PVP

edit: Bartski Bartski just saw your post, any feedback on this? thanks!

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
I returned to do some stuff I missed (rikard, rot lake and some stuff).
I finally switched from the crusty flamberge...
Now using Ghizza wheel and it rocks. It is really OP in some situations. I mainly just leave my summon sign and try to help people and it MELTS some enemies from the back when host is taking focus.
I also upgraded UGS to +25 only to find that it is dissapointingly, no only lower dps than Ghizzas wheel but ghizza also have bleed and good skill. So there is no reason to use guts sword in this

Bartski

Gold Member
respecd from pure dex to arcane/dex about an hour ago

7d0RXFb.jpg

this build is pretty insane. I thought I was doing pretty crazy damage previously on my pure dex build with hand of melania +10 and uchi +25 with keen and seppuku

running rivers of blood +10 with uchi +25, currently still at keen but that's due to me not really knowing what the advantage of is of keen vs occult vs blood. and white mask for bleed buff.

currently using these 4 talisman with it: rotten winged, millicent's prosthesis, shard of alexander, lord of blood's exultation

also not sure how I should be doing stat distro for this build when it comes to arcane vs dex. currently at 50 dex and 49 arcane. I'm familiar with the caps/breakpoints for dex scaling but no idea how they work with arcane

can't wait to test this out in PVP

edit: Bartski Bartski just saw your post, any feedback on this? thanks!
yeah it's crazy good and fun as very strong melee option. With this arcane to dex balance IMO you're much better off sticking to blood affinity that gives you much higher blood loss buildup and scales more towards dex than the occult affinity that I'm using. Find seppuku ash of war (somewhere in the snowy north) and try that on the uchigatana, with a bleed setup like this it should be perfect

yeah it's crazy good and fun as very strong melee option. With this arcane to dex balance IMO you're much better off sticking to blood affinity that gives you much higher blood loss buildup and scales more towards dex than the occult affinity that I'm using. Find seppuku ash of war (somewhere in the snowy north) and try that on the uchigatana, with a bleed setup like this it should be perfect
yeah I've been using Seppuku. It's great, I'm just usually too lazy to apply it to my weapons lol.

it is really interesting comparing the damage of dex vs occult vs blood

occult does more dmg than blood but obviously doesn't apply as much bleed.

I think if I keep applying Seppuku the bleed will be so high it won't make a difference, but yeah the math is starting to give me a headache

imsosleepy

They should have left Radahn alone imo.
I can only imagine what the player data looks like on Froms end. Tons of players just have been leaving at that point, hence the patch.
I tried so often.. First its annoying to even get to him lol. And then I can't imagine doing him close range.. I cheesed him with a lot of patience and a lot of arrows..

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Trying to
I'm stuck on godrick. tried hum at lvl40 and got him to 1/4th of hp. later on leveled to 53 and never got past roughly half hp. the problem is I've explored most of the map, with only caelid left plus parts of river. I guess I just have to get good?

Is that barbarian woman not available as a summon to help? I also advise using the rot dog spirit ash if you have it. It builds up rot pretty quickly.

Also, remember that you can hop in place to avoid is ground pound AoE.

jadefire66

I'm having so much fun on this character where I decided that I'm not going to the Altus Plateau until I'm done with all the previous areas. Seems like NPCs aren't in such a rush to leave anymore, which is awesome, so many of them at the Roundtable Hold all the time. Wanna progress everyone's questlines and get everything I need before taking the Grand Lift of Dectus.

I also had no idea that Redmane Castle is in its regular form before you reach the Altus Plateau. There's enemies everywhere, more loot and the duo bosses. You can't actually start the Radahn festival even if you defeat the bosses lol. The announcer says "have patience, the stars will align soon". But I found out you can make the festival start by doing the early bits of Ranni's questline, which I'm gonna do. Normally, on every other character I had, the Redmane Castle was always empty because I would always rush to the Altus Plateau early to get loot and shit. This is actually really cool.

Seems like Rogier's questline has some really important piece of lore and I had no idea about it. (About who is responsible for killing the first demigod and the ring shattering afterwards). Everything just ties up nicely by having him send you to the Caria Manor where you start the Ranni questline, which opens up the Radahn Festival when you finally tell Blaidd about Nokron's location being tied to Radahn.. Honestly this game probably has the best questlines in the series, I just love them.

Also, the Godrick Soldier Ashes are really good. Way better than the Jellyfish imo. Got them to +3 early and they stay alive long enough and take aggro way more than the jellyfish.

Last edited:

iorek21

Amazing how each "Legacy Dungeon" is a direct homage to previous Souls games:

Stormveil = Boletarian Palace (DeS)
Academy = DS3/Bloodborne
Volcano Manor = Bloodborne
Leyndell = Anor Londo (DS1)
Sewers = Depths (DS1)
Caria Manor = DS2
Farum Azula = Dragon Shrine (DS2)
Underground Regions = Crown of the Sunken King (DS2)
Carian Study Hall = Bloodborne
Haligtree = DS1/DS3

All side dungeons are basically the Chalice Dungeons and the open world is basically Sekiro.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

yesterday I unlocked the "secret" spirit ash of the Dung Eater puppet. After upgrading to +10... it wrecks dungeon bosses without my help.
Was this through Seluvius’ quest? I messed up with Dung Eater and ended up fighting him instead. Never got to give him the potion.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
I wish this game had actual dark nights, like Dragon's Dogma. The nights in this game are as bright as day, just with some stars in the sky. I have trouble even telling what time it is without checking on the map screen.

Last edited:

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wish this game had actual dark nights, like Dragon's Dogma. The nights in this game are as bright as day, just with some stars in the sky. I have trouble even telling what time it is without checking on the map screen.
Probably your TV. Sometimes on my OLED I can't see shit because it's too damn dark. Makes it pretty fun because shit really goes down at night. Feels a bit like Castlevania 2 and things get crazier when you can't see. I find myself resting at sites of grace when this happens just so I can see shit.

Orbital2060

correct, you still have to fight him in the moat but then return to the jail give his real body the potion Seluvius gave you for Nepheli.
Awesome,, thanks again 💯

I might have a chance at him still being there then - I thought it was over when he dropped his sword.

Last edited:

Bragr

Banned

Godskin due was the hardest boss for me by far during the entire game. It's the boss fight that felt most out of place. Did you use summons?

I had to use summons or lose my mind, it annoyed the hell out of me, my tank build just couldn't move out of the way at all with both attacking.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Probably your TV. Sometimes on my OLED I can't see shit because it's too damn dark. Makes it pretty fun because shit really goes down at night. Feels a bit like Castlevania 2 and things get crazier when you can't see. I find myself resting at sites of grace when this happens just so I can see shit.

In caves and such it gets plenty dark, I don't see shit without a torch or lantern. But outside the nights don't get dark at all, just a bit gloomy.

Bartski

Gold Member
Awesome,, thanks again 💯

I might have a chance at him still being there then - I thought it was over when he dropped his sword.
if you already used the potion Seluvius gave you elsewhere - I'm afraid NG+ is your only option.
It's worth it, I haven't done any tests but it really feels like the strongest Spirit Ash there is. At +10 he's got thousands of HP, hits like a truck, got buffs, AOEs, spews homing projectiles and on top of that - tons of bleed on the sword! Pretty crazy. But then the hardest bosses get so much more health and damage in NG+ he was essential.

Godskin due was the hardest boss for me by far during the entire game. It's the boss fight that felt most out of place. Did you use summons?

I had to use summons or lose my mind, it annoyed the hell out of me, my tank build just couldn't move out of the way at all with both attacking.
Yeah, used a summon. The fatty looked like he would be susceptible to my katanas, I think it only took 3 full water fowl dance combos to kill him. Then I just overwhelmed the other one with bleed dmg.

Currently fighting and having some trouble with
ragadon and elden beast. First phase is fine but for the elden beast it’s taking me forever to close the gap and get some hits in. Not sure what I’m supposed to be about zoning. So annoying spend a minute just to run up to the mob only to have it teleport far as fuck away

mansoor1980

the evergoal in ordina liturgical town..................................
PNDd.gif

finally beat it after shitting bricks for nearly an hour , brilliant and original

Last edited:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Finally back after taking the family on vacation. Did some catacombs and stuff to get back into the swing of things. Glad i beat Radahn before I left.

going to go somewhere just not sure. Maybe up to the land above the swamps. game is great. I do like seeing npcs on the map.

Orbital2060

if you already used the potion Seluvius gave you elsewhere - I'm afraid NG+ is your only option.
It's worth it, I haven't done any tests but it really feels like the strongest Spirit Ash there is. At +10 he's got thousands of HP, hits like a truck, got buffs, AOEs, spews homing projectiles and on top of that - tons of bleed on the sword! Pretty crazy. But then the hardest bosses get so much more health and damage in NG+ he was essential.
I still have the potion, but Seluvius is dead. I dont know if that makes a difference.

I just found Dung Eater in his cell though, and fed him two curses. So thats still possible. But he never showed up at the Roundtable again so I dont know. I will try and feed him three more curses and see if I can give him the potion then.

Last edited:
Currently level 65. Took on Raya Lucardia Academy the last two days, was victorious.

Wasn't too bad either. The music during the boss is sublime. Awesome boss too, super atmospheric and pretty chill compared to Godrick & Margit. Also killed a Crucible Knight in one of those Evergaol areas., that was damn exciting.

This game is just so much fun.

Bartski

Gold Member
I still have the potion, but Seluvius is dead. I dont know if that makes a difference.

I just found Dung Eater in his cell though, and fed him two curses. So thats still possible. But he never showed up at the Roundtable again so I dont know. I will try and feed him three more curses and see if I can give him the potion then.
I think the only way is to buy it from Seluvis while he's still alive... Giving the Dung Eater remaining curses grants you the option for one of the endings.

Orbital2060

I think the only way is to buy it from Seluvis while he's still alive... Giving the Dung Eater remaining curses grants you the option for one of the endings.
Ok sounds like its too late then. I can still hand the potion over to Nephelis father in the library. Not to Nepheli, after I gave her the storm hawk. But Haight aint talking either, I dont know if there is a questline there. Maybe Nepheli and her dad can be made into summons too

ssringo

Gold Member
Up til now I've apparently managed to avoid the (bugged?) dog attack that one shots through everything. But I've thoroughly enjoyed it multiple times tonight. Through a greatshield, through an entire stamina bar and through an entire hp bar in one go. Delicious!

Mossybrew

So I'm poking around both the Mt Gelmir area and the Leyndell Capital area and looking at my time spent between my two characters, I'm at like 87 hours, and finally I think I'm starting to grow a bit weary of the game.

decided to test out how effective the bleed build is in PvP

no surprise, it is pretty devastating.

sorry about the sound, not sure what happened when uploading

I see lots of people running around with bleed builds but, like in the video, you can tell they aren't really familiar with the weapon/weapon art they're using (e.g. spamming the weapon art when not in range)

still a lot of diversity from the looks at it when it comes to PvP, which is nice. but it definitely seems like a lot of people are going bleed after the patch.

So what exactly am I looking at with the Four Belfries?
Real locations on the map, alternate realities, or what?
real locations, one of them is the starting area actually

Last edited:

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
so the only way to get the somber ancient dragon smithing stone is by going to the secret map in the north , brilliant
There are others. Unless you’ve already collected them and need another.

You beaten Mohg? There’s one there just before the fight for example

Last edited:
Radahn down in two tries and crossing the 90 hour mark. Godslayer sling +12 and Dragon Rot breath doing work. Now where is that Rot Queen b**ch Malenia I heard so much about.

Top Bottom