• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
The number you don't get when you buy them, the colors are totally different from those photoshopped pictures.
All shops here are packed with those shirt, and I think they look like shit. Doesn't matter if I accidentally took a wrong pic of the internet.

[IMG'http://www.online-voetbalshirtjes.nl/image/cache/data/Nike%20Nederlands%20Elftal%20Authentic%20Shirt%20Thuis-500x500.jpg[/IMG]

Well I would have to disagree cause that looks much better than what you posted (collar is also different). Of course you have to pay extra for the number but... It's not like it's impossible

Chuckie

Well I would have to disagree cause that looks much better than what you posted. Of course you have to pay extra for the number but... It makes it look so much better so surely you would do that.

Ok, you are right that it indeed looks better than the knock-off I posted accidentally.
However I still really dislike the two different colors of orange in that weird pattern.
The 2008 version is (according to me) much much better, with the dutch flag in the collar.

I am starting to like the away jersey though.
39409.jpg

Jay Sosa

Where did you get this image? That's not the kit. It's a terrible fake lol

YXOXZ.jpg

yeah that's much much better. lol.

I do understand that they want to sell new shirts but come on..how can you possibly fuck up a netherlands home shirt?

If Cassano is fit...him and Balotelli are capable of terrorising any defense

Or rather terrorising their own fans. Balotelli might be the worst case of wasted talent ever.

Or rather terrorising their own fans. Balotelli might be the worst case of wasted talent ever.

Lets wait a few years before saying Balotelli is a waste of talent. Currently he is 21 years old and playing for a team that has just won premier league, even made the assist for one of the most dramatic matches that won them the league. He might do some dumb things every now and then and have a bad attitude, but it's nothing like Mutu getting his contract terminated in Chelsea after failing drug tests or Ravel Morrison being... Ravel Morrison. If everything goes bad Balotelli will go to Milan where they can handle him.

sneaky77

I'm glad Villa is not going to make it, it would have been ridiculous to take him in the first place I am not sure why he was in doubt.. he just came out of a broken leg and has not played a competitive match in 7 months.

Italy are under-rated.

If Cassano is fit...him and Balotelli are capable of terrorising any defense. Italy also conceeded just 2 goals in the qualifers.
Midfield is not bad too with a trio of De Rossi - Pirlo - Thiago Motta. With Either Montolivo or Giovinco as trequartista.
I don't think they are under-rated at all. I'm rooting for them but even Prandelli has come out and said they aren't winning this tournament. Team is young and in-experienced. This isn't our tournament I don't think.

But as you mentioned, I can't wait to see Balotelli and Cassano give the opposition fits.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
what in the shit NL way to lose to bayern, there goes my test bet.

also any euros looking to gamble on euro cup? I found a referal scheme where you can get 15 free euros for gambling (with a ten euro deposit).

Unsure on the referal 'okness' on gaf but it benefits the person signed up, not the referrer (unless the person being referred gambles a lot). But anyway, my colleague put down 10 and now has 25 eurobux to gamble on the cup (via bwin which is safe/secure site).

If anyone was thinking about it and wanted free monies, then drop me a PM... any signed up bwin user can refer people as well.

Roelatie

yesterday was a B team! Testing if everyone was up for the test. Saturday will be more of a test because Van Marwijk has 2 send 4 guys home. Lets hope Bouma, de Jong will leave.

Damn I want that Holland Shirt badly!

Bayern vs Holland

What a stupid match that was. Lack of motivation from both sides and it was more of a test match for Bert van Marwijk to see who he can bring along and who has to go. By the start of the 2nd half there was not even oné player of the basic 11 on the pitch, with the exception of Robben who fell in the 75th minute.

I am not at all worried about the defense while some people claim that to be the bottleneck for Holland to be able to win the EC 2012. It is not like Germany has a better defense. I have to say that, on paper, England has the best defense but that does not count for shit when you do not play as a team which Germany, Spain and Holland always seem to do best.

It is going to be a tough call. Holland in its fleshed out form of attackers with Van Persie, Huntelaar, Robben, Affelay (hate Kuyt), Sneijder and Van der Vaart. They got the 6 best attack-focused players of all the countries combined. Germany is a tournament player, and we all know that. The more they play, the better they get. Spain is.. well they are Spain.

Who is going to tag along as 4th? I say that France holds that place. The rest will just have to make do.

do we have any words on username flags? otherwise i need to prepare my avatar, sadly we can't annoy you with our terrible team so i will have to root for our big brother germany.

fuenf

I am not at all worried about the defense while some people claim that to be the bottleneck for Holland to be able to win the EC 2012. It is not like Germany has a better defense. I have to say that, on paper, England has the best defense but that does not count for shit when you do not play as a team which Germany, Spain and Holland always seem to do best.

You've got to be kidding me. Neuer - Lahm - Badstuber - Hummels - X is a world class defensive line. Neuer is arguably the best goalkeeper in the world, Lahm is a world class right back, Badstuber and especially Hummels arent that far behind either. Only the leftback position is a questionmark but even there, there's a solid option with Schmelzer (or even Lahm and using Boateng / Höwedes as rightback).

You've got to be kidding me. Neuer - Lahm - Badstuber - Hummels - X is a world class defensive line. Neuer is arguably the best goalkeeper in the world, Lahm is a world class right back, Badstuber and especially Hummels arent that far behind either. Only the leftback position is a questionmark but even there, there's a solid option with Schmelzer (or even Lahm and using Boateng / Höwedes as rightback).

I rate Lahm in the same league as Van der Wiel.
Neuer? He's good but have we forgotten about Stekelenburg and his tremendous saves in the WC 2010?

All I am saying is that people tend to favor Germany all the way but seem to forget that they lost against France a couple of months ago and also did not reach the finals of WC 2010. For me there are three favorites. No more, no less.

speedpop

Has problems recognising girls
I think Germany will leak a few easy goals on the way. As will most teams quite frankly, outside of the Italians and maybe England.

The tournament is going to be won by the team who can score the most goals.

fuenf

Neuer? He's good but have we forgotten about Stekelenburg and his tremendous saves in the WC 2010?

All I am saying is that people tend to favor Germany all the way but seem to forget that they lost against France a couple of months ago and also did not reach the finals of WC 2010. For me there are three favorites. No more, no less.

I'll give you that Lahm has been a little inconsistent in the last couple of years but he regained his form this season and was simply world class in the Champions League. Stekelenburg is good but Neuer is better.

And why didnt Germany reach the WC 2010 final? Spain, which i know you thrashed.. oh wait. The match against France was a meaningless friendly and Germany didnt field their best team. In fact, i even think that Germany's offense is equal to yours (or at least not far behind). Anything short of winning the Euro would be a massive disappointment for Germany.

Kenka

Calm down, fünf only was mentioning sheer quality. van der Wiel is good no question but if he was as good as Lahm, he would earn 8M€ in a big club. Same for Stekelenburg, you seem to forgot also that the NED lost to Germany with 3-0 some months ago too. But I must say, your remark about the France game is correct. Germany also drew Polska and Ukraine, in all three games, the opponent scored thanks to defensive errors. Totally correct.

Now I do think that Badstuber and Schmelzer got better inbetween and that they will form a reliable line in the back. Germany will be able to count on their individuals.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
spain still has the best team in the euros, even without puyol or villa. dat midfield.

Kiraly

man such lovely weather in the Netherlands currently, sun is shining and it is HOT

this weather makes me so excited for the Euros

Hackbert

man such lovely weather in the Netherlands currently, sun is shining and it is HOT

this weather makes me so excited for the Euros

for sure ^^ (lower saxony here)
First half of the day consists of swimming/lying at the sea and afternoon/evening of BBQ and soccer. that´s the life

^ Awesome! Polska-Gaf unite!

Poland have tended to bottle it on the big occasion in the last few tournaments we've entered. Our team is OK, with the Dortmund players possessing genuine class and ability to mix it with the best of them. If we can beat Greece in the first game, I think we'll progress out of groups, but I dread another 2002 situation where we were also drawn in a relatively easy group after an impressive qualifying campaign and simply did not show up.

I really wished Shinji Kagawa was Polish, because the Lewdanowski / Kagawa combination at Dortmund is potent to say the least!

Come on Polska!

Roelatie

You meant Bruma and Boulharouz, right ?

I would keep Boulharouz, he aint that good but we need defenders with international experience. Luuk de Jong has 2 go. we got better players

Bouma plays at PSV, but he had a bad season.

i still root for Holland but i really think we dont have what it takes to become first!
our defense aint is our achilles heel and everyone knows that. I know our attacking skills are the best among other teams but Van Marwijk relies to much on defending. Thats why he plays with Van Bommel and Nigel the jong in front of the centre.

I am also glad we lost from Germany 2 months ago. We were living a dream and sometimes you need to lose to keep yourself focussed.

Sylver

Banned
Villa definitely out of Euro 2012
http://www.rfef.es/index.jsp?nodo=39&ID=5057

A press release by the Spanish Football Federation has announced that David Villa will not be in the Spain squad for the upcoming European Championships in Ukraine and Poland.

It was expected that the Asturian striker would not be fit in time for the tournament, as he has not played a game since 15 December 2011, when he broke his leg while playing for Barcelona against Al Sadd in the World Club Championship in Tokyo.

Villa trained with Barcelona's youth team today and afterwards called Vicente Del Bosque to tell him that he was still not ready to play for the first team.

Villa is Spain's top scorer of all team, overtaking Raúl's record of 44 goals in March 2011, when he scored a brace against the Czech Republic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom