• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Overall, I thought this was a fun tournament, the group stage in particular, and this was a pretty good final to top it all off. Of course the Netherlands playing its worst tournament ever put a bit of a damper on the whole thing, but aside from that, most matches were great fun to watch.
Yes, the group stage was really great this EC. Even brought forth some dark horses like Russia (until their final match). At least you got some sort of variety of play (save for Group D, which was simply irritatingly boring to watch).

Bring on the Olympics.

Charles

Wow, the Spainards were content to hold on to the ball until Torres came on. Then he took advantage of the ten men and three of the four defenders playing with cramps to score a goal and set up another one.

Good job Dick clark.

rififi

So happy that Spain won, they played very well. I have to go celebrate.

But I still have to admit that the Italians were unlucky, going down to 10 men from an injury, playing so many games without as much rest in between. You could see that they were tired, and by the way they played throughout this tournament, they didn't deserve to concede 4 goals in the final.

Also, del Bosque has now won the Champions League, the World Cup, and the Euros.

I thought Italy would win but can't say i'm sorry for them with their horrifically arrogant fans in Toronto burning Portugal flags and shit.
We had this talk the other day in here but let me speak on behalf of all Italians and say those people are not real Italians. The young generation of "fans" in Toronto are mostly pathetic human beings.

MetatronM

Unconfirmed Member
Fucking LOL at Fernando Torres of all people winning the Golden Boot.

Congrats Spain! After not looking so hot throughout the tournament, this was a glorious way to win the Euro.

Gotta feel bad for Italy. They didn't deserve the utter thrashing they got tonight.

NBFVy.png

It's a shame about the injury. Match was really good until then.

I'm glad Xavi came back for this match, he makes a difference and Spain won't be the same when he goes.

One of the most underrated players ever.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
We had this talk the other day in here but let me speak on behalf of all Italians and say those people are not real Italians. The young generation of "fans" in Toronto are mostly pathetic human beings.
Did they really burn Portuguese flags downtown? wtf.

I don't go downtown to school anymore so I don't get to see celebrating anymore, but that shit is nuts. Everyone seemed so respectful during WC 2010 and EC 2008.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom