• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

Overall, the game is great, but we really need to stop giving From software a pass. The input lag on this game is absolutely attrocious. At times, your move might not execute until a second later.
Well yeah you can stack moves in these games. Makes you careful. Or it's supposed to anyway. Still gets me killed all the damn time.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Overall, the game is great, but we really need to stop giving From software a pass. The input lag on this game is absolutely attrocious. At times, your move might not execute until a second later.

What platform? PC hasn't been a problem and I've never had that issue with any From game across PC and PS4.

Last edited:

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Watching the shades of other players mercilessly killing these poor tortoises :(

Everyone's a turtle pacifist until you find a tower that makes you kill 3 spirit turtles before you can go in.

ninja-turtles-shredder.gif

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
What's the point of invading? New to these games. Someone way higher level it seems invaded me. I ran near a cliff to hide, then kicked their ass of it when they found me. Is it just for quick pvp?

Doom85

Elden Ring’s character creator fails Black players

^^^^^
YG5pskU.png

I feel like this is a running joke with this woman. Through out the years she has wined her way through blogging about irrelevant things and making issues where there aren't any.

Plus look at this "Mother Fucker" right here, if you can make this in the game and complaining about a character not looking like a certain demographic, you're just being lazy and don't have patience to work with the character creator.
elden-ring-samuel-l-jackson-pg-1216x684.jpg

Bruh, this is a reasonable complaint. Hell, popular Youtuber RDCWorld did a skit on how shit many video games’ character creators are in terms of black hairstyles. Woolie of former Best Friends Play acknowledged Elden Ring’s lack of hairstyle options (he definitely had no option to make anything even remotely like his dreads, and if people want to bring up the “fantasy has to be white Europe!” shtick, bitch please, this game has SAMURAIS in it) and how most games will settle for an Afro option and call it a day. But I mean, if you want to tell these black people to STFU because they “dared” to wish for the option of hairstyles that they have themselves, be my guest. Not only does paint you in a certain light, it also makes you seem anti-gamer in general because gamers should always be hoping for more options in games like this period. Settling for less doesn’t make you a hero, it makes you a chump.

Also, that is not Jackson’s hairstyle in the left there. A white person could rock that shit and not get a single odd look. No wonder you don’t get the issue if you can’t even make that distinction.

Geezus, this community sometimes.
Ask developers to fix bugs, load times, and other issues?
Community: “Reasonable.”
Ask developers for more options so you can be happy with how the character you’ll be looking at for 100 hours of playing looks?
Community: “Shut your bitch mouth!”

Last edited:

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Elden Ring’s character creator fails Black players

^^^^^
YG5pskU.png

I feel like this is a running joke with this woman. Through out the years she has wined her way through blogging about irrelevant things and making issues where there aren't any.

Plus look at this "Mother Fucker" right here, if you can make this in the game and complaining about a character not looking like a certain demographic, you're just being lazy and don't have patience to work with the character creator.
elden-ring-samuel-l-jackson-pg-1216x684.jpg
at this point, I am ass annoyed by blm stupid movement bs as feminists.
You can't perfectly recreate yourself in the game ?! boohoo.
I cannot too because I am fat and the skin color is not perfectly identical. And they dont have my shitty hair. oh fuck of already (not the poster, just the writer of this crap :p )

SkylineRKR

After 40 hours, I think I've finally uncovered practically everything in Limgrave. I'm sure my character is pretty overleveled at this point, but I'm having such a blast finding all the little secrets. Before moving on, I finally went back to the Fringefolk Hero's Grave to explore the area that was locked behind the imp statue seal. What a wild trip.

This area was giving me massive Sen's Fortress vibes. Just when I thought I had done everything and defeated the Ulcerated Tree Spirit, I noticed an area that I had to drop down to. I ended up walking into an area where I was ambushed by 2 Grafted Scions on a narrow bridge guarding a pretty sweet talisman (Erdtree's Favor). I got the talisman, but was immediately destroyed by the Grafted Scions and dropped 20k runes. I wasn't able to recover the runes so was feeling pretty vengeful towards those two pricks. I threw myself at them repeatedly, but always got my ass handed to me. Probably spent like 2 hours dying over and over to those fuckers.

I came up with a strategy I'm pretty damn proud of. I got them to drop from the ceiling as usual and then immediately hopped off the bridge to make a quick getaway. I went back through the mini-dungeon and made my back to where those two were just were just casually farting around. I lured them one at a time into the tunnel with a fire breathing statue and made short work of them. It was such a satisfying feeling to exploit my surroundings like that. I didn't even care that I didn't beat them in a "fair" fight. Fuck that. Throwing two of those dudes at you in such a small space is absolute bullshit - good riddance.

Did you also

Destroy the spiked Chariot?

What's the point of invading? New to these games. Someone way higher level it seems invaded me. I ran near a cliff to hide, then kicked their ass of it when they found me. Is it just for quick pvp?
I saw a streamer pvping, and he picked up 380,000 runes for killing another player lol. I guess you can pick up someone else's runes so if they are carrying a lot, could be quite the payday lol.

8bitpill

Bruh, this is a reasonable complaint. Hell, popular Youtuber RDCWorld did a skit on how shit many video games’ character creators are in terms of black hairstyles. Woolie of former Best Friends Play acknowledged Elden Ring’s lack of hairstyle options (he definitely had no option to make anything even remotely like his dreads, and if people want to bring up the “fantasy has to be white Europe!” shtick, bitch please, this game has SAMURAIS in it) and how most games will settle for an Afro option and call it a day. But I mean, if you want to tell these black people to STFU because they “dared” to wish for the option of hairstyles that they have themselves, be my guest. Not only does paint you in a certain light, it also makes you seem anti-gamer in general because gamers should always be hoping for more options in games like this period. Settling for less doesn’t make you a hero, it makes you a chump.

Also, that is not Jackson’s hairstyle in the left there. A white person could rock that shit and not get a single odd look. No wonder you don’t get the issue if you can’t even make that distinction.

Ask developers for more options so you can be happy with how the character you’ll be looking at for 100 hours of playing looks?

dr-manhattan-you-sound-bitter.gif

AV

I saw a streamer pvping, and he picked up 380,000 runes for killing another player lol. I guess you can pick up someone else's runes so if they are carrying a lot, could be quite the payday lol.

Yeah you can, people were killing hackers on release and getting literally millions of runes.

Doom85

You were the one who felt in the midst of people asking for help, celebrating victories, getting wowed by new areas and so forth, to whine that someone (in an article, not even a poster on this forum) had a reasonable wish for the game to include more options.

Naturi Naughton Lol GIF by Power

Hey guys. Not related to Elden Ring, but..tonight i am going to try Dark Souls again on my PS Triple.
My brave hero is going to be called "Ukraine", inspired by the brave soldiers of Ukraine.
I am a completely noob in Souls games, so please cheer for me, and support me in your hearts.
If you enjoy Dark Souls, you'll adore Elden Ring.

Dark Souls is the only Souls game I put extensive time in, it's awesome but definitely frustrating. The open world aspect of ER makes the game so chill, no need to just focus on a difficult part, you can just leave and come back. The world is absolutely massive with countless things to stumble on.

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Lol around six hours in and level 20 and I just figured out how to lock onto enemies. This will make things much easier

Edit: OMG the game is like ten times easier with lockon. Why am I such a fucking retard? I can probably beat that first boss now

Last edited:

I literally never see the head of my character. Idk what others are wearing but yeah. I understand why From isn't investing any ressources into the character creator. You're right that it's a reasonable complaint, tho.

Doom85

I literally never see the head of my character. Idk what others are wearing but yeah. I understand why From isn't investing any ressources into the character creator. You're right that it's a reasonable complaint, tho.

Gameranx said on a recent video that there are more helmet options that show your head compared to Souls games so they must exist. I’m a stat whore myself so I just stick with the highest defense numbers at least on first play through. When I replayed DS 3 last year, I did rock a nice dress even though its stats were meh.

Majukun

stutter is still there sadly, and bosses are just frustrating with thsat shit..is there a way to revert to past versions of the game on steam and keep it there?
it was working just fine before the last patch...

8bitpill

You were the one who felt in the midst of people asking for help, celebrating victories, getting wowed by new areas and so forth, to whine that someone (in an article, not even a poster on this forum) had a reasonable wish for the game to include more options.

Naturi Naughton Lol GIF by Power
Posted it in this forum since her name was already dropped from a article she wrote a couple days after this one. Since this is all things Elden Ring, I figured it fit here instead of making it, its own post.

Not whining, like I said, it's a running joke with that blogger. She ran her course the same way through Kotaku and making the same articles/post again through another media source. She is beating a dead horse and titling her articles with trending subjects to get those clicks.

If developers find it relevant to implement it in their games, they will.

As you said, it's a fantasy game, maybe in the Elden Rings universe hair only comes in twenty seven flavors and that is it :messenger_tears_of_joy:.

But I mean you know since it's so realistic and people in the real world walking around with this hair cut can make sure they make their character spot on to their appearances,
Elden-Ring-Character-Creator-640x360.png

Swift_Star

Banned
I'm thinking about putting a heavy infusion on the Rusty Anchor. Should I? I'm not putting any points in dex and have no intention of changing the weapon. Currently at +26 str and +11 Rusty Anchor.

Aesius

Lol around six hours in and level 20 and I just figured out how to lock onto enemies. This will make things much easier

Edit: OMG the game is like ten times easier with lockon. Why am I such a fucking retard? I can probably beat that first boss now
I almost never lock-on in these games anymore. Bloodborne broke me of that habit. It helps on many enemies but not all, and can be detrimental vs mobs or enemies that move fast and erratically.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I've explored the map so much without taking down bosses. I wonder if there will be anything left to see. Not complaining, it was fun.

