• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I think I am about to go against the final boss, can you get all the ending in one play through or do I have to go to NG+? I'm on Xbox.

Last edited:

DanEON

Just finished the game after 165h. :messenger_grimmacing_
And Magic is really easy mode. I didnt have any difficult moment. I took down most of the bosses in first try, including the last 3.

ssringo

Gold Member
I keep going back and forth on what to do for my second playthrough. Got both a Sorcerer and Strongth character ready to clear Stormveil. I kinda want to blow through with Sorcery before any nerfs but it's also super fun launching bitches with big fuck off weapons.

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
Has anyone done all the endings on a single playthrough on the xbox yet?

I think I read that you can save. Disconnect from the internet, do an ending. quit out, then reconnect and let the cloud over write your save, disconnect, get another ending, and let the cloud keep overwriting. Just looking for some confirmation.

Found my answer.

How to get all three endings in one playthrough with the Cloud Save Ending Trick:

1. Beat final boss and activate Site of Grace in final room. Save and fully quit out of your game so that your cloud save is uploaded.
2. Load your save file and interact with the Blue Summon Sign for Ranni on the floor for Age of the Stars Ending (Look at the Age of the Stars solution for more info on this and a video).
3. As soon as the ending achievement pops, press Home-Button > scroll down to Elden Ring > press Options > Manage Game > Saved Data > click Gamertag > Delete Saved Data > Delete from Console > if it still shows the save, delete it again until it’s gone > press Home-Button and restart the game > it will now sync / download your save from cloud.
4. Load your save file and interact with the statue for Elden Lord Ending.
5. Repeat step 3 and download your save file again.
6. Head to Frenzied Flame Proscription, take off all your armor and interact with the door. The Three Fingers will grab you and brand you (Look at the Lord of Frenzied Flame solution for more info on this and a video).
7. Head to the Fractured Marika Site of Grace again
8. Interact with the statue once more for Lord of the Frenzied Flame Ending.

Last edited:

Anyone met "let me solo her"?
i haven't been fortunate enough to be in their presence but i have heard of them. i hope he will come to my aid should i struggle against malenia.

edit: the legend himself:

Astel is giving me huge bloodborne vibes. Also, how many secret areas and bosses does this game have? This is insane. Like many said, this feels like I'm a playing a game plus lots of dlcs on top of it.
i don't know about secret but, as far as i know, some areas that are out the way and aren't easily accessible are:
  • consecrated snowfields - you need to backtrack a little after getting two halves of a medallion
  • mohgwyn palace - you can see it from Siofra underground and it's accessible from consecrated snowfields
  • haligtree - also only accessible from snowfields after doing a puzzle
  • Subterranean Shunning-Grounds - not secret but quite easy to miss
  • leyndell catacombs - found at bottom of shunning grounds
  • cathedral of the forsaken - this is a true hidden area. it's an area in the shunning grounds but there is a hidden entrance that takes you future down and this is required for a certain ending
  • deeproot depths - you need to go through siofra aqueducts and defeat twin gargoyles then use a portal or find a second hidden wall after the hidden wall in cathedral of the forsaken.
  • nokron eternal city - only accessible after defeating an semi-optional boss which requires progressing an npc quest.
  • ainsel river main - accessible by progressing an npc quest and using a teleport or accessing deeproot depths and using a teleport.
  • lake of rot - accessible from nokstella eternal city and to reach that you need to access ainsel river main.
  • volcano manor dungeon - i believe it's behind a hidden wall

Last edited by a moderator:

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
i haven't been fortunate enough to be in their presence but i have heard of them. i hope he will come to my aid should i struggle against malenia.

edit: the legend himself:

I can help you with her. As the host your main job is to keep your health up and get in a hit when you can. I beat her on my second try. Blood flies do wonders to her. I also have a blood shield that bashes her brains in. Most ov her stuff can be blocked.

If you are on xbox you can summon me.

I can help you with her. As the host your main job is to keep your health up and get in a hit when you can. I beat her on my second try. Blood flies do wonders to her. I also have a blood shield that bashes her brains in. Most ov her stuff can be blocked.

If you are on xbox you can summon me.
thanks for your offer but i'm not on Xbox and i'm not reached her yet! i just arrived at the haligtree area so need to fight my way to her fog gate. i'm going to see how i manage on my own and if i struggle i will summon :)

the weapons let me solo her uses are the same i have so it's good to know my set up is kinda right for her.

SkylineRKR

Has anyone done all the endings on a single playthrough on the xbox yet?

I think I read that you can save. Disconnect from the internet, do an ending. quit out, then reconnect and let the cloud over write your save, disconnect, get another ending, and let the cloud keep overwriting. Just looking for some confirmation.

Found my answer.

How to get all three endings in one playthrough with the Cloud Save Ending Trick:

1. Beat final boss and activate Site of Grace in final room. Save and fully quit out of your game so that your cloud save is uploaded.
2. Load your save file and interact with the Blue Summon Sign for Ranni on the floor for Age of the Stars Ending (Look at the Age of the Stars solution for more info on this and a video).
3. As soon as the ending achievement pops, press Home-Button > scroll down to Elden Ring > press Options > Manage Game > Saved Data > click Gamertag > Delete Saved Data > Delete from Console > if it still shows the save, delete it again until it’s gone > press Home-Button and restart the game > it will now sync / download your save from cloud.
4. Load your save file and interact with the statue for Elden Lord Ending.
5. Repeat step 3 and download your save file again.
6. Head to Frenzied Flame Proscription, take off all your armor and interact with the door. The Three Fingers will grab you and brand you (Look at the Lord of Frenzied Flame solution for more info on this and a video).
7. Head to the Fractured Marika Site of Grace again
8. Interact with the statue once more for Lord of the Frenzied Flame Ending.

I have PS5 and what I did was disable auto upload, and then quit before the final battle as I had accepted the frenzy flame already. This makes it a bit more difficult but its still doable. Basically, I first beat the boss and obviously only got the flame ending. Then I took my previous save, cured myself and beat the boss again, uploaded this save for the other endings.

lol since i got to mohgwyn + haligtree my interest in the game has disappeared. i think i'm burned out and a bit intimidated. i got to mohgwyn and saw a shit load of enemies and noped out. got to haligtree and those little fucking trumpet cunts killed me SITTING AT THE SITE OF GRACE. also i know that malenia is the boss so i'm dreading that. i've done about half of farum azula.

i can skip mohgwyn + haligtree and just rush to the end of the game. i can't bring myself to play it. for a while now i've been rushing past enemies because i can't be arsed fighting with them.

I just killed Maliketh the Black Blade on my first try. I thought people said he was hard?
that's been the story of the game for me so far.... it's been quite easy despite all the comments i see about this or that boss being hard. the only bosses i struggled with were twin gargoyles + commander neil/niall (can't remember) and some edgelord whip boi.

hopefully when i get to malenia i kick her arse.

SJRB

Gold Member
Am I crazy or is Castle Sol a huge spike in difficulty? I'm getting bodied left and right, and the bossfight is insane.

Last edited:

SSfox

Ok so now i'm finally ready to go NG+ after continuing exploring after beating the game for around 10+ hours. Mindblowing how many more secret areas and bosses i found, this game is insane!!!

went to mohgwyn. FUCK THAT PLACE. i jumped on my horse and rushed through it to the next site of grace. the big boney bois wrecked my shit and the bloody birds too. grabbed all the items and fucked off. the boss itself was not too dificult but there was an attack that inflicted heavy blood loss and basically killed me every time. i eventually had to spam my sunny d juice during it. got sick of it and summoned help. i'm so beyond this fucking game right now i can't deal with it.

haligtree is even worse. i don't know how the fuck you are meant to fight every enemy in this. these two areas have really pissed me off. i beat the loretta knight and got to the next site of grace but i am done today. i'm lvl 142 now. got my bloodhound fang to +10 but it's almost useless against some enemies here. there has been a huge difficulty spike the last few areas. i've played all the from software games but i am really sick and tired of this bullshit. i'm too old for the stress lol. miyazaki is one fucked up cunt.
Am I crazy or is Castle Sol a huge spike in difficulty? I'm getting bodied left and right, and the bossfight is insane.
i felt the same. died so many times to the knights and the stupid bird with blades. i had to summon help for the cunt of a boss. there is an item you can get that turns his spirit knights on him which takes like half of his health away but even then it's still tough on your own i think.

