• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Elite: Dangerous |OT| Every Man's Sky

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha, damn. Miscalculated when selling my ship for the Python. Was short the cargo expenses, had to take a 7m loss to go back to a T7 ... ah well. Flew her for a bit but upgrades would have come too slow and the whole point was for the 50 or so extra cargo I'd get.

Strazyplus

I am interested in getting into Elite: Dangerous, however there's one question that is not being answered.

Can you spend real cash for In-game Credit ?

Strazyplus

No. The only real money purchases are cosmetic skins.

Theres only two in-game content that is purchasable, are these two things it? or theres more... also what happens if you blow your ship up and lose all your money... how do you recover. and how is the grind or credits?

2015-01-13_1551.png

Faith

You fly with almost zero credits and loose everything. After that you complain about loosing everything on the official forum and pretend to stop playing the game.

:p

GeoGonzo

Theres only two in-game content that is purchasable, are these two things it? or theres more... also what happens if you blow your ship up and lose all your money... how do you recover. and how is the grind or credits?

2015-01-13_1551.png

There are many more skins for sale, for all the early game ships.

If you blow up your ship you respawn at the last station you visited with all your credits and you are given a chance to pay around 5% of the total value of your ship to get it back. If you don't have enough money to pay for that, you fucked up and go back to the Sidewinder.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder

2015-01-13_1551.png

Ships have a insurance cost of 5% of the total value of the ship + installed upgrades. When you die you either pay the insurance fee to respawn in your ship good as new, or if you can't afford it you restart in the starter ship.

Strazyplus

You fly with almost zero credits and loose everything. After that you complain about loosing everything on the official forum and pretend to stop playing the game.

:p

There are many more skins for sale, for all the early game ships.

If you blow up your ship you respawn at the last station you visited with all your credits and you are given a chance to pay around 5% of the total value of your ship to get it back. If you don't have enough money to pay for that, you fucked up and go back to the Sidewinder.

Sounds fun.

Wreav

Banned
Harsh! But maybe fair, considering "rebuy cost" is right there on the right menu. Flying with less than that ammount of cash is just pointless risk.

Correct, never fly without double your insurance cost if you can. I mean, it's literally the first thing you see on the right menu.

If you don't have enough money to pay for that, you fucked up and go back to the Sidewinder.
You can even go in the reds to get your ship back. Then you need to pay back your debt over time. Ten percent of your income will be used for this until your debt is nullified. Debt is maxed at 200k at the moment - this is crashing a quite good utilized Viper (3rd fighting ship you can afford) four times in a row. That said, when you do have such a ship you are not crashing it four times!

BearPawB

Banned
I am so conflicted about buying this game....
The "boring but occassionally amazing thing has me scared".

How different do different parts of space look? Do you wander around and find crazy looking nebulas? Or is it more "realistic" than a game like say freelancer, which had sections of space with interesting blues and purples? Everytime i turn on a stream i just see people going to the same few same looking stations or running into an identical sun

I am so conflicted about buying this game....
The "boring but occassionally amazing thing has me scared".

How different do different parts of space look? Do you wander around and find crazy looking nebulas? Or is it more "realistic" than a game like say freelancer, which had sections of space with interesting blues and purples? Everytime i turn on a stream i just see people going to the same few same looking stations or running into an identical sun

think of it like a racing sim all the tracks kind of look the same when you're watching but different cars and different tracks really are unique. That said it is definitely repetitive. But really awesome to. Haven't touched another game in weeks and there are a ton out there.

I think it was released early but it's still great.

Shifty76

Regarding exploring: Definitely be picky about what you scan. I scanned all 52 objects in a system. Took an hour. I got about 40k for the data :/

Running perf. Enhancers to some seeking luxuries guys right now. 200k profit for 5 mins work. Debating ditching shields on my T7 for 64 more cargo, but docking bumps could get expensive...

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Running perf. Enhancers to some seeking luxuries guys right now. 200k profit for 5 mins work. Debating ditching shields on my T7 for 64 more cargo, but docking bumps could get expensive...

Maybe run size 4 shields instead of size 6? That way you're only giving up 16.

omzijnI.png

Cimarron

Spent a couple of days getting used to my X-52 and using voice attack in 2D. Went back to the rift tonight to play...my god. Did they base the cockpit controls on the x-52? It was unccanny seeing my hands move in unison with my avatar! Now if I can get a proper chair and some how get Voice attack to play the Robotech intro theme on command when I launch from a station I will be in heaven! =D

Shifty76

I have a hunter killer mission that pays tons. Are those supposed to be hard as fook?
I don't wanna die

Aye. It'll be an elite ranked Anaconda who can vaporize a well equipped Asp in 20 secs. Source: Happened to me.
Twice.
Got my revenge eventually with 2% hull remaining.

TheGrue

What stick do most of you guys recommend for playing this? I'm playing m/kb, but miss the old days of playing a space sim with a stick.

I must be doing this wrong. Mission in an area to hunt 2 bounty hunters, go there, just sit at 30k/h jumping into all the USS, none are wanted, I'm assuming the Kscanner after the normal scan would pick stuff up but nothing pops up after "complete". Multiple items and random NPC's but not a single one in 40 minutes that had a "bounty" or wanted.

Plus, I can't figure out how to get my T7 out of storage. Does it display where it's at on the System Map? It should be in the hanger I'm in but it may not be, I know it's in this system .. and does a medium ship docking make it difficult to get a large out? I haven't switched ships until now, always sold.

Either way, bounty hunting seems as boring as trading at this point and there's NO money involved! I can only assume I'm doing something wrong, any pointers for these missions?

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
What stick do most of you guys recommend for playing this? I'm playing m/kb, but miss the old days of playing a space sim with a stick.
I got a cheap Logitech extreme 3d pro and it is awesome! It's not the highest of quality but worth30$ fo sho

Raticus79

Seek victory, not fairness
Oh sweet, Thrudd's just added support for CSV import from EliteOCR. That'll help get a lot more data in there. He also made it much easier to unlock the ranks needed to make changes.

Darklord

Banned
I'm not sure I get trading. I bought some Hydrogen Fuel but I've flown to 4 other systems and each one sells and buys it for the same price. Is there a way to see what system sells it for the best price and the closest?

Dougald

I'm not sure I get trading. I bought some Hydrogen Fuel but I've flown to 4 other systems and each one sells and buys it for the same price. Is there a way to see what system sells it for the best price and the closest?

Hydrogen fuel is a bit crap as a commodity to be honest, I never made much money trading it

The best thing to do is buy something that's "HIGH" in stock, and take it to a system that imports that type of good and sell it, if you can find one with "HIGH" demand you're in the money

This sheet was posted in this thread a while back and *really* helped me get started. It lists most commodities and which types of system will buy them. I generally just use the galaxy map and filter it by type of system (High Tech, Industrial, etc), then fly around checking out the prices before selling

Darklord

Banned
Hydrogen fuel is a bit crap as a commodity to be honest, I never made much money trading it

The best thing to do is buy something that's "HIGH" in stock, and take it to a system that imports that type of good and sell it, if you can find one with "HIGH" demand you're in the money

This sheet was posted in this thread a while back and *really* helped me get started. It lists most commodities and which types of system will buy them. I generally just use the galaxy map and filter it by type of system (High Tech, Industrial, etc), then fly around checking out the prices before selling

Oh ok, so use that sheet buy high stock goods and sell for high demand? I guess I took the easiest and cheapest. I'll sell it back and look for something better.

Dougald

Oh ok, so use that sheet buy high stock goods and sell for high demand? I guess I took the easiest and cheapest. I'll sell it back and look for something better.

Thats the jist. Eventually it'll become second nature to you which types of commodity sells where.

Bear in mind that even if a system is say, Agricultural, some of the stations within it may not be. So make sure to check the system map before you decide where to dock, it tells you the station type there

Bust Nak

The information of that sheet can now be viewed in game as of 1.04. Look at the goods description on the commodities market (above where you choose how much to buy) where it says which economy produces it and which comsumes it.

Dougald

I didn't actually realize they'd added that info in now, that's really useful. I kind of just memorized most of that list during the gamma and haven't needed to look at it in a while

Darklord

Banned
Is there a good guide to what ship to buy after the starting one? I know the OT lists them but I'd like an idea what to work towards. I'm thinking mining might be fun but I want to try out combat some before deciding.

Edit: Oh and if I take a Naval progression mission does it lock me into that path? Sorry for all the questions.

Is there a good guide to what ship to buy after the starting one? I know the OT lists them but I'd like an idea what to work towards. I'm thinking mining might be fun but I want to try out combat some before deciding.

Edit: Oh and if I take a Naval progression mission does it lock me into that path? Sorry for all the questions.

Mining isn't fun, and no naval progression isn't a lock-in.

The eagle is a good step up from the sidewinder for combat, the hauler is the next step if you like trading.

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
Oh sweet, Thrudd's just added support for CSV import from EliteOCR. That'll help get a lot more data in there. He also made it much easier to unlock the ranks needed to make changes.

That's sweet, but it looks like my rank has been reset with the update. I'll need to grind rank now in order to add stations and data like I want to.

I like Thrudd's the best, but I always use Slopey's simply because it's the one I have full access to add stations and OCR data to. I fly out away from the traffic areas and Thrudd's just doesn't have any data usually to use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom