• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Etrian Odyssey IV: Legends of the Titan |OT|: Fight & Heal Brings 3D To Europe!

Morokh

So went to the store yesterday, no game on the shelves 2 of the three employees there looked at me like I was an alien when I asked them for the game, the third one knew what it was.
They did not have it in the store but I was able to order it, and I will be able to get my hands on it on Saturday.

Soulhouf

So went to the store yesterday, no game on the shelves 2 of the three employees there looked at me like I was an alien when I asked them for the game, the third one knew what it was.
They did not have it in the store but I was able to order it, and I will be able to get my hands on it on Saturday.

You don't want GTAV or CoD234? Pass, I don't know what you're talking about.

It's really sad...

mrsmr2

2nd land boss down on my second attempt. Pretty surprised about that considering the first battle didn't go so well.

I thought I'd try turtling, laying down poison and defending. Soon got bored with that as I was doing pitiful damage.

Switched to full on electric linking and, unlike the first time, most of the circles worked within a couple of turns.

Left one minion alive and it was pretty easy.

My team was:
L - 26
D - 25
N - 28
S - 26
R - 30

Levels are uneven due to fortuitous running into shiny sheep coupled with equally un-unfortuitous deaths of odd characters during those fights.

I think my minor complaint with this game is the random number generator. If I can get blind or a bind off, I'll probably defeat a FOE. If I don't, I'll have a very hard time.

Same with this boss. First battle - hard to get circles to work, I died. Second battle - most circles worked, straight forward battle.

I think my minor complaint with this game is the random number generator. If I can get blind or a bind off, I'll probably defeat a FOE. If I don't, I'll have a very hard time.

Same with this boss. First battle - hard to get circles to work, I died. Second battle - most circles worked, straight forward battle.

This is true. If you get an bind that stops the enemies big attack your laughing straight to the bank (of exp) if not then too bad, you'll have to do it the hard way. While I'm glad that it's even possible to immobilize just about anything unlike 90% of RPGs, in the moment, missing over and over while your team gets wiped out, it can be really frustrating. Unlocking status boost hasn't helped that much either. Am I supposed start boosting luck now?

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
So, decided to retire my party to get the bonus stuff, switched my dancer for a land, and holy shit it's been a revelation. Instead of trying to survive as long as possible now I seek out ways on dealing as much damage as possible.

spiritfox

crap :p

how about the other FOEs? Those are also used for farming.

Most FOEs take 7 days, except sheep and bears, who take 1. Dragons take 14. Might be missing a few special ones though.

So, decided to retire my party to get the bonus stuff, switched my dancer for a land, and holy shit it's been a revelation. Instead of trying to survive as long as possible now I seek out ways on dealing as much damage as possible.

Wait till you get Bushis and Imperials. You can basically kill most things in a turn.

I must have been way overlevelled because I went in on the Stratum 4 boss with half TP and destroyed him in 6 turns total and no one took any damage lol

My party is so beast now which is only making me want to play more.

This game is crack

Land is awesome. Sub your Fortress as Dancer, it has great synergy with Fan Dance (30% evasion) and Quick Step is super useful. You can then get Attack Tango once you get more points

Antiwhippy

Holy fuck.

Golden lair is the most annoying dungeon so far. Managing ice stakes sucks and plate crushers can go jump in a fire.

Oh my god auto spread with high venom throw is ridiculous.

If it procs most battle are over before the next turn.

If I see auto spread, fuck it, everyone defend, throw dat venom. The battles where it doesn't proc become oddly tedious lol

If I'm using a link landsnack, is there any reason to put points towards Swift Stab/Sword Tempest? Hardly ever find the need to use them but that might be me not utilizing them properly

Also, Imperial. I run out of TP really really fast. What do?

tuffy

Also, Imperial. I run out of TP really really fast. What do?
Absorber and Finisher can keep drive costs down by giving back TP when hitting weak spots (like Flame Drive against fire weak monsters) and Finisher gives back TP when finishing something off. One can go from 20 TP to 4 TP if both take effect.

If you've subclassed Imperial/Runemaster, Free Energy can reduce costs to 0 once in awhile. Or if you've subclassed Imperial/Bushi, using Deep Breath to exit Blood Surge can restore 30 TP.

Well, not good...

I'm now at level 99 and just tried the two secret bosses.

Insect - I can't hit hard enough so I would need the boss to open his eye like 4-5 times, and there's no way I can survive that long.

Dragon - Supernova.

What do I do? :(

Ferrio

Banned
Well, not good...

Insect - I can't hit hard enough so I would need the boss to open his eye like 4-5 times, and there's no way I can survive that long.

Dragon - Supernova.

You have a assassin or whatever that stupid ass name they call them?

Anteo

Well, not good...

Dragon - Supernova.

Seal the head or stun it when the turn it's going to super nova you. It's not that hard to predict the turn.

ohlawd

Secret bosses shiz.

Fallen One - he uses Supernova every 5 turns. You'll have to seal his head to prevent its use. I relied on Therica As when he uses Darkness Curse. He hits pretty hard with his other attacks so seal his arms too. Debuff him.

Warped Savior - I did Runic Gleam then Origin Rune from my Runemaster to destroy all its limbs so its eye opens. He uses a pattern when his eye opens

1 - remove your buffs
2-4 - super strong attack of each element
5 - random ailment to your party members

then eye closes again and limbs go up

Don't forget about Geo Impact. Just use that to stall for one turn. This helps with the super strong moves like Supernova. Use GI or Aegis Ward on the Savior's elemental attacks.

Imperials!! Use 'em.

Fallen One's susceptible to ailments iirc so bring your Nightseeker.

Anteo

I dont remember where I read this, but the fallen one does not get a increased ailment/bind resistance per ail/bind landed right?

Is having a Dancer instead of a Fortress a terrible idea? My Fortress is doing a bit more than standing around doing nothing since I subbed them Dancer but it's still a pretty boring class.

I wanna go L/R, I/B, D/N // A/M, R/I for dat apocalyptic elemental damage.

ohlawd

I dont remember where I read this, but the fallen one does not get a increased ailment/bind resistance per ail/bind landed right?

I think it does. I remember having a harder time landing ailments/binds as the fight went on.

Don't quote me though. I'm sure everyone here knows how terrible my memory is by now.

Is having a Dancer instead of a Fortress a terrible idea? My Fortress is doing a bit more than standing around doing nothing since I subbed them Dancer but it's still a pretty boring class.

I wanna go L/R, I/B, D/N // A/M, R/I for dat apocalyptic elemental damage.

That was my team, easily doable.

Soulhouf

He does.
You need to reset his resistances with the Archanist ability to be sure to be able to bind him every time.

Thanks for the tips, by the way, I have never retired my party, what's the pros and cons?

And I think I can hire StreetPass characters no? I have to give this a try.

I have never retired my party, what's the pros and cons?

No cons aside from the time investment to get back to your current level. Depending on what level your retire at, you get a new character at half the level (just give them the same name/portrait and pretend its the same dude) along with with bonus skill points and stats. It goes like this

30: +4 skill points, +1 all stats
40: +5 skill points, +2 all stats
50: +6 skill points, +3 all stats
60: +7 skill points, +4 all stats
70: +8 skill points, +5 all stats
99: +10 skill points, +10 all stats

There's no point in retiring over and over. You only get the bonus from your recent most retire

Anteo

No cons aside from the time investment to get back to your current level. Depending on what level your retire at, you get a new character at half the level (just give them the same name/portrait and pretend its the same dude) along with with bonus skill points and stats. It goes like this

Just to point out that the max level you get for the new recruit is 30. So from 60 to 99 you will always get a level 30 recruit with the right bonus to stats/skillpoints

30: +4 skill points, +1 all stats
40: +5 skill points, +2 all stats
50: +6 skill points, +3 all stats
60: +7 skill points, +4 all stats
70: +8 skill points, +5 all stats
99: +10 skill points, +10 all stats

There's no point in retiring over and over. You only get the bonus from your recent most retire
I see, thanks, but I'm gonna try this:

cHk6aA3.png

Look at their names. :lol

Monsters from the Monster Hunter series, I actually did the same. :lol :lol :lol

What the hell, I have just destroyed the extra bosses using that party. D:

Whoever you are, from a MH fan to another, bless your soul!

Now off to collect all the items and treasures. :)

tuffy

So, how's imperial/bushi?
Really good. A single point in Blood Surge is a big damage boost for long boss fights (and probably all you'll need, since more points cost a lot more HP/TP per action). Power Boost, Roar, Endure, Charge, Deep Breath and Ferocity are all useful as well.

Antiwhippy

Yeah she's a damage dealing beast.

Also, might be a silly question, but how do you go into yddgrassil? I'm lost on how to progress.

tuffy

Yeah she's a damage dealing beast.

Also, might be a silly question, but how do you go into yddgrassil? I'm lost on how to progress.
If I remember correctly, once the tree is broken in the 4th land, getting in should just be a matter of flying to the stump at ground level.

Antiwhippy

If I remember correctly, once the tree is broken in the 4th land, getting in should just be a matter of flying to the stump at ground level.

Oh christ, I completely missed a separate path. I thought the door meant that I had to go back to the previous dungeons.

Thank you.

What am I supposed to do after beating the labyrinth 5 boss? I wandered around the room for a bit and nothing triggered and I can't report to the Count yet

Top Bottom