• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Alpha Male

The ELDEN RING ad from Thailand is...interesting:

x938trj.gif

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Crumbling azula… fuck this fucking place. I was having fun for past 50 hours. Now what is this shit supposed to be? 10/10 my ass…. Like wtf. Who is supposed to enjoy this.
Mimic tear or wolfes die constanly, runup to the boss is short but terrible, no summon signs to cheese :(

Last edited:

GymWolf

Gold Member
Ok horse fighting make some bosses kinda trivial, tree sentinel and lake dragon out in a couple of tries, do people tried to beat these bosses without discovering the horse first?

BbMajor7th

As a Souls fan boy, I don't know how much I love this. Just thrown myself at Godrick about 30 times to no avail. Cool design but the animations are ballache to read and playing dodge-the-AOE-spam is about as much fun as nailing diahorrea to the ceiling.

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
As a Souls fan boy, I don't know how much I love this. Just thrown myself at Godrick about 30 times to no avail. Cool design but the animations are ballache to read and playing dodge-the-AOE-spam is about as much fun as nailing diahorrea to the ceiling.
aoe spam attacks is the name of the game.
It's bloodborne dlc and ringed city combined in a dildo.
TBH Godrick wasn't that bad... but the game only gets faster and enemies hit harder. It was always pretty annoying how they hit you for 50% of health and you hit them for 5% :p

But no !!! You see all these fools saying the game is too easy...

Last edited:
does endurance have diminishing returns? or is the stamina gain always the same?

thinking of cranking up my stamina quite a bit because power stancing dual weapons really, really drains your stamina

Ok horse fighting make some bosses kinda trivial, tree sentinel and lake dragon out in a couple of tries, do people tried to beat these bosses without discovering the horse first?
without getting into spoilers, some bosses have attacks that are literally impossible to dodge while on the horse

one of them could 1 hit KO me

I thought I was crazy so I did research, and according to the internet some attacks are literally impossible to dodge on your horse

hiding behind objects doesn't work too. the attack comes down directly from the sky and will hit you regardless of where you are.

Last edited:
does endurance have diminishing returns? or is the stamina gain always the same?

thinking of cranking up my stamina quite a bit because power stancing dual weapons really, really drains your stamina
Endurance = 25/50/60
"Attribute governing stamina. Endurance determines how heavy your equipment can be.
Also affects robustness - Your resistance to blood loss and frostbite."

Stamina hard stops at 50, Equip Load has two stopping points at 25 and 60, and if you care about it - Robustness has a hard decrease at 40
Recommendation: If you primarily cast, leave this at 25, otherwise take it to at least 50

Drunkdadbr

Banned

Can someone with a higher intelligence explain to me why the f* my holy sword can finish the first skelly like this and not these two?

ssringo

Gold Member
45 hours and I'm restarting and running faith. Full strength just isn't doing it for me like it used to. I keep seeing all these neat toys for faith, int and even dex while I'm still putzing around with basically the same shit I was wearing 30+ hours ago. Okay, that's a (small) lie. I did find one new set of armor that wasn't a sizeable downgrade and was a neat change at around hour 40. Plus I just can't get parrying down in this game. Sometimes it's not big deal getting them but (most) other times I just flub around doing partials while my resources whittle away. I know how it works (parry the hand, not the weapon) I just can't. Might be reflexes slowing down. Dunno.

Yeah, I could respec but I'd rather just start fresh with the knowledge I gained.

Ogbert

Gold Member
I’ve beaten him on three separate characters now. There is a *lot* of differences between builds. Took me about ten attempts on Samurai. One shot him with an astrologer. However, he was a brick wall for my confessor. Took about two hours.

I find it really difficult to judge the dodge when he sends out the two gusts of wind.

Tg89

Man this game just keeps getting bigger.

Finally beat Radahn's bitchass. Got access to a whole new area which I clear and then unlocks another new area.

Majukun

i was gonna point to stormveil castle, but then realised that

you can just skip the caste by going around it

I guess i still will to complete it, but in the meanwhile, i'm exploring elsewhere

Unmmm, found the bell bearing for the basic smithing stones, gave it to the lady at roundtable, and it doesn't seem to be registering for some reason, fml.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Made it to the bottom of the area in the starter shrine that requires Stonesword keys. Walked through the boss fog.
immediately got eaten. Almost decided to leave but said what the hell and tried it one more time. Beat that damn ulcerated tree boss second try. Was not expecting a quick victory or even victory at all.

Moral of the story is to persevere and try a few times instead of noping out.

Also - seeing a lot of open spoilers and have had a few things spoiled for me personally in this thread. Im only 20 hours in and I see posts from some peeps who are just about to start the game.

Im not that sensitive about it but I'd like to avoid them if possible. We have spoiler tags can you guys please use them? Thanks.

Last edited:
Made it to the bottom of the area in the starter shrine that requires Stonesword keys. Walked through the boss fog.
immediately got eaten. Almost decided to leave but said what the hell and tried it one more time. Beat that damn ulcerated tree boss second try. Was not expecting a quick victory or even victory at all.

Moral of the story is to persevere and try a few times instead of noping out.

Also - seeing a lot of open spoilers and have had a few things spoiled for me personally in this thread. Im only 20 hours in and I see posts from some peeps who are just about to start the game.

Im not that sensitive about it but I'd like to avoid them if possible. We have spoiler tags can you guys please use them? Thanks.
Spoiler for the area you just beat…

there is a very good talisman hidden somewhere in that dungeon. I missed it my first time killing that boss on a different character

Anyways kudos on that boss, he’s hard as hell

bitbydeath

I’m going to start playing tomorrow.

What’s the most OP way to play this game? I want game breaking stuff.

Thanks!
First time Astrologer/magic class here.
You start a bit OP, but then everything soon catches up and overtakes due to lack of worthy gear, which is a bit sad seeing all these cool gear you can’t wield due to lack of strength, but now I’m around 30hrs in and it’s really picked up making this the best class as I can now fire from a distance and have the staff act as a sword too.

Make it to level 60 intelligence and you can use this!

Boy I bet this was satisfying:

Braag

So there are no covenants I'm guessing? So if I say give a dragon heart to the communion it wont lock me or anything to them?

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Spoiler for the area you just beat…

there is a very good talisman hidden somewhere in that dungeon. I missed it my first time killing that boss on a different character

Anyways kudos on that boss, he’s hard as hell
I think I found that ... is it the one in a hidden area with little gargoyle guys and scary shit on the ceiling?

Rex_DX

Gold Member
So there are no covenants I'm guessing? So if I say give a dragon heart to the communion it wont lock me or anything to them?
Just judging from past games stuff like that can have sweeping consequences on stuff like NPCs fates/availability, NPC invaders, game endings etc.

Not sure if the communion stuff is a plot device, a school of magic or what - I'm only 20 hours in - but I'd say any time the game asks you to make a choice like that to think it through.

If it’s the well I found pretty early on, heh heh yeah had the same reaction.

Saw how beautiful the new area was:

Step Brothers Yep GIF by reactionseditor

Then saw how my attacks barely changed the enemies‘ HP:

Danny Devito Smh GIF
Lol yeah I wacked one of 'em as hard as I could then bounced. Been dashing through that place on my horse looking for the nearest exit and I managed to find one. Also managed to find two sites of grace so I can always come back later.

Mesmerizingly beautiful areas one can unlock in this game. I'm just blown away by the scale of it all because it seems everytime you are nosey you discover new and wonderful things on crazy big scales.

How much more hidden areas are there? I mean, fuck.

Well Radahn was a bitch, worst part is that it takes forever to get the battle going again in a groove

Gotta say, armor you can get as a result is the best looking armor I’ve seen so far

I’m never changing it

Top Bottom