• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

EU PSN: The Big in Japan sale

I hated the demo for Fist of the North Star 1. Is the second particularly different or improved?

And, as much as I've heard from a few gaffers that LP3 is underrated, it's the kind of game where I'd need to play a demo first.

It's more of a larger horde brawler compared to Ken's Rage 1. It also has a much needed dodge move and you generally move a lot faster compared to KR1. Apart from those improvements/changes, it's pretty much the same as KR1.

Reckoner

This time I'll definitely get Ni No Kuni. Was holding for a possible Plus release, but I see it is probably going to take some time. 5 euros for that game is like nothing anyway.

RoadHazard

Gold Member
Hmmm, might pick up Demon's Souls. Currently playing Dark Souls and really enjoying it. Yeah, I know I'm doing them in the wrong order, but eh!

Xeno_V

Does it make sense to have 2nd thoughts about the price of FFX / X2 for Vita?
The price is definitely reasonable as we are talking about a recent release, but knowing that the retail version costs around 25 EUR is making me have some 2nd thoughts.

Xeno_V

I paid 30 quid for it on PSN a couple of weeks ago.
No regrets, its gorgeous, and I never got the chance to complete it back in the day.

I have finished both games btw and I won't replay them asap, but I would like to have them and also see them remastered some time later..
It's funny btw that as many people here I went through the PAL FFX version and I didn't even think back then that this was not how the games was supposed to run. Thankfully the 50hz days are a thing of the past now.

I have finished both games btw and I won't replay them asap, but I would like to have them and also see them remastered some time later..
It's funny btw that as many people here I went through the PAL FFX version and I didn't even think back then that this was not how the games was supposed to run. Thankfully the 50hz days are a thing of the past now.

FFX in particular was atrocious, huge black borders that completely messed up the aspect ratio.
This remaster is twice as valuable for people that had to endure that atrocity.
In hindsight it's unbelievable what we had to deal with for so many years.

dock

Namco Fighter Collection
Was €29.99/AU$39.95/£19.99, now €14.99/AU$17.95/£7.99

Tales of Graces f
Was €29.99/AU$44.95/£24.99, now €9.99/AU$26.95/£14.99
Both prices are wrong.
Namco fighting collection = £10.99
Tales of graces f = £7.99

Not sure about other prices

mrklaw

MrArseFace
Hmmm, might pick up Demon's Souls. Currently playing Dark Souls and really enjoying it. Yeah, I know I'm doing them in the wrong order, but eh!

Never finished demon souls after accidentally attacking someone in the nexus and they wouldn't stop chasing me, so I gave up. I skipped dark souls II so I could go back to this instead.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Ninokuni, ToX, ToGf and ToS HD for 35€ - not bad, not bad.

Now i need time.

Why is Zone of the Ender 2nd Runner cheaper than the first game ? Did they screw up the port ?

dock

The store has crashed for me 4 times. :(

I have a bad track record with not finishing RPGs, but I always want the Tales games!

Some of the games lack a PS+ discount then?

I've not even played my PS3 copy of FFX/X-2 and I'm tempted by the Vita version for pick up and play, but I'll pass for the time being, too much of a backlog to justify the cost.

Some excellent prices though!

Sordid

Wow, time to snap up Ni no Kuni!

Edit: My wallet is only ~£1 short but I have to top up by at least £5 to buy the game. Wtf. Has it always been like this? I must've forgot if so :(

JP

Edit: My wallet is only ~£1 short but I have to top up by at least £5 to buy the game. Wtf. Has it always been like this? I must've forgot if so :(
It's well worth the price and there's always been a £5 minimum, there are costs involved when companies accept payment by card so quite a few do this. Some don't but I think most do.

Not much in the sale that I don't already have, I've upgraded Virtua Fighter 5 to the Complete Edition, Dead or Alive 5 Core Fighters to the Ultimate Edition and Mega Man 10 to the Complete Edition. No new games, just a matter of tidying up the content for games I already had while the price was low.

hohoXD123

Yeah it's pretty standard, has been around for a while now. Don't let it put you off Ni No Kuni though, it's a ridiculous price for what you're getting and you'll probably find something else to spend the £4 on at some point.

Which DLC are you referring to? The Bladewolf and Jetstream ones should be free. Though, that could be a US thing. I'm not certain.

SCEA needs to work with publishers to get some of these deals. I'd buy MGS and FFX HD on sale here in a heartbeat.

Yeah, it's a US thing.

It'll cost me AUD$25 to get both right now, not worth it.

Jacqli

Is the portable version of Earth Defense Force any good? I already have it on 360, but at that price and on Vita...

Kaybe

Unconfirmed Member
Is the portable version of Earth Defense Force any good? I already have it on 360, but at that price and on Vita...
It's great. I haven't played the 360 version but it runs really well and it's native resolution.
There's supposedly some new weapons and missions, and there's also a new character in the Vita version with its own set of weapons. And online co-op which I believe the original didn't have.

mktrOOp

Banned
Bah, I'm so pissed of. I wanted to redeem my 30 days trial PS+ code, but unfortunately it expired three months ago and right now I have to download a huge ass update to get to the PS store. This is why I hate the PS3/Xbox 360 generation, everything is so inconvinent.

Edit: It seems the first update was a PS3 system update. Now I have to download a 65MB update for the PS store, yikes.

Jacqli

It's great. I haven't played the 360 version but it runs really well and it's native resolution.
There's supposedly some new weapons and missions, and there's also a new character in the Vita version with its own set of weapons. And online co-op which I believe the original didn't have.
Thank you! It sounds great. I have been watching some videos too and it seems the number of ants is large (I was worried about that after seeing Borderlands' port). And I have to say I did not play much the home console version, but I recall it has only local coop (which was very funny, I hope there are people on vita playing it).
You conviced me! :)

Bishop89

Is it only the vita version of ffx/x-2?

I guess that will decide which version I will be getting.

Also, why are there so many games with prices still not updated, such as the persona games.

Speaking of persona, Im kind of new to the series. Have only touched 1 + Golden, Are 2 & 3 closer to the first game or to Golden?

Not really a fan of the random encounters in the first game.

Jintor

Think FFX/X-2 will ever go any lower or end up on +?

Might grab it... but don't plan to play it for months... but I'd feel good knowing it's there ==;;

ramyeon

Also, why are there so many games with prices still not updated, such as the persona games.

Speaking of persona, Im kind of new to the series. Have only touched 1 + Golden, Are 2 & 3 closer to the first game or to Golden?

Not really a fan of the random encounters in the first game.
Because they're listed as going live on the 3rd, probably this afternoon (Evening where I am).

Persona 2 is closer to the original in gameplay. Persona 3 is very much like Persona 4.

Top Bottom