• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT| of England? You're having Olaff

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Wait I thought hand on the ball in the box is auto penalty regardless of intent?

divers are licking their lips watching this match

A-Robben_ddp_Paul_Ellis.jpg

Dibbz

wow this ref is nuts. Not a second yellow at all. Greece are mad now though. 10 v 11 and I could see them brute forcing there way to a goal.

GorillaJu

Wait I thought hand on the ball in the box is auto penalty regardless of intent?

Not intentional doesnt mean u shouldnt give it.

Unintentional hand balls where your hand is not in an unusual position are not awarded as penalties.

If you've got your hands raised away from your body and the ball strikes it, that can be given. But if your hands are in a natural position and the ball strikes he hand (not vice versa) it's not a pen

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
God Alexis Lalas in an idiot and all he's doing is spreading his idiocy to casual fans on espn.

Not a handball.

And I have a man-crush on Ballack.

Chuckie

No that's not true. If you keep your arms to your body and have no intent at all to touch the ball, but the opponent shoots the ball on your arm, it is not considered 'hands'

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Dutch commentators talkin about the 16 reds in 19 matches

Talon

That was a mistake on the world stage, everyone see's and gets on his case.

Week in week out in the Premier League he doesn't make mistakes.

Football-GAF will probably agree with me.
I lurk there, friendo - just don't post much. Webb's good for the most part, but he played that Final way too loosely. He would've gotten yelled at, but he should have been more harsh at the beginning instead of letting it rattle down into a tackle fest.

Call 'em like I see 'em.

Unintentional hand balls where your hand is not in an unusual position are not awarded as penalties.

It depends on whether it stopped a goal scoring chance. If it has then it will be a penalty but the player will not be penalised.

In this case it probably isn't a penalty, as the ball hit the wrong arm, if it had hit the other arm and stopped the ball rolling through to the striker then it would have been a penalty for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom