• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sky Chief

Croatia were so much better than France when they played Spain. This is a turd of a game.

Pretty much, Spain is in complete control. The French players can't even string together simple passes. No creativity at all, they look terrible. Spain is completely outclassing them.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
another fucking 1-0 win for spain!?

Christ, I love Barcelona but I find Spain extremely boring.

scorcho

testicles on a cold fall morning
Spain 1-0 France

untitled-1n898n.gif

what atrocious defending :/

Error

I actually find Germany more closer to Barcelona than Spain. Only thing similar between Spain and Barcelona is the possession of the ball, but everything else is like Barcelona playing in really slow motion.

TeegsD

malouda should be taken off due to it basically being his fault that Alonso had all that room plus his passing has been very spotty.

Kyoufu

Spain have 5 Barca players in the first team and play pretty much the same way. Only exception is they don't have Messi. Why do you find Spain boring? They play football better than any other team in this competition.

/confused

Villa couldn't make it, which is without doubt our best striker and we're playing with Cesc as a 9. I think the fact we scored a goal is almost a miracle.

Also is hard when the other team puts like 10 people defending.

Divius

loooool balotelli. Dutch TV just showed a short fragment:

Interviewer: Mario, one question: Are you excited about the game against England?
Super Mario: One, I don't speak English, Two (He said 'twice') Don't ask me questions.

This fucking guy. :lol

Fry

loooool balotelli. Dutch TV just showed a short fragment:

Interviewer: Mario, one question: Are you excited about the game against England?
Super Mario: One, I don't speak English, Two (He said 'twice') Don't ask me questions.

This fucking guy. :lol

Now he's just being a cunt.

Error

Spain have 5 Barca players in the first team and play pretty much the same way. Only exception is they don't have Messi. Why do you find Spain boring? They play football better than any other team in this competition.

/confused

Same players sure, but upfront they are toothless and Barcelona doesn't play with a double pivot.

Clegg

Spain are a technically marvellous team. Full of players that are gifted passers with amazing off the ball movement. Iniesta has been player of the tournament so far imo.

But for a team that is so technically gifted, they are awful to watch. They constantly dick around with the ball when in possession and seem deathly afraid of shooting from outside the box.

They are dreadfully boring. Torres isn't a very good striker anymore but Spain play much better when he's on the pitch and they actually have someone to pass to up front.

Dance Inferno

Unconfirmed Member
Good point brought up by the commentator - France was trailing Spain 1-0 in halftime at the World Cup in 2006, and they ended up winning that match.

Of course two of their scorers were Vieira and Zidane, soooo yeah...

Spain's style looks more boring than before to me.
Yes, I know that it's totally awesome that they can do 15 passes in a row, but somehow this doesn't amaze me..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom