• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

spidye

So any other countries that I can support when Holland is gonna leave the tourney in 1 week?

germany-flag.gif

Fry

Daniel Agger Vs Holland: Pass Accuracy: 88.6% Tackles: 3/3 - 100% Clearances: 3/3 - 100% Interceptions: 7

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
Support Greece.

Euro 2012 Final

Greece - Germany

89th min.

Corner kick: Karagounis kicks, Papastathopoulos redeems himself with a tall header passing Neuer into the net.

1-0

Greek champions.

Garjon

I think what might be more worrying for Dutch fans is that their players looked absolutely knackered around 80 minutes in. Their passing became lethargic, whereas Denmark just soldiered on and if they really went for it, could have got another one themselves. When you look so tired after the first game in a group of death, you are in trouble.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
i was about to type that RVP didn't have a bad game, but i just saw that 2nd half miss and tumble.

if Robben bothered to look up instead of going into auto-pilot in the final third the Dutch could've won this handedly.

Socreges

Banned
that handball would have been the softest penalty ever. clearly ball to hand, nothing the defender can do. you gotta be a hardcore dutchie to suggest that should have been a pen.
Lunacy. I was happy to see Denmark win, but I'm saying that definitely should have been a PK. If you're going to argue no call since it was ball to hand, then I'll just point to the first instance where he deliberately rolled it on his arm/elbow to "handle the ball". PK 100%.

McNum

Ehhhhh Denmark is underrated as fuck I wouldn't qualify this as an "upset" in the whole sense of the word. Surprising? Yes. But it isn't something crazy.
Shush you, you're not supposed to know that.

It's just silly little Denmark getting into a tournament with the big boys despite sucking so much. Clearly, any team would be able to beat us soundly. Yup. Please do underestimate us. Again.

That said, the Germany and Portugal matches are going to be nasty, Germany in particular. We kind of have to hope the other teams tie or steal points from each other.

Lunacy. I was happy to see Denmark win, but I'm saying that definitely should have been a PK. If you're going to argue no call since it was ball to hand, then I'll just point to the first instance where he deliberately rolled it on his arm/elbow to "handle the ball". PK 100%.

dude he was like two feet away from huntelaar, who kicked it right up into him. if that is a pk, players should just try to kick the ball into people's arms in the box instead of playing the game.

ref did a good job and used common sense.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
i would love to see Ronaldo and Nani show up to a tournament, love it

CrunchyB

Definitely not what I was expecting. I was already worried about Portugal and Germany, this has now been multiplied by 1000 :eek:

Robben was pretty bad and still he almost scored.
Van Persie played ok, aside from the fact that, you know, he wasted all those chances.
Huntelaar's single chance was a great save by the goalie. Should have been brought earlier.
Van de Vaart was shit. Don't know what was up with that.
Stekelenburg should have stopped that. Sigh.
Sneijder was ok.
And Jethro Willems was surprisingly good, better at attacking than defending though.

So...dinner and up to the next match. Should be fun to watch at least.

Should have been a penalty

No
And that's it! I think it was a deserved win for Denmark, shocking finishing by Holland and good defending by Denmark. Should have been a penalty at the death though.

Haha, nice. I prefer the Flying Dutchman though. :p

No

There was penalty

No

Not being intentional doesn't mean the ref can't give a penalty.

According to the rules of the game, a penalty in this context can only be given for deliberate handball.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/lotg_en_55753.pdf

dude he was like two feet away from huntelaar, who kicked it right up into him. if that is a pk, players should just try to kick the ball into people's arms in the box instead of playing the game.

He hit the ball before huntelaar kicked it, he basically charged into the ball with his arm/hand. Which was the first handball, the second was when Huntelaar kicked it.

soepje

Dutch dude kicked it into his arm. Not intentional.
And then he accidently landed the ball from his arm right in front of his good foot to kick it far away :p..

Congrats to the Danes though! Holland lost from itself here.. Too many missed chances.

Socreges

Banned

I don't think you even know what I'm pointing to. The ball hit his hand twice. Go watch the replay again. The first time was when he first came in and it rolled from his shoulder to elbow. He deliberately tried to push it away with his arm. That's a hand ball.

No

No

No

According to the rules of the game, a penalty in this context can only be given for deliberate handball.

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/federation/lotg_en_55753.pdf
Yes.

Where's Sunhi when you need him? We need a gif in here

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
:lol

Ballack just called Gomez a 'sensitive player,' which is why he has to start over Klose the mercenary. ESPN needs Lalas to shut up and let Ballack talk more.

He hit the ball before huntelaar kicked it, he basically charged into the ball with his arm/hand. Which was the first handball, the second was when Huntelaar kicked it.

I don't think you even know what I'm pointing to. The ball hit his hand twice. Go watch the replay again. The first time was when he first came in and it rolled from his shoulder to elbow. He deliberately tried to push it away with his arm. That's a hand ball.

oh, i didn't see the first one. that is really hard to see though, can't blame the ref for that. i don't even think huntelaar noticed, or he would have started crying to the ref earlier.

no way the second one was a penalty though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom