• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jubern

FINALLY a shot.

And it's over. What a pathetic showing, it was definitely the worst game of the Euro so far.

I'm pretty sure we could have won it, if only they cared to try a little more, but I guess I'll have to content with that one point :/

Kozak

Banned
Great game. I didn't find it as boring as others haha. I quite enjoyed these two grinding out a point. France was pretty poor tbh, they relied more on England making mistakes than making things happen themselves.

Nasri's goal was a result of defensive mistake.

bjaelke

England can be happy with getting 1 point. They were absolutely lost without Rooney up front. Will have to see how Ukraine and Sweden perform, but I wouldn't be surprised if one of those teams clinched second and France took first in the group.

Decent from England. That's the toughest game in the group and we got the draw. Not too many positives but the team looked organised which is good I guess.

We will have to play with more positivity and confidence against the other two sides though. England need Rooney back.

England should take this point and run.

Totally unexpected against a team in better form at the moment. They should pick up the three points against both Sweden and Ukraine and look to be in good standing to get out of the group.

Rad-

untitled-8esgck.gif

About sums up the match.

"Man fuck that shit"

squicken

That was awful. I don't know if it's the crushing press they have, but England always plays so joylessly. It seemed like at 89:00 both sides would have been content if Hart would have just held the ball through stoppage time

Bento

Good result for us, but on that performance we won't go far at all.
You have a good defence at least and with Rooney on the pitch you might get a better offense. So it's not all gloom for England and I think the upcoming two games will put the English team in better light, this was a tough game.

France looking strong but do they have any strikers? There's just no one there in the box :S

Jal

I'll take that, barring any fuck ups in Sweden another point and then Rooney will single handedly destroy the Ukraine.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
1. Ref was shite.
2. 1 was in no way the reason we didn't win however, really dull second half, will take the point fairly happily.

Worst match I've seen in the euros so far. Both teams were happy with a draw and never really took any chances at all. Ref was great, fuck all those players who just throws themselves down and think it will give them a freekick, there was way too many of them on both teams.

rodvik

Lol michael ballack on ESPN laying the smack down on Englands style. True Michael but we dont have your talented players. Shrug, waddaya want us to do, just play open and lose?

Celine

To be fair every time England broke some French player would put in a cynical foul and the bastard ref didn't whistle. Add the Gerrard foul on the edge of the box and the ref did kind of ruin the second half.
More like Englad/France teams ruined the whole match.

Bento

The next games are going to be harsh, this game was against the easiest team of the group :-(
Lol? Ukraine and Sweden will be easier I assure you :p We'll see though, hoping for Sweden to pull off a fine championship but goddamn is our team rubbish on paper :S

Jubern

Great game. I didn't find it as boring as others haha. I quite enjoyed these two grinding out a point. France was pretty poor tbh, they relied more on England making mistakes than making things happen themselves.

Nasri's goal was a result of defensive mistake.

What? If anything, it was the complete opposite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom