• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
untitled-8m7k2f.gif

Messi's third goal tonight!

tumblr_lmr4px9tBz1qg5lpy.gif

spidye

lol, what? I just said that we don't have a chance than to field him if Klose is not fit. And Löw would've kept his ass off the pitch if Klose was fit too.
How is having a different play style that doesn't fit the German style gives him every right to be on the field? wut?
The teams needs the ability to involve the striker into its play and with Gomez that's barely possible.
He scores goals yes, but if he doesn't (which happens quite often) his contribution to the game (incl. assists) is almost zero unlike in case of Lewandowski or Klose.

What's there to discuss? Get off that Bayern cool aid.
I should go and look for Bayern fan quotes right after that CL final?* Your lot didn't sound so bullish about him back then..
* not gonna waste my time on that though, lol
wait, are you using emotional outbursts of some people on a video game forum after a lost match as an argument?
come one son, you're better than this.

anyway, what I'm saying has nothing to do with my bayern affinities. As long as he scores goals he as every right to be on the pitch and I'm sure none cares if klose has one assist more or not. 10 goals in the last eleven matches for germany is no small feat.
and if he doesn't score any goals anymore then he should not play with this team. easy as that.

wait, are you using emotional outbursts of some people on a video game forum after a lost match as an argument?
come one son, you're better than this.
I'm not using anything, I jokingly threatened to go look for those quotes and you readily caved. Sort of speaks volumes of your hypocrisy.
Did you just call me son? Ok, then.

anyway, what I say has nothing to do with my bayern affinities. As long as he scores goals he as every right to be on the pitch and I'm sure none cares if klose has one assist more or not. 10 goals in the last eleven matches for germany is no small feat.
Welp, with having said the above you just basically confirm your shallow understanding of the game. Similar to this nugget:
badstuber and hummels are the same player type (playmaking cb). dortmund and bayern have one cb who acts more defensively than those two and that's why their defense works. putting the two on the pitch is suicide.
Right on!

Oh those 10 goals? 8 or so of them were scored vs. shitty opponents where we mostly won leading by 2 goals, scoring more than 3. Plainly looking at statistics is pretty dumb anyways, doicare's Lewandowski slam should've showed you that..

/off for today

Dibbz

so wait, you judge him after he played awful in one match? robben and ribery didn't have one chance against chelsea so they're bad too?

It was the CL final man. If you can't play well when it matters the most then what good is the rest?

Personally I just don't think he offers much. Most of his goals come from the team putting it on a plate for him.

spidye

I'm not using anything, I jokingly threatened to go look for those quotes and you readily caved. Sort of speaks volumes of your hypocrisy.
Did you just call me son? Ok, then.
it was a joke, dude. just because I don't put lols at the end of my sentence like you do doesn't mean I mean it seriously. come on son should have signaled you that I wasn't that serious. and how does it speak for my hypocrisy?
please elaborate. I am genuinly interested as why you think that.

Welp, with having said the above you just basically confirm your shallow understanding of the game. Similar to this nugget:

my shallow understanding? are you serious?
and what I said about those two was not wrong. up to this game hummels played mediocre for the german nt. this was his first game for germany where he played without any mistakes

Oh those 10 goals? 8 or so of them were scored vs. shitty opponents where we mostly won leading by 2 goals, scoring more than 3. Plainly looking at statistics is pretty dumb anyways, doicare's Lewandowski slam should've showed you that..

/off for today
but how else can I prove it to you that gomez' playstyle is as effective as klose's? it's different for sure but not inferior
and seriously, how about you turn your condescending tone down? can you once argue without attacking personally? when did I say anything about your understanding or hypocrisy?

It was the CL final man. If you can't play well when it matters the most then what good is the rest?

Personally I just don't think he offers much. Most of his goals come from the team putting it on a plate for him.

well if it's that easy than there's nothing more to say, is it? only müller scored so that means everyone else doesn't offer much.
did you see one game from gomez for bayern other than the cl final?

anyways, I'm done with arguing. I'm not going to change how you guys think about one player and it seriously doesn't interest me anymore.

Stan collymore tweeted that they had to walk 15k back to hotel, no public transport allowed within 10k of the stadium.

In the end he got a rogue can

Wtf is that shit

FootballFan

Denmark deserved it. Such a bad performance from Holland.

Please Affelay & Van Persie, never put on the orange jersey ever again.

How is Afellay in any way at fault. Don't be so blind with hate. Him and Sneijder were good imo. RVP and Robben on the other hand.. yeah.

Booya

Neo Member
Woah... what a game. The last 10 minutes made me three years older, but we get the three points. SCHLAND!

Im terribly sorry for the ratio and quality of the following video, just want to show real quick the tradition in, i believe, many german towns to go on the street and party hard. the police plays their sirens to get the party up and its allowed for the evening to just jump around on the street and have a good time.
I think its not allowed in polska, but im curious as to how the rules and tolerance from the police is when the home country wins a game and people run around yelling, drinking and celebrating on the streets?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jaL4aF3f780&feature=plcp

Dibbz

well if it's that easy than there's nothing more to say, is it? only müller scored so that means everyone else doesn't offer much.
did you see one game from gomez for bayern other than the cl final?

I saw the German Cup final against Dortmund

lol

I can not understand why van Marwijk just keeps putting on van Persie. He was horrible in the entire World Cup 2010. Did not score a goal once and is not fit for the Dutch team. Now the EC2012 starts, his first match again, and every ball contact was absolutely terrible. He wandered around the pitch at positions where he should not even be. With Huntelaar as your striker you will always know what you got in your team. Give him the balls that van Persie got in this match and he would have scored. I would even bet my left ball for that.

Now another thing that caught my attention. Van der Wiel. Terrible defender. He keeps walking back and back and back until he reaches his own 16 and after that he can not even defend a simple cross. We need Boulahrouz at that position against both Germany and Portugal. People might say he is terrible but nothing can be worse than Van der Wiel. He is more aggressive and actually defends harder.

Next position. Van Bommel can only play 1 half. This is a fact after this match. He was dead tired after the first half. No surprise for his age (35). Replace Van der Vaart with van Bommel and move De Jong to the position of van Bommel.

These three positions are the bottleneck for this Dutch squad. Change that and we will have the chance to both win against Germany and Portugal because that match was just boring with no great attacks and no inspiration.

PaulLFC

Holland lost me my accumulator today, would have been 3/6 with 3 teams still to play had they won. It's alright though, Germany won me the huge total of £2.70 so it's not all bad.

Arjen

I can not understand why van Marwijk just keeps putting on van Persie. He was horrible in the entire World Cup 2010. Did not score a goal once and is not fit for the Dutch team. Now the EC2012 starts, his first match again, and every ball contact was absolutely terrible. He wandered around the pitch at positions where he should not even be. With Huntelaar as your striker you will always know what you got in your team. Give him the balls that van Persie got in this match and he would have scored. I would even bet my left ball for that.

Now another thing that caught my attention. Van der Wiel. Terrible defender. He keeps walking back and back and back until he reaches his own 16 and after that he can not even defend a simple cross. We need Boulahrouz at that position against both Germany and Portugal. People might say he is terrible but nothing can be worse than Van der Wiel. He is more aggressive and actually defends harder.

Next position. Van Bommel can only play 1 half. This is a fact after this match. He was dead tired after the first half. No surprise for his age (35). Replace Van der Vaart with van Bommel and move De Jong to the position of van Bommel.

These three positions are the bottleneck for this Dutch squad. Change that and we will have the chance to both win against Germany and Portugal because that match was just boring with no great attacks and no inspiration.

Couldn't agree more. Van marwijk tactic is failing, and he should have played way more offensive against a team like Denmark. To bad he's a stubborn dude, so there's no way in hell he'll be changing his team.

-MB-

Couldn't agree more. Van marwijk tactic is failing, and he should have played way more offensive against a team like Denmark. To bad he's a stubborn dude, so there's no way in hell he'll be changing his team.

That tactic worked when we had a better team in 2010, but now we have a few glaring weaknesses, and that same stubborness will be our undoing.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Missed the game live but that was a top quality finish from Gomez, brilliantly placed.

Caoz

Glad that Germany won but damn that was a boring match And Portugal was very unlucky during the last 15 min.

Just watched the goal of germany vs portugal and was reminded of the episode of the simpsons where they make fun of soccer. Was Portugal "playing" like this the whole game before the goal? Looks like they were just watching the germans pass the ball around.

Karud

No offence, but why do posters post something on an English speaking forum, in a foreign language and not be helpful and post a translation?

It's a tram-station in Berlin and the sign reads: "No Service. Reason: Celebrations due to victory of Germany against Portugal"

I watched with some friends at the university and Germany will get some trouble if they continue to play like that. Classic "Rumpelfußball"...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom