• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING |OT| One Ring To Rule Them All

What's the best boss to farm souls and help people? Godfrey? He's super easy and only takes like 2 minutes to beat
I was getting summoned in 5-10 seconds for that wolf boss at the academy. Really fast fight too. Either the host gets twatted almost instantly or the boss does in like 30 seconds. I think I did 40-50 there before moving on.

Edit. not a lot of souls though I did go up 5-6 levels afterwards. Mostly did it for the rune arcs.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

i keep dying in crumbling farum azula
BestIllinformedCrow-max-1mb.gif

This incredibly weird rage circlejerk on Twitter from other studios' game devs about how Elden Ring is more popular than their games feels extremely unprofessional. I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before.

If I were the manager of these guys I'd have a long talk with them.

Very unbecoming. Not to mention completely misplaced. A Battlefield 2042 UX designer is slamming Elden Ring. I mean, where do I even begin with that one?
It literally screams of saltiness; not to mention unprofessional behavior & jealousy.

A critique regarding open world design coming from an Ubisoft dev is beyond ironic lol.

GymWolf

Gold Member
I was getting summoned in 5-10 seconds for that wolf boss at the academy. Really fast fight too. Either the host gets twatted almost instantly or the boss does in like 30 seconds. I think I did 40-50 there before moving on.

Edit. not a lot of souls though I did go up 5-6 levels afterwards. Mostly did it for the rune arcs.
Rune...arcs?

k_trout

No I mean I was asking how, I don't how to summon lol
oh sorry lol
you need the summon bell then put whatever summon you have in your quick item select, and use it, but it only works when that little grey icon like a gravestone appears on the left of your Hud
70 hours wondering with that was lol

DragonNCM

i don't understand how radahan is giving people so much trouble? i was lvl85 when i took him out but i felt he was one of the easier bosses
I downed him on level 50....try that next time😭70 tries or more to kill him.
As Astrologer damn hard to fight him. One mistake and you are oneshot.

Alebrije

This game is nuts , there is a boss fight on every place you explore, also some regular NPCs are harder than some bosses.

Difficult scalates and goes down very fast...its like going on a rollercoaster...

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Are there more stonesword keys than there are places to use them?

Don't know for a fact but it definitely feels that way to me. I haven't encountered a scenario where I don't have enough for a long time. I just buy up vendor stocks when I see them.

A...great rune i have selected?? Sure...

Is that something you get after killing the first major boss?? (Not kermit or whatever his name was)
Yeah. I only have the one usuable one so far but that one gives you a 5 level boost to all stats so basically bumps your level by 40 until you die.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
A...great rune i have selected?? Sure...

Is that something you get after killing the first major boss?? (Not kermit or whatever his name was)
Yes. You kill a big guy, you get his rune, you go to a big tower to activate the rune. Go to site of grace, equip rune, and use rune arc to activate it.

Last edited:

Aesius

Don't know for a fact but it definitely feels that way to me. I haven't encountered a scenario where I don't have enough for a long time. I just buy up vendor stocks when I see them.
Yeah, I've got a bunch right now. It's nice to find those walled off areas that need two and to be able to open them without worries.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Yeah, I've got a bunch right now. It's nice to find those walled off areas that need two and to be able to open them without worries.
Same for me, got like 10 or so to spare right now. I don't leave stone unturned, so I guess having so much keys is the reward for exploring so much.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
Yes. You kill a big guy, you get his rune, you go to a big tower to activate the rune. Go to site of grace, equip rune, and use rune arc to activate it.

Well bugger me, I thought rune arcs did something different. I didn't even know about fixing and equipping mine until much later but I thought I was getting buffed by my Godrick rune. Damn. Guess I'll start popping arcs!

TintoConCasera

Well bugger me, I thought rune arcs did something different. I didn't even know about fixing and equipping mine until much later but I thought I was getting buffed by my Godrick rune. Damn. Guess I'll start popping arcs!
Yeah it took me some time to realize how this mechanic works too, so don't feel bad.

It's kinda neat, like using the embers on Dark Souls 3 but being able to select what buff to get based on your current rune.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Is there a way to change your special ability?
Rest to a bonfire and go to the ashes of war menu.

Better buy the no skill thing from a guy in a small house in the woods called blanchard or something, basically if your shield has a skill on his own you can't use your weapon skill, so you put the "no skill" skill in the shield to "turn off" the skill in the shield.

Edit: ok the name is not blanchard but it start with a B i think.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

Are you talking about that zone with the small soldiers that gave you like 1000 runes each?? Discovered this thing yesterday and immeditely bailed out, it feels like straight up cheating tbh.

No but I am now very curious where this area you speak of is.

GymWolf

Gold Member
Jesus i played this zone yesterday and i already forgot how to reach it.

It has to be one between the blue portal you find in limgrave or the secret elevator that goes down for like a minute (i think it is this one).

In this zone you have like these manlets soldiers that are not hard to beat (i did it with a +1 weapon after like 10 hours of gameplay) and gave you like 1000 souls each.

Sorry if i'm literally the worse at explaining things but between me playing the game with italians subs so all names are different and my shit memory for names and places this is the result.

Not sure how people remember every fucking detail of their adventures in such a gigantic game...

Last edited:

Majmun

I've been playing for about 20 hours so far.

I followed a few youtube guides on how to get an OP build because most of the content is available immediatly, you just have to look for it.. The summons and magic make this game quite easy and IM LOVING IT

AV

It's one of the popular "BEST FARM EVER" videos on Youtube. If you wanna rune farm there's a better one to do involving a respawning rolling ball but I don't recommend farming in Elden Ring because no amount of it will get you past the later bosses.

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

Is there really that much of a reason for rune farming? I always thought that in those games the player skill is much morw important than his stats.

And I think I usually get a higher bosst from upgrading my weapons than leveling up.

After 40 hours, I think I've finally uncovered practically everything in Limgrave. I'm sure my character is pretty overleveled at this point, but I'm having such a blast finding all the little secrets. Before moving on, I finally went back to the Fringefolk Hero's Grave to explore the area that was locked behind the imp statue seal. What a wild trip.

This area was giving me massive Sen's Fortress vibes. Just when I thought I had done everything and defeated the Ulcerated Tree Spirit, I noticed an area that I had to drop down to. I ended up walking into an area where I was ambushed by 2 Grafted Scions on a narrow bridge guarding a pretty sweet talisman (Erdtree's Favor). I got the talisman, but was immediately destroyed by the Grafted Scions and dropped 20k runes. I wasn't able to recover the runes so was feeling pretty vengeful towards those two pricks. I threw myself at them repeatedly, but always got my ass handed to me. Probably spent like 2 hours dying over and over to those fuckers.

I came up with a strategy I'm pretty damn proud of. I got them to drop from the ceiling as usual and then immediately hopped off the bridge to make a quick getaway. I went back through the mini-dungeon and made my back to where those two were just were just casually farting around. I lured them one at a time into the tunnel with a fire breathing statue and made short work of them. It was such a satisfying feeling to exploit my surroundings like that. I didn't even care that I didn't beat them in a "fair" fight. Fuck that. Throwing two of those dudes at you in such a small space is absolute bullshit - good riddance.

took me that long to get used to using my sword and bow
and I still have no idea how to do incantations lol
gotta get a deathroot from those purple skeleton boat minibosses. Give the deathroot to the beast in the Beast Sanctum or whatever it's called. Far NE part of Caelid, there's a warp point that will take you right to him. If you give him a deathroot, he'll give you a talisman or something and then 'memorize' an incantation via a grace point and equip the talisman in your left hand. When you have that talisman active, your memorized incantations are in the top spot of your equipped items. hit L1 to use it.

Pretty cool, I don't utilize them too often but they're neat to have.

Last edited:

NickFire

I discovered it on my own, and it was a God send for me. No shame about it, I spent a couple hours banging out XP for an astrologer. Basically, fill up at the site of grace, and run a loop. I use one bottle of magic per guy, taking them down at range.

Go to the sleeping beast castle with the large gargoyle guarding it. Run down the hill (golden seed on the way) and start at site of grace next to bridge with dragon. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:

NickFire

Is there really that much of a reason for rune farming? I always thought that in those games the player skill is much morw important than his stats.

And I think I usually get a higher bosst from upgrading my weapons than leveling up.
I am running astrologer. Farming has been very important for me. It does not make the bosses easy in general, but it goes a long way towards getting to those bosses.

Aesius

After 40 hours, I think I've finally uncovered practically everything in Limgrave. I'm sure my character is pretty overleveled at this point, but I'm having such a blast finding all the little secrets. Before moving on, I finally went back to the Fringefolk Hero's Grave to explore the area that was locked behind the imp statue seal. What a wild trip.

This area was giving me massive Sen's Fortress vibes. Just when I thought I had done everything and defeated the Ulcerated Tree Spirit, I noticed an area that I had to drop down to. I ended up walking into an area where I was ambushed by 2 Grafted Scions on a narrow bridge guarding a pretty sweet talisman (Erdtree's Favor). I got the talisman, but was immediately destroyed by the Grafted Scions and dropped 20k runes. I wasn't able to recover the runes so was feeling pretty vengeful towards those two pricks. I threw myself at them repeatedly, but always got my ass handed to me. Probably spent like 2 hours dying over and over to those fuckers.

I came up with a strategy I'm pretty damn proud of. I got them to drop from the ceiling as usual and then immediately hopped off the bridge to make a quick getaway. I went back through the mini-dungeon and made my back to where those two were just were just casually farting around. I lured them one at a time into the tunnel with a fire breathing statue and made short work of them. It was such a satisfying feeling to exploit my surroundings like that. I didn't even care that I didn't beat them in a "fair" fight. Fuck that. Throwing two of those dudes at you in such a small space is absolute bullshit - good riddance.
It was a legit jump scare for me when they dropped down onto my head. Reminded me of the Deep Accursed dropping from the ceiling of the Cathedral of the Deep in Dark Souls 3.

TintoConCasera

I am running astrologer. Farming has been very important for me. It does not make the bosses easy in general, but it goes a long way towards getting to those bosses.
How's the astrologer experience so far? I'm thinking about doing blue bar boy for my next playthrough.

kevm3

Overall, the game is great, but we really need to stop giving From software a pass. The input lag on this game is absolutely attrocious. At times, your move might not execute until a second later.

8bitpill

Elden Ring’s character creator fails Black players

^^^^^
YG5pskU.png

I feel like this is a running joke with this woman. Through out the years she has wined her way through blogging about irrelevant things and making issues where there aren't any.

Plus look at this "Mother Fucker" right here, if you can make this in the game and complaining about a character not looking like a certain demographic, you're just being lazy and don't have patience to work with the character creator.
elden-ring-samuel-l-jackson-pg-1216x684.jpg

Top Bottom