• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Aren't you English?

Yes. However, I refuse to support any team which has that dirty racist cunt John Terry playing for them. I will be cheering England to lose every singe match.

I figure that the Dutch are closest to us in terms of culture so it will be easy to support them! I also love the away kit, so it gives me an excuse to buy it.

Gazzawa

Representing Ireland
Ireland are one of the poxiest teams in it so
Loss vs Croatia
Win Vs Spain
Loss Vs Italy

National pride restored.

Also subscribed.

Our history professor bought a vuvuzela and blasted it through high school during the WC. I really hope he isn't in the same mood again.

Desmond

I hate to bring politics into the thread.....

Ireland will be wearing black armbands in the match against Italy.

RTÉ said:
It will be the first time such a gesture has been allowed at a major international soccer tournament.
On 18 June 1994, patrons of a small bar at Loughinisland in Co Down were watching Ireland play Italy in the World Cup when loyalist gunmen from the UVF opened fire, killing six men.
Ireland is due to play Italy at the European Championships next month - 18 years to the day since the murders.
http://www.rte.ie/news/2012/0517/irish-soccer-team-to-honour-loughinisland-victims.html

I think it's a great gesture by FAI and UEFA

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
- Otto isn't here to save Greece and the team is going to replicate their national politics by sinking without scoring a goal.

[

WRONG

Greece is winning this Euro and already betted 300 bucks on them.

ELLAS! ELLAS!

greece-euro-2004-highlights.jpg

ronaldo_euro2004_c_1124813i.jpg

I can't believe Greece beat us again, how did they do it.

I'm Italian and I will support Italy of course.

Our team made a huge progress since the last world cup, and we already beat Spain in a friendly match.

I don't have high hopes, but I'm more confindent than I was during WC2010

If the defense works well, we can go far

caramac

We just need a new match-predicting animal.

England are going to fail so hard this summer...

Tipping Germany for Euro 2012 - bit devastated I have lost Paul the octopus for my bets though - made a fortune last time :-(

A pig it is then

"A unique oracle hog, a real Ukrainian pig and a psychic which knows the mysteries of football," a statement said. "Every day at 16.00 it will predict the result of the upcoming match.

Jal

Not this shit again, well at least losing to France, Ukraine and Sweden wont be as embarrassing as drawing with the US, subscribed.

I'm Italian and I will support Italy of course.

Our team made a huge progress since the last world cup, and we already beat Spain in a friendly match.

I don't have high hopes, but I'm more confindent than I was during WC2010

If the defense works well, we can go far

i think italy are kind of a dark horse for the tournament . . . no one is really discussing them, but they played very well in the qualifiers and have a completely new group of exciting players, as well as a good coach. they are a completely separate team from the world cup debacle.

i think italy should reach the semifinals, and with a little luck can with the tournament.

Unbelievable, how can Schweine miss?

If we had something in the bag, it were always the penalties....

I hope he's not mentally scarred now, lol :(

Chuckie

The game between Bayern and Chelsea reminded me a bit of the Netherlands vs Italy during Euro 2000. The Netherlands were on the offense constantly... even got two penalties (but missed both) and in the end lost in the penalty shootout.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
Oh boy...
0DVuB.png

Hope we don't see something similar next month, this just feels wrong on so many levels.

I am totally expecting something like this to happen.

For the record I still think it will be a Germany vs Netherlands final and this is what I stated months ago in IRC. Haters and naysayers be damned. I don't want to spout who I think I will win because, despite my soothsaying ability to predict international qualifiers and finals since World Cup '02, I tend to screw up whatever team I "support" for the ultimate final. At the end of the day all I wish for is a good tournament.

Kabouter

I am totally expecting something like this to happen.

For the record I still think it will be a Germany vs Netherlands final and this is what I stated months ago in IRC. Haters and naysayers be damned. I don't want to spout who I think I will win because, despite my soothsaying ability to predict international qualifiers and finals since World Cup '02, I tend to screw up whatever team I "support" for the ultimate final. At the end of the day all I wish for is a good tournament.

Eh. jakehk predicted Netherlands out in the group stage, that's what I'm going with. The man is a goddamn oracle. He even predicted Chelsea winning by PKs yesterday >_>.

The game between Bayern and Chelsea reminded me a bit of the Netherlands vs Italy during Euro 2000. The Netherlands were on the offense constantly... even got two penalties (but missed both) and in the end lost in the penalty shootout.

let's just make a deal that Robben can't take a single penalty and we will be fine ;)

Konosuke

It made me remember about the Euro 2004 final, even the kit colors were similar. I have this image burned in my mind of Greek fans waving their hands right before the corner like some sort of Spirit Bomb thing. I thought to myself, haha that won't work, and then Charisteas scored. Every time I heard his name I felt so bitter for years. Same thing with Schweinsteiger, but I feel less bitter now, thanks Chec.

What is the latest on the controversy stemming from last year involving France trying to introduce a quota to reduce the number of black and Arab players in their game?

Kurtofan

What is the latest on the controversy stemming from last year involving France trying to introduce a quota to reduce the number of black and Arab players in their game?

First I want to say it's not "France" but the French Football Federation.

Nothing came out of it as far as I know.Maybe some higher ups of the FFF got disciplinary sanctions.

Feature

Banned
Robben is a joke, cut to the center and shoot. He's the most predictable football player I've seen in my lifetime. Block that off and he's useless. Also very selfish.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Robben is a joke, cut to the center and shoot. He's the most predictable football player I've seen in my lifetime. Block that off and he's useless. Also very selfish.

he was good in the 2009/2010 season, then casillas stopped his one on one in the wc final and he became shit.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
holy shit just remembered how group b looked, lol that's brutal.

this is why I love the euros, you are guaranteed one group of death.

Jamie OD

Just read that this will be the last Euro tournament with 16 teams in the main competition. The next one will raise the number up to 24 teams. I think 16 teams is the perfect amount for a tournament of this size but if this makes it easier to qualify from now on then I won't be complaining.

Hackbert

today is the silly match of bayern vs netherlands n11.. such a stupid match in my opinion. Robben won´t even really play. And Bayern´s team must be still devastated and unmotivated.

nevertheless.. Avatar flagged.. check ^^

Chuckie

today is the silly match of bayern vs netherlands n11.. such a stupid match in my opinion. Robben won´t even really play. And Bayern´s team must be still devastated and unmotivated.

Yeah I am not even gonna watch that one.

Gambit

after Saturday's defeat they now halfed the ticket prices for today. They also realise that nobody's in the mood for tonight's game.

PS: would it look good if Sherlock's hat had a German flag on it? I also want to flag up.
It could look stupid with such a quintessentially English character, however.

What do you think? Should I ask in the avatar request thread?

didn't know this, gonna watch!

Which side will Robben play for though? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom