• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Korez

Wont be able to watch with you guys but at the end of the games I want to see this:

12dutch.jpg

Orange tears are best tears.
Poor girl :<

bjaelke

Denmark: (4-2-3-1): Stephan Andersen - Lars Jacobsen, Simon Kjær, Daniel Agger, Simon Poulsen - Niki Zimling, William Kvist - Dennis Rommedahl, Christian Eriksen, Michael Krohn-Dehli - Nicklas Bendtner

Nyx

Denmark: (4-2-3-1): Stephan Andersen - Lars Jacobsen, Simon Kjær, Daniel Agger, Simon Poulsen - Niki Zimling, William Kvist - Dennis Rommedahl, Christian Eriksen, Michael Krohn-Dehli - Nicklas Bendtner

Where's my man Silberbauer, he is better than Zimling.

Kem0sabe

What actually happens in this situation? I can't imagine deciding by the FIFA rankings being a good idea. :p

Posting from reddit:

Coefficient ranking takes precedence over fair play conduct in the order of tie deciders, and since no countries are tied for UEFA coefficients, the last two tie breaker methods (fair play and drawing of lots) will never be needed for this tournament.
It's pretty close, however; Germany is ahead of the Netherlands, which is ahead of Portugal, with scores of 15.250 - 13.600 - 11.833. If any of them were tied (like Germany is with England), that would have been an unlikely scenario.

1-0 Netherlands and 1-0 Portugal

On the final day... everyone draws 0-0

Everyone on 4 points, 0 goal difference...

And UEFA has to resort to the rankings that would send ze Germans and the Dutch through... followed by massive riots on the streets of Lisbon and Copenhagen. :)

Is it really rankings? I thought they use a lottery system in that case.

Where's my man Silberbauer, he is better than Zimling.

This man knows his shit.

A bit surprised not to see Silberbauer in there to be honest, he's fantastic at completely shutting down Ronaldo when playing left back.

Edit : this is the second time today you just get in before me.
LLShC.gif

Meier

Catching up from last night.. no Affellay starting perhaps? :( Damn you, Van Marwijk!

I'm gonna need Schurrle to get in at some point for ze Germans as well. :(

Linius

This man knows his shit.

A bit surprised not to see Silberbauer in there to be honest, he's fantastic at completely shutting down Ronaldo when playing left back.

Edit : this is the second time today you just get in before me.
LLShC.gif
That's exactly what a Dutch newspaper wrote today. They said Silberbauer did a great job on that during the qualifiers for this tournament.

But I want Portugal to win, so I won't regret this news.

Nyx

He usually plays left back on the national team but Simon Poulsen has been fairly consistent lately and able to claim that position for himself. And Zimling is the better DM.

Leftback ? WTF ? :D

Silberbauer was a great DM in his Utrecht-days, and I'm not too fond of Zimling tbh.
But oh well, what do I know, I'm Dutch and we lost to you.

Portugal will present the same line up that played against Germany.

Patricio; João Pereira, Pepe, Bruno Alves, Fabio Coentrão; Miguel Veloso, João Moutinho, Raul Meireles; Nani, Postiga and Ronaldo.

operon

I want Denmark to beat Portugal, but have no favourite amongst the Netherlands or Germany, this euros is between Germany and Russia, Germany can control the pigs with bailout money, and Russia has got gas as a leverage tool

Yen

tariq panja &#8207;@tariqpanja
Russia gets suspended 6 point penalty for Euro 2016 qualifiers and €120,000 from UEFA after fans threw fireworks, displayed illicit banners

Leftback ? WTF ? :D

Silberbauer was a great DM in his Utrecht-days, and I'm not too fond of Zimling tbh.
But oh well, what do I know, I'm Dutch and we lost to you.

Well he can play whatever you tell him to. He usually played on the wing here (Copenhagen) but really I think he tried playing everything but central defense before he left.

Wessiej

seeing all the orange makes me regret buying the away jersey. still think the home jersey is ugly, however

No man, away kit is awesome. Going to watch the game with 6 guys, all wearing the away kit. Its looks awesome.

The players we got on there are awesome too. Elia, Charisteas, Heitinga, Numan.

Also a six points penalty for the 2016 Euro qualifiers I read.

It's stupid to punish teams for fans being retarded like that. If they make too much trouble suspend the whole nation, don't give the team a point penalty so it's harder for them to compete in the tournament. Of course the clubs and FA's has some responsibility, but you can't put all blame from hools on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom