• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Anyway, predictions:

GROUP A

Poland
Russia
Czech Republic
Greece

- Lewandowski to replicate his form with Dortmund this season and be Poland's catalyst.
- Russia to possibly pip Poland and top the group, but their match together is going to be one of the best of the tournament. Mark it down.
- Czech Republic are not as fine as they used to be, but they'll put up a decent fight.
- Otto isn't here to save Greece and the team is going to replicate their national politics by sinking without scoring a goal.

GROUP B

Germany
Netherlands
Portugal
Denmark

- Germany to dominate and play beautifully; their midfield is a dream team of young talent. I expect to see them win the tournament and set off a German domination for the next decade.
- The players and experience will take them through. They still have a great goalkeeper, good defense and midfield, and two strikers who dominated their respective seasons. Hopefully they can fire, as well.
- Their midfield is going to be mauled unless they work out some superb counter-attacks. Have a high chance of getting through so long as Ronaldo doesn't carry all the weight.
- A shame they were put here because I've always liked Denmark since the Laudrup brothers & Schmeichel days, so hopefully they will put up a fight. Eriksen to excite and spark incessant begging by fans for his signature out of Ajax.

GROUP C

Spain
Croatia
Ireland
Italy

- Spain will find it a bit harder than WC 2010, and maybe even lose a match, but they will still top the group.
- Croatia have some great players and I think they are going to be the dark horse of the tournament.
- Ireland will beat Italy. I personally hope they beat them all.
- Dark days ahead for the Italians. Going to be several years until they find their feet again, despite Buffon and co. being heroes for Juventus this season. May get over the line through defensive efforts and Pirlo being the ringmaster, but they'll need lady luck on their side.

GROUP D

England
France
Ukraine
Sweden

- The injection of Hodgson will possibly work wonders for England. The squad selection is going to be most interesting.
- France have the players to do it, Blanc is an awesome coach, but they need to nail down chemistry and consistency.
- Ukraine have a slim chance to get through this group due to the make-up of the roster and home ground advantage. Could become a neutral favourite.
- Sweden are going to rely upon Ibra and fail.
They will probably qualify. This is the 2nd group of death and realistically it can go either way.

Kenka

Read his book a month ago, not much good to be said for him despite him trying to sugar coat everything, even the things ending him to prison. He's a pundit here now and he's sooo bad.
I didn't know that he went to prison, just checked his Wiki page and holy hell: he found the bodies of both his parents at age 13 as he was routinely coming back from school. Horrifying stuff.

I didn't know that he went to prison, just checked his Wiki page and holy hell: he found the bodies of both his parents at age 13 as he was routinely coming back from school. Horrifying stuff.

Yep. The medias had agreed to not write about it for years but some shitty magazine then decided to bring the story during the world cup, after like 10 years of everyone agreeing not to do it out of respect for him and his family (it was pretty common knowledge in the press). He described coming home from some football camp and finding them in the book, kept on going though and played a match again the same week as he found them dead.

But even with all that, it's really hard to like the guy.

I do not see it happen that Portugal is going to win from Holland. Holland might lose from Germany, but I definitely see them winning from the rest. They have the strongest offense then all the other teams in that group.

NHale

I want to support but seeing players like Nelson Oliveira , Eduardo and Ruben Micael on the team makes it incredibly hard.
Nelson Oliveira has a lot of potential but we are talking about a striker that scored 3 goals in 20 games while Vaz Tê, who had an amazing season at West Ham with 21 goals scored in 40 games, stays at home.

Paulo Bento is doing what Paulo Bento does.

Nelson Oliveira was the 3rd/4th striker for Benfica and scored the impressive number of 0 goals in the championship! It's hilarious, how hype and newspaper pressure forces someone to call him to the Euro. While I think the kid will be a good player, he's not ready for this kind of games.

Then he calls Eduardo, a player that spent 99% of the year on the bench while Quim was playing every game for Braga and doing it very well.

He forgot about Manuel Fernandes (what other reason could it be?) after a great season at Besiktas while Ruben Micael is in. It's not like our midfield is full of great players to spend a spot in a below average player like Ruben Micael.

Paulo Bento is doing what Paulo Bento does.

Nelson Oliveira was the 3rd/4th striker for Benfica and scored the impressive number of 0 goals in the championship! It's hilarious, how hype and newspaper pressure forces someone to call him to the Euro. While I think the kid will be a good player, he's not ready for this kind of games.

Then he calls Eduardo, a player that spent 99% of the year on the bench while Quim was playing every game for Braga and doing it very well.

He forgot about Manuel Fernandes (what other reason could it be?) after a great season at Besiktas while Ruben Micael is in. It's not like our midfield is full of great players to spend a spot in a below average player like Ruben Micael.

Don´t forget Hugo Viana who had an amazing season but was also left out of the team.

kottila

Hodgson out already trending on twitter. They might be a terrible side, but at least England keeps bringing the drama

Roy Hodgson you complete and utter idiot, why the fuck are you taking that dirty racist cunt John Terry.

So happy I have bowed out of the England camp this summer, the thought of having to support a team which includes John Terry makes me sick.

Jamie OD

At least with Terry on the England squad we can look forward to when he inevitably falls flat on his face while chasing a striker.

krishian

Oh boy...
0DVuB.png

Hope we don't see something similar next month, this just feels wrong on so many levels.

D4Danger

Unconfirmed Member
Roy Hodgson you complete and utter idiot, why the fuck are you taking that dirty racist cunt John Terry.

So happy I have bowed out of the England camp this summer, the thought of having to support a team which includes John Terry makes me sick.

I with you there.

Terry is poison. I wish somebody had to balls to tell him to fuck off.

defel

I hope England perform really well just to prove all the pessimistic doubters wrong. Supporting England can be incredibly frustrating but Ill always give them my support.

pegaso

Neo Member
Look, I love England but I hope they crash again this Euro. I don't think I can handle both the tabloid puns and Terry's shit eating grin.

My money is on Spain again.

Yet I'm rooting for Germany and Holland in an epic final.
But let's not forget the strong Poland team. Pisczek, Kuba and Lewandowski are really some weapons there. (Heja, BVB)

NHale

Loving all the German support! Is no one worried about Spain?

Not really. Injuries and bad form from key players. Their defense is not as strong as previous tournaments. Sergio Ramos is a liability playing at CB and without Puyol they have to play Pique which had a terrible year.

Don't know if Arbeloa will be their right back, but well good luck to them if that's who they are going with. Offensively they have enough weapons but if you can't defend you will end up losing sooner or later.

Not really. Injuries and bad form from key players. Their defense is not as strong as previous tournaments. Sergio Ramos is a liability playing at CB and without Puyol they have to play Pique which had a terrible year.

Don't know if Arbeloa will be their right back, but well good luck to them if that's who they are going with. Offensively they have enough weapons but if you can't defend you will end up losing sooner or later.

I didn't know that Puyol wasn't playing.

Hopefully there won't be any injuries on the Bayern side, during this weekends Champions League final, because a lot of those players also play for the German team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom