• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Congrats, Spain. Even if Germany got here, I think they would've gotten cocky and wouldn't have played their best.

And I'm glad that Torres claimed the Golden Boot. But Pirlo's goal during PKs was the Goal of the Tournament for me.

Bo-Locks

It is now complete.

Congrats to all my Spanish brethren. Don't let any fools tell you that your team is shit, because they play a slower brand of football. They played like champions in this tournament and they fully deserve to win.

And congrats to Italy as well. They played brilliantly in this tournament and they showed tremendous heart and determination to advance this far. The breaks just didn't go their way today.

I just want to make it clear, Spain are most definitely not shit, and they are deserving champions, but they're still incredibly fucking boring. There is a big difference between what I just said and what you just said.

Anyway, congrats Spain. One of the best football sides ever.*

*But still boring.

The only factor that negates boringness is bragging rights, so for that reason Spaniards shouldn't really give a shit what I say, and just enjoy it. It's not boring when it's your team.

Melfice7

ibm3Ti5mZYdMON.gif

Italy in the car, Spain outside

The hell is that? Jurassic Park and what else?

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
Thread is very hostile :p I'll be on Footygaf.

Congrats to Spain, no one can say undeserved with a straight face now!

Prandelli got it wrong but I'm proud of our boys (when I saw our you know what I mean), no one expected them to reach the final!

He's a fine coach and a great man and I want him to stay, he restored respect to the Azzurri.

Buzzati

Banned
I didn't think it was possible for Thiago Motta to do even less than he's already done.

Congrats Spain - well deserved. Oh fucking well... back to the drawing boardotelli.

Wellscha

Torres won the golden boot?!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kabouter

Overall, I thought this was a fun tournament, the group stage in particular, and this was a pretty good final to top it all off. Of course the Netherlands playing its worst tournament ever put a bit of a damper on the whole thing, but aside from that, most matches were great fun to watch.

As a fellow cycling fan, you should know where the real entertainment is to be found now!

Congratulations to Spain and the Spaniards here. I've said it many times, but Spain played just better and rightfully deserved it. I enjoyed the first half more than the second half, obviously.

The Spaniards outside are shooting fireworks! :D

PS FUCK YOU SPAIN

Get the fuck out.

That was an incredible performance by Spain, fully deserved.

Would have liked Italy to score a goal but when they went down to 10 men it was over.

People talk about Pirlo being their man of the tournament, but Iniesta has been on another level. Not only a great passer, but just glides through the pitch with his dribbling

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom