• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gambit

Mehmet Scholl calling out Gomez on TV right now. He is so right. Gomez had is 2-3 scenes including the goal and that's it!

He is right, but Gomez has improved considerably over the last two years. He will continue to do so. Also, Klose is useful off the bench. Gomez is not.

Just for a half.

He did seem knackered. Mourinho also knows he won't make it through 90 mins.

fuenf

He is right, but Gomez has improved considerably over the last two years. He will continue to do so. Also, Klose is useful off the bench. Gomez is not.

I'm not sure if Gomez is the ideal fit with Podolski on the LW. I think he could really benefit from a guy like Schürrle or Götze there, while Podolski seems to be the better fit with Klose.

In all fairness, Gomez has missed many, many sure chances this season (and throughout his career), that statistic is a bit misleading. Really depends on his form of the day.

Actually he doesnt miss many sitters, it's kind of the reputation he has but he converts just as much chanes as other world class strikers.

spidye

In all fairness, Gomez has missed many, many sure chances this season (and throughout his career), that statistic is a bit misleading.

so? even messi missed so many chances in the chelsea match alone including a penalty.
you can't expect him to score every chance.

markao

If portugal had actually tried to attack for the first half of the game they could have created a bit more luck
Disagree

Germany as team is fantastic when they get space to run in to (Eng/Arg WC , Hol friendly), Portugal took that away by sitting back. They had the far bigger chances, just lack a little luck for one to go in, so I think a draw would have been a fairer result.

Mourinho in AlJazeera Sport
Arab Monaayyyy

MKy7a.jpg
Definitely need a bigger picture of this, can almost make out the crowd behind him.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Just had to check in to see the thread title. It's glorious.

Not a great match; it was a disappointing showing for the Germans, imo. Good work from Hummels.

MMaRsu said:
Soyouresayingtheresachance.gif
Exactly my thoughts when this game finished. Yeeeeaaaaah~

Mr Coke said:
I think its fair to say Russia set the standard so far, very impressive
This. That game was super-exciting to watch. Well, both matches were good in comparison, I think.

feel

I was expecting a trashing so I'm kind of ok with this defeat. Germany didn't really look superior to me, I'm proud of our boys, I think we were unlucky not to get out of it with a point or even 3, but fair result either way, congrats to Germany.

Would've been nice to have been awarded that penalty when Lahm dived in front Varela's ball in the end and extended his arm touching the ball with his hand, even if it didn't deflect the shot that much.

Onwards to the next two games, I'm a bit more confident in our team now, we can do this (by this I mean get past the group stage).

spidye

He still has to do more for the whole game.

if you compare him with someone like lewandowski or klose who does much more for the game but scores much less goals then yes he has to do much more for the game.
but I don't need him to do much for the game. His purpose on the field is to score goals. over 40 last season is no small feat

Wilbur

Banned
if you compare him with someone like lewandowski or klose who does much more for the game but scores much less goals then yes he has to do much more for the game.
but I don't need him to do much for the game. His purpose on the field is to score goals. over 40 last season is no small feat

Lewandowski is shit, his passing accuracy is only 73.1%

So what? Others score because their work and so it pays off in the long run. It's called assists.
If his purpose in the national team to simply wait for the crosses then he shouldn't play in the national team.
However if Klose is injured we don't really have a choice.

Fry

So what? Others score because their work pays off in the long run. It's called assists.
If his purpose in the national team to simply wait for the crosses then he shouldn't play in the national team.

Even when he gives Germany the 3 points like today? ;)

hertog

Denmark deserved it. Such a bad performance from Holland.

Please Affelay & Van Persie, never put on the orange jersey ever again.

rodvik

Surprisingly decent quality games so far. Its still slower paced and more error prone than top league football but it aint bad.

are you guys quoting each other although you live in the same house?
it's always odd to me
:)

There is a reason for that. :)

Even when he gives Germany the 3 points like today? ;)

Well, but how can you tell if Klose wouldn't score 3 goals instead of just giving us 3 points? ;)
I don't really hate him it's just that Klose is a way better fit for the system for the system Löw plays.

/so many typos :(

Wilbur

Banned
are you guys quoting each other although you live in the same house?
it's always odd to me
:)

I'm out at the moment but sometimes I'm tempted to quote him because calling him a twat in both real life and on here is so rewarding.

Plus he notifies me when my mum wants me when I'm out.

Been saying that since the CL final. He got a goal today but I still wouldn't trust him.
This, I still don't trust him, not the most quickest and selfless player on the pitch. He got lucky today, his height gives him quite the advantage on crosses against opponents that are shorter than him. Not the most creative of finishers: I really hope Klose can get more play time this tournament.

spidye

So what? Others score because their work and so it pays off in the long run. It's called assists.

yeah, so what does that has to do with anything I wrote? he scores goals and is as important for the team like lewandowski or klose are.
just a different play style and success gives him every right to be on the pitch
thankfully you don't decide if he should play for the national team or not.

I was pretty impressed by Portugal today. When they came out of their defensive lives and played, they were far more dangerous and creative than Germany - who were lacklustre at best. These two will probably qualify from the group in my opinion. The Dutch need to play with more than one up front - RVP was so isolated throughout the game and it was quite common to see them play without anyone in the box entirely.

Best team we've seen so far has been Russia. Dark horses?

I'm out at the moment but sometimes I'm tempted to quote him because calling him a twat in both real life and on here is so rewarding.

Plus he notifies me when my mum wants me when I'm out.

Well I guess that explains you giving me the blank stare when I suggested both of your fathers should hang out, you asshole!

Lightning

Banned
Denmark deserved it. Such a bad performance from Holland.

Please Affelay & Van Persie, never put on the orange jersey ever again.
Seriously? Okay so he had a bad game. Get over it.

Stuff it so we lost. Now the boys need to pick themselves up and beat Germany. We've got the players to get it done, we just have to put it on the pitch. Come on RVP I have faith in you!

yeah, so what does that has to do with anything I wrote? he scores goals and is as important for a team like lewandowski or klose. just a different play style and gives him every right to be on the pitch
thankfully you don't decide if he should play for the national team or not.

lol, what? I just said that we don't have a choice than to field him if Klose is not fit. And Löw would've kept his ass off the pitch if Klose was fit too.
How does "having a different play style" that doesn't fit the German style give him "every right to be on the field"? wut?
The teams needs the ability to involve the striker into its play and with Gomez that's barely possible.
He scores goals yes, but if he doesn't (which happens quite often) his contribution to the game (incl. assists) is almost zero unlike in case of Lewandowski or Klose.

What's there to discuss? Get off that Bayern cool aid.
I should go and look for Bayern fan quotes right after that CL final?* Your lot didn't sound so bullish about him back then..
* not gonna waste my time on that though, lol

/typos, lots of them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom