• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What do you want from the Elden Ring successor?

Coconutt

More Bloodborne, surely the more Elden Ring 2 is like Bloodborne the better it will do, heck copy and paste the combat system and trick weapons and just paste it onto Elden Ring 1.
Quote I Am Serious GIF by Top 100 Movie Quotes of All Time

Ulysses 31

Less copy pasta even if it means a smaller world.
Camera that zooms out when fighting big creatures.
Ability to store gear loadout and switch between them while out of combat.
Non silent protag. Show some personality when NPCs talk to you or bosses introduce themselves.
Ability to downlevel (excess levels can be stored)
Better PVE co-op(you can continue after beating a boss)

Better writing to make me care about NPCs turning mad/evil or dying(They pulled it off with an NPC in Bloodborne so I know they can do it) .

Switch up the "base that falls into ruin by the end" formula for once.

Last edited:
I'm really burnt out on the formula overall but the one thing kept popping in my head was that I wish there were more "puzzle" elements to break up the monotonous flow of combat, combat, combat. It wasn't an issue in previous games but somehow ER made me wish for it.

I mean trickier traversal elements to figure out, more unique keys and contraptions to advance and so forth. Some elements further into the Zelda territory without going full Zelda gimmick or anything.

Paltheos

1) Don't be stupid and assign the roll and run commands to the same button. The roll delay is palpable until you patch it out yourself. There are already commands on more than one button.
2) Slash the damage from some (many) enemies. I should not be heavily investing in vigor and still get near one-shot by so much.
3) Fewer, dumb AOE attacks right next to bosses.
4) Multiple equipment loadouts and/or counting only gear currently in use towards equip load.
5) Less repetition in design. The DLC already vastly improved here over the base game.
6) Bloodborne 2 Trick weapons would be a cool addition. I'd be ok with less stuff overall but an overwhelming array of options is the appeal for a lot.
7) Less stringent upgrade systems. I shouldn't feel disincentivized to play around.

That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

S0ULZB0URNE

Even bigger land/s.
Less repeated enemies.
More Metroidvania like traversal.
Steeds allowed in multiplayer.
Loadouts.
More real time weather.
Transmoging/color adjustments for gear/armor.

StueyDuck

I'm playing Elden Ring again, and boy do I have thoughts. My thoughts are not important though. What do fans of Elden Ring want out of the Elden Ring successor? Anything you want to be improved, or added specifically?

elden-ring-2_mGZBDYj.jpg
Make seamless co-op a thing.

The mod took that game up to one of my all time favorite games. Playing it with mates is a no brainer. From soft needa get over their stupid convoluted systems for co-op play

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
Make seamless co-op a thing.

The mod took that game up to one of my all time favorite games. Playing it with mates is a no brainer. From soft needa get over their stupid convoluted systems for co-op play
Let's go one step further...

Elden Ring 2 forces co op play. All map design, combat encounters, puzzles etc are based around two players.

Adding another vote for King's Field but with a stronger narration beyond what they typically do. I'd also love for them to have the balls to add sliders to adjust elements of the game to a person's own liking. If people truly love these games and not just the mythos of difficulty it shouldn't make one bit of difference. Hell, with sliders you could still make it even more difficult.

Also make a no summons mode so us anti-social players can make fun of the git gud crowd that still uses them as a crutch while talking down to others. This last bit may or may not be serious. Or both!

Moochi

New setting. Get rid of the attribute system completely and instead implement a more meaningful and unique way to customize how your character plays. I dont know if that would be a talent tree or some method of skill selection load outs. I prefer the Sekiro style of leveling system.

*Nightwing

Banned
A physical collector’s edition with a limited edition cock ring for us elden folk that have trouble naturally keeping it up rock hard while playing as you should

Last edited:

Agent_4Seven

Tears of Nintendo
Fuck open world and every other issue I have with the first game will be eliminated in an instant. That's all.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
An Elden Ring successor is among my least wanted things in gaming. But in a positive twist, if they just do more of the same, I can save the money for something more interesting, so I hope it will be just like ER and its DLC.

Fess

Shrink the open mid-late game areas that don’t have much content. Or add content.

Zoom out the camera on big bosses.

Manual save so you can try quest things without having to replay 100 hours to do it in a different way.

Quest log.

Achievements on all endings.

I'm blown away that FromSoftware was able to develop and release the SotE expansion within 2 years. And that's not even accounting for the resources that went into AC VI during that timeframe. Personal issues aside concerning the lore and lack of polish in some areas, this is a tremendous amount of content to produce.

Personally, I think the expansion is just around the right size of game I'd like for them to make moving forward. They're not stuck in development for half a decade and while delivering a satisfying open world experience that doesn't take 100+ hours to clear. Not everything needs to be open world, but I think this is right amount of scope for future projects.

Open worlds aside, I'd really like for them to commit to something like Sekiro with the focus on narrative, tight level design, and even tighter combat design. I still believe this is the best sword combat that the studio has ever implemented, and using the Deflect Hardtear found in the SotE expansion has me doubling down on this.

Raven117

To not have one.

(No, seriously...name a sequel From has done - since Demon's Souls - where the sequel has been better than the original?)

Just let them do something new. Its when they are at their best.

I want it to not be Elden Ring. The base game was good, but never impressed with its boss designs, environmental story telling, or world structure. I would like a sequel to make horse combat the default for engagements and the world to be more narrrow and branched instead of vertical and wide with worthless mini-dungeons.
To not have one.

(No, seriously...name a sequel From has done - since Demon's Souls - where the sequel has been better than the original?)

Just let them do something new. Its when they are at their best.
Dark Souls 2 is better than original in most regards with the exception of overworld design.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
I would want an Elden the takes the good things from Bloodborne. I want speed. I want the transforming weapons back. I want NO BELL MAIDEN. I want the innate danger of having to fight through an area with the constant threat of invasion. Elden Ring and Bloodborne has lost that sense of danger.

Also, make magic good for a bloodborne-esque game. No chalice dungeons. Elden RIng side dungeons are fine...but that whole password protected system was dumb. Locking variations of weapons behinf these dungeons was also dumb.

I would also like to see a rework of consumables. There's just too many in elden ring. So much so that I tend to ignore it altogether. I'd rather fight Radahn with my reflexes and spells alone. All this perfume and heavy leaning into...pot magic? No come on. Stop it.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
“Flies in thread”

easy mode

“shits all over the place and flies away”

gow3isben

Sekiro style blocking not limited to a tear

More compact and less filler in terms of weapons, items, dungeons, and exploration

More meaningful rewards for exploration

S0ULZB0URNE

This would be my #1. I love From games, but the engine is... meh. I like the art style of Elden Ring, Bloodborne, Souls games, etc. but the visual fidelity has always sucked.
Well that starts with leaving previous gen consoles and older PC hardware behind.

Depending how soon it releases would tell the likelihood of this.

Top Bottom