• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Do you really have to actually CLOSE the game to avoid the PS5 rest mode save issue? Doesn't it save by exiting to the main menu?

The_hunter

Anyone know if there is a legal way to get the soundtrack outside of the deluxe edition?
Doesn't answer your question, but I just downloaded my copy of the soundtrack from the collector's edition, and they're all lossy mp3s. I guess we'll have to wait for a CD version to come out. The quality of these mp3s aren't bad though.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Anyone know if there is a legal way to get the soundtrack outside of the deluxe edition?

The full thing's on Youtube, rip it from there I guess, although at that point you might as well just look elsewhere.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Still trucking along, still loving every moment. Just when I think things are starting to come to a close I find an entire area I haven't touched.

It's hilarious how powerful you can become towards the end of the game with some of the tools on offer, to the point where the start of the game is genuinely the hardest part by a long shot. If you're happy to use summons and magic there are some BROKEN things you can get up to in this game. I mostly still stick to sword 'n' board as it's just how I love to play Souls, but I can't resist nuking things from orbit sometimes for fun.

Last edited:

Keihart

Are you doing a pre-Rondo of Blood build or post-Rondo of Blood build?

The latter(what I'm doing) means you also put points in Faith and use Holy Powers as supers.

I've talked with a friend who's doing the former and he's just using the whip, daggers, and holy bombs and putting most of his points into health and dex/str.
i like to play like a glass cannon so im definetly doing more of a Ritcher build but probably with a new Trevor look.

I think i'm gonna focus on Dex scaling for weapons and some casting, i'm inclined to go the faith route but i'm starting to think that glintstone spells would benefit more from the dex since they have long casting times.
I have only 1 bestial encantation, mayb i'll end up doing that. Anyway, no tankiness for me, who needs health when you can just dodge and destroy enemies faster.

thuGG_pl

Ok, I'm now 35 hours in. Unlocked few more regions.
Jesus this game is so beautiful at times, playing on OLED with HDR. Simply stunning.

My only gripe so far is that casting spells on horseback is pain in the ass, there is some artifitial delay between casting and moving.

Doom85

Huh, this place needing some keys for teleporters is interesting. Where will it take me-

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Oh, I see…..

Laugh Plotting GIF by Big Brother
mad music video GIF by Polyvinyl Records
The Simpsons Animation GIF by FOX TV

Hinedorf

Banned
After obsessing too hard for a week+ I took a few days away but I'm currently stuck trying to beat Black Blade Kindred and I'm not proceeding elsewhere until it's done!

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
I cheated my way through the single-player experience (I increased my damage output 5X and reduced my damage taken to 1/10) and I can confidently say there would be no way in hell I could ever beat this game legitimately.

Just messing around in the post-game, I restored everything back to its normal parameters so I could play multiplayer again and attempt to help others with some of the bosses. I’ve yet to succeed. I watched the last person who summoned me get picked up and powerdrived into the ground; a full health bar gone in one attack. It’s nuts.

This post made me physically ill.

What are you guys leveling up in?

I mainly focus on strength and dexterity. I didn't realize that's called a "quality build". I'm no tank by any means but I'm doing solid damage. I have enough faith/arcane too so I can cast incantations, pretty cool. I'm level 41 and str/dex both are at 24.

Took down the Tree Sentinel earlier, had tried him a few times the other day and got him in one go this time using a halberd +7 and my wolves +3. Not strong enough to properly wield the Golden Halberd though.

Highly recommend looking up the Crystal Cavern side quest, end result is being able to buy smithing stones 1 & 2. Get those weapons leveled Gaf.

Been switching up my tactics too, utilizing the crossbow for some ranged combat. This game is just damn fun, stuck in a section in Stormmveil Castle, but left and explored, killed a few minibosses, found a Sorceress, golden seed, grace points, etc. So much shit to do in this game, such a fantastic experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: Isa
Academy boss was a cakewalk, what is this?
+11 anchor and +3 wolves destroyed her.
I appreciated that the first phase of the fight was a throwback to a Dark (or demon’s) souls boss. I almost sure it’s a demon’s souls boss.
I just recently played DS3 and it reminds me a boss in there

And yeah she was the easiest boss I’ve encountered

Academy in general was fairly easy

Game definitely ramps up a bit after that part, at least for me

WoodyStare

Defeated Radahn and Astel, Natural Born of the Void which were both a pain in the ass. Also completed Ranni’s quest, and you get an excellent weapon/cool armor out of it. 70 hours in with plenty more to do and I’m not even close to being burned out. This is truly one of the best games I’ve ever played.

Last edited:

TheUsual

Gold Member
After numerous tries, Godrick is done with. Think I was level 32 which definitely made the fight manageable. Was really close a few times beating him without the summon help, but decided I needed the extra help and a weapon change. Was worth it though. Switched from the Estoc to the Bloodhound Fang.
Definitely a difficult fight but felt so good once done with.

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Took out Radahn last night, epic battle, I'll say no more. Heading into the Northern part of Caelid now, 86 hours clocked, multiple NPC questlines going, can't wait to see what happens next. 🙏

Aesius

There's a jump on the rooftops of the Academy that reminded me of the jump in Undead Burg to get the bow in that it requires jumping at the last possible millisecond. But DAMN it's a lot easier with a dedicated jump button, even if I did mess it up a few times.

partime

There's a jump on the rooftops of the Academy that reminded me of the jump in Undead Burg to get the bow in that it requires jumping at the last possible millisecond. But DAMN it's a lot easier with a dedicated jump button, even if I did mess it up a few times.

It wasn't until the Academy that I found the dedicated jump button. Lol I don't know how I made it that far roll'n roll'n roll'n.

Dream-Knife

Banned
Question for those who have gone down the well:
Is this hint legit? It says to do a gesture, like praying, but when I do one nothing happens.
zsQVeLV.jpg

Faith 27
Dex 20
Uchigatana +5, magic Rapier +8 and my fav but hard to master holy scyther +2 that reminds me of Gehrmann.
Time to level up my godslayer sling before the academy. Some of the incantations are pretty wild.

ssringo

Gold Member
Spent the last hour or so being summoned to fight the Virgins. Saw a few hosts get grabbed and just let themselves die. If you don't know, tapping the shoulder buttons break grabs quicker thus taking less damage.

Last edited:
Beat Godrick with my two buddies, first try...

Granted, I took maybe 10% of his total life away but I did manage to dodge roll most of his attacks.
Tom Cruise Laughing GIF by JustViral

So much fun, get nice challenging solo sessions and then just tank the shit out of the gatekeepers. Good times.

Cyberpunkd

Liked the fact that you can make small progress and feel it each time.

SL40
Str 30
Vig/End 25

Killed the scion, grabbed the shield, switched it later for another one that was 10 pounds lighter. 2 black horseman, some minor bosses.

Plantoid

Just killed lich dragon edgelord (last boss in FIA's quest)

Only 0,93% players on Xbox killed him I feel incredible hehe

Full dex dual katanas, e believe bleed is going to be nerfed because it makes almost everything trivial

slade

I had to put Horizon down for this game. It's just so massive that once I dipped my toe in this weekend, I quickly became immersed. Don't know how much time I've spent in the game but so far I've taken down a few minor bosses, Caveman Farum, Bloodhound Knight and that lizard guy in the Morne Tunnel. The Tree Sentinel was pretty easy. Just ran passes at him with Torrent and kicked his ass. The Bloodhound Knight guy gave me more trouble.

Next up is the Leonine Misbegotten past Castle Morne or that one boss at the Minor Erdtree. Then, I'll try the dragon at Agheel Lake. Ran out of there the first time I had that encounter.

Had to be at work tonight so I started reading about upgrading weapons and I've missed a ton of smithing stones so far. I should be at +3 for my Uchigatana right now but I'm still stuck at +1 for it. Put my other smithing stones into a Greatsword only to get a better one off the Bloodhound Knight.

Anyway, I have to hand it to Fromsoft. They made the best action/adventure game last gen with Sekiro and they just topped Nioh 2 for me in terms of ARPG's.

MastAndo

So,
Radahn is a mother fucker.
After feeling like I had things under control with this game, I met my match tonight with this guy. I lost count of how many times I had to face him, as it was easier to count it in hours instead.

I was at a level 67, so didn't feel weak in that department. After figuring out my NPC buddies and I could bully him using bleed in the first phase, I just had no idea how to handle the one-shot boulder part in the last phase. At one point, after what would have been a reasonable amount of tries to spend on a boss, I had him down to a sliver. Saw an opening to take a swipe or two to finish him off...aaaand I was suddenly 2-handing my shield for some reason. I stared to the heavens in silence looking for an answer, but it was all downhill from there. I should have taken a break, as my cage was rattled and it was failure after failure at that point. When it was all said and done, I ended up just riding around at the end letting the NPC's finish him off. Eff that guy.

...and yet, I'm compelled to keep playing. I hardly played a Souls game before this, but yeah, this is something special.

Top Bottom