• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
untitled-8s8zrl.gif

This gif perfectly summarizes the match.

industrian

will gently cradle you as time slowly ticks away.
Congratulations to the Danes.

The Dutch passed and controlled the ball extremely well but just couldn't put it away. Having two handballs denied as well added to the shitty luck tonight.

Oh well, at least now the Netherlands will have a fire up their ass when they play Ze Germans next week.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
I love how Denmark doesnt even have to try and defend. Hollands passing is so shit all Denmark has to do is stand still and they'll get the ball.

And that was the story of the game, along with a zilliion missed chances. This could've been a 4-1 blowout.

Brutal no-call on the handball, though.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
ESPN's US coverage is odd. Why the hell would you want Lalas to say anything when Ballack is all sexed up and ready to speak his mind in measured English?

krishian

Perfect start to the tournament so far, now it's time to crush Portugal into the ground!

Denmark could actually qualify after this game, they could beat Portugal too...

that handball would have been the softest penalty ever. clearly ball to hand, nothing the defender can do. you gotta be a hardcore dutchie to suggest that should have been a pen.

Ushojax

Should probably not trust the 7-11 security cameras quite so much
Dutch dude kicked it into his arm. Not intentional.

Looks to me like he plays it with his upper arm before Huntelaar kicks it. His arm is in a questionable position there, outside the box that would be a nailed on free kick.

Socreges

Banned
"Dehli sips of Orange Crush"

Is that bad English or am I reading it wrong?

Anyway, gotta make sure I miss the OT if I'm watching recorded games. The titles definitely spoil the matches for anyone not watching live.

pringles

That's what you get for not having Real Netherlands Hero Kuyt in from the start.

Now I hope Germany also loses, these two are such huge favorites to win the tourney it would be fun to see them go down in the group stage.

Mastadon

Banned
Should have been a penalty, but honestly Holland should have had the game wrapped up long before that. They were wasteful in the first half, and devoid of ideas and energy in the second.

McNum

Wow, I didn't expect Denmark to win this one, and I'm from Denmark! Well done team! Even if Holland gave up way too many shots.

Good start to the tournament, now Germany and Portugal just need to tie.

markao

One of those days, ball just did no go in and once the subs started did looked more and more likely it would stay at 0-1.

Now we just need to get 6 points out of the next two matches and .............

oranjev9fjx.jpg

clemenx

Banned
Ehhhhh Denmark is underrated as fuck I wouldn't qualify this as an "upset" in the whole sense of the word. Surprising? Yes. But it isn't something crazy.

I get why Robben sucks right now because of that horrible CL final with Bayern...

But RvP really got no excuse, i mean he played the season of his life in the Premier League.. so WTF!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom