• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite Dangerous: Horizons |OT| Just scratching the surface

Kiyoshi

If this is still the current default mapping, a whole lot of subtle things actually.

Things that would otherwise be better mapped. E.g.: Silend running without a modifier. Makes it too easy to accidentally drop all shilds when you're in a tight situation. Cycling through fire groups on the stick's base. That's something you might not want to require taking a hand of either stick or throttle.

Tons of functions are not even mapped. Cycling through the target's sub systems. Move the next/previous hostile to the same as general "next and previous" targeting, but with a modifier button. Frees two directions for sub systems. Where's the wing member selection? Wing nav lock? Chaff? Heat sinks? Next system in your route? Flight assist toggle (Edit: I remember that being mapped to the "mouse wheel" click on the throttle, so that might not be the current default config)?

Fair enough, yeah those are some subtle things. I have added a couple of additions to the stick mappings and am using a keyboard in tandem. I hadn't thought of some of those things you mentioned in hindsight. I have an X52-pro though, which is slightly different but it does look similar to that image.

But the standard mappings are a good base to build from. Its definitely not difficult to use, providing you tweak the setup slightly. The main axis are fine, the main buttons and other things like using the UI are intuitive and its actually a joy to use compared to learning with a pad.

I found it really easy to learn with and that's as someone new to HOTAS as I borrowed this kit specifically for Elite. I was initially overwhelmed but it all felt intuitive and its been wonderful to augment my Elite experience with a new control method. The default mappings certainly didn't hinder me, I just tweaked as I went along.

Kard, what is it specifically you're struggling with? Just be aware of some of those things Burny mentioned and you should be OK.

Jedi2016

Is there a daily limit to rank progression missions? Like, it only gives you one advance per day, regardless of your "level"? I ranked up to Marquis today, and it says I'm at 100% to get to Duke, but it's not giving me any new missions. I've gone to a few different Imperial systems, logged out, etc, still nothing.

I wish Federation ranking was this easy, I still don't know what I did to cap out my Imperial points like this.. they're practically throwing rank progression at me in the Empire. They just seem to really like me after I helped wipe out the Emperor's Dawn.

EDIT: Nevermind, I waited like an hour or so and then it appeared. I can buy a Cutter now, if I had the cash.

I did manage to land my FDL on Achenar 3. The landing was.. interesting. The ship is using almost all of its vertical thrust capability just to maintain position. Just the slightest tap on the downward thrusters and your ship plummets to the surface, and it takes 10-15 seconds to come to a stop, even at full vertical thrust. I'm not sure I want to come back here with anything larger. Not really any reason to, though. There are minerals on the surface, but have fun getting at them. The SRV just doesn't have the oomph to actually climb a hill under that kind of gravity, and hunting down those dropped mineral rocks can be a bitch. On the flip side, going airborne really isn't an issue.. the SRV is practically glued to the ground, even going off a steep drop. Your thrusters will lift you off, but the instant you let go, you're back on the ground, and back down hard. Still, I guess it's worth it to say you did it. I wonder if anyone's found a higher-gravity planet yet?

jogu

Is it worth leveling past admiral/duke? As far as i know they dont currently give any bonuses but maybe in future?

Jedi2016

Nothing right now, but I'm going to keep leveling in the Empire until it stops giving me free progression. If that takes me all the way to King, so be it. :)

eviltasan

Are there any pitfalls to getting the £10 steam deal for this game right now given that horizons is out? I've looked at all the flowcharts and still doubting which way is the best value!

Fireblend

Banned
Quick question, just to make sure I got it right: I can upgrade all the parts of my Eagle and then just sell them at no loss when I'm ready to upgrade to a Viper, right?

I have about 2 million right now, which I think is still too low for a Viper, but probably enough to be flying something other than the stock Eagle :p

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Quick question, just to make sure I got it right: I can upgrade all the parts of my Eagle and then just sell them at no loss when I'm ready to upgrade to a Viper, right?

I have about 2 million right now, which I think is still too low for a Viper, but probably enough to be flying something other than the stock Eagle :p

Yes, equipment resells at full price, your ship at 90%. But for 2 million I'd get a Viper, the base model alone is such a huge change/improvement from an Eagle it's worth it. Plus 2 million is still more than enough to buy some solid upgrades. It's not likely you'd even have top internals available to you for sale and they're something you'll have to travel pretty far for to get A ranked equipment for everything. In which time you'll make more and more money to put towards those upgrades.

Playing with FA off really is hard. I have no clue where to place forward and backward thrusters :( I have the feeling they are needed badly for FA off :D

Went to a high res today and managed to kill an Anaconda with FAoff. Later an Eagle crushed my shield and my canope :( Damnit. Why is this so fragile on a Vulture...

Oh and Isinona is such a crazy guy:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KUbV3Zq62BA

Jedi2016

I'm pretty sure they tweaked the numbers on modules a few months ago, so they take the same 10% loss as selling a ship. I know a bunch of people were pissed about it, especially for the high-dollar stuff, I'm not sure what ever came of it.

LooseLips

Are there any pitfalls to getting the £10 steam deal for this game right now given that horizons is out? I've looked at all the flowcharts and still doubting which way is the best value!

As far as I understand: Buying Horizons gets you BOTH (base game and expansion) for one price. Whereas buying JUST the base game will mean, should you want to (and you really should to enjoy it to its fullest potential) you will have to pay full price for the expansion on top of your original purchase.

TLDR: Pay once by buying Horizons, Pay twice if you just buy the base game now and upgrade later.

With all the content added in Horizons, and what will be added, you should think about getting it.

Khilandros

I just got Horizons and a Thrustmaster hotas x, going to have to learn how to fly with it, should be interesting.

I have about 90+ hours playing the base game (mostly npc bounty hunting in RES) with my Viper mk3 and I can't wait to drive around in the SRV. I suppose I should hook up my Xbox one controller for driving.

This game is so fun

Elite on Steam is demanding I download an 8GB patch, is it because of this beauty?

That would be the 64bit version of the original game (once that is done, you can uninstall the 32 bit version via Elite's launcher)

Was cutting this one a bit close to the Horizon...

0pMVH1K.jpg

Dizzy-4U

Won my first 1v1 fight against a Python with my Viper. 2% left in the hull. I think I did pretty well.

I swear it must have had like 3 shield boosters or something. It took foreeeever to take those shields down.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
I'm pretty sure they tweaked the numbers on modules a few months ago, so they take the same 10% loss as selling a ship. I know a bunch of people were pissed about it, especially for the high-dollar stuff, I'm not sure what ever came of it.

They did fairly briefly a few months ago but they quickly put it back after the immense outcry on the forums about it. Modules still currently sell at 100% of the purchase cost. Whether or not it someday changes in the future is anyone's guess...

Nothing right now, but I'm going to keep leveling in the Empire until it stops giving me free progression. If that takes me all the way to King, so be it. :)
Where are you leveling? Or rather, how? I did like three hours just focused on rank and doing missions that weren't broke and barely moved.. I'm the opposite, have the money but no rank!

BigTnaples

Todd Howard's Secret GAF Account
So I ordered a Steam Controller on Steam.

When that arrives, I will probably pick up Horizons.

What is the easiest way to get the Steam Controller working with horizons in such a way I don't need to use my KB&M at all.

Also, what performance can I expect from this game playing at 4K?

SLI 970 FTW's
16GB Ram
W10

Kiyoshi

Where are you leveling? Or rather, how? I did like three hours just focused on rank and doing missions that weren't broke and barely moved.. I'm the opposite, have the money but no rank!

It's slow. I've played Empire missions for a few evenings now and I've ranked up to Serf, and currently at 40% towards the next rank. I'm roleplaying a do-gooder bounty hunter and courier, so I've been doing a mixture of pirate hunting combat missions when they show up (which are rare in 1.5) which is increasing my rank 2-4% each time; or if none available I'm doing courier or trade missions which usually give a 1-2% increase.

I want to rank up to Baron eventually so I can try out the Clipper, but I'm aware it will take ages. I'm going to experiment with some of the new mission types to keep gameplay interesting, but most of them require you to do something illegal unfortunately.

I'm currently basing out of the Vaka system, which is in conflict. The handy thing here, is that both competing Empire factions give out regular combat bonds missions too, so that's handy as the shooty missions give good rep and in conflict zones its legal to shoot.

Kiyoshi

Well, there are lots of missions I can't take because I don't have cargo capacity, so its swings and roundabouts. You might be closed off from using outposts, but having a large ship will give you access to those extra trade missions anyway.

In fact, I might buy a transporter so I can do some of these. Mix it up a bit. Maybe it's not a bad thing that you do the same (but buy mid range) to help keep things interesting. You can base yourself out of one main system and have multiple ships. Might make it feel like less of a grind.

Kiyoshi

Come to think of it, any large ships I could buy that have good cargo capacity that I can fit good weapons on that don't handle like a dog? I have around 25m in the bank.

Chris_C

My Xbox 360 controller seems to have stopped working on Horizons after uninstalling the base game on Steam. I'm reinstalling the base game to see if that fixes it.

Kiyoshi

I need to fire this up again. I have Horizons and need to play it. Are rovers retroactively added to your ships?

No, you get a planetary landing module automatically which has its own new slot and will be fitted for you already; but you'll need to purchase a planetary vehicle hanger and an SRV if you want to leave your ship.

Dizzy-4U

Got my Vulture. I'm a little short to fully equip it yet but it's performing nicely nonetheless.

Love the engine sound. Bzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Chris_C

Anyone else suddenly run ibti an issue where controller inputs are no longer being detected?

Woke up yesterday to play and my Xbox controller works in the menu but not in game. Mouse buttons also don't seem to work.

A couple other folks in the forums have the same issue. Reinstalled the game but still have the same issue.

hepburn3d

So I ordered a Steam Controller on Steam.

When that arrives, I will probably pick up Horizons.

What is the easiest way to get the Steam Controller working with horizons in such a way I don't need to use my KB&M at all.

SLI 970 FTW's
16GB Ram
W10

Easiest way. Advanced controller 1 option in game. Set up the steam controller like a 360 except have the rear grips as q and e for sideways motion. Then tweak it for personal preference. I have boost on left touch pad and switch the stick with the pad. Then make the stick have a high threshold and large haptic feedback. I push the stick in to switch between FA on off.

Simple really.

Press Steam button and "back" button to bring up keyboard for typing or more options :)

Burny

SLI 970 FTW's
16GB Ram
W10

Stealth bragging? ;)

A friend of mine plays Horizons on a 4k screen with SLI'd 970s, while simultaneously driving at least one other monitor. The performance seems to be good in his case, so you should be fine,

BigTnaples

Easiest way. Advanced controller 1 option in game. Set up the steam controller like a 360 except have the rear grips as q and e for sideways motion. Then tweak it for personal preference. I have boost on left touch pad and switch the stick with the pad. Then make the stick have a high threshold and large haptic feedback. I push the stick in to switch between FA on off.

Simple really.

Press Steam button and "back" button to bring up keyboard for typing or more options :)

Thank you. Pumped to try this out. Haven't tried a legit space sim since Freespace 2.

Stealth bragging? ;)

A friend of mine plays Horizons on a 4k screen with SLI'd 970s, while simultaneously driving at least one other monitor. The performance seems to be good in his case, so you should be fine,

Haha no bragging. Fallout 4 brings my system to its knees, and I have heard about Star Citizen doing the same with monster rigs. (Even Wild Hunt catches my rig off gaurd at 4K sometimes).

Good to hear though. I know the game is using a seasonal model content wise, but are they also changing graphical options/rendering?

I would love to see the game get graphical additions as time goes on. Especially since I have glanced over a few things about the terrain rendering of planets not being ideal?

hepburn3d

Thank you. Pumped to try this out. Haven't tried a legit space sim since Freespace
You can set the gyro to control the freeLook as well. I couldn't figure it a nice setup but bet it would work well after some tweaking.

I use Joystick Move on both pads rather than Joystick look. I also use the 'relaxed setting' so I can little movements easily and hold my thumbs for continuous movement. I use a steam link as well. So great to go to bed and carry on playing. Even over wifi though I have to have auto dock as if there's any lag it's dangerous

fred

Bought myself a Vulture the other week and it's awesome. My Cobra Mark III is now gathering dust in a space station somewhere, think I might flog it.

Also got the Black Friday paint jobs when I pre-ordered Horizons and the Cobra and Vulture look awesome in black.

Am thinking about getting a HOTAS at some point but it's going to be weird playing without a keyboard, I've been using a keyboard to play Elite since 1984 lol

Jedi2016

I have no idea where it came from. It happened right after the CG in Kausayla, the one with the Emperor's Dawn. I killed a bunch of them and suddenly started getting Ascension missions practically every time I went to Imperial space. I imagine it was a glitch in how the faction "points" were tallied up for the kills I was making, it ended up giving me enough points to level from Knight to Prince (finally capped out last night, I'm at 51%).

The ironic part is that I never do anything for the Empire. I'm still Neutral with them, and never bothered doing any missions for them purely out of principle, what with the slavery and all. I don't like their society, but I like their ships.. hehe. My Federation ranking is just like everyone else, though.. slow grind through Chief Petty Officer, I'm a looong way off from being able to buy a Corvette.

Honestly, when the time comes to get a large ship, I'll probably just stick with an Anaconda. Just looking at the numbers, it's actually better armed than either the Corvette or the Cutter, and seems like it would work a lot better as a pure combat ship.

I'm using a X52pro for playing and while trying to get FA off skills I came to the point I do need the forwards and backwards thrusters as well. (neglected them so far because I can use throttle for this. It's fucked up in FA off though.

I do use the vertical and horizontal axis on one of the hats (the one on the throttle) but I have no idea where to put forward and backward thrusters :/

help! :D

I have no idea where it came from. It happened right after the CG in Kausayla, the one with the Emperor's Dawn. I killed a bunch of them and suddenly started getting Ascension missions practically every time I went to Imperial space. I imagine it was a glitch in how the faction "points" were tallied up for the kills I was making, it ended up giving me enough points to level from Knight to Prince (finally capped out last night, I'm at 51%).

The ironic part is that I never do anything for the Empire. I'm still Neutral with them, and never bothered doing any missions for them purely out of principle, what with the slavery and all. I don't like their society, but I like their ships.. hehe. My Federation ranking is just like everyone else, though.. slow grind through Chief Petty Officer, I'm a looong way off from being able to buy a Corvette.

Honestly, when the time comes to get a large ship, I'll probably just stick with an Anaconda. Just looking at the numbers, it's actually better armed than either the Corvette or the Cutter, and seems like it would work a lot better as a pure combat ship.
Ah, interesting. Wish I had that glitch, lol.

As for the Conda, it is fun, you can load it up with anything it seems. I'm basically looking for a trader though and the Cutter seems to be that.

Eh, I went ahead and bought some upgrades for the Eagle. I want to stick with it a bit more before I move on.
Frankly the medium mounts for weapons makes for a massive upgrade in damage. The only thing you'll miss is the insane maneuverability of the Eagle; the Viper's good but obviously a more massive ship so not as hummingbird-like. :)

fred

Have got A rated modules in my Vulture on all modules apart from Thrusters. Have now graduated from bog standard Resource Extraction Sites to High Intensity Resource Extraction Sites. Much more lucrative! I've come a very long way since that fateful day when, not knowing any better lol, I decided to pop into a High Intensity Resource Extraction Site with my bog standard Sidey and got my ship torn in half in a matter of seconds lmfao

BigTnaples

I caved in and bought Horizons and a Steam Comtroller today.

Installing now.

Any tips for an absolute beginner?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
Have got A rated modules in my Vulture on all modules apart from Thrusters. Have now graduated from bog standard Resource Extraction Sites to High Intensity Resource Extraction Sites. Much more lucrative! I've come a very long way since that fateful day when, not knowing any better lol, I decided to pop into a High Intensity Resource Extraction Site with my bog standard Sidey and got my ship torn in half in a matter of seconds lmfao

I've been crashing HRES sites since I got my Vulture. Had a few close calls, but man talk about a money farm. Easily 1 million in like 30-45 minutes depending on spawns.

I just upgraded it fully to A rated modules save for thrusters like you. I'm not a huge fan of my weapon setup though. Pulse Lasers feel too weak and Beam Lasers drain way too fast. Might try a Plasma Accelerator and Multi-cannon combo or maybe Burst Laser/Cannon combo. Either way I'm going to the Hazardous RES site in the same system as my High Intensity RES site and see how it compares to High.

Dizzy-4U

I've been crashing HRES sites since I got my Vulture. Had a few close calls, but man talk about a money farm. Easily 1 million in like 30-45 minutes depending on spawns.

I just upgraded it fully to A rated modules save for thrusters like you. I'm not a huge fan of my weapon setup though. Pulse Lasers feel too weak and Beam Lasers drain way too fast. Might try a Plasma Accelerator and Multi-cannon combo or maybe Burst Laser/Cannon combo. Either way I'm going to the Hazardous RES site in the same system as my High Intensity RES site and see how it compares to High.
I'm running pulse lasers at the moment and have no complaints really. Targeting the power plant of the Anaconda / Python / Clipper finish them off a lot faster. Their hull gets down to 60% and they blow up.

Installing now.

There are a lot of great beginner tutorials on youtube. I followed ObsidianAnt guides and learned almost everything there was to know in one day.

Burny

Aside from doing the tutorials, get out of your starting ship asap!

Ignore missions at the beginning, unless they give you the cargo and want you to deliver it somewhere! Even those may be hard/impossible to do, if your starting ship doesn't have the jump range.

Instead, go to the system's nav point or a RES (resource extraction site, usually found in rocky/metallic asteroid rings), scan all ships and help the system security kill the wanted ones (you get all the bounty if you did enough damage). Deliver the bounties at a stations for some nice profits.

fred

Installing now.

Yup. Start off by doing missions from the Bulletin Board in Space Stations. And do lots of them. Cargo runs and data runs are the easiest to do because you don't have to buy anything. Once you've made a good few credits you can start equipping your Sidey with better stuff. Start off by getting better Shields then better weapons - BUT DO THIS GRADUALLY AND MAKE SURE YOU HAVE ENOUGH MONEY TO AFFORD TO LOSE AT LEAST 5 SHIPS.

As you pimp up your ship your insurance cost will rise, the insurance cost for the Sidey you start off with is 0 credits...because it's a pile of old pants lol. As you start replacing the loaned modules your insurance cost will go up, it's 5% of your ship's total value.

I'd suggest Shields->Weapons->Power Distributor->Power Supply->FSD.

Make sure you also work through the Tutorials a few times too, particularly the combat ones.

If you don't fancy doing the missions you can do things 'old-school' and just start trading and bounty hunting. For trading look for stuff in the Commodities Market that's high supply because it's going to be cheaper to buy and then have a look at the Galaxy Map and find a system that imports stuff you've just bought, jump over there, dock with a space station and flog it for profit.

For bounty hunting you can combine that with any missions or trading you're doing. As you're in Supercruise in space and have your destination locked make sure you're flying to the center of it, press 1 to switch to your screen that shows what's in the system and scroll to the top if you're not there already, then wait for Unidentified Signal Sources to show up (don't worry about Weak Signal Sources, Strong Signal Sources, Distress Signals and Combat Zones for now!). When you see one highlight it using W and S to move up and down and press Space, then select Lock Destination.

That's going to switch focus on your radar from the place you were flying to to the USS. Make sure your speed is in the middle of the blue zone and head towards it. Your ship will automatically adjust its speed and once it has slowed enough and is close enough you'll see a prompt saying 'Safe Disengage Ready', then jump out of Supercruise. Have a look at the scanner and see how many ships there are:

If there's just one press G to target the ship, press U to deploy your weapons (but DON'T FIRE YET!) and manoeuvre your ship so that you have him in your sights. Wait for your sensors to scan the ship. You'll see a picture of his ship next to your scanner and if he's WANTED or LAWLESS in red open fire, if he's Clean then DO NOT FIRE UNLESS HE FIRES AND HITS YOU FIRST.

If there's more than one chances are that one is a pirate and one or more is the Police/Feds, make sure you don't fire at the wrong one(s). Usually the pirate will say something 'piratey' like telling you to surrender your cargo. Just repeat what I've said above. If there's more than one pirate then switch power to engines and press Tab to boost away then press the Supercruise or Hyperspace key, although to hyperspace you'll need a destination first.

Hope that helps, it's nearly 3am and I'm a bit tired so hopefully I've made sense lol

Edit: Knew I'd forget a few things. Don't be in such a hurry to get rid of your Sidey. As well as having enough money to buy a new ship you'll also need a little extra to be able to afford the insurance, pimp your new ship a bit more and buy cargo if you're going to be trading.

Buying a new ship without having extra money handy will make you bankrupt if your ship gets blown to pieces!

And with Resource Extraction Sites make sure you start off with Low Intensity ones to begin with!

Chris_C

Installing now.

As a recent "absolute beginner" myself, here's my advice:

- As has been stated, watch the ObsidianAnt tutorial.
- Take the time to set up a control scheme that works for you. It's frustrating because you just want to get in and play, but it pays dividends.
- Don't worry about crashing and destroying your starting ship, it's free (unless you apply upgrades, then there's a minimal rebuy cost)
- When you start out, only take on missions that ask you to ferry LEGAL cargo from point A to B. I made the mistake of taking on illicit cargo missions starting out and naturally got caught and fined.
- Once you've saved up about 10K, consider getting some basic upgrades for your Sidewinder, like a better power supply, shields or distributor.
- The fastest way to earn Cr as a beginner is bounty hunting (at least in my experience). Find a low risk Resource Extraction Site (RES) near a ringed planet (rocky or metallic) and stick close to the Security patrol ships. Fly around for a bit, scan nearby ships till you find a bounty. Try not to take on much larger ships at this stage. You'll get help from the local security once you identify bounties. Try not to hit any other ships in the crossfire.
- Once you've got a bounty, head back to the system's station/outpost to get paid, it doesn't happen automatically.

This part is entirely up to you and your play style, but my goal is to get a Sol System permit, visit, then head out to uncharted space. After saving up 1MCr, I got an Adder and have upgraded it nicely. When I've saved up about 10MCr, I'll get an Asp Explorer, which I plan to use on my journeys. The Adder is a great all-round ship, a decent dogfighter, cargo hauler and great for long range explroation too.

Jedi2016

And with Resource Extraction Sites make sure you start off with Low Intensity ones to begin with!
With any RES, don't pick a fight unless you know you can win. The good thing about them is that the pirates won't attack you unless you attack first, which gives you time between fights to recharge shields, etc.

In anything except a Hazardous RES, there will probably be local security ships. Enemy ships will aggro onto whoever attacks them first, so if you wait for local security to engage your target, they may never actually fire a shot at you depending on how quickly you're able to dispatch them. That's not a hard and fast rule, though, so don't go picking a fight with a Python, Clipper, or heaven forbid an Anaconda in your Sidewinder.. if they decide you're a threat, they'll vaporize your ship in a hot second. But that technique is how I handle enemy wings that I know I can't take myself (Anaconda with a pair of Federal Dropships, for example), I'll wait for the Feds to attack, and then I'll immediately engage the two wingmen and take them out of the picture one at a time (they're more interested in fighting the person attacking their leader), then focus my attention on the leader. If no local security is around, or you're in a Hazardous RES, then you'll have to be able to soak up three or four ships worth of damage while you take them out one at a time. This morning I took my FDL up against a Clipper and two Vultures without Fed help, and they managed to get me down to one ring of shields. But that's with Class-A shields and six shield boosters. I rely heavily on those nigh-unbreakable shields, but when they go down, I've got to bug out fast since I'm probably up against multiple baddies and I just lost my main advantage.

Right now, that's my main moneymaker, but I'm also doing it for the Community Goals for racking up bounty kills.

Bear in mind that, as a newcomer, you'll actually be doing the same thing us "late-game" players are doing, just on a smaller scale. Bounty hunting is bounty hunting, just always pick on someone your own size (or smaller). Trading is trading, start small and work you way up to a ship that can carry more cargo. Ditto for mining. About the only profession that has any real up-front investment is exploration, at least if you're going long distance. There's certain things you'll definitely want to have when you're too far away from human-occupied space to be able to do things like refuel or repair. Luckily, there's several different ships to choose from now instead of just the Asp Explorer (which I think is still generally considered the best all-rounder for exploration, but it's also the most expensive).

Remember we all started in a Sidewinder. Pick your path and go. I started in trading myself, now I do mostly combat and exploration. I'm actually looking for a change of pace right now, I'm thinking of taking my Asp on a short exploration trip outside the bubble to look for hot mining sites, and then buying a mining ship to see how it feels. And no, we're not all super-rich, either.. lol. Yes, I can buy a new ship pretty much any time I want now, but it'll be a small ship. Probably buy a Type-6 (my third, I think) for mining, but if I like it, I'll have to save up for something much bigger to really make it profitable.

Man, I need to switch gears and get a smaller ship and just do some ranking up. This is going to be a long haul to get the rank needed.

Top Bottom