Mr Moose

Missed Bolt of Gransax so I have to new game+ it :messenger_weary:
I ran straight to the boss, fuck everything else. Took me a few tries to kill the boss, figured ignoring the two ghost things with him was the best way to go since they disappear when he's half health. Wrecked him with swarm of flies.
The bell thing outside is bugged for me, can't duplicate.
lol since i got to mohgwyn + haligtree my interest in the game has disappeared. i think i'm burned out and a bit intimidated. i got to mohgwyn and saw a shit load of enemies and noped out. got to haligtree and those little fucking trumpet cunts killed me SITTING AT THE SITE OF GRACE. also i know that malenia is the boss so i'm dreading that. i've done about half of farum azula.

i can skip mohgwyn + haligtree and just rush to the end of the game. i can't bring myself to play it. for a while now i've been rushing past enemies because i can't be arsed fighting with them.
Nice little farm in the Mohgwyn Palace, and a nice mask for blood builds if you beat the 3 white masked guys before beating the boss (I beat him before killing them so fucked that up for myself).

Last edited:

I ran straight to the boss, fuck everything else. Took me a few tries to kill the boss, figured ignoring the two ghost things with him was the best way to go since they disappear when he's half health. Wrecked him with swarm of flies.
i didn't know you could run straight to the boss until i had done everything else lol. i saw the spikes and thought i can't go that way but i realised there was gaps between them. i'm an idiot.

Nice little farm in the Mohgwyn Palace, and a nice mask for blood builds if you beat the 3 white masked guys before beating the boss (I beat him before killing them so fucked that up for myself).
i killed one of them. a 2nd one appeared but i was getting gangbanged by the dogs and birds so had no chance of fighting the invader.

i was getting a lot of runes but again...was dying a lot. i don't even care anymore. i've maxed out my weapons and the bosses themselves aren't too difficult so fuck it i'm running through all this bullshit.

luffie

went to mohgwyn. FUCK THAT PLACE. i jumped on my horse and rushed through it to the next site of grace. the big boney bois wrecked my shit and the bloody birds too. grabbed all the items and fucked off. the boss itself was not too dificult but there was an attack that inflicted heavy blood loss and basically killed me every time. i eventually had to spam my sunny d juice during it. got sick of it and summoned help. i'm so beyond this fucking game right now i can't deal with it.

haligtree is even worse. i don't know how the fuck you are meant to fight every enemy in this. these two areas have really pissed me off. i beat the loretta knight and got to the next site of grace but i am done today. i'm lvl 142 now. got my bloodhound fang to +10 but it's almost useless against some enemies here. there has been a huge difficulty spike the last few areas. i've played all the from software games but i am really sick and tired of this bullshit. i'm too old for the stress lol. miyazaki is one fucked up cunt.

i felt the same. died so many times to the knights and the stupid bird with blades. i had to summon help for the cunt of a boss. there is an item you can get that turns his spirit knights on him which takes like half of his health away but even then it's still tough on your own i think.
lol, yeah take a break, there's no need to beat this game asap.

At times i do feel exhausted on certain areas too. Too much of good food makes it bad for us 😉

AJUMP23

Parody of actual AJUMP23
I beat Godfrey on the first try with my mimic. Frosted him then used the mimic distraction to work him. Mimic died and I had a quarter left on his health. I took him to task and sent him to the catacombs.

ssringo

Gold Member
the boss itself was not too dificult but there was an attack that inflicted heavy blood loss and basically killed me every time. i eventually had to spam my sunny d juice during it. got sick of it and summoned help. i'm so beyond this fucking game right now i can't deal with it.
Funnily enough there's a crystal tear you can mix in your wondrous flask that negates most of the damage from that attack specifically. You can get it at the Second Church of Marika on Atlus Plateau.

Not that it helps you at this point :eek:

SkylineRKR

I don't get Keen scaling.

For example, I have a Zweihander+25 with Earthshaker. I have STR 31 and DEX 48. On Keen, which has E/B, I get 650 damage. On Quality, which is B/B, I get 600. Now, Keen scales more with Dex apparently. But why doesn't it simply change Dex to S then?

I also had an Arcane build with Blood Zweihander, pretty good! 155 blood build up, every 2 strikes. add in charge and jump talisman and stun crystal tear and its pretty fun.

Also, the Erdtree Greatbow absolutely needs a buff. On 50 faith and lower DEX/STR the Golem with normal great arrows still outguns Erdtree with Golden Arrows. It needs B scaling on FTH at the very least. They probably could use some homing as well, and perhaps ashes of war. I enjoy using them, its fun to snipe and hit multiple fools at once. Rooted out the cloister lol.

Last edited:

skneogaf

I beat Godfrey on the first try with my mimic. Frosted him then used the mimic distraction to work him. Mimic died and I had a quarter left on his health. I took him to task and sent him to the catacombs.

He is a massive disappointment, far too easy.

SJRB

Gold Member
Okay so at the Mountaintops, when Melina asks you if you are ready to commit the cardinal sin, is this the trigger for the ending and/or point of no return?

Okay so at the Mountaintops, when Melina asks you if you are ready to commit the cardinal sin, is this the trigger for the ending and/or point of no return?
it's a soft point of no return. you can still go about most things but stuff will change. you need to make sure you do NPC quests and i think decide what ending you want to go for.

after you commit then you'll be taken to a new area. if you progress to that areas boss then that's the real point of no return. as far as i know...

i done the sin but really it hasn't changed much. i didn't bother with many quests. i've left the area i was transported to and am finishing off the optional areas before going back to finsih the game

Mr Moose

Make sure you get the Bolt of Gransax before you go too much further if you are going for plat without new game+.

SkylineRKR

No.

The point of no return is defeating the boss of the region after that scene. Just take the bolt of gransax and perhaps other times you might have missed in the Capital such as Seedbed curses before you beat that new area.

mekes

!34 hours in and I’ve made it to the final boss, who is kicking my ass. I thought I was going to complete the game today but Miyazaki has said no. I have really enjoyed this game. I already know that the next game is probably going to feel remarkably average in comparison! I have to give huge props to FS. I would currently put this as my 4th favourite game of theirs, and it will likely be my GotY after spending so long playing it and still really enjoying it all.

Bloodborne/Sekiro tied first
DS/ER/3/2

The only thing holding it back for me is the lore, which is something very subjective and could be somebody else’s, or everybody else’s favourite thing. The scope, adventure, challenge, playability and surprises have all been top tier.

SkylineRKR

Just reached the last boss and wtf is this shite thing?

1st phase is absolutely perfect but this stupid thing has taken elden ring from a 10 to at best an 8.

Its hilariously bad!

I'm actually gutted!

I liked him a lot. First phase is perfect yeah, its a great fight with lots of openings and decent reads.

But second, yeah he's fine imo. He's actually easy. All you need to have is holy protection (also for phase 1). I had 24 faith and popped a rune arc so I could cast that spell, but you can probably get by with talisman+item as well. Or use talisman with extra faith points if you have that amount.

His waves and swings are easy to evade, his ring you need to run outside of, I just ran through and it did no damage with protection. The biggest issue I have with this guy, is that hes always out of melee range. I did beat him full melee though but I've read Pest Threats melts him. Elden Stars is the only spell I have a hard time evading, but there is also a crystal tear that heals you I think. The rest? Its pretty much nothing after Farum Azula and Haligtree.

Last edited:
hBTrfwO.jpg
QH09bBD.jpg
xFD1nZv.jpg

Some fun with daggers and runebears.

JeTmAn81

I liked him a lot. First phase is perfect yeah, its a great fight with lots of openings and decent reads.

But second, yeah he's fine imo. He's actually easy. All you need to have is holy protection (also for phase 1). I had 24 faith and popped a rune arc so I could cast that spell, but you can probably get by with talisman+item as well. Or use talisman with extra faith points if you have that amount.

His waves and swings are easy to evade, his ring you need to run outside of, I just ran through and it did no damage with protection. The biggest issue I have with this guy, is that hes always out of melee range. I did beat him full melee though but I've read Pest Threats melts him. Elden Stars is the only spell I have a hard time evading, but there is also a crystal tear that heals you I think. The rest? Its pretty much nothing after Farum Azula and Haligtree.
I spent maybe an hour and a half on the final bosses last night and went from getting wrecked by Radagon most times to now beating him every time and now getting close to beating the Beast. Couldn't have done it without Bloodhound Step, though.

Finished it tonight. My first Souls game, though I tried Demon's Souls and couldn't stand the trial and error + excessively punishing gameplay (glad it evolved from that bad design). Played King's Field 2 & 3 back in the PS1 days as well. ER is the best RPG I've ever played and one of my favorite games ever, but there's a lot of opportunity for improvements.

The good:

- It felt like an epic journey. The amount of content they created is mind blowing. If they released this game with half the content it'd already feel epic. They've set the bar so high now that every RPG will feel like an indie game for me.
- Gameplay is phenomenal. Lots of variety inside the same build, allowing different play styles.
- Challenging but almost never felt unfair (had problems only with the gargoyle twins, but there was coop for that).
- Art style is incredible. So much effort in every little detail from armors and weapons to the scenarios.
- The foundation of the Souls series is brilliant. Hint system, skills, weapons, shields, magic... everything works and feels balanced most of the time.

The bad:

- The difficulty curve could be optimized. The first main boss, Margit, the most challenging for me, not only because your character is still too weak at that moment but most new players are still getting used to the game. It wouldn't hurt if they created a longer tutorial for beginners or maybe an optional quest to get them used to all the mechanics and systems.
- Finished it at lvl 161 and my mostly pure faith build was so OP (thanks, Blasphemous Blade!) that I defeated almost every late boss on the first or second try. Last bosses were all first try.
- The game is designed for veterans. It took me a long time to understand some basic concepts like weapon scaling, equip load and l/m/h rolls, etc.
- Way too much mystery and secrets for everything. Though I appreciate the old school way of reading FAQs and discussing secrets, I feel that this aspect was exaggerated. Even when paying maximum attention to a quest line, it was impossible to complete it without researching online.
- Technically it's a mixed bag. Effects look awesome and in some aspects the art is so good that the game looks beautiful, but there're lots of PS3 or early PS4 gen assets everywhere.

The ugly:

- The story and lore is absolute garbage, imo. So confusing, so much nonsense and way too nerdy for me. Even the character names are confusing to remember... Melina & Malenia. Margit, Mohg, Morgott... wtf! I ignored it completely after some time and still don't care to read an explanation.

Fake

Gold Member
The difficulty curve could be optimized. The first main boss, Margit, the most challenging for me, not only because your character is still too weak at that moment but most new players are still getting used to the game. It wouldn't hurt if they created a longer tutorial for beginners or maybe an optional quest to get them used to all the mechanics and systems.

Are you serious?

When I started out on this dual wielding blood build I didn't think I'd get very far. I'm closer to 60 than 50 and reflexes are something I vaguely remember having in the distant past. I usually use the biggest shield possible. Anyway it's been a blast and I just finished off new game plus taking out the final boss on my 1st try. The build also makes malenia almost easy. Even for me. The 1st time I beat that bitch I swore I wouldn't even try her again! Nothing like 2 +10 rivers of blood to melt her though.

pure_savagery

Neo Member
I don't get Keen scaling.

For example, I have a Zweihander+25 with Earthshaker. I have STR 31 and DEX 48. On Keen, which has E/B, I get 650 damage. On Quality, which is B/B, I get 600. Now, Keen scales more with Dex apparently. But why doesn't it simply change Dex to S then?
For some reason Elden Ring doesn’t have many S scaling weapons in general

And the plat is mine. Final final boss was easy once you have the right set up ( holy defence all day), and spamming maliketh black blade incantation.
I can finally go back to horizon!

SkylineRKR

For some reason Elden Ring doesn’t have many S scaling weapons in general

Its weird. I feel its out of whack. For example, the Dragon Greatclaw has only D/D scaling. Its a huge ass, heavy weapon I use because my PC is cosplaying as a malformed tree sentinel. But its damage is rather pathetic, according to fextralife the lowest AR of all colossal weapons. And its a special weapon so you can't infuse it either. Not to mention Endure is a very basic, albeit good, ashen skill you can't replace. A shame because it looks awesome.

This should have B. perhaps A. on STR at max upgrade. Or buffable like the Bloodhound Fang.

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
I think I am about to go against the final boss, can you get all the ending in one play through or do I have to go to NG+? I'm on Xbox.
Yes, but its somewhat of a pain. Once you defeat the final boss and have access to all endings, you need to go Offline, watch the ending, the ending achievements will NOT pop while you're offline. After that, go to settings and delete the local save from the console only. Go back online, start the game, game should cloud download the pre-ending save, previous ending achievement should pop. Rinse and repeat. It works fine. Thats how I did it.

Top Bottom