• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

ELDEN RING: Shadow Of The Erdtree |OT| ⋆☽ Delve Into The Land Of Shadowy Embrace ✰ The Age Of Stars Is Almost Upon Us! ☾⋆

Antwix

Finished a second playthrough of the expansion with my OG int-dex build from 2022. I can relate to the complaints about not enough new weapons with int scaling... BUT the Star-lined Sword and its AoW are awesome. The only thing that would have made it better is if it was light greatsword instead of a katana.

Bosses are still tough, but I enjoyed them much more this time around since I was already familiar with the movesets. I've thought about the controversy surrounding their difficulty a bit more, and I have a theory. They usually enforce a specific playstyle, so it can come across as actively discouraging build variety. The base game has this issue to an extent, but they really doubled-down on this approach to boss design in the expansion. I think the reason why I personally enjoyed them was because using the Deflect Hard-Tear turns it something reminiscent of Sekiro. Ironically, this also trivializes some encounters, which makes me think these bosses were tuned with this playstyle in mind.
Just finished my 2nd playthrough of the DLC as well. And yeah, tough bosses still for the most part but got past them pretty easily. Gaius was notable here as I killed him first try. Final boss was the exception. I somehow regressed haha. Took me longer in this 2nd run compared to the first run. I suppose it was due to the weapon used though. I was switching between random stuff and experimenting throughout the playthrough as an unoptimized str/fth build. Still wanna eventually try the deflecting tear...

Agree about the star-lined sword too. We already have moonveil as a dex/int katana. It would've been a nice addition as a light gs. The AoW on it even seems light greatsword-ish. Also, sword of night katana should've had a secondary scaling for faith imo. No faith katanas :(

Gonna probably do my pure int caster build for dlc next.

Soodanim

One of my int characters is definitely next on my list too. Probably the Carian Grandeur one as that was always fun.

Right now I'm working a new character towards the DLC with the intent of using storm buffs as much as possible.

New characters are all the same now:
  1. Ride round collecting, get stones, level up weapon, including Wild Swings for later
  2. Beat Godrick
  3. Collect a bit more stuff
  4. Beat Radahn
  5. Go down the gravity hole and get the Whetblade for Bleed infusion
  6. Do the quest to shortcut to Mohg
  7. Go to Leyndell to get more stones, runes, Mohg's Shackle, and the LoB Exultation talisman
  8. Do the Yura quest for the anti-Mohg tear
  9. Mohg warp, get invaded 3 times for the blood mask
  10. Mohg time
    1. Summon for bonus damage
    2. Shackle
    3. Wild Swings, proc bleed for a double boost
    4. Continue wildly swinging
    5. Shackle again before half health
    6. Swing like you've never swung before
    7. Possibly beat Mohg before phase 2, but at most he's about 1/3 left
  11. Go get the new gear you actually want to use from the DLC

Last edited:

winjer

Gold Member
Finally done with it, no summons, no help. Final boss took a few hours but done it. I officially call this the worst content or at least one of the worst content From has ever made. 6/10.

You are stronger than me. Did all bosses without summons or help.
But I gave up on Consort Radahn and summoned my mimic tear. It wasn't much upgraded, but it was enough to distract the boss, while I dealt some damage.

I was switching between random stuff and experimenting throughout the playthrough as an unoptimized str/fth build. Still wanna eventually try the deflecting tear...
A common complaint I've seen leveled at the bosses is "the movements/aggression is designed like Bloodborne and Sekiro, but the player isn't provided with any of the movement and combat options to handle them". To me, the deflect hardtear is an answer to that. The problem is it's one of the only answers, thus forcing a particular playstyle.
Agree about the star-lined sword too. We already have moonveil as a dex/int katana. It would've been a nice addition as a light gs. The AoW on it even seems light greatsword-ish. Also, sword of night katana should've had a secondary scaling for faith imo. No faith katanas :(
No faith based katanas, but I'd try Leda's Sword (light greatsword). It comes way late in the expansion tho, so it's not really something you can use for a first NG playthrough.

simpatico

Finished a second playthrough of the expansion with my OG int-dex build from 2022. I can relate to the complaints about not enough new weapons with int scaling... BUT the Star-lined Sword and its AoW are awesome. The only thing that would have made it better is if it was light greatsword instead of a katana.

Bosses are still tough, but I enjoyed them much more this time around since I was already familiar with the movesets. I've thought about the controversy surrounding their difficulty a bit more, and I have a theory. They usually enforce a specific playstyle, so it can come across as actively discouraging build variety. The base game has this issue to an extent, but they really doubled-down on this approach to boss design in the expansion. I think the reason why I personally enjoyed them was because using the Deflect Hard-Tear turns it something reminiscent of Sekiro. Ironically, this also trivializes some encounters, which makes me think these bosses were tuned with this playstyle in mind.
I found a lot of fun int dex stuff, even if it wasn't somber. Milady with a Cold infusion, mixed with frost magic was ace. Backhand Blades with a cold infusion and frost magic was damn near broken it would proc so fast. Magic Great Katana with that new Carian Magic Greatsword AoW. Fucking two shotting the evil sunflower phases. I would have liked more spells though. I felt like most of them required a Faith split, which I didn't have. Twin Moons is great in certain applications, but you really have to know where to play it.

Fake

Gold Member
I give 7/10. IMO is not the same folks that did the base game, with is for me a 10/10 game.

Just reading some of the itens lore is kinda shocking how bad those are in comparison with the base game. Lacks most of what the base Elden Ring does.

Bloodborne Old Hunters ends up being a better DLC.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Just wanted to say after a second playthrough finishing the dlc with a Solo Dolo no summon playthrough this time people were crazy overblowing this dlc being too difficult, the only legitimately too difficult thing is the final boss of the dlc, every other thing has plenty of openings or weaknesses to exploit. I think its just a case of mainstream audiences playing souls games now, for example its got nothing on ds3's difficulty which I beat earlier this year, now that has some friction lol.

Last edited:
You are stronger than me. Did all bosses without summons or help.
But I gave up on Consort Radahn and summoned my mimic tear. It wasn't much upgraded, but it was enough to distract the boss, while I dealt some damage.

Stacked up on holy resist, switched to light mode so I could dodge further faster and I finally managed to do it after struggling with the second phase. I figured when he was casting his massive aoe that was my only chance to spam/stun him and the damage i took was worth the effort. Other than that, just dodge for 2 minutes waiting for a chance to hit and spam heals. Fucking cancer design. All DLC bosses were terrible, fast attack enemies where you just have to block/dodge for 2 minutes than get a hit and repeat.

Other than that, no boss was cool or wow factor, same humanoid npc's, nonstop dragons, etc. I felt no sense of awe once in the DLC. The abyss was a waste of fucking time, walking an open map on foot only for hours to find one area with a weak ass boss. Even the hype of going up the dragon mountain only to fight some midget dragon lmao. What was even the point of making the map so big? Just to find somber stone and similar stuff of level 1 and 2 and 3 which u have infinite amount???45 fucking cookbooks? Almost as many as the base game lmao, actually more since in the base game most of them you buy from vendors.

Horrible.

But then again, Im not the only one who thinks its a waste of time:

osmmS0a.png

Last edited:

Bojji

Stacked up on holy resist, switched to light mode so I could dodge further faster and I finally managed to do it after struggling with the second phase. I figured when he was casting his massive aoe that was my only chance to spam/stun him and the damage i took was worth the effort. Other than that, just dodge for 2 minutes waiting for a chance to hit and spam heals. Fucking cancer design. All DLC bosses were terrible, fast attack enemies where you just have to block/dodge for 2 minutes than get a hit and repeat.

Other than that, no boss was cool or wow factor, same humanoid npc's, nonstop dragons, etc. I felt no sense of awe once in the DLC. The abyss was a waste of fucking time, walking an open map on foot only for hours to find one area with a weak ass boss. Even the hype of going up the dragon mountain only to fight some midget dragon lmao. What was even the point of making the map so big? Just to find somber stone and similar stuff of level 1 and 2 and 3 which u have infinite amount???45 fucking cookbooks? Almost as many as the base game lmao, actually more since in the base game most of them you buy from vendors.

Horrible.

But then again, Im not the only one who thinks its a waste of time:

osmmS0a.png

Yeah it's mediocre in my opinion too. I don't get why people are pissing their pants from happiness.

It's better than DS1 dlc for sure but much worse than Old Hunters and DS3 dlcs that were better than original games. I'm not sure about DS2...

Lazy dlc in my opinion, base game is much better.

MagnesD3

Yeah it's mediocre in my opinion too. I don't get why people are pissing their pants from happiness.

It's better than DS1 dlc for sure but much worse than Old Hunters and DS3 dlcs that were better than original games. I'm not sure about DS2...

Lazy dlc in my opinion, base game is much better.
It was lazy, and it cost 40 bucks which probably made them insane money, makes me worry for thier future tbh.

Soodanim

Just beat Commander Gaius. Took me so many tries.
Gaius wouldn't be so bad if he didn't do things like when he swoops across in a movement that doesn't make sense, or if he didn't have the invulnerable charge that I swear sometimes comes out of nowhere. When you throw that on top of his scaling it's not too fun.

It was lazy, and it cost 40 bucks which probably made them insane money, makes me worry for thier future tbh.
Let's not get too dramatic now. It might not be the best thing they've ever done, but lazy is hyperbolic at best and it's not like they're only going to get worse. The first expansion to the first open world Souls game isn't perfect, but that's hardly cause for worry.

That said, I agree that it isn't their best DLC. I feel like I got my money's worth, though. The only thing I'll add is that getting to such a late game DLC does put a dampener on coming up with character ideas, and I think I'm going to start using Cheat Engine to give myself weapons and do a full run that way, because the slog to cheese a boss I don't like in Mohg is not infinite fun.

Orbital2060

Im curious about why Mohg is so tough for some people, Ive beaten him three times on my save and never used the shackle. Just the same river of blood and occult nagakiba build every time. Same with Gaius, got him easy on second or third try with same build. Renalla beat on first or second try, eveb though I tried to fail because it was going too fast. I never had a chance to actually fight her, since she focussed on summons.

The bosses that haunt me in main game are Maliketh, and Radagan phase. The only two fights where Ive used a shield to get by.

Bosses in DLC I found pretty easy except for the Scadu tree who gave me some trouble before I realised you can roll through his thorns. And the Putrescent Knight, before I figured out he is susceptible to scarlet rot.

Consort Radahn, there is that one attack where he swings three times and on the last swing you need a frame perfect roll to not get clipped and it annoys me greatly that they designed it like this. Thankfully, he is super easy to just tank through. edit: You can counter the 3-swing combo with the new backstep dodge ring; Fextralife uses it in their boss video, and I think Ongbal uses it in the no-hit run but Im not sure. But then you might as well just use a shield, too. And big armor. Since you are already dependant on a single OP magic item to win the fight.

I still absolutely love the game and DLC, though. Im considering whether to start a new game just to try my usual katana build on Consort Radahn on a first game cycle, or rally on with the ng3+.

Last edited:

Bojji

Yep, it's too expensive for what it is offering, should be 30$ max.

I think this was made with their B team or just skeleton crew while the rest was working on ER2/New ip/other sequel, I'm not worried about quality of their next games but they will certainly ask for 70$ next time.

Gaius wouldn't be so bad if he didn't do things like when he swoops across in a movement that doesn't make sense, or if he didn't have the invulnerable charge that I swear sometimes comes out of nowhere. When you throw that on top of his scaling it's not too fun.

Let's not get too dramatic now. It might not be the best thing they've ever done, but lazy is hyperbolic at best and it's not like they're only going to get worse. The first expansion to the first open world Souls game isn't perfect, but that's hardly cause for worry.

That said, I agree that it isn't their best DLC. I feel like I got my money's worth, though. The only thing I'll add is that getting to such a late game DLC does put a dampener on coming up with character ideas, and I think I'm going to start using Cheat Engine to give myself weapons and do a full run that way, because the slog to cheese a boss I don't like in Mohg is not infinite fun.

Massive amounts of empty space with nothing worth in them. I quickly got to the last boss and asked myself "that's it?". After that I explored rest of the map and only few things were interesting.

Art direction is (as always) top notch, Scadutree looks incredible.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Ive beaten all if thier DLC now and its the most unfinished feeling, I was fully expecting this to be the best content of ER due to thier track record not thier worst :/, I dont think the DLC is better than any of the 3 parts of the base game and each of those chunks are $20 vs $40. The only one its probably better executed than is probably Ashes of Ariandel and im not sure how much that cost at release.

Last edited:

R6Rider

Gold Member
Other than that, just dodge for 2 minutes waiting for a chance to hit and spam heals. Fucking cancer design. All DLC bosses were terrible, fast attack enemies where you just have to block/dodge for 2 minutes than get a hit and repeat.
Agree with this except for ONE boss and that was Romina. I thought that one was fun.

The bosses most of the time weren't even difficult, but simply not fun to fight.

mansoor1980

consort radahn is not fun to fight , i can summon thiollier but sir ansbach summon sign is not present , im sure i followed his quest line

I really don't understand the remark that the DLC doesn't have memorable bosses/areas.

Messmer: great design, amazing fight and voice-actor

Bayle and Igon: these combined is the best From have ever done maybe. Igon is such an iconic NPC. Voice-actor nailed it

Abyssal Woods: sure, it may feel empty but is has such great horror vibes. Those enemies are scary as hell if you don't know what to do. Midra is an amazing boss. The cutscene beforehand...goosebumps

Even the Lion dancer is such a cool boss. Great design and visuals.

The visuals in general are the bee's knees in this DLC.

It sure has its flaws, but is far from horrible.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

I really don't understand the remark that the DLC doesn't have memorable bosses/areas.

Bayle and Igon: these combined is the best From have ever done maybe. Igon is such an iconic NPC. Voice-actor nailed it

Abyssal Woods: sure, it may feel empty but is has such great horror vibes. Those enemies are scary as hell if you don't know what to do. Midra is an amazing boss. The cutscene beforehand...goosebumps

My take is that most of the bosses feels the same when you fight them :hyperagressive, long combo, few opening.

Some for sure have good visuals design, but after fighting them, they kind of feel the same to me. For me Rellana, Messmer, Midra, Gaius and Pustrescent Knight (and to some extent dancing lion and final boss) felt like very similar fight.
At first I loved Rellana fight, but after fighting all the other boss, it didn't felt that cool or unique anymore.

Boss that let me the best memory is probably Romina : unique, slow pace more like a Dark Souls 1 boss, nice design. Metyr and Scadutree avatar also felt pretty unique (not necessarily saying these 2 are good fight but at least they standout from the rest)

DLC has some gorgeous visuals (and indeed the cutscene of Midra is top notch) and cool boss design but that's it.
I don't say the DLC is bad but it's far to be peak FromSoft (at least the FromSoft I like). It's a pretty good DLC is you loved Elden Ring and high difficulty (speaking from a solo perpesctive).

PS : Igon is so cool but Bayle was very boring to fight. Hopefully Igon was there to save the fight.

EDIT : and this is just about bosses. There other part where there is flaws for me.

Last edited:

geary

The cringe on the last replies is palpable. Calling this DLC lazy and expensive when we have games like AC: Shadows, GOW:R, Spiderman 2, Zelda:TotK, Forbidden West which are basically copy-paste full fledge sequels with few twists. We reached a stage of embarrassment as a gaming community calling this DLC lazy...

Bojji

The cringe on the last replies is palpable. Calling this DLC lazy and expensive when we have games like AC: Shadows, GOW:R, Spiderman 2, Zelda:TotK, Forbidden West which are basically copy-paste full fledge sequels with few twists. We reached a stage of embarrassment as a gaming community calling this DLC lazy...

This DLC is like 1/4 of the full game (or less, lots of empty space) and they ask for 60% of original game price. Very few things are new, most are recycled.

You are funny calling many of games mentioned copy-paste when DS series is basically copy-paste since 2011 and Elden Ring is just (exellent) open world variation of that.

Last edited:

DelireMan7

Calling this DLC lazy and expensive when we have games like AC: Shadows, GOW:R, Spiderman 2, Zelda:TotK, Forbidden West which are basically copy-paste full fledge sequels with few twists.

You are funny calling many of games mentioned copy-paste when DS series is basically copy-paste since 2011 and Elden Ring is just (exellent) open world variation of that.

I love FromSoft games, and several are the top of all time games for me but if you consider the sequels you mentionned "copy-paste", well Bojji Bojji is right : Since demon's Souls, the Soulsborne/Elden Ring are basically "copy-paste with a twist" (which is what a sequel should be in my opinion, I don't want a whole different game as a sequel of a game I love) if I follow your examples.
Elden Ring brought Dark Souls to open world and that's it. It just added few mechanics here and there. The core gameplay and structure stays the same.
Does it matter ? I don't think so (anyway "copy-paste" is an hyperbole...).

I liked Elden Ring but it has too big flaws to be the top FromSoft game for me. And as such the DLC, being more Elden Ring, is the same for me.
I wouldn't call it "lazy" however. But you have to accept that not everybody will like it (especially when there is some many hyperbolic statement used so easily)

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member

My only complain is the last boss. Its a reused character and not fun fight.

The others are fresh new.

The base game itself is pretty much using almost all of its enemy designs and location from all Dark Souls games, from how they look, their movesets, the items, etc. The DLC doubles down on this by reusing most of the base game. From Software seems to be immune to this because theyre japanese but they are exactly the same as those you mentioned.

Last edited:

Saber

I don't think being memorable is the problem. Messmer in specific is one of best fights.

The problem is that most of them are not fun to play, probably because they favor one specific type of play/build and ignore the rest. I have no interest in going to DLC again to fight the likes of Renala botleg, Gaius or Radhan.
And again its not difficulty, otherwise I wouldn't play Bloodborne despite getting my ass wiped on the DLC. Those are bosses that I was glad that was over. If this wasn't a thing they wouldn't have the need to buff npc summons and nerf some bosses starting positions.
Also making you fight Radhan again is incredibly lazy and stupid.

twice i almost beat radahn , but he does the cheap heart stolen move.
such bullshit

Just remember that npc summons increases his already absurd high HP. I suggest you go solo with your spirit ashes and use cheap tricks to sap his hp.

Last edited:

mansoor1980

I don't think being memorable is the problem. Messmer in specific is one of best fights.

The problem is that most of them are not fun to play, probably because they favor one specific type of play/build and ignore the rest. I have no interest in going to DLC again to fight the likes of Renala botleg, Gaius or Radhan.
And again its not difficulty, otherwise I wouldn't play Bloodborne despite getting my ass wiped on the DLC. Those are bosses that I was glad that was over. If this wasn't a thing they wouldn't have the need to buff npc summons and nerf some bosses starting positions.
Also making you fight Radhan again is incredibly lazy and stupid.

Just remember that npc summons increases his already absurd high HP. I suggest you go solo with your spirit ashes and use cheap tricks to sap his hp.
You can use Miquella's rune to remove the symbol in case you got grab once.
got him finally , used verdigris greatshield and sword lance to poke him repeatedly , easily done

pQglOX.gif

garbage boss fight ,he is completely helpless against shield block/spear poke

Last edited:

MagnesD3

Nobody ISNT saying the games you mentioned arent lazy in some way. By FROMSOFT STANDARDS this DLC is a dissapointment and comes off as lazy. Its easily the weakest part of Elden Ring, I still gave it a 9.5 in my criticism of it but Elden Ring is a 10 or 12 so its a big drop in quality. Not to mention just how much money from made from ER to not have them infuse alot of money into it.

Last edited:

Orbital2060

I thought Radahns comeback was brilliant, after riding in on that tiny horse the first time, all messed up and broken down.

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
I thought Radahns comeback was brilliant, after riding in on that tiny horse the first time, all messed up and broken down.
I’m confused why people hate this is the final boss.

It’s exactly what the lore built up to. It allowed the player to fight him without being weakened from scarlet rot , and he’s juiced by Miquella in phase 2.

He’s a load of horse shit, but he is epic. The only character to stand toe to toe with Malenia and live. That’s why the two of them are so difficult.

The only way the final boss would’ve been better is if he had another phase and he jumps on Bayles zombie dragon corpse to have Miquella bring him to life so you have to fight them.

Igon shows up. CURSE YOU STILL BAYLE!!!

Epic.

Fake

Gold Member

Totally disagree. He first fight was super badass and repeating his entrance just for the sake of the fan service is damn stupid.

They could easily change him for Godwhyn using the same stupid premisse of 'just let put some ritual lore stuff'.

Not only is a bad decision, but also affect the base game logic. Radahn was affected by scarlet rot and so he can't use his full force.
Now his true force is incest?

Was even Malenia come at free will to Caelid to get of fragment of the Elden Ring (as all those brothers and sister doing since Marika fate), or was Miquella using his charm to force Malenia to get Radahn into this bs?
Not even this make sense anymore. I prefer stick to the base game logic thank you.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

I’m confused why people hate this is the final boss.

It’s exactly what the lore built up to. It allowed the player to fight him without being weakened from scarlet rot , and he’s juiced by Miquella in phase 2.

He’s a load of horse shit, but he is epic. The only character to stand toe to toe with Malenia and live. That’s why the two of them are so difficult.

The only way the final boss would’ve been better is if he had another phase and he jumps on Bayles zombie dragon corpse to have Miquella bring him to life so you have to fight them.

Igon shows up. CURSE YOU STILL BAYLE!!!

Epic.
After soloing him I did end up enjoying the fight, its super flashy. Hes mostly dissapointing from a lore/artstyle/not godwyn standpoint. Also combat wise his hitboxes needs some tweaking they often feel like dark souls and lack that ER polish, some break rules set up in the game like quake attacks not being jumpable... Also no important ending cutscene is the icing on the cake.

Im almost positive originally we get the Circlet from that Memory and we are intended to place it in that bowl before the Scadutree where Miquellas final act of kindness has him remove the consealing of the shadowlands having it reappear in the middle of the lands between. Similar to the original gameplay trailer.

Last edited:

Arsic

Totally disagree. He first fight was super badass and repeating his entrance just for the sake of the fan service is damn stupid.

They could easily change him for Godwhyn using the same stupid premisse of 'just let put some ritual lore stuff'.

Not only is a bad decision, but also affect the base game logic. Radahn was affected by scarlet rot and so he can't use his full force.
Now his true force is incest?
Huh?

He’s fucked from scarlet rot. When you kill him base game, his soul goes to where Miquella is. He uses Mohgs body to entrap Radahans soul into it. It’s why he has mohgs scratch and fire explosion move in his moveset for example. He is not fighting you of his own free will, and he doesn’t want shit to do with Miquella. He was able to resist his charm/spell… and so Miquella cooked up the plan to have his sister kill him to force him to be his consort. Problem is she couldn’t kill him cuz he’s a big bad dude. So he’s stuck on his donkey with donkey brains from the rot. Forever fighting.

Miquellas power is to basically enslave/charm people to love him and do his bidding. It’s why he tries to grab you twice in that fight so you’ll fall for it too. All of the people in the dlc you meet are bewitched by him.

That’s how he can offer peace for a thousand years- everyone would be under his spell.

Last edited:

Fake

Gold Member
Huh?

He’s fucked from scarlet rot. When you kill him base game, his soul goes to where Miquella is. He uses Mohgs body to entrap Radahans soul into it. It’s why he has mohgs scratch and fire explosion move in his moveset for example.

Miquellas power is to basically enslave/charm people to love him and do his bidding. It’s why he tries to grab you twice in that fight so you’ll fall for it too. All of the people in the dlc you meet are bewitched by him.

That’s how he can offer peace for a thousand years- everyone would be under his spell.

?
I know this. I don't get your point. And don't explain why he just get strong when he is with Miquela.
Radahn without the scarlet rot was suppouse to be a force of nature, but nah.

And read the follow up reply. This also make confusing the reason about Mallenia going all the way to Caelid.

Again, I prefer to stick with the base game lore and pretend the DLC lore doesn't exist.
George R. R. Martin helped a with lore on the base game, so thats maybe explain the loss of some quality in the DLC lore.

Just my two cents. The DLC still do some good, but the base game is the 10/10 here.

Last edited:

MagnesD3

?
I know this. I don't get your point. And don't explain why he just get strong when he is with Miquela.

And read the follow up reply. This also make confusing the reason about Mallenia going all the way to Caelid.

Again, I prefer to stick with the base game lore and pretend the DLC lore doesn't exist.
George R. R. Martin helped a with lore on the base game, so thats maybe explain the loss of some quality in the DLC lore.

Just my two cents. The DLC still do some good, but the base game is the 10/10 here.
The lore is all pulled from the base stories GGRM wrote, Raduan was always intended here unfortunately, its why malenia whispers to Radaun before blooming in the Original Story Trailer. I dont think I would have minded so much if there was more Mohg in Radaun, it would have been incredible if in phase 3 Mohg somehow takes over radauns form or something (awnsback would turn on you midfight lol) or have raduan look more mohgish in general with a combo of gravity and bloodflame. And if the DLC had some form of a Godwyn fight or something lol.

Last edited:

Arsic

?

Your comment was his power comes from incest. It does not.

Now you are saying, the hardest boss in the game and dlc, is not a force of nature?

He’s still not 100% him- different body, and under Miquella spell. So even at say 85%, he’s still a full on fuck wheel of pain.

There’s plenty of lore videos out there to fill the gaps and answer why the trip to Caelid etc.

Lore was, and still remains, tip top.

It even answers more on how these demigods work like that each is split into two it seems. Miquella is also St Trina, Marika and Radagon, Melina and Ranni, etc.

Saber

Read my comment. I literally said he’s a load of horse shit but epic. Both things can be true.

I read very well. I repeat, being a final boss is not an excuse for garbage design. Theres a difference in a boss being difficult and a boss just being annoying/terrible to face. Elden Beast for instance is far from being a difficult boss(tame compared to Radagon), but it doesn't mean its great or "epic" to fight. Its an annoying fight, no wonder they made you use torrent in the fight.

Arsic

I read very well. I repeat, being a final boss is not an excuse for garbage design. Theres a difference in a boss being difficult and a boss just being annoying/terrible to face. Elden Beast for instance is far from being a difficult boss(tame compared to Radagon), but it doesn't mean its great or "epic" to fight. Its an annoying fight, no wonder they made you use torrent in the fight.
I’ve watched people parry the final boss to perfection. It’s sick.

I think phase 2 needed more QA. He isn’t my favorite final boss but I do find him epic.

I think the “best” final boss is something like ringed city final boss. Nothing over the top, epic, and easy to learn. I didn’t have to switch my build for him either.

Bosses like Kos or Consort don’t give the same satisfying feeling.

It’s exactly what the lore built up to.

Its not. This guy was renown for holding the fucking stars and he still needs Miquella to get some holy boost. Even lore wise, the fight was garbage. He's the son of Radagon which btw its queen Marika herself. A master of stars, and gravity and all he does is throw some rocks at you. The hype did not deliver but then again, nothing in the DLC did.

Messmer was in the same boat. Another overhyped boss who initially seems cool, but once you see his laughable buggish second phase and how weak the fight overall was, you just just kinda meh at the whole thing. The serpents missed me like 80% of the time sometimes without even moving and I've seen videos of them bugging completely. Half-assed bosses.

Last edited:
Top Bottom