• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

wrowa

Germany was the better team, but both teams definitely need to improve their play a lot if they want to have a chance in the tourney...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I was watching the game while gaming and completely missed the one goal - I thought it was gonna end as a tie.

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Off topic but 3-3 Brazil-Argentina. Last I saw that game Segio Romero had a shitty punch out which Hulk capitalised on to put Brazil up 3-2

D

Deleted member 81567

Unconfirmed Member
You guys don't get it. The thread titles are supposed to be amazingly bad puns.

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I think its fair to say Russia set the standard so far, very impressive

Meier

I just can't believe Varela didn't score near the end... that would have been perfect :/

He just stood there for a solid second or two. Stunning. The save was solid from Neuer but it was super easy.. shot along the ground after a delayed reaction. Varela has the easiest goal of his life if he reacts quicker.

zou

Glad we won, though pretty disappointing showing overall. Reminded me of the old German team.

Hummels was nice though :)

krishian

Germany and Denmark will both go through after Day 2, calling it now

Not a great game, but a win is a win. And atleast the CB problem seems to be fixed now, great performance from Hummels and Badstuber

Jay Sosa

Those title changes are hilarious. Pretty lame game but was to be expected after two entertaining ones (haven't seen the opener).

Gambit

Great stuff, awesome second half.

Germany's defence was really solid, Hummels and Badstuber could form one of the best defensive partnerships of the world really.

Midfield was a bit off for most of the match, I hope Kroos starts the next match. And Reus.

Schweinsteiger worked hard to get into the game, he wasn't successful yet, but next game he'll be there.

Hummels and Badstuber will be the CB pairing for sure now. Big problem solved.

That should be a certainty now.

Xater

Glad we won, though pretty disappointing showing overall. Reminded me of the old German team.

Hummels was nice though :)

Totally. Although they won I bet Löw is not going to be happy with them. I expect them to improve though.

IceCold

Fixed. Honestly set up the best chances - his team let him down. But yeah all in all gutted for portugal. In the end the German goal came from a deflected cross - so they really could not cross well all game :p

Yup. He didn't play as bad as people here are saying. The problem is that initially both teams were playing too negative in the beginning. They were too scared to concede a goal and were practically playing for a draw. Once Germany scored, Portugal started to press much more but it was too little too late at that point. But they should have scored :(

The good about this score is that it will cause Portugal to press hard on the next games.

Also fuck the German fans in the stadium.

Gambit

and khedira was awful. not even one useful moment from him. he was just there but not much else

I'd prefer Kroos as well. In big games, he usually bothers to show up. I would think a Euro would qualify.

Kroos is simply a better footballer.

MMaRsu

Germany - Portugal

1-0

jVGfs.gif

dutchlion.jpg

Blablurn

Mehmet Scholl calling out Gomez on TV right now. He is so right. Gomez had is 2-3 scenes including the goal and that's it!

u can argue for both. mario gomez is icecold on the one hand. on the other hand that what scholl said. its a difficult topic.

Jay Sosa

what do you expect from a Sporting goalkeep and Sporting coach?

Rui Patricio sucks, make Eduardo start next match

Yep..it was all the goalies fault. He was atrocious.

Jesus, portuguese is such an awful sounding language

Mehmet Scholl calling out Gomez on TV right now. He is so right. Gomez had is 2-3 scenes including the goal and that's it!

well duh?

That's what he's doing this entire season (career). The fuck cares as long as he scores the winner?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom