• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does this work in solo play as well, just go to an Anarchy system and scan for wanted NPC ships?

Yup, and I wasn't even in an Anarchy system. I was in the Balatu system.

Did you have crime reporting turned on?

Yes but in a number of cases, it seemed like the NPCs realized these guys were wanted about the same time I did. I would be scanning and before it finished or before I started firing, the other ships would fire on them too.

Not sure if I should get the Adder or work on my Eagle some more...Maybe keep the Eagle as my bounter hunter? It just has so few internal compartments.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Well, it does. When you are further than 7500m away and it denies it says "docking request denied, must be in 7500m" and the only other reason it would decline is if it is full.

I don't think there's a hard cap of 7500m anymore, I've sent docking requests that have been granted over that, usually around when you exit hyperspace around 9km.

Damn, why is this game online only :(

Was on my way to Sol this evening. Ran out of fuel and had to stop by in another star system with an outpost. It was an Federation outpost but with some skull symbolics.

Anyway, I wanted to dock to refuel, denied all the time...

Then our visitors came and I had to welcome them...
When I got back 15min later, I was destroyed :( Damnit! I hope the bad guy died as well since I was in the no fire zone of said outpost and was not wanted. Now I'm back @ LH443 :(

Klyka

Banned
Damn, why is this game online only :(

Was on my way to Sol this evening. Ran out of fuel and had to stop by in another star system with an outpost. It was an Federation outpost but with some skull symbolics.

Anyway, I wanted to dock to refuel, denied all the time...

Then our visitors came and I had to welcome them...
When I got back 15min later, I was destroyed :( Damnit! I hope the bad guy died as well since I was in the no fire zone of said outpost and was not wanted. Now I'm back @ LH443 :(

You could have just exited at any time. Your ship disappears when you are not in combat.

la_briola

If you have a Viper or Cobra.... you should hunt wanted npcs at resource extraction sites.

This screenshot is after my ammunition was empty.

screenshot_0024e1uay.png

The feds are helping too, makes it very easy, especially against Anacondas. Cobras net you around 10-20k.

Klyka

Banned
I have arrived at Ho Hsi! What's the plan/what has GAF been doing here to cause a ruckus? :D

Do not do ANY trade at Hand Ring Station owned by Ho Hsi Corp. They are the enemy.

Trade at/between Steiner Hub and Alexyev Enterprise.

Go to the surrounding Federation systems and hunt bounties. They'll be Federation bounties which you should turn in at Steiner hub/Alex Enterprises.

Do missions but only do the ones being issued by Jet Comms Limited.

Try not to hunt/hurt Jet Comms Limited ships.

If you want to go full crazy (like some of us did, check the bounty list in Ho Hsi) you can kill any system authority vessels and vessels that do not belong to Jet Comm. Everyone you destroy takes a bit of influence away from them (and gives you mad bounty on your head!)

owlbeak

Do not do ANY trade at Hand Ring Station owned by Ho Hsi Corp. They are the enemy.

Go to the surrounding Federation systems and hunt bounties. They'll be Federation bounties which you should turn in at Steiner hub/Alex Enterprises.

If you want to go full crazy (like some of us did, check the bounty list in Ho Hsi) you can kill any system authority vessels and vessels that do not belong to Jet Comm. Everyone you destroy takes a bit of influence away from them (and gives you mad bounty on your head!)
Awesome. Currently docked at Hand Ring, will head to Steiner and get to work this evening. Thanks! If you see a CMDR Horsebite around, don't shoot!!! :D

Klyka

Banned
Do missions for the federation.

Also Skyzar and I are in the GAF Mumble server if anyone wants to join us. Information should be in the thread somewhere.

I would like to point out that the in-game comms add a ridiculous amount of flair to the game.

Liking the Viper so far. Sounds like an electronic Wookie, too.

I am gonna be patrolling the nav beacon at Ho Hsi, CMDR Anton Sugar. Don't shoot :D

Serrato

Is there a way to go faster to systems with really far away secondary stars than just crusing there? I would have hoped that you could choose at which star you FSD to.

(Especially when it's at over 500k LS away ahahha)

I don't really mind, But I won't go at those system often.

Anyone else getting an odd bug when using Dynamic Super Resolution (DSR via Nvidia CP or GFE) where the mouse cursor still seems to be limited to the native resolution of panel?

If I have DSR enabled I can only use my mouse in what would be the 1920x1200 area of the 2715x1697 render.

This seems to only affect "Software Mouse" as if you enable "Hardware Mouse" in the settings the cursor can access all the screen, but hardware mouse is broken for other reasons so I can't use it.

Is there a way to go faster to systems with really far away secondary stars than just crusing there? I would have hoped that you could choose at which star you FSD to.

(Especially when it's at over 500k LS away ahahha)

I don't really mind, But I won't go at those system often.
Supposedly at some point they are going to put in micro-jumps so you can jump to other stars in a system. At least, that's what I've heard.

Yup, very nearly got my ass blown up doing some bounty hunting. Saw a guy at the nav beacon who was Wanted, but Dangerous, figured I'd try and take him on because hey, why not?

And things were going great!... Until some guys popped up out of nowhere (not the feds) and started hammering me. Think I saw 3 red lights on me by the time I started high tailing it out of there. Managed to get away with 20% hull, canopy nearly destroyed, and zero shields. Whew. At least I managed to bring back the earlier bounties.

EDIT: Particularly harrowing is the fact that I have yet to explode, so I have no idea how big of a loss it would be.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Right now we got Jet Comm at 49% and Ho Hsi Corp at 47%. This is AMAZING, we are actually pulling this off so far!

Now what we need is to get Jet Comm to at least 51% (MAYBE 55%) as far as I can tell and then the civil war SHOULD kick off. Conflict zones will spawn, civil war missions will be given and we'll be able to fight for Jet Comms properly and take over the system :D

Great info, thanks for the summary.

Any suggestions for trade routes from Steiner and Alexyev? I'm guessing it's safer and more convenient to go into solo mode while doing heavy trading. I heard solo mode activities still affect the factions too.

Is it possible to abuse bounties by hopping into a cheap ship and letting a friend kill you to cash in?

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!
been playing the last couple hours on solo getting used to my new joystick and kb setup, so far pretty good. Feel like I'm wasting a lot of time, sold my Eagle for 40k and made another 40k on my own doing delivery missions and shit, but that's basically nothing at all. Might hop onto online and see whats what tomorrow.

Tobacco is an illegal substance in most--but NOT all--systems. Wish I'd known that before I filled my cargo hold with it. Crap.

Also, tried to find some combat stabilizers for this Federal rep mission, only to a) nearly run out of fuel on the way to the closest high tech system, b) get interdicted and almost shot down by what I think is an AI pilot but I can't really tell, and c) find the one high tech station in system and discover it doesn't actually sell combat stabilizers. Oh, and also combat stabilizers are ALSO apparently highly illegal, even though it's the FEDERATION asking for them. How on earth are you supposed to do any of these missions when you have no idea who sells what? Especially when you can't see anything at all about systems more than a few jumps away? Ended up dumping the mission, hopefully I don't take a big hit to my reputation. Can't get back the hour I spent on this wild goose chase, either. Ugh.

owlbeak

Jet Comms sitting at 49%, Ho Hsi at 47%.

Completed a few missions for Jet Comms and just delivered some data to a neighboring system regarding leadership change in the system.

AJLma

It took me 3 attempts, no deaths just jumping in and out, but I just took out my first Anaconda for a mission. Those missions are damn tough. Luckily about half way through the battle 5 Security Service ships jumped in and helped me out, not sure if I could have pulled it off alone, but man that was some of the most intense gaming fun I've had since my first run through Dark Souls.

A solo viper is still a long shot from matching an Anaconda's firepower and I can't find any good Class 2 Lasers besides Pulse.

wrongway

This game really doesn't mess around. On my very first outting in the real game, an NPC in a bigger fighter (Viper?) pulled me out of warp and picked a fight just one jump out from my starting point of LHS 3447.

So uh, protip: Make sure you take a few spins through those combat tutorials. They come in pretty handy pretty quick. :D

So I'm very intrigued by this game but I haven't really played a space sim before and am worried about how complicated the controls are and how many different menus there are for day to day actions.

Everything else sounds like my type of game, do you guys think this game will be approachable enough for me?

charpunk

So I'm very intrigued by this game but I haven't really played a space sim before and am worried about how complicated the controls are and how many different menus there are for day to day actions.

Everything else sounds like my type of game, do you guys think this game will be approachable enough for me?

I've never played a space sim before, but I've been obsessed over this game for the past week. It was a lot easier to get into than I thought it would be.

FlyinJ

Douchebag. Yes, me.

It definitely has a learning curve, especially if you've never played a space sim.

If you don't mind putting the time in, it's an incredible game.

There are quite a few in game tutorials, but I never tried them. I just jumped in and learned by dying a lot. I had a lot of fun dying though.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Question, if you force a ship to drop its cargo either via a hatch break or shooting it out, is the cargo still flagged as "stolen"?

It definitely has a learning curve, especially if you've never played a space sim.

If you don't mind putting the time in, it's an incredible game.

There are quite a few in game tutorials, but I never tried them. I just jumped in and learned by dying a lot. I had a lot of fun dying though.
Hhhnnggh! I'm so tempted by this game, I just don't want to be that guy who is stuck outside a space station for forty minutes trying to dock

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
So when authorities/stations scan you, are they checking for stolen cargo as well as illegal cargo (like narcotics) or just the latter.

Because if they fined you for stolen goods as well it seems like a lot of effort to go through for a tiny

Unrebpnuslated: Can you reuse modules or outfittings between ships or do you have to start from the base and upgrade gradually for each ship?

JambiBum

Hhhnnggh! I'm so tempted by this game, I just don't want to be that guy who is stuck outside a space station for forty minutes trying to dock

My friend was just like this. I watched him. It was great. It just takes practice. No one can dock perfectly right away.

Haly, they do a general scan and stolen is counted as illegal cargo. You get hit with a fine for either one. Also each new ship comes with its own starting modules so you can't reuse them between ships

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom