• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you want from the Elden Ring successor?

bender

What time is it?
  • I hope they work on balancing in general. Towards the end of the base game and throughout the DLC, the act of spending runes to improve your character mostly felt fruitless which is why they slapped on Scadutree Fragments and Revered Spirit Ashes for Shadow of the Erdtree.
  • It's a matter of preference but I'm getting a tad fatigued by the boss design choices From is making to increase difficulty being a matter of longer combo chains and shorter windows of opportunity to deal damage or heal.
  • Combining the two above, it feels like there is a correct build or two for most boss encounters and other builds are far less viable. That's fine in a traditional action game but when you are actually building a character, it can feel like your build preferences are being left out in the cold.
  • Ditch the scarabs that refill your potions and introduce the rally/recovery system from Lies of P.
  • Make armor feel important again. A good starting point would be bringing back armor upgrades from Dark Souls.
  • Bring back the excitement of opening a chest or getting to a get fallen body by improving what loot is picked up.
  • Less is more:
  • Less repetition of bosses/mini-bosses
    • Less side dungeons that feel as procedurally generated as chalice dungeons from Bloodborne. I'd take far, far less hand crafted dungeons that felt unique than slogging through forty side dungeons with 2-3 aesthetics that felt like they were machine generated and then tweaked a bit by a human hand.
    • Less repetition of talismans. Do we really need +3/+4 of the same item in a single run of any game.
    • The stage coach robbery in the base game was a great moment, repeating it an additional 2-3 times far less so. The Furnace Golem in the DLC is another example of this but made all the worse as there are eight of them in the game. It's okay to make your content feel special.
  • With less is more, you may be worried about content density but I'd counter that it's okay to let your open world breath and if you are still concerned, make your world smaller.
  • Introduce weapon/armor/item loadouts

Last edited:
Top Bottom