• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Frankly he’s not THAT bad. I can easily get him to half health

Wish I had more flasks
Also wish I had some gold pine resin equivalent
greases are the equivalent. you'll need to find some lightning grease.

you can find a few golden seeds to upgrade your flask or visit churches to get tears which increase how much a charge replenishes.

you should also unlock spirit summons. go back to the the church past the tree sentinel and pass time to night. there should be someone waiting for you...if not go to roundtable hold and buy the summoning bell from the merchant (i think they also sell the wolves spirit which is very good!). you will also need to talk to roderika at stormhill. she'll give you a summon which is helpful against margit but to get her to appear at roundtable you'll need to either defeat margit or sneak around the castle and rest at the cliff facing site of grace. once she is there you can upgrade your spirits. to get spirits you'll need to buy them or find them.

Maddux4164

Banned
greases are the equivalent. you'll need to find some lightning grease.

you can find a few golden seeds to upgrade your flask or visit churches to get tears which increase how much a charge replenishes.

you should also unlock spirit summons. go back to the the church past the tree sentinel and pass time to night. there should be someone waiting for you...if not go to roundtable hold and buy the summoning bell from the merchant (i think they also sell the wolves spirit which is very good!). you will also need to talk to roderika at stormhill. she'll give you a summon which is helpful against margit but to get her to appear at roundtable you'll need to either defeat margit or sneak around the castle and rest at the cliff facing site of grace. once she is there you can upgrade your spirits. to get spirits you'll need to buy them or find them.
This sounds bigly uselful. Now I took the seed as my gift or whatever and did that

But you’re telling me to goto a church? There’s cool shit waiting for me?

This sounds bigly uselful. Now I took the seed as my gift or whatever and did that

But you’re telling me to goto a church? There’s cool shit waiting for me?
the church with santa but another npc should appear. they didn't appear for me so i had to go to the roundtable merchant.

edit: if you haven't got horse yet she won't appear.

Last edited by a moderator:

Maddux4164

Banned
alright. I’m at Church. Not Sunday
l9gLm8F.jpg

DelireMan7

You said it was when I first came into open world. Where is it?
The Church of Ellen I think. The site of grace (bonfire) just after the first one, behind the knight on horse.

The world is gigantic, take your time do to not rush too much, you can easily miss some important features if you rush. Ash of war (weapons art) is a good example. It's not extremely hidden but you need a little exploration to find it. If you haven't an option "Ash of war" when resting at your bonfire, explore the ruins near the Gatefront site of grace.

EDIT : I can't play now so can't help you. But really take a bit of time to explore, level up, find weapons, ash of war.... The games can make you feel some stuff are mandatory, but really not much is. So take the time to explore and enjoy this world

Last edited:

Maddux4164

Banned
The Church of Ellen I think. The site of grace (bonfire) just after the first one, behind the knight on horse.

The world is gigantic, take your time do to not rush too much, you can easily miss some important features if you rush. Ash of war (weapons art) is a good example. It's not extremely hidden but you need a little exploration to find it. If you haven't an option "Ash of war" when resting at your bonfire, explore the ruins near the Gatefront site of grace.

EDIT : I can't play now so can't help you. But really take a bit of time to explore, level up, find weapons, ash of war.... The games can make you feel some stuff are mandatory, but really not much is. So take the time to explore and enjoy this world
Thanks friend. Bedtime. Report later 😴

DelireMan7

I did 2 hours of invasion yesterday. My build is not made for that but I enjoyed it. But the spawning is sometimes really awkward and annoying. In the open world it's usually fine but in dungeon it's really weird.
Like sometimes I spawned at the very beginning of it and 2 sec after "Host has enter boss room"... So why put me at the very beginning if the host is in the last part ? And sometimes it was the other way, I spawned at the end of it and host is at the very beginning so I have to traverse everything.

You're always end up in 1v2/3 situation but it's funny how people are not taking any risk. In addition, they very often had endgame gear (like the weapons of the final boss, despite me being RL 35...), remove 90% of my HP in one hit and me doing very little damage to them. But they always try to bait me into place where there is no enemies and try to "pince" for backstab.

BUT in my book, invasion is a game of patience and I am VERY VERY patient. Also as an invader, I am here to make you life difficult and every dirty trick is allowed. Don't expect me fight clean and running into a 1v2 situation. I always hide, back into enemies and wait till the host and their cooperators decide to come to me. Because the host has to advance to complete the dungeons... so it's always their loss if they decide to play the waiting game.

It's usually not my style but in Soulsgame , when it comes to invasion, I am a bit sadistic. Win or loss, it doesn't matter if I annoyed (by hiding, slowly reducing their HP, taunting them with various emote and others stuff to bait them out...) them long enough it's a win for me. Especially if they use "OP" build xD

It's a bit more complicated in the open world but I had some good session also. One host and his coop, didn't want to take any risk and always tried to backstab when I was fighting the other. So I run and they chase me for quite a bit till we came across an land octopus (in Liurnia). Then the waiting game started. For something like 15/20 min, we tried to bait each other out. Finally I decided to take some risk to bait them into my Octopus friend. I was low life so the coop thought he could kill me. I run into my friend and we took could care of him. The host followed just after, probably because he thought I will not survive (I was one hit away from death).

So yes, invasion is a bit love/hate but in the end I somehow always enjoy it. Just the spawning is sometimes annoying.

EDIT : I am doing a INT/DEX build, "Swordsman with magic" kind. I love the Magic Glintblade spell. It's the first from the Prisoner class. You create a magic sigil in the air and something like 4 sec later a magic sword fly to the target (chosen at the time of casting). The cool part is that you can use a charged version which increase a lot the delay. It's nice to mixup opponents, mess up their roll timing and keep them under pressure while you run at them. I don't get tired of seeing them panic roll till the projectile goes out.

Last edited:

SkylineRKR

With Raptor of the Mists ash the chariots become a minor inconvenience. The fun is to find the hidden areas with more loots.

Yeah I think they're great. Esp if you have something like bloodhound step. You can sequence break Gelmir kind of by quick stepping through the lava (with fire protection) and go to the boss door straight away.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
You try and explain where that spot is without drawing it on a map or use screenshots.

Thank you

I heard its east of Liurnia and only have the divine bridge grace there. Meh it's all.good

Last edited:

DR3AM

Dreams of a world where inflated review scores save studios
How much longer do I have? I just beat the Godskin Duo

i can't stop thinking about the game and want to play it again but i can't bring myself to put another 100+ hours into it. is there a guide that shows strictly mandatory/essential routes? i don't necessarily want to speed run it but if i could get through it in ~40 hours i'd be up for that.

22:22:22

NO PAIN TRANCE CONTINUE
i can't stop thinking about the game and want to play it again but i can't bring myself to put another 100+ hours into it. is there a guide that shows strictly mandatory/essential routes? i don't necessarily want to speed run it but if i could get through it in ~40 hours i'd be up for that.

DS2SOTFS or Bloodborne for me. Probably DS2. Get anxiety from my industrial PS4

DelireMan7

I don't know for a guide but basically you just need to get 2 greatrunes of your choice then go to Leyndell and follow the story.

I started another playthrough and decided for my subsequent runs to focus on some specific lore.
On this one I focus on Ranni (looks like I miss big part of Blaidd's quest at the beginning). So I do everything for this quest then I'll go for the end. I might includes Millicent's quest but I could keep it for another run.

The "annoying" part is that it's impossible to remember where all ash of war, sorcery (I do an INT build) I want are (due to the amount of content) so I use the wiki to get them.

Last edited:

V4skunk

Banned
I did 2 hours of invasion yesterday. My build is not made for that but I enjoyed it. But the spawning is sometimes really awkward and annoying. In the open world it's usually fine but in dungeon it's really weird.
Like sometimes I spawned at the very beginning of it and 2 sec after "Host has enter boss room"... So why put me at the very beginning if the host is in the last part ? And sometimes it was the other way, I spawned at the end of it and host is at the very beginning so I have to traverse everything.

You're always end up in 1v2/3 situation but it's funny how people are not taking any risk. In addition, they very often had endgame gear (like the weapons of the final boss, despite me being RL 35...), remove 90% of my HP in one hit and me doing very little damage to them. But they always try to bait me into place where there is no enemies and try to "pince" for backstab.

BUT in my book, invasion is a game of patience and I am VERY VERY patient. Also as an invader, I am here to make you life difficult and every dirty trick is allowed. Don't expect me fight clean and running into a 1v2 situation. I always hide, back into enemies and wait till the host and their cooperators decide to come to me. Because the host has to advance to complete the dungeons... so it's always their loss if they decide to play the waiting game.

It's usually not my style but in Soulsgame , when it comes to invasion, I am a bit sadistic. Win or loss, it doesn't matter if I annoyed (by hiding, slowly reducing their HP, taunting them with various emote and others stuff to bait them out...) them long enough it's a win for me. Especially if they use "OP" build xD

It's a bit more complicated in the open world but I had some good session also. One host and his coop, didn't want to take any risk and always tried to backstab when I was fighting the other. So I run and they chase me for quite a bit till we came across an land octopus (in Liurnia). Then the waiting game started. For something like 15/20 min, we tried to bait each other out. Finally I decided to take some risk to bait them into my Octopus friend. I was low life so the coop thought he could kill me. I run into my friend and we took could care of him. The host followed just after, probably because he thought I will not survive (I was one hit away from death).

So yes, invasion is a bit love/hate but in the end I somehow always enjoy it. Just the spawning is sometimes annoying.

EDIT : I am doing a INT/DEX build, "Swordsman with magic" kind. I love the Magic Glintblade spell. It's the first from the Prisoner class. You create a magic sigil in the air and something like 4 sec later a magic sword fly to the target (chosen at the time of casting). The cool part is that you can use a charged version which increase a lot the delay. It's nice to mixup opponents, mess up their roll timing and keep them under pressure while you run at them. I don't get tired of seeing them panic roll till the projectile goes out.
If a host summoned you in a dungeon and they are already at the boss it means they just ran there right after touching your sign.

Trying to Understand this game do all ash of war moves make your weapons weaker,I have a sword that has an attack of 176 and when I look at ash of war for it there’s a lot of red on the weapons stats.

Top Bottom