• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Strength / faith build.
You'll be surprised at the amount of damage heavy infused weapons do if you've been going dex / int.
If you go with a colossal weapon 2 handed or some heavy class weapon, you'll never go back to using a shitty katana as you button mash away attacking a mob that isn't even flinching from the hits.
What's the weapons you like for that

Portugeezer

So many cool weapons, but I don't want to use them because I don't have enough materials to upgrade them to compete with my current weapon. Really annoying.

if you're talking about the gaol in ordina you can buy a torch from a merchant in leyndell (i think it's a hermit) which when equipped makes them visible.

the only things i've not done are some hero graves and maybe 1 or 2 catacombs. they aren't going to give me enough runes to level up much more. i've done mohgwyn and haligtree. if i hadn't died so many times i could probably be a few levels higher but i'm not sure it'd make much difference. these last few areas just throw enemies at you.
Plus you start to hit a soft level cap in which you see diminishing returns.

Last edited:
jyZ97ZX.jpg

BIG DICK TIME

SJRB

Gold Member

Crazy long patch list.

• Increased Colossal Swords/Colossal weapons attack speed and lowered their recovery time. Jump attack not included.
  • Increased the two-handed attack damage of Colossal Swords/Colossal Weapons. Jump attack not included.

Awesome! Stopped using the ultra greatsword because it was sooooo slow.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
"*Players will need to perform any of the following actions for the changes to be reflected. This is required only once. New characters created after this update will not require this action"

I dont understand, can somebody explain to me lol

Bartski

Gold Member

Crazy long patch list.
HUGE. No time to go through it all now but I noticed
  • Fixed a bug that allowed unauthorized items to be passed to other players.
not sure why this isn't highlighted as it sounds like malicious soft banning fix.

Also, goodbye Carian Retaliation exploit as it doesn't scale to shield upgrades anymore

Mr Moose

Downward adjustments

Swarm of Flies - Decreased blood loss buildup on enemy.
boo-boo-this-man.gif

"*Players will need to perform any of the following actions for the changes to be reflected. This is required only once. New characters created after this update will not require this action"

For the adjustments to start working you need to do one of the things listed.
  • Level up
  • Activate Godrick’s Great Rune
  • Re-equipping any equipment (armor, talisman) which grants bonus stat to either Strength, Dexterity, Vigor, Endurance, Intelligence, Faith or Arcane
The last one is quickest/easiest.

Last edited:

SJRB

Gold Member

They increased FP and Stamina growth at lower levels, meaning if you level up at certain lower levels you get a little bit more. This is okay for new players, but for current players to get the additional FP and Stamina you are "owed" you have to either:

• Level up
  • Activate Godrick’s Great Rune
  • Re-equipping any equipment (armor, talisman) which grants bonus stat to either Strength, Dexterity, Vigor, Endurance, Intelligence, Faith or Arcane
to balance it out.

Basically just level up once after the patch and you get a bit more FP and stamina.

Last edited:

Crownttano

Carian Grandeur - Increased cast speed and decreased recovery time. Increased the damage when charge and made it easier to cause enemies to flinch.

Whaaat?! I was just messing around with this again
😳

Level 18
+18 Misericorde
22 Intelligence
(used +5 INT helm/talisman to cast Greatblade Phalanx then removed)

+24 dagger

SSfox

Interesting update, wonder how it will effect my main build with Dual Colossal Swords

EDIT: So it got buff it seems, so glad i stayed true to what i wanted to play, even tho it was quite hard at some point when using Colossal Sword VS some bosses, but actually switching to Dual Colossal Swords really help quite a bit, specially since i was barely using my Shield.

Last edited:

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
Started up a Wretch run.
Had enough after 10 minutes.

I’m done with ER, and I’m actually pretty happy about it.
To think, back when Dark Souls was new, I kept playing it for a few months straight and never felt I‘d had enough…

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
Any tips for defeating Placidusax Dragon Lord? i am stuck.
Fire and lightning talismans. Learn to dodge his lightning when you’re up close. It’s tempting to go for the head, but stay at its legs/tail. You’ll see lightning start to form, so move out of that shadow. His teleport typically has him flying at you in order to swipe. If you can damage him significantly, try to kill him before he does his multiple beam attack. That’s just something you’ll have to dodge. His breath isn’t as bad as those beams. Just make sure you heal if you get hit by them because they’ll take large portions of life away.

Last edited:
Short version. Less health, more melee focused AI, rarely uses his good attacks. Long version....oh boy.
Just beat it on my hulk run. 1st time was as you say but I managed to get killed by the bloody thing just before landing the final blow. 2nd and 3rd tries the bastard unloaded it's full bag of tricks. Couldn't even string 2 hits together before it teleported away and started the bs again. 4th try it didn't even fly let alone teleport. So I Just nuked it. I think they may have broken it rather than nerfed it.

Top Bottom