• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shifty76

That's supposed be a paid expansion though, and I get a feeling it might segregate the user base, however, I cannot wait for it regardless! Really hope it won't be too far off.

By the way what part do I need to scan for resource areas and nav beacons? I'm near an anarchy system that I'd love to go hunting in but I can't find anything after flying for ages. One planet so far and nothing else but a couple of clean pilots.
No part needed. If its an unpopulated system there won't be either of those hunting locations. RES sites are at populated systems with ringed planets and/or asteroid belts.

@sarcasm: Might need a bigger FSD that hold more jump fuel, for lack of a better term.

Faith

I can't find my bloody ASP! I left it somewhere around Gliese 868, but the Shipyard & Galaxy map say that my ASP is in Gliese 868. But it's not! I left it somewhere (max. 35LY away) in a high-tech system. My Viper (in Tarach Tor) is also displayed in a wrong location.

What do I do?

No part needed. If its an unpopulated system there won't be either of those hunting locations. RES sites are at populated systems with ringed planets and/or asteroid belts.

@sarcasm: Might need a bigger FSD that hold more jump fuel, for lack of a better term.

Ah ok. Well I've been stuck around Eravate for an eternity. Only just recently earned my first decent payload but haven't seen anything else as of yet. So Is there a way to tell which anarchy systems are populated? So far the only ones I've found have been completely barren.

MisterMac

I bought this game after seeing this thread yesterday. I don't know what I'm doing guys :(

Welcome to Elite: Dangerous Commander, get used to that feeling. The game offers exactly zero direction and you have to set your own goals and pursue what you enjoy. The #1 Starting tip I can give you is make sure you are pointed in the right direction when you land. You should always be facing the control tower and your tail should face the black/yellow blast plate. Pay attention when you launch and you'll see the plate I'm talking about.

After that, gotta decide what you wanna do and how you wanna work towards. Currently the only means of progression is making money and buying bigger and better ships. The two best ways to do this starting out in your Sidewinder are checking the bulletin boards at stations and taking those missions. To start, I would only take cargo missions that just require you to haul something from point a to point b, not source and deliver cargo. That will let you focus on learning supercruise/docking/etc.

When you get the hang of that, any missions asking for Rebel Transmissions or a Black Box will be a logical step to pursue. These require you to go to the system the mission mentions and flying around it in Supercruise until Unidentified Signal Sources appear, head to these and drop out of supercruise and you have a chance of finding your mission objective.

This will require you sneaking into the stations, how I do this is line up with the entrance about 10k-12k km away, turn off all my modules and get my heat as low as possible, then bring my thrusters and sensors up, fly in and activate silent running, request docking at 7.5k km out, and fire heat sinks(you'll need to buy a heat sink module for this)to purge heat as I get in close.

In between doing these types of missions I'd recommend hitting Nav Points or Resource Extraction Zones, these will pop up as destinations in the system when you fly around in Supercruise. At these locations you can scan all ships and find ones that are marked "Wanted" and practice dogfighting and get a feel for the games combat. Just be very careful and make sure your shots only hit wanted targets or things will get hairy.

At that point when you are feeling comfortable taking missions and collecting bounties you can branch out, do missions requiring you to source supplies for a station(Station A needs Resource A, but you must find a station selling Resource A and buy and deliver it to Station A), I use Thrudd's trading tool to find nearbye systems selling what the mission requires. This is also a good way to start trading, as you use Thrudd's tool to find a good route and run it. Buy X at Station A, fly to Station B and sell X, buy Z from Station B and fly to Station A and sell Z, repeat.

Once you have money flowing in, decide an upgrade path. The traditional upgrade path I have seen is Sidewinder>Hauler/Adder(You can skip one of these or if you like trading)>Viper/Cobra>Hahahhahaha I haven't made enough money to get further.

If you like trading which is a great way to make money fast, look for ships with huge cargo holds, typically the Lakon brand. I upgraded to the Adder which is okay at everything but good at nothing and then went to the Cobra, which is a combat capable ship with ample storage. If you really like combat you should save for a Viper ASAP as that will serve you very well in all combat endeavors

I've been focusing on trading since I started playing. I eventually would like to eventually branch out to combat based missions and bounties. I'm currently flying a Adder but I have more than enough to buy a Cobra Mk. III. What's my best bet for moving on to bounty hunting? Buy the Cobra MK III and outfit it for combat or buy the Cobra and continue saving for a second combat focused ship?

RK9039

I've been focusing on trading since I started playing. I eventually would like to eventually branch out to combat based missions and bounties. I'm currently flying a Adder but I have more than enough to buy a Cobra Mk. III. What's my best bet for moving on to bounty hunting? Buy the Cobra MK III and outfit it for combat or buy the Cobra and continue saving for a second combat focused ship?

Cobra is pretty good for bounty hunting, I tried it out but then turned it into a cargo ship before getting myself a Lakon 6 (I think even for trading the Cobra is the next one up from the Adder). It's definitely a good ship to do a bit of bounty hunting.

I'm currently in an ASP, this thing is also really good for bounty hunting but it might be awhile before you make the jump for that.

Ok Thanks. Cobra it is. Just bought it and while I actually liked the shuttle like look of the Adder, I won't miss the tight view from the cockpit.

so i took a little road trip down to Dulos after reading on GalNet that they wanted to recede from the Federation. figured i'd go down to see what the fuss is about.

when i got there and checked the system status, i saw that one station was in a pending state of civil war with another station. i started running missions for one of them until i got to friendly status, but i've been here for a couple days now and there is just nothing happening. plus it's out in the space boonies so there isn't much else to see in the area unless i reoutfit for scanning systems.

should i even bother waiting for the civil war to pop or should i just go some place else? where is the most multiplayer stuff happening? feel like galnet screwed me on this :lol

Shifty76

So even though the target is 16.1 LY away and my FSD says I can jump almost 18LY..I still need a bigger FSD?
Assuming you have full fuel and can make that jump fully laden, quite possibly. Do you get the msg about max fuel usage insufficient to make the jump? I have a B5 FSD on my clipper with a max jump range of 13 ly but can only jump 11 as that's the max that my FSD can handle in terms of fuel use.

Shifty76

Ok Thanks. Cobra it is. Just bought it and while I actually liked the shuttle like look of the Adder, I won't miss the tight view from the cockpit.

For pure bounty hunting you can't beat a viper...at least, not on a budget anyway. Cobra is far more versatile if you decide you do want to do something else at some point though.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Welcome to Elite: Dangerous Commander, get used to that feeling. The game offers exactly zero direction and you have to set your own goals and pursue what you enjoy. The #1 Starting tip I can give you is make sure you are pointed in the right direction when you land. You should always be facing the control tower and your tail should face the black/yellow blast plate. Pay attention when you launch and you'll see the plate I'm talking about.

After that, gotta decide what you wanna do and how you wanna work towards. Currently the only means of progression is making money and buying bigger and better ships. The two best ways to do this starting out in your Sidewinder are checking the bulletin boards at stations and taking those missions. To start, I would only take cargo missions that just require you to haul something from point a to point b, not source and deliver cargo. That will let you focus on learning supercruise/docking/etc.

When you get the hang of that, any missions asking for Rebel Transmissions or a Black Box will be a logical step to pursue. These require you to go to the system the mission mentions and flying around it in Supercruise until Unidentified Signal Sources appear, head to these and drop out of supercruise and you have a chance of finding your mission objective.

This will require you sneaking into the stations, how I do this is line up with the entrance about 10k-12k km away, turn off all my modules and get my heat as low as possible, then bring my thrusters and sensors up, fly in and activate silent running, request docking at 7.5k km out, and fire heat sinks(you'll need to buy a heat sink module for this)to purge heat as I get in close.

In between doing these types of missions I'd recommend hitting Nav Points or Resource Extraction Zones, these will pop up as destinations in the system when you fly around in Supercruise. At these locations you can scan all ships and find ones that are marked "Wanted" and practice dogfighting and get a feel for the games combat. Just be very careful and make sure your shots only hit wanted targets or things will get hairy.

At that point when you are feeling comfortable taking missions and collecting bounties you can branch out, do missions requiring you to source supplies for a station(Station A needs Resource A, but you must find a station selling Resource A and buy and deliver it to Station A), I use Thrudd's trading tool to find nearbye systems selling what the mission requires. This is also a good way to start trading, as you use Thrudd's tool to find a good route and run it. Buy X at Station A, fly to Station B and sell X, buy Z from Station B and fly to Station A and sell Z, repeat.

Once you have money flowing in, decide an upgrade path. The traditional upgrade path I have seen is Sidewinder>Hauler/Adder(You can skip one of these or if you like trading)>Viper/Cobra>Hahahhahaha I haven't made enough money to get further.

If you like trading which is a great way to make money fast, look for ships with huge cargo holds, typically the Lakon brand. I upgraded to the Adder which is okay at everything but good at nothing and then went to the Cobra, which is a combat capable ship with ample storage. If you really like combat you should save for a Viper ASAP as that will serve you very well in all combat endeavors

Thanks for the info. You're spot on about the docking. Couldn't figure out why my ship wasn't docking. At first I felt like I had just pissed away $70CDN, but I'm now getting the hang of it, and the game is pretty fun.

Filing this game under "buggy piece of shit".

After doing the combat training missions up through Wingman, I switched down to the Launching training. After selecting "Return to Surface" and "Launch" I get a check list that I have to go through. After completely all the checklists (except for the engine ones which give a bzzt sound), it still wants me to do more. Unfortunately it's disabled my UI Mode. I have no way of interacting with it, as pressing UI mode just brings up an explanation of what UI Mode is. At this point I'm stuck, have no idea what to do, and the tutorial isn't explaining anything.

I hit restart training and this time I don't even have the menu at the bottom, just the view of my ship, which I can't interact with.

Exit to menu and come back into training and I now have the menu, and I notice UI mode is working again. Go back to surface, go to launch check-list, and the same damn thing happens again and I've got no idea what to do and punching random keys is doing nothing.

Went on the forums to post and 30 minutes later, after going through 500 captchas between registration and posting, I finally got a thread in the New Player section, but it's badly formatted because I can't fucking edit my previous post to add in new information.

This shit is just a mess from top to bottom.

GrizzNKev

Banned
Filing this game under "buggy piece of shit".

After doing the combat training missions up through Wingman, I switched down to the Launching training. After selecting "Return to Surface" and "Launch" I get a check list that I have to go through. After completely all the checklists (except for the engine ones which give a bzzt sound), it still wants me to do more. Unfortunately it's disabled my UI Mode. I have no way of interacting with it, as pressing UI mode just brings up an explanation of what UI Mode is. At this point I'm stuck, have no idea what to do, and the tutorial isn't explaining anything.

I hit restart training and this time I don't even have the menu at the bottom, just the view of my ship, which I can't interact with.

Exit to menu and come back into training and I now have the menu, and I notice UI mode is working again. Go back to surface, go to launch check-list, and the same damn thing happens again and I've got no idea what to do and punching random keys is doing nothing.

Went on the forums to post and 30 minutes later, after going through 500 captchas between registration and posting, I finally got a thread in the New Player section, but it's badly formatted because I can't fucking edit my previous post to add in new information.

This shit is just a mess from top to bottom.

Just forget the pre-flight checklist. It's really not necessary.

Just forget the pre-flight checklist. It's really not necessary.

Apparently Frontier thought so too since I've encountered two game-breaking bugs within 2 minutes of trying it.

How else am I going to practice launching? Or do I need to do it live and pray for the best?

kudoboi

Apparently Frontier thought so too since I've encountered two game-breaking bugs within 2 minutes of trying it.

How else am I going to practice launching? Or do I need to do it live and pray for the best?

I just did the latter. You will get the hang of it after 1 or 2 deliveries.

bj00rn_

Banned
Tried selecting them via your nav panel?
I've fully scanned systems with 60+ objects without issue. You do need to be close (5 ls or so) for small things like asteroid belts and some moons.

Interesting.. But tried that, I even slammed myself into orbit space of an unexplorable planet filling my entire FOV (constantly trying to lock on in Supercruise until that, using my discovery scanner), it didn't help. No lock, no nothing (except the "Impact" sign lights up). It's weird.

Sarcasm

yeah it is. and it is very simple. you don't need any training really. i got the hang of it within a minute. the game even warns you if you did not deploy the landing gear etc

Okay that is why I did a double take. my landings are pro and I use KBM (helps to have voice attack).

GeoGonzo

How do I find better weapons? It seems a lot of the cheaper weapons I can buy are worse than my sidewinder default guns. :
Better weapons for the sidewinder? There's pretty much nothing better than the pulse lasers you start with.

You'd need a ship with class 2 weapons before getting something better (probably something kinetic to destroy hulls).

Willectro

Banned
Well this thread convinced me to pick up the game (thank you). I only had time last night to play the single player training missions, but even those were pretty impressive. The combat seems quite tense and I thought it was pretty crazy when my cockpit was severely damaged and the oxygen reserve engaged.

I was worried that this game would be too similar to Star Citizen to warrant owning both, but that's clearly not going to be an issue.

Now - to learn how to play, lol.

Faith

I had my first accident in my ASP today. Crashed into the wall of a station while trying to leave it. Thank god I didn't explode, hull down to 34%. Repair costs were 130.000 CR.

Painful lesson to be more careful in stations :p

I had my first accident in my ASP today. Crashed into the wall of a station while trying to leave it. Thank god I didn't explode, hull down to 34%. Repair costs were 130.000 CR.

I've gotten into a bad habit of flying way too fast out of the stations and yesterday I rammed an incoming ship with my Adder and my hull health was left at exactly 1%. I've been much more careful to check if other ships are entering the station as I leave.

bsod

Banned
I've gotten into a bad habit of flying way too fast out of the stations and yesterday I rammed an incoming ship with my Adder and my hull health was left at exactly 1%. I've been much more careful to check if other ships are entering the station as I leave.

I'm pretty sure there are lanes in the station's opening and you need to stay on the side with the green lights to prevent ramming into incoming ships.

kvk1

Kitted out the Hauler for max cargo space.

No weapons, no shields. Open play.

Living dangerously. ELITE DANGEROUSLY.

Look forward to my future post whining about how I lost everything to a pirate and somehow it's all FD's fault.

Willectro

Banned

When I was playing the training and screwing around I crashed into another ship 2 separate times and got stuck inside the other ship both times. Is this a bug?

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
1.06 update notes:

Hi everyone,

update 1.06 is incoming at 11am GMT. Everyone will be taken off the servers at this time while the update is applied. We should be live again within 30 minutes, so 11.30am GMT. Here's the client and server change log:

Client Changes
- Make sure that station doors do not kill players in stations
- Stability fix for memory allocation on textures
- Prevent recycling of the mission list so the same mission cannot be taken over and over again
- Fix for matchmaking in private groups
- Add more telemetry to continue investigation on why some resourses don't load on some machines
- Add more telemetry for player collisions
- Some mission text fixes

Server Changes
- Memory optimisations for scenario handling
- Improvements to space station news generated from background simulation events
- No longer treat commodities as prohibited in the system map or on trade route data for space stations that have temporarily declared them legal
- Fix a bug that sometimes prevented a starsystem's government type and major faction allegiance changing
- System change queues no longer stall
- Fixed issue with influence from a faction from a different system not being applied to the correct system
- Added a safety net so that permits awarded on faction ranks (Imperial and Federal) will be forcibly added at the rank above if the player hasn't been able to access the mission for whatever reason

Thanks!

Michael

Ok screw it, I'm out. After finally finding a decent place to bounty hunt after searching for 3 days I managed to work up about 100k in 2 hours. Sure that sucks since everyone else is pulling 2 million an hour but it's a lot better than the 16k I made in 3 days. So then just as i'm about to cash in my ship gets blown up by 3 madman pirates and the feds do bugger all to help........and apparently that wipes all my vouchers too? So now I'm back to square one with zero desire to go through all that crap again.

This is my last ditch attempt to salvage any sense of fun out of this game later tonight so if anyone knows a good way to get going financially with a sidewinder that doesn't involve hovering around a RES until I get bombarded please feel free to let me know, because at this point I'm completely done with dogfighting and on the verge of shelving it all together.

I should note, I'm ok with my losing my gear once in a while, but not every damn time I'm about to actually make progress which has been my luck so far.

GeoGonzo

Ok screw it, I'm out. After finally finding a decent place to bounty hunt after searching for 3 days I managed to work up about 100k in 2 hours. Sure that sucks since everyone else is pulling 2 million an hour but it's a lot better than the 16k I made in 3 days. So then just as i'm about to cash in my ship gets blown up by 3 madman pirates and the feds do bugger all to help........and apparently that wipes all my vouchers too? So now I'm back to square one with zero desire to go through all that crap again.

This is my last ditch attempt to salvage any sense of fun out of this game later tonight so if anyone knows a good way to get going financially with a sidewinder that doesn't involve hovering around a RES until I get bombarded please feel free to let me know, because at this point I'm completely done with dogfighting and on the verge of shelving it all together.

I should note, I'm ok with my losing my gear once in a while, but not every damn time I'm about to actually make progress which has been my luck so far.

With the disclaimer that this may simply not be a game for you, let me say I don't think you're approaching this with the right attitude. Yes, some people make millions per hour. But these people have played dozens of hours and have expensive ships outfitted por precisely that. If you want to simply SKIP the grind I could just drop some cargo near you and then you could go straight to buying a Cobra, but if you are done with dogfighting... then you'd still have another grind ahead of you.

And you may think you've had bad luck but... i think the game is kind of like that? Probably most players have stories about losing a ton of credits due to "bad luck" or poor choices (I know I do!).

With the disclaimer that this may simply not be a game for you, let me say I don't think you're approaching this with the right attitude. Yes, some people make millions per hour. But these people have played dozens of hours and have expensive ships outfitted por precisely that. If you want to simply SKIP the grind I could just drop some cargo near you and then you could go straight to buying a Cobra, but if you are done with dogfighting... then you'd still have another grind ahead of you.

And you may think you've had bad luck but... i think the game is kind of like that? Probably most players have stories about losing a ton of credits due to "bad luck" or poor choices (I know I do!).

Honestly losing the credits doesn't bother me so much as I feel the method doesn't make sense. For instance I don't know the story behind how my ship auto registers that I collect a bounty, but I don't see why that bounty would then be deleted just because my ship got blown up. I mean I still killed them, it's not like I lost my cargo or anything, so I guess that's what really annoyed me since I wasn't expecting to load up empty handed afterwards.

I guess I just want a change of pace to grind on after having a really sour start. I mean I've been playing for at least 20 hours now and I'm still under 20k. I suppose I've found a place I can get some cash to finally buy another ship, but after last time I dunno if it's worth the risk. I mean the feds were even happy to shoot me whilst trying to hit the pirates, but at the same time I can;t really try anything but fighting to make money with this crappy little sidewinder :/

Strange thing is in Beta I had myself a nice new ship in no time, now I can't seem to last long enough to get anything, and I've got a hell of a lot better at actually dogfighting since then too.

Shifty76

I'm pretty sure there are lanes in the station's opening and you need to stay on the side with the green lights to prevent ramming into incoming ships.

Hell with that. Full power to shields and boost on while flying straight through the middle is the correct way to do things.

If those smaller ships don't want to be splats on the windshield of my clipper they can get the hell out of my way :D

Danj

I could just drop some cargo near you and then you could go straight to buying a Cobra

I'm curious, is that a thing that's possible? I thought all dropped cargo automatically got marked as "stolen" if you pick it up? I have a couple of friends playing this and it would really help them if I could front them some credits.

Shifty76

I'm curious, is that a thing that's possible? I thought all dropped cargo automatically got marked as "stolen" if you pick it up? I have a couple of friends playing this and it would really help them if I could front them some credits.
Use the jettison (abandon) option.

MisterMac

When you jettison cargo there is are two options, selecting the one called "Abandon" doesn't mark it as contraband

bj00rn_

Banned
my hull health was left at exactly 1%

That reminds me; I had one of those "only one second left on the bomb-timer" scenarios in E:D here the other day.

I was hunting for bounties in an Resource Extraction Site when I was almost shot out of the sky by a pirate. My cockpit window was blown out and I had just a few percent in hull integrity left. Still, I was greedy enough to disregard the oxygen countdown timer to try to finish off the pirate for the credits.. Heh, I'm playing in VR so I had to stretch myself out of my chair so that I could see the a part of the targeting system HUD in the small piece of cockpit glass that was left... I managed to finish off the pirate, but by that time I was almost out of oxygen.. I panicked but managed to get myself into supercruise and headed for the nearest station. ...So I reached the station literally with 2 seconds left on the counter.. It was INTENSE - And exciting..

I'm on the verge of ordering either a Saitek X52 for $130 or a Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino for $190. I'm leaning towards the X52 because the number one complaint I'm seeing for both is build quality and being out $130 for a broken stick is a little easier to swallow than $190. Any advice? I wanted to go with CH Products but I'm seeing software issue with Windows 8.1 and availability and price are a problem.

bj00rn_

Banned
I'm on the verge of ordering either a Saitek X52 for $130 or a Saitek Pro Flight X-55 Rhino for $190. I'm leaning towards the X52 because the number one complaint I'm seeing for both is build quality and being out $130 for a broken stick is a little easier to swallow than $190. Any advice? I wanted to go with CH Products but I'm seeing software issue with Windows 8.1 and availability and price are a problem.

I wanted the X55, but went for the X52 Pro in the end for the same reason. I'm sure the X55 is great, but I don't regret my choice; It really is an amazingly good stick, feels great. And there's an ocean of difference between the X52 Pro and my old X45..

The stick is a little loose, I was worried about that, but the thing is, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, every part and range of the input is so precise, I actually by far prefer it to my X45 which was more firm.

Edit: Did you mean the X52 or the X52 Pro btw..?

I wanted the X55, but went for the X52 Pro in the end for the same reason. I'm sure the X55 is great, but I don't regret my choice; It really is an amazingly good stick, feels great. And there's an ocean of difference between the X52 Pro and my old X45..

The stick is a little loose, I was worried about that, but the thing is, it doesn't bother me in the slightest, every part and range of the input is so precise, I actually by far prefer it to my X45 which was more firm.

Edit: Did you mean the X52 or the X52 Pro btw..?

Just the X52. The X52 Pro is $210 now.

GeoGonzo

Honestly losing the credits doesn't bother me so much as I feel the method doesn't make sense. For instance I don't know the story behind how my ship auto registers that I collect a bounty, but I don't see why that bounty would then be deleted just because my ship got blown up. I mean I still killed them, it's not like I lost my cargo or anything, so I guess that's what really annoyed me since I wasn't expecting to load up empty handed afterwards.
Well, I can see why that decision may surprise players (I lost some money like that too), but lets keep in mind that there are quite a few gameplay mechanics that are VERY player friendly. When was the last time you saw a game where you can sell back everything you buy and get 100% money back (90% for ships)? The galaxy isn't all bad!

I guess I just want a change of pace to grind on after having a really sour start. I mean I've been playing for at least 20 hours now and I'm still under 20k. I suppose I've found a place I can get some cash to finally buy another ship, but after last time I dunno if it's worth the risk. I mean the feds were even happy to shoot me whilst trying to hit the pirates, but at the same time I can't really try anything but fighting to make money with this crappy little sidewinder :/

Strange thing is in Beta I had myself a nice new ship in no time, now I can't seem to last long enough to get anything, and I've got a hell of a lot better at actually dogfighting since then too.

You only need to take as many risks as you want to. Honestly, once you get a Viper you'll mostly only have to be worried about pirate kings piloting Anacondas and, of course, other players. I'll be online for a while if you want a hand with anything. CMDR GeoGonzo.

Well, I can see why that decision may surprise players (I lost some money like that too), but lets keep in mind that there are quite a few gameplay mechanics that are VERY player friendly. When was the last time you saw a game where you can sell back everything you buy and get 100% money back (90% for ships)? The galaxy isn't all bad!

You only need to take as many risks as you want to. Honestly, once you get a Viper you'll mostly only have to be worried about pirate kings piloting Anacondas and, of course, other players. I'll be online for a while if you want a hand with anything. CMDR GeoGonzo.

Cheers for the offer but I won't be able to get on again today. We need this wings update so we can sort out one nice big GAF org!

Very true that it does have a bunch of player friendly mechanics, especially in the form of letting you replenish that free stock sidewinder as many times as you want, great for starting up but I soon started adding parts to mine. Headed back into the system a little earlier and managed to build up some of that cash again so I'm back on track again now. One thing which I really couldn't understand though was why all my data on the system was also lost, especially since the station it loaded me out at afterwards was one of the last things I visited in the system before my mishap.

Shifty76

Cheers for the offer but I won't be able to get on again today. We need this wings update so we can sort out one nice big GAF org!

Very true that it does have a bunch of player friendly mechanics, especially in the form of letting you replenish that free stock sidewinder as many times as you want, great for starting up but I soon started adding parts to mine. Headed back into the system a little earlier and managed to build up some of that cash again so I'm back on track again now. One thing which I really couldn't understand though was why all my data on the system was also lost, especially since the station it loaded me out at afterwards was one of the last things I visited in the system before my mishap.
I just assume that all data on bounties and exploration is stored on your ship. Ship goes boom so does the data. Otherwise you'd have all kinds of random people showing up and wasting the authorities time with their claims of having vanquished the dread pirate Jimi Hendrix, or having discovered "this really cool planet" out on the edges of space.

Actually...you know what'd be an awesome addition? When you go boom the black box from your ship floats around in the wreckage, just like in those USS missions. Same with some of your cargo. Whoever retrieves that black box gets the credit for whatever exploration or bounty reward data it contained.

Faith

Guys, where is the list with the commanders names? Can't find it.

And is there an easy way to add you all? Or do I have to type in every name ingame?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom