• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

IceCold

Hopefully some of you guys will come through and post hot chicks.

Rnuln.jpg

Roki6

Banned
A few little predictions...

• Croatia to be the surprise of the tournament
  • Italy to fail spectacularly

I hope you will be right and we pass the group and Italy fails. If I can dream then Croatia - Italy 3:0 :)

But this is first big tournament in 20 years where I am not very confident in Croatian team. Most of key players are not in top form or they are in reserve in their clubs. Bilic was good (or lucky) until Turkey debacle at last Euro (still hurts!), but after that he lost it. With Stimac taking his place afer Euro I dont see anything good in next years. :(

My friends are holding tickets for me, but I dont feel like traveling for 10 hours to see how bad we are + those crazy prices.
But I hope I am wrong and I regret my decision. If not - well there is always Netherlands, my favorites since I was a kid

TLTR
Go Croatia! Go netherlands!
Italy please fail like Pippo Inzaghi in penalty area!

My picks:

Group A
1. Russia
2. Greece

3. Poland
4. Czech Republic

Group B
1. Germany
2. Portugal

3. Netherlands
4. Denmark

Group C
1. Croatia
2. Spain

3. Italy
4. Ireland

Group D
1. France
2. Ukraine

3. England
4. Sweden

My picks:

Group A
1. Russia
2. Czech Republic
3. Poland
4. Greece

Group B
1. Netherlands
2. Germany

3. Portugal
4. Denmark

Group C
1. Italy
2. Spain

3. Croatia
4. Ireland

Group D
1. France
2. England

3. Ukraine
4. Sweden

fuck it, I said that I jinx 'em but here goes

My picks:

Group A
1. Czech Republic
2. Russia

3. Poland
4. Greece

Group B
1. Portugal
2. Germany

3. Netherlands
4. Denmark

Group C
1. Italy
2. Spain

3. Ireland
4. Croatia

Group D
1. England
2. France

3. Ukraine
4. Sweden

Not rooting for any country in particular, I just want to see some of the best football possible.

Which means German European Domination, as it was always intended

My picks for the group stage:

Group A
1. Russia
2. Poland

3. Czech Republic
4. Greece

Group B
1. Germany
2. Portugal

3. Netherlands
4. Denmark

Group C
1. Italy
2. Spain

3. Ireland
4. Croatia

Group D
1. France
2. England

3. Ukraine
4. Sweden

rinse82

I am thankfull that Game 1 and Game 3 for Group B happen on a Saturday and on a Sunday

I am happy that Portugal is in the Group of Death, it will make it more intense, joyful or crushing depending on the outcome

I don't have big expectations but a win vs Germany or Netherlands will be +++ for me.

*I am not predicted shit LOL I am a jinx

All ENG games are during work which sucks balls for me.

I hope the team that plays the best creative football wins. Fuck the rest

Re: England

It'll be interesting to see what team he takes, especially in regards to their age. The loudest sentiment after South Africa was to drop the senior failures and start fresh.

FootballFan

Observe Portugal in attacking mode winning spain world champion by 4-0. They were left baffled, deservingly so.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a6_ldxKRM3c

...In a friendly. They also lost 4-1 to Argentina right after the WC. ARGENTINA! (lol)

Fact is Spain is like Barcelona without Messi, and Barcelona without Messi, are more about passing and keeping the ball than attacking. He has scored/assisted I believe 60% of Barcas goals this season. That is just way too much reliance on 1 player.

You mean for this?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DhYU_znLSRk

p.s. hidden camera caught Barcelona players training how to fake injuries and then shows how they use same moves in games vs Real.

¡¡Hala Madrid!!

Can't tell if serious... :S

With divers like Alves, Busquets, Di Maria, Marcelo, Masch, Ronaldo, Pepe etc on their teams neither Barca or Madrid fans should even talk about it..

vvvv
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KvfNIjyhae0

Other great stuff this season includes stepping on Messis hands (on purpose), there's really so many examples of him being a cunt.

StokEngland idea being put to a test in this tourney would be hilarious.

Clegg

Ferdinand's still a great centreback, but he's lost a step or two (or three), and he'd probably struggle to deal with some of the pacier attackers he'd face at the Euros.

And England will take Terry instead.

A man that falls on his face chasing after anyone with a bit of pace. A man that is boneheaded enough to get himself sent off in a Champions League semi-final by kicking an opponent for no fucking reason. A man that gets has declined so rapidly in his footballing abilities that he is only making the squad on reputation alone.

We keep hearing mention of "lionheart" John Terry but no-one seems to want to say that he's now a very average defender.

Overdoziz

Banned
Group A

Russia
Greece

Czech Republic
Poland

Group B

Germany
Netherlands

Portugal
Denmark

Group C

Spain
Ireland

Italy
Croatia

Group D

England
Sweden

France
Ukraine

No Italy or France. Calling it.

Terry and Ferdinand are both fucked. Ferdinand is injury prone and slowing, while Terry shits himself whenever he doesn't have someone covering his back when within 20 yards of a player with a modicum of pace, movement or close control. And even if he does do his job properly marking-wise, he'll probably fall over on his face at the worst possible time

Booya

Neo Member
Russia
Poland

Czech Republic
Greece

Group B

Germany
Netherlands

Portugal
Denmark

Group C

Spain
Italy

Ireland
Croatia

Group D

England
Sweden

France
Ukraine

Born in Poland living in Germany. My bets are made!

spwolf

I hope you will be right and we pass the group and Italy fails. If I can dream then Croatia - Italy 3:0 :)

But this is first big tournament in 20 years where I am not very confident in Croatian team. Most of key players are not in top form or they are in reserve in their clubs. Bilic was good (or lucky) until Turkey debacle at last Euro (still hurts!), but after that he lost it. With Stimac taking his place afer Euro I dont see anything good in next years. :(

My friends are holding tickets for me, but I dont feel like traveling for 10 hours to see how bad we are + those crazy prices.
But I hope I am wrong and I regret my decision. If not - well there is always Netherlands, my favorites since I was a kid

TLTR
Go Croatia! Go netherlands!
Italy please fail like Pippo Inzaghi in penalty area!

eh, 2002, 2004, 2006 we didnt have good team at all :).

With Stimac, Suker and big boss Mamic, i can see HNL disbanded within 3 years.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Can't wait for this. I hope we see some good football this year.

My picks:

Group A

Greece
Poland

Czech Republic
Russia

Group B

Germany
Netherlands

Portugal
Denmark

Group C

Spain
Italy

Ireland
Croatia

Group D

England
France

Ukraine
Sweden

A few little predictions...

• Germany to win
  • Spain to be boring and/or disappointing
  • England to exceed expectations (which are relatively low)
  • Croatia to be the surprise of the tournament
  • Italy to fail spectacularly
  • Ronaldo to actually have a good tournament
  • The Sun to make idiots of themselves
The last one's probably already happened. First one's probably going to happen. Fifth is expected to happen sometime during the tournament, lol.

xbhaskarx

So who are the most surprising omissions from this tournament? Belgium and maybe Turkey?

Edit: I just checked the latest FIFA rankings, and if they're not too crazy, I was way off, it's Switzerland and Norway...
hKxai.jpg

Wow 2,3,4, and 7 are in the same group.

doicare is not going to be happy about this.

Perhaps Rio is injured?

And England will take Terry instead.

A man that falls on his face chasing after anyone with a bit of pace. A man that is boneheaded enough to get himself sent off in a Champions League semi-final by kicking an opponent for no fucking reason. A man that gets has declined so rapidly in his footballing abilities that he is only making the squad on reputation alone.

We keep hearing mention of "lionheart" John Terry but no-one seems to want to say that he's now a very average defender.

Yeah, well on current form alone, I'd probably still take Rio over Terry.

But something tells me that this decision had certain...political motivations.

Socreges

Banned
lol... did he also make up cut scenes from the actual games showing how they fake it?
Don't recall saying Barcelona doesn't dive.

Group A

Russia
Poland

Czech Republic
Greece

Group B

Germany
Netherlands

Portugal
Denmark

Group C

Italy
Spain

Croatia
Ireland

Group D

England
France

Ukraine
Sweden

Polari

While announcing Terry's inclusion in the squad, Hodgson also unveiled England's kit designed by Terry himself:

3Qzb8.jpg

Also no Micah Richards is INSANE.

caramac

Big Andy to pick up the top scorer award at the euro's (if selected). He's picked his form up, those defences just won't be able to cope with the big man ............I do not jest.

bjaelke

bjaelke you put Sweden first of their group ? You're not a real Dan, spit it out !

It's all part of a bigger scenario. First we knock out host nation Poland and then proceed to break the Spanish curse by defeating the current European Champions in the semi final. We'll then go on to meet Sweden in the finals where we exaggerate our revenge after the infamous incident during the 2008 qualifiers.

I want to support but seeing players like Nelson Oliveira , Eduardo and Ruben Micael on the team makes it incredibly hard.
Nelson Oliveira has a lot of potential but we are talking about a striker that scored 3 goals in 20 games while Vaz Tê, who had an amazing season at West Ham with 21 goals scored in 40 games, stays at home.

Kenka

It's all part of a bigger scenario. First we knock out host nation Poland and then proceed to break the Spanish curse by defeating the current European Champions in the semi final. We'll then go on to meet Sweden in the finals where we exaggerate our revenge after the infamous incident during the 2008 qualifiers.
Just according to keikaku then.
I do remember that crazy game. You were trailing 3-0 behind and eventually scored the equalizer. Then, some penalty was whistled against you with only minutes left and a beer-belly stormed the pitch, trying to knock out the schiri.

That was indeed surreal. Thanks god Gravegaard was inbetween. He is one of the few danish players I've always liked with Töfting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom