• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

vall03

ugh, couldn't sleep well earlier today. It seems that the thread has been going along quite well, just need to prepare for a while and finally play the game!

Anyway, I just got the Eternal Punishment email from Atlus and then remembered this

BC9qZpQCAAEYIKg.jpg

lol

ugh, couldn't sleep well earlier today. It seems that the thread has been going along quite well, just need to prepare for a while and finally play the game!

Anyway, I just got the Eternal Punishment email from Atlus and then remembered this

lol

I absolutely loved that!

So now that the Cargo Wharf is fully functional, what functions do the "Check Yggdrasil Code" and "Generate Extra Data" buttons serve?
Are they just there for a potential sequel?

scy

that thing basically cornered me between doors so I'm like "noooo I'm not prepared and I don't want to di-".... then I remembered I can warp back to town

I decided to just fight it.

Was pretty easy ;_; No damage output, just confuses.

letterboxart

Neo Member
I see some sites (and Atlus) are releasing more QR codes. I can't compile all of them as I'm at work and some sites are blocked, but if someone can get them, I can add them to the OP when I get home and get settled in a few hours.
I don't think this have been linked yet. Prereqs are listed in parentheses.

From Atlus' facebook:
Three quest codes from @fiddlecub (Gamespot, Kevin VanOrd) -

Chromie

Banned
My first time playing an EO game just a couple of questings since I can't play right now. How does crafting work and should I pick up the gathering skills?

Fuck me this demo is so overwhelmingly generous. I can't believe it continued on past that first mission/dungeon. So this save data carries over to the retail release? That is a clever way to ensure a purchase, as I am quite attached to these characters and their progress after playing so much.

But what a slick package for a dungeon-crawl (this is my first EO), so much good design. I will be playing this with 3D off though, it is a bit of a chore to stay in the sweet spot for this sort of grindy gameplay.

My first time playing an EO game just a couple of questings since I can't play right now. How does crafting work and should I pick up the gathering skills?

I wouldn't get the gathering skills, they just give a small percentage boost when you are harvesting, not worth it.

Couple of quick questions:

I've encountered shiny gold enemies a couple of times and it hinted that I should try to subdue them. Is this a class specific thing, or is there an item I need?

Also, does anyone have a legend for all the map icons? I looked through the digital guide very quickly and didn't see much on all the icons.

Anteo

I've encountered shiny gold enemies a couple of times and it hinted that I should try to subdue them. Is this a class specific thing, or is there an item I need?

Also, does anyone have a legend for all the map icons? I looked through the digital guide very quickly and didn't see much on all the icons.

I think the games is telling you to kill them.
The icons are there for you to use them as you want, however ther are some that are used by many the same way:

The hand is for "Take" spots
The Siccors are for "Cut" spots
The Pick axe is for "Mine" spots
The Arrows are for shorcuts and the purple ball I think is for FOE.
Everything else is up to you.

Edit:

Fuck me this demo is so overwhelmingly generous. I can't believe it continued on past that first mission/dungeon. So this save data carries over to the retail release? That is a clever way to ensure a purchase, as I am quite attached to these characters and their progress after playing so much.

But what a slick package for a dungeon-crawl (this is my first EO), so much good design. I will be playing this with 3D off though, it is a bit of a chore to stay in the sweet spot for this sort of grindy gameplay.

The thing is that you don't have to grind that much, if you keep exploring you'll get exp naturally. However some party configuration will require more levels to fight the Bosses so if you hit a wall like that then you can grind. Also, the demo can be played as much as you want, I tried like 10 characters in it.

Althane

As far as I know, just kill them. They give bonus XP. (They're also more resistant to status effects, I believe)

Althane

So has anyone actually figured out what's up with the binds on the sniper? I don't see %'s on the skill calculator, but they seem so. Incredibly. Horrible.

So has anyone actually figured out what's up with the binds on the sniper? I don't see %'s on the skill calculator, but they seem so. Incredibly. Horrible.

don't remind me, it might get better as the sniper levels up but damn .__. I miss my Ninja

I'm hyped for this skill of the Arcanist:
28ZLq

jello44

Chie is the worst waifu
So here's a question. I don't have the game yet and probably won't for some time. (If at all depending on when I can find the time/money)

Is there a random name generator for the characters? Or is it the same in the demo where you have to individually name the characters?

So here's a question. I don't have the game yet and probably won't for some time. (If at all depending on when I can find the time/money)

Is there a random name generator for the characters? Or is it the same in the demo where you have to individually name the characters?

no random generator

Velcro Fly

So is there any big secret to not getting my entire party under the panic status when trying to fight
Furyhorn?
. I fought it once at about half MP on everyone and got it down nearly to death but the constant panic on my Fortress means that I can't taunt and the constant panic on my Landsknecht means I can't lower it's attack. I'm not sure if maybe I should grind somewhere else but it seems like I'm supposed to be fighting where I am and this thing is largely unavoidable. I'm currently level 8 and I know if luck breaks my way I can easily kill this thing. Instead my entire front row gets panicked every single time I try to fight this thing and then it's all downhill from there.

Anteo

Damn, I'm always terrible with coming up with a name, let alone, what, 50?

Ah well, thanks.

You may want to use this: http://www.behindthename.com/random/

So is there any big secret to not getting my entire party under the panic status when trying to fight
Furyhorn?
. I fought it once at about half MP on everyone and got it down nearly to death but the constant panic on my Fortress means that I can't taunt and the constant panic on my Landsknecht means I can't lower it's attack. I'm not sure if maybe I should grind somewhere else but it seems like I'm supposed to be fighting where I am and this thing is largely unavoidable. I'm currently level 8 and I know if luck breaks my way I can easily kill this thing. Instead my entire front row gets panicked every single time I try to fight this thing and then it's all downhill from there.

You can use refresh to take out that debuff, I had the same issue but a medic and a dagger that gives adds the skill refresh on my Nightseeker helped me to kill it.
Also you can allways teleport to the airship/city to avoid that battle. Remeber that not every FOE is supposed to be killed as soon as you see them.

Edit: The first time I fought that thing, it almost wiped my party, so I just ran away from the fight and teleported to the city. I didn't have enough MP for a fight that long.

Koroviev

Looks like GameStop didn't receive any copies at all today and they're not sure if they'll get any tomorrow. Maybe this is a sign that I should get the digital version...

slayn

needs to show more effort.
These foes that hit the entire party with status effects have shown me just how valuable the dancer's refresh dance is. Entire party put to sleep? That's ok, somehow a sleeping dancer can still dance her row awake.

Behold the power of sleep dancing?

These foes that hit the entire party with status effects have shown me just how valuable the dancer's refresh dance is. Entire party put to sleep? That's ok, somehow a sleeping dancer can still dance her row awake.

best class or best class?

Roubjon

But what if the dancer falls asleep? Or does the dancer have resistance or something?

Labrys

Just got my copy. Probably not going to start it until I finish Fire Emblem, though.
I do have a quick question, though. Are there alternate colors for the classes? I saw a blue-haired short hair mage and there's that brown skinned/blonde hair dancer, both of which aren't on the list.

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
So every quest QR code I've tried tells me I can't claim it yet. Great, so I have to save the code somewhere and be not-so-sure when I actually CAN claim it.

slayn

needs to show more effort.
But what if the dancer falls asleep? Or does the dancer have resistance or something?
It doesn't matter if the dancer is asleep, as long as the refresh dance buff is on her, the dancer and everyone in her row will wake up.

Koroviev

Just got my copy. Probably not going to start it until I finish Fire Emblem, though.
I do have a quick question, though. Are there alternate colors for the classes? I saw a blue-haired short hair mage and there's that brown skinned/blonde hair dancer, both of which aren't on the list.

Yep. Just press...x? Can't remember, but the option is there.

vall03

playing through the game made me realize how fucking shitty the 3DS stylus is. Not only is the position annoying, being retractable adds more hassle when getting it. Now Im tempted to get an XL.

Volcynika

Sorry for slacking on the QR codes. Let me finish up a couple things then I'll add the new ones to the OP. Do the ones released for the demo work in the full version? Just wanted to make sure.

Roubjon

It doesn't matter if the dancer is asleep, as long as the refresh dance buff is on her, the dancer and everyone in her row will wake up.

Oh, okay. I probably still won't use one, I need my party to be badass and sadly dancers don't make the cut lol.

Blind adjusts their chance to hit; Binds do some kind of stat debuff (Head lowers TEC-based damage, Arm lowers STR-based damage, Leg lowers AGI) as well as completely sealing off skills. Almost all skills in the game have a limb they use. If that is bound, that skill cannot be used. For instance, Dancer's Dances are Leg-based so if their Legs are bound, they can not dance while the bind is in effect.

Basically, treat them as a stat debuff that also seals skills.
Based on my observations, it's more like arm binds halve damage (not sure if it's physical only or all types), head binds greatly reduce accuracy, and leg binds make it impossible for attacks to miss (very important for a certain enemy type introduced in stratum 2!) Also, I think EOIV has the same mechanic used in III, where enemies gain resistance to status effects every time it has been applied to them.

Forgot that the 3DS has a limit on the number of games you can allow to StreetPass. Tried setting it up for the game and it won't let me. Time to go deactivate some old games...

Tortfeasor

Just picked up the only copy my GameStop got it.

There was no instruction manual inside. Is this the same for everyone? My copy was gutted so perhaps it got it got lost along the way...

Top Bottom