• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.

Faith

Pull open the galaxy map, there should be a view tab in there. Open that, switch to realistic, then in the drop down select government, then select anarchy only (think it's color is red), after that look @ galaxy map and only those types of systems should show up. Some of this may be slightly off as I'm not in game but the majority is correct, sorry if it's inaccurate.

Note though, a system can have say a federation government type, but still have an anarchy station in it and those won't show up when doing this.
Thanks for the info. Bounty hunting without harming my reputation, just awesome! Killed some Cobras/Eagles/Vipers and a Federal Dropship (50k CR).

I also swapped my cargo holder for a fuel scoop which gave me 50.00/s, didn't know that they are so different in efficiency.

Wreav

Banned
Given the extreme costs of maintaining high grade ships, I wouldn't worry about chasing after them until they rebalance things a bit.

7K3Mx9D.gif

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
You actually turn slower when stopped, for the optimal turning arc keep your throttle in the blue. You can also use your thrusters to thrust towards your turn arc to cut it down.

I learn something new every day.

Been slowing down and even going into reverse in order to track my targets.

Wreav

Banned
Going into reverse can turn the tide if you are in an extremely tight turning battle. I do it all the time. Usually they're broadside when you get a peek at them too, because you're both pulling up as hard as you can.

Wreav

Banned
I'm sure you COULD. Why you'd want to, no clue.

Of course, my roommate in college played counterstrike with this abomination, so it's not without precedent.

microsoft-trackball-explorer.jpg

Klyka

Banned
Guys I am not sure if you noticed, but Ho Hsi is now FULL in super cruise with not just "system authority vessels" but actually a ton of "System Defense Force" ships. Like Asps, Cobras and such.

THOSE NEED TO BE INTERDICTED AND ATTACKED. They are literally Ho Hsi Corps Army! Taking them out is basically an act of WAR!

Guys I am not sure if you noticed, but Ho Hsi is now FULL in super cruise with not just "system authority vessels" but actually a ton of "System Defense Force" ships. Like Asps, Cobras and such.

THOSE NEED TO BE INTERDICTED AND ATTACKED. They are literally Ho Hsi Corps Army! Taking them out is basically an act of WAR!

But I can't afford a bounty! Otherwise I would haha.

Klyka

Banned
But I can't afford a bounty! Otherwise I would haha.

i don't know why people are so afraid of bounties in this game.

money is a laugh to come by, bounties don't matter cause a friend can just kill you cash in and give you the money.

the game is a huge sandbox stacked in the players favor.

i don't know why people are so afraid of bounties in this game.

money is a laugh to come by, bounties don't matter cause a friend can just kill you cash in and give you the money.

the game is a huge sandbox stacked in the players favor.

Because then I can't bounty hunt myself without the feds blowing MY ass up!

I make my money by ganging up on bigger ships with the Fed's help haha.

Arkaerial

Unconfirmed Member
I'm sure you COULD. Why you'd want to, no clue.

Of course, my roommate in college played counterstrike with this abomination, so it's not without precedent.

microsoft-trackball-explorer.jpg

shut your mouth. I use a trackball for point and click type games like diablo. It's feels more confortable and it's nice not to get cramps in the hand. I do use a mouse for FPS but I can play with the trackball too.

That being said this game needs a set of HOTAS to be truly enjoyed.

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness

All right, heading over to Kokojina to cash in my hauler. I have around 150k, enough for a good Eagle at least but not quite enough for a viper. Let's see how it goes.

LogicStep

I can't figure out how to do this mission. I first picked one that asked me for silver. Can't do it since I don't have enough credits to buy it and I don't have the laser to mine it. So then I get another mission to take down some pirates in a system. I get there and there is nothing there but a huge ass star. I'm lost. :(

Klyka

Banned
New Ho Hsi tips from Reddit:

Here is also something that works. Take missions like "smuggle slaves" from Ho HSI Corp. Then search for USS's and you will get a counter offer to Abandon. Abandon it and you will be directed to go to a different station and turn it in. You will get considerably less credits, but you will cause famine, lockdown, and civil unrest all with red arrows pointing up against Ho HSI Corp. So basically you can take missions from an opposing faction, screw them over, and cause problems for them.

Just opened my brand new X55 and noticed right away one of the throttles was loose. Upon further inspection the twist button on the left throttle isn't spinning freely and gets stuck and a quick check in the controller setup sees its getting stuck in the depressed position. It's already packed back up to be returned.

I was worried about all the negative QA stuff I saw in reviews but they weren't kidding. For $200 I expect it to be a lot better than what I got.

Looks like I've got a few more days before I can jump in. :(

Skyzard

Banned
^ sucks.

But...how? I looked through the settings and control bindings and didn't see anything but jettison.

It's on the right-hand ship menu, in your cargo section (after you select a cargo, you'll get two options to abandon or jetsons).

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
New Ho Hsi tips from Reddit:

Ah, cool, I'll look for those. I was worried I would need to go to Hand Ring for that slave mission abandonment routine but I guess missions from Ho Hsi corp should show up at the Jet Comms stations too.

Klyka

Banned
Ah, cool, I'll look for those. I was worried I would need to go to Hand Ring for that slave mission abandonment routine but I guess missions from Ho Hsi corp should show up at the Jet Comms stations too.

Yep. Also, you might want to do the same thing with Jet Comms missions, seeing how we want their civil unrest to go up to.

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
What do better grades of shield generator actually offer? What the best upgrade the either make it last longer or regen faster?

Buggy Loop

Gold Member
Just opened my brand new X55 and noticed right away one of the throttles was loose. Upon further inspection the twist button on the left throttle isn't spinning freely and gets stuck and a quick check in the controller setup sees its getting stuck in the depressed position. It's already packed back up to be returned.

I was worried about all the negative QA stuff I saw in reviews but they weren't kidding. For $200 I expect it to be a lot better than what I got.

Really sucks, the excitement to have a new man toy is quite something. But if i may say something, for 200$ i would go CH all the way. Their freaking fighterstick from mid 90's are still rock solid.

Right now, the missions are the worst part for me. A lot of them that seem to be offered to me expect me to go to three different systems seeking out enemies or something. I've yet to find the dreaded Black Box for the Jet Comms mission. Flying around in Supercruise can be a pain when you have a lot of USS to explore.

But really, the game has just captivated me, and tomorrow when I get my stick it will be glorious to play for the first time.

Enduin

No bald cap? Lies!

That's why I went with the CH Combatstick and will get the Pro Throttle eventually. They aren't flashy at all, or cheap though comparable to the X55, but their reputation and build quality is flawless from everything I've seen and read. When people are talking about how their 15 year old stick is still working as well as the day they bought it you know they must be doing something right.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Regarding Thrusters, the optimal mass means you should try to keep your ship's mass under it in order to reap maximum benefits, and upgrade your Thrusters as you deck out your ship?

What attributes do Thrusters actually affect? Speed? Turn Rate? Frame Shift?

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Pretty good night. Got a whole ton of jet comm civil unrest missions done, and also took down 1 pirate lord for a mission and took down 3 more loose anacondas at an extraction site.

Bounty hunting may make *way* less money then trading, but it's so much more fun.

Serrato

I have the money to pick up and work up a Cobra now but I've grown to love my little Viper. Is the Cobra just flat out better and worth it or what?

The cobra is much heavier and is slower on boost. It has better cargo (32 ton on default) and has a better fuel and FSD range. Its basically better at everything but combat compared to the Viper. But it's no slouch either. (viper has better shields but lower armor, goes faster in boost and has the same weapons slots)

The cobra is much heavier and is slower on boost. It has better cargo (32 ton on default) and has a better fuel and FSD range. Its basically better at everything but combat compared to the Viper. But it's no slouch either. (viper has better shields but lower armor, goes faster in boost and has the same weapons slots)

It's also a much smaller target than the Cobra

ship_charts3p76.jpg

Serrato

It's also a much smaller target than the Cobra

True! Size is important in combat. Basically, the cobra is the Super Sidewinder. Jack of all trade, master of none.

While im there, is there any opinions on the Federation Dropship / Imperial Ship? I fought some dropship and they are quite the target, only deadzone was right behind the thrusters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom