• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Stormveil castle boss spoilers:
So I just beat Godrick, but somehow I canceled him going into the second phase at all, I think he got hit in mid-air by my spirit jellyfish, but then the arm-chop animation couldn't play cause he was airborne?
The fight just continued until he died and the only difference was that he got the fire wind attack, and the triple ground stomp, nothing else, it was like he went into phase "1.5" instead of phase "2"; the dragon also still has his head.

Dunno if I triggered an actual mechanic, or it being a glitch.

SenkiDala

Sorry I dunno where to post this and it is not the only game giving me this problem but... I bought the PS4 version of the game to save 10€ and upgraded it to get the PS5 version, on my PS5 I installed (and only want) the PS5 version, I do not want to download or install the PS4 version, but EVERY time I boot the console it starts to auto install the PS4 disc and I need to go to the dashboard to abort this process... Is there a way to prevent this ? It's really annoying.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I am glad I bought the digital edition so that I could play this weekend. GameStop sent me this email. At first it felt great because they said it shipped, then I looked closer.

44-B1-F4-DA-3-D6-E-4-CDF-BEB1-0542-F8-C88-E53.jpg

Can someone please help with something? I finally got the Bloodborne quickstep Ash of War, equipped it on my sword but I'm still rolling. How do I activate it?

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Waaaay too many unmarked spoilers in this thread, everything should be considered a spoiler if you're talking specifics.

I've cleared the southern peninsula. Solo'd every boss I've found and helped others in jolly co-operation. My Confessors Faith in the Ring is strong and my exploration of the peninsula has made him even stronger, oh the sights I've seen!

I tried it, i keep getting ripped a new asshole
lol they were getting me at first.

Sneak up on em, stab em in the back. Then rush them, on the 5th or 6th hit right before you run out of stamina at lower levels(melee builds atleast) you'll stagged them again, back stab them and finish it off.

Or do the backstab, let off a summon, and pot shot em while your summon does the work.

Madflavor

Gold Member
There are so many new players hating on the game or quitting, and it's been hilarious to watch. There's always an adjustment period for FromSoftware games. I remember with BB people had to get used to parrying and dodgie, and with Sekiro that had to get used to deflecting. But with this game you got two things going on. First is it's one of the harder FromSoftware games out there. Second it's Open World elements make it very overwhelming for some people.

So a lot of new players are going in, getting there shit pushed it, not know what to do or where to go, and they quit and say the game is mediocre.

ssringo

Yeah, wiki says that's her first spawn too. I'm wondering if she has a few "first spawn" points and if you find her at another one she stays there.
Returning to this just to close my issue out. She does end up spawning at the grace she's supposed to but she wasn't for me for whatever reason (yes, I scoured the area repeatedly. Anyways, while I was running around exploring I happened to run up on her. Maybe it was time of day related or something.

I thought I ran into her earlier but I must've been confusing her for another NPC.

Punished Miku

Human Rights Subscription Service
There are so many new players hating on the game or quitting, and it's been hilarious to watch. There's always an adjustment period for FromSoftware games. I remember with BB people had to get used to parrying and dodgie, and with Sekiro that had to get used to deflecting. But with this game you got two things going on. First is it's one of the harder FromSoftware games out there. Second it's Open World elements make it very overwhelming for some people.

So a lot of new players are going in, getting there shit pushed it, not know what to do or where to go, and they quit and say the game is mediocre.
The gameplay has some severe issues. Its not nearly as smooth as Sekiro.

First page of this OT is not loading right for me, with all the content. Is there a multiplayer group code we are using so I can play with you guys/see your messages?

Madflavor

Gold Member

It doesn't have severe issues, quit exaggerating. It's mostly fine for what this game is supposed to be. They had one, and only one playstyle to refine in Sekiro, whereas they have TONS of different weapons and playstyles in Elden Ring. Of course Sekrio's combat is going to be smoother.

Punished Miku

It doesn't have severe issues, quit exaggerating. It's mostly fine for what this game is supposed to be. They had one, and only one playstyle to refine in Sekiro, whereas they have TONS of different weapons and playstyles in Elden Ring. Of course Sekrio's combat is going to be smoother.
Im not talking about just the framerate. Its acceptable as an rpg, but as an action game its definitely got severe gameplay problems.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Worked 32 hours in two days so I'm late to the party, but I took the time to load everything and experience the OT with the music. Nicely done Black Chamber Black Chamber - your CP2077 OT was phenomenal but this one makes that look like finger painting.

We got banned on the same day on re so it's always nice to see you working on this side of the fence purely for the schadenfreude.

Thanks for that crazy amount of time and effort.

Now, to boot Elden Ring for the first time.

Aesius

Somehow ended up at a castle at the very northern edge of the map but died before I could make it to the boss. Haven't even beaten Margit yet. At this point I'm one Smithing Stone away from having a +10 Longsword. Hopefully that will make quick work of him.

I also beat two bosses in that northern area pretty easily, despite assuming they would easily kill me.

I get out of the tutorial cave... Within 5 secs I am rekted by some rando on horseback. From game are really not for me.

PS: Amazing OT Black Chamber Black Chamber
🙏🏻Thank you Komatsu!!🤘🏻💯
Worked 32 hours in two days so I'm late to the party, but I took the time to load everything and experience the OT with the music. Nicely done Black Chamber Black Chamber - your CP2077 OT was phenomenal but this one makes that look like finger painting.

We got banned on the same day on re so it's always nice to see you working on this side of the fence purely for the schadenfreude.

Thanks for that crazy amount of time and effort.

Now, to boot Elden Ring for the first time.
Thank you!🙏🏻

I hope the soundtrack I curated really added to your experience!

It's Era's loss that they brandished me a brigand💯💯

Punished Miku

And sorry but the invasions suck ass at this point. Been invaded 3x by people with giant heavy weapons, clearly far above my level. They don't even play well. I think I end up hitting them and dodging everything for literally 3 min then they hit me once and I'm dead and I lose like 5k runes right after a boss. They're not outplaying me.

How do I turn off invasions? I set it to offline in settings and its still happening.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
And sorry but the invasions suck ass at this point. Been invaded 3x by people with giant heavy weapons, clearly far above my level. They don't even play well. I think I end up hitting them and dodging everything for literally 3 min then they hit me once and I'm dead and I lose like 5k runes right after a boss. They're not outplaying me.

How do I turn off invasions? I set it to offline in settings and its still happening.
You have to manually accept a player invasion. All others are scripted.

DavidGzz

Gold Member

Sekiro is an action game not an RPG. ER should be compared to Skyrim, Elex, Dragon's Dogma, etc. Dogma is the only one that compares.

Sekiro is great but should be compared to Ninja Gaiden God of War, and Devil May Cry. You know, games with minimal weapons and little to no customization.

Last edited:

Punished Miku

Sekiro is an action game not an RPG. ER should be compared to Skyrim, Elex, Dragon's Dogma, etc. Dogma is the only one that compares.

Sekiro is great but should be compared to Ninja Gaiden God of War, and Devil May Cry. You know, games with minimal weapons and little to no customization.
I think that's fair. But I still am torn on it. Theres just wonky enemy shit going on thats not particularly great no matter the genre. Enemies doing a large windup that literally get flanked and have so much homing on their attacks they do animationless 180s and other annoying features of the rpg stat boosts they get making poise break stupidly easy for some enemies. Or the horrible base dodge in this game that hasn't improved at all.

Im still liking it because its fun to explore and fight sometimes. But the gameplay feels a bit dated to me. It really does. Compared to rpgs only, sure it is still light years better than Skyrim or something.

The game has a lot going for it but the gsmeplay should have improved more than this since DS3.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
OMG the teleportation trap I got into got me into (late game map spoiler)

the fucking capital!!! With the dead dragon from the trailer, right next to the gigantic erd tree 😳

I have not even left Limgrave yet, got 2 shot by the guy there. Nope’d out.

Damn this game sounds amazing. Does this play well on a ps4 pro ? Kinda wouldn't mind playing on Xbox one if there isn't a huge difference.

I'm still chipping away at Diablo 2 but wouldn't mind a change up game.

Top Bottom