I'm thinking about putting a heavy infusion on the Rusty Anchor. Should I? I'm not putting any points in dex and have no intention of changing the weapon. Currently at +26 str and +11 Rusty Anchor.
Yes. If it scales similarly to dex, it became worth it after 25 dex

You can always compare the heavy vs standard to see if it’s worth it yet, but as your str increases it will be def be worth it at some point

NickFire

How's the astrologer experience so far? I'm thinking about doing blue bar boy for my next playthrough.
First time playing the series so not much to compare it to. But I am having a blast. Ranged magic attacks require strategy to try keeping the distance, but I'm enjoying the trial and error. Also just leaned about the ghost dogs, which help a lot.

Cyberpunkd

Hey guys. Not related to Elden Ring, but..tonight i am going to try Dark Souls again on my PS Triple.
My brave hero is going to be called "Ukraine", inspired by the brave soldiers of Ukraine.
I am a completely noob in Souls games, so please cheer for me, and support me in your hearts.
Enjoy swamp town at 15FPS. That place is pure videogame cancer.

First time playing the series so not much to compare it to. But I am having a blast. Ranged magic attacks require strategy to try keeping the distance, but I'm enjoying the trial and error. Also just leaned about the ghost dogs, which help a lot.
The ghost summons are such a cool addition. Especially the wolves as a nice way to deal with larger mobs without summoning other players.

The_hunter

Yeah, it's Latin. I had it in school so I recognize it a bit.

O locus ille, beatus condum num deminuit, nos destinate matribus, nunc fiunt turpes, ploravimus, lacrimavimusque, sed nemo nos consolatur aureum, cui irascebaris

Don't ask for a translation though, school was almost 15 years ago for me :messenger_beaming:
Wow, awesome you were able to catch all that. I posted on a few Latin forums, lets see if I get a translation. I believe Bloodborne had latin in the soundtrack, which gave away major lore, but this is the first time latin is actually in the game itself.

I was able to recognize it as possibly it being Latin as I speak a romance languadge, but I was not able to understand the individual words.

protonion

Can anyone give me a hint for the critical path in the lake area?
I followed the light until a locked gate.
Now what?

I spend several hours around the map and I have no idea what I am doing any more...

The_hunter

Can anyone give me a hint for the critical path in the lake area?
I followed the light until a locked gate.
Now what?

I spend several hours around the map and I have no idea what I am doing any more...
There's an npc at the church outside behind castle stormveil that tells you what you need to do next.
at the locked gate with the blue light, there's a map on a corpse, follow it to find a key to pass the barrier.

Rex_DX

Gold Member
Finally took down Godric at level 38 after 39 hours. I think I cleared the castle. Might go back to do a few laps.

I heard people talk about a boss under the castle.

Is it just the reused tree demon from the area under the starter area? The one that required Stonesword Keys. I beat that thing again in the castle but it didn't have a boss health bar so idk. Am I missing another boss under the castle?

Stormveil Castle finally scratched my Dark Souls itch. What a fantastically designed area. I also enjoy that certain mini bosses are sprinkled around as normal enemies so if you took the time to explore and encounter them in the open world, then you should be good to go in the Castle.

Woe be to anyone encountering the Crucible Knight for the first time in the castle. "Oh it's just a tough knight." Second phase begin.

Can't wait to get out of Limgrave but in reflection, I got 40 hours out of the first three zones and the castle (and a few hours in a certain underground area). If the game ended with the big showdown and you became Elden Lord after defeating Godric then that would still be a fantastic game experience and still head and shoulders above the likes of other games like AC and Horizon. Although I enjoyed both those games for what they are, Elden Ring is a different beat entirely.

The_hunter

You get a really really good consumable that activates your currently equipped ring shard.

Just a reminder for people using the first great rune and rune arcs, but also do a lot of coop, remember that it doesn't work when summoned; the great rune is disabled then.
This could mess up your equip load or other required stats if you're not careful.

Last edited:

Boneless

My number one is probably these guys, although I will say, they are important to the game in a way that some people will never even discover.

maxresdefault.jpg

Apart from that, fuck the imps.

jade_goblin_wildlife_creature_elden_ring_wiki_guide_300px.jpg
Really, fuck those imps. I think I am trashing it down on them, comes one imp around the corning with a massive pitchfork that one shots me.... fucking imps...

WoodyStare

Does anyone else laugh maniacally when you think you’re doing well against a boss and then they just randomly kill you in one hit? I can’t help it sometimes.

Really, fuck those imps. I think I am trashing it down on them, comes one imp around the corning with a massive pitchfork that one shots me.... fucking imps...
Imps are one of those annoying mobs where if you get hit once, it can send you into hit recovery where you basically are going to die because they spam their attacks

those walking hands do the same shit

I don't know if there is a way to free yourself from getting thrown into hit recovery, I don't think there is

Rob_27

Are there any big hardback guide books?

I got Demons souls and now this not that good with the bosses but love exploration of the environments.

Top Bottom