• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey Community Thread: The Ongoing Adventures of Fight and Heal

Shengar

Nooo I won't fall for it!

An Imperial figure is released and you haven't even order it?
189.gif

I would kill for a Landshark or Runemaster one you know.

Shengar

Ordered it~

I'm not gonna get lured into FigureGAF though. For now...

Don't worry, if you keep the golden rule of "only buy a figurine of a character I know and like" you will be o-kay.
I haven't even played Devil Survivor 2 and yet, here is Anri Ban figure sitting on my desk

Zweizer

Banned
Money is overrated. Figures are forever.

=P

Figures can't buy EO games.

(Or can they?)

Too late you've already taken a hit.

With more EO on the way your fall will be compelete soon.

No... Nooooooo—

Don't worry, if you keep the golden rule of "only buy a figurine of a character I know and like" you will be o-kay.
I haven't even played Devil Survivor 2 and yet, here is Anri Ban figure sitting on my desk

Good thing most characters I like are fairly obscure and don't have figures then~

Hello Etrian Odyssey community!

I've walked into a place that I know nothing about and I'm here to ask for your guidance.

Let me start by saying that I've never played an Etrian Odyssey game. In fact, it's been many years since I've played a game that I would consider to be similar to the EO series. But, with yet another Atlus sale on the 3DS eShop, my curiosity has been piqued and I'm interested in going deep.

Right now, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl and Etrian Odyssey IV are both on sale for a great price considering the amount of hours that could be poured into them. I'll admit, I want them both.

So, I'm wondering... is there any benefit to playing through The Millennium Girl first? Are there characters or story-related elements in EO IV that I would appreciate more if I had already played through EOU?

Any help is much appreciated. Thanks a lot!

Zweizer

Banned
So, I'm wondering... is there any benefit to playing through The Millennium Girl first? Are there characters or story-related elements in EO IV that I would appreciate more if I had already played through EOU?

EOU (or rather, the first Etrian Odyssey) establishes the setting for the whole series, and there are several small references to it in the other installments. It's nothing major, but you'll definitely notice these nods if you've played the first game, especially in IV.

I recommend playing Classic mode first if you're picking EOU first (and skip the intro video), as Story mode butchers the original game, in addition to the myriad of woes that comes with the forced party selection.

Hello Etrian Odyssey community!

I've walked into a place that I know nothing about and I'm here to ask for your guidance.

Let me start by saying that I've never played an Etrian Odyssey game. In fact, it's been many years since I've played a game that I would consider to be similar to the EO series. But, with yet another Atlus sale on the 3DS eShop, my curiosity has been piqued and I'm interested in going deep.

Right now, Etrian Odyssey Untold: The Millennium Girl and Etrian Odyssey IV are both on sale for a great price considering the amount of hours that could be poured into them. I'll admit, I want them both.

Play 4(best starting point), then MG. so yeah Release Order.

Zweizer

Banned
Basically, IV is the superior game and also the most accessible, while Untold (or I) is the one that establishes the setting for all the other installments.

FluxWaveZ

Just learned of the April 7th release date for Etrian Mystery Dungeon in NA. So much for the near simultaneous release date with Japan, heh. Only a month is still real good, though.

Derkon

Yeah better for me personally that this is an April release. Bloodborne and FF Type-0 would have made this harder to purchase in March >_<

Kirlia

Banned
e o u 2 p l e a s e
o
u
p
l
e
a
s
e

I just want to know it's coming, I don't mind waiting.

Same here, but it probably won't be announced until just before or after EOMD is released.

The pessimist in me continues to believe that we won't get a localization. I have never wanted it to be more wrong.

FluxWaveZ

The pessimist in me continues to believe that we won't get a localization. I have never wanted it to be more wrong.

You really have to let go of that mindset when it comes to Atlus, I think. They've kinda proven themselves, over the years, to be one of the companies we can trust for the consistent localization of their own games.

Simply put: there's absolutely no way we won't be getting EO2U. Might be an outlier in terms of localization time because it already came out in Japan, with EMD and all of the other stuff Atlus has going on for 2015... but it'll definitely be released in NA eventually.

kanamechan

At least it's something to do until EO5 comes out :D

It really didn't do well in Japan. Which is a shame, because it's a really good game that does a lot of stuff right.
They just goofed bad with the DLC and released it at a bad time :/

At least it's something to do until EO5 comes out :D

It really didn't do well in Japan. Which is a shame, because it's a really good game that does a lot of stuff right.
They just goofed bad with the DLC and released it at a bad time :/

I hope they noticed that and don't do something drastic/stupid to try to get more sales out of Untold 3 or 5.

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread(and Neogaf in general), but I was wondering if anyone has tried out the last EOU2 DLC? Apparently it adds an entirely new floor, but I haven't seen any info on the wikis about it aside from boss stats.

Also, if you beat story mode, do you get to class change to Fafnir like EOU did with gunner/highlander?

kanamechan

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread(and Neogaf in general), but I was wondering if anyone has tried out the last EOU2 DLC? Apparently it adds an entirely new floor, but I haven't seen any info on the wikis about it aside from boss stats.

Yep, it adds a full new floor and a new boss. The item you get from the boss is utterly absurd tho :p

No clue on the Fafnir class change, I avoid story mode like the plague.

I just wish the damn logo would get out of the way, I need an artbook of the game asap.

My favorite is still EO III Arange but EO 2 has some amazing tracks.

kanamechan

Please don't encourage them.

I think that floor 31 is at least justifyable DLC. The rest of the DLC is the issue, in my opinion. If you buy ANY DLC, it should be that, because that's giving out a clear message:

We want actual content, not cheap sprites rehashed from older games. But hey, I still dream of an Etrian with a proper expansion =P Like in the old days, where expansions were big, big things D= Serpent Isle... ;_;

I think that floor 31 is at least justifyable DLC. The rest of the DLC is the issue, in my opinion. If you buy ANY DLC, it should be that, because that's giving out a clear message:

We want actual content, not cheap sprites rehashed from older games. But hey, I still dream of an Etrian with a proper expansion =P Like in the old days, where expansions were big, big things D= Serpent Isle... ;_;

A new floor is a pretty big deal, but it's probably just as iffy as all the other DLC: stuff that's on the cartridge and is just locked away so you can buy it. But at least the base game is still good!

Got my first Etrian Odyssey streetpass yesterday, for Untold! Unfortunately the guy didn't have any grimoires attached to his guild card though... He was around level 34 and doing Story Mode, by the looks of it...

Anyways, on a different subject, EO4 question: Could I get some help with the QR Code quest to find Raht in the 4th Land? I found his camp
in the west
, which said to go
north
, but I swear I've checked every square on that level to the
north
of there, and nothing showed up... Was he lying when he said he couldn't swim or climb cliffs? The only other things I can think are that it's either time-sensitive, or he entered a dungeon or something...

Top Bottom