• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ektoll

I'm so sad right now; but Italy made a superb tournament, I'm proud of them!

Spain did the PERFECT match tonight, they were very good...

lherre

Accurate
1341177131-fb8b6ee58b45f73352b1d532eaf3d00c.jpg

vall03

just woke up, expecting a close game, something like 1-1 or 2-1 but can't believe Spain crushed Italy! Now that will go down the History books, three major tournaments is not a simple feat.

fuenf

Wahahaha.....nice detail using that Robben picture.

Hehe :) Congrats, you were just unlucky that it came down to the Bonus-Questions (and your misplaced faith in the dutch team). But at least Willkiller didnt have a tag before, so it kinda worked for you both, didnt it? Amazing performance though!

Kurtofan

The only olympic football tournament you should watch is the women tournament, no 23 age restricion bullshit, it's the real deal.

France will crush the USA!!!!And North Korea.

Totalitarianism of all kind will be crushed.

If you could choose one player for your team, would you pick Casillas?

No, I would pick Alba, but he's very young.

Casillas has performed one of his best seasons. He was crucial against Italy, Croacia, Portugal and Italy again and won La Liga with some perfect performances like the one he had against Rayo Vallecano in Vallecas.

Chuckie

Hehe :) Congrats, you were just unlucky that it came down to the Bonus-Questions (and your misplaced faith in the dutch team). But at least Willkiller didnt have a tag before, so it kinda worked for you both, didnt it? Amazing performance though!

It is actually not even trust in the Dutch team, but I always have them as champion in these betting leagues because I feel I jinx it if I don't. I know that is bullshit because they haven't won shit in all those years I participated in betting leagues haha.

And I am happy Willkiller got his tag, although he would have also gotten it if he came in second... I have a lovely tag and wouldn't want to exchange it :D

fuenf

Willkiller (assuming you got the math right), can PM me with the tag he wants. If it's acceptable, I'll request that an admin set it.

thanks again for supporting the League!

Here are the updated standings, so he's good to go:

ibpnqefJsnSrh3.png

(http://www.kicktipp.de/eurogaf/gesamtuebersicht if you want to confirmation)

It is actually not even trust in the Dutch team, but I always have them as champion in these betting leagues because I feel I jinx it if I don't. I know that is bullshit because they haven't won shit in all those years I participated in betting leagues haha.

And I am happy Willkiller got his tag, although he would have also gotten it if he came in second... I have a lovely tag and wouldn't want to exchange it :D

Ah i see. It's exactly the opposite for me, i always feel that i jinx the German team when i bet on them or use German players in fantasy leagues. ;)

Wazzim

Banned
Welp. Italy was terribly unlucky today. Congrats Spain!

The only olympic football tournament you should watch is the women tournament, no 23 age restricion bullshit, it's the real deal.

KuGsj.gif

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
Code:
Manager Vicente del Bosque
[U][B]Real Madrid
[/U][/B]La Liga (2): 2000–01, 2002–03
Supercopa de España (1): 2001
UEFA Champions League (2): 1999–2000, 2001–02
UEFA Super Cup (1): 2002
Intercontinental Cup (1): 2002
Copa Iberoamericana (1): 1994
[U][B]Spain[/B]
[/U]FIFA World Cup (1): 2010
UEFA European Championship (1): 2012
FIFA Confederations Cup: Third-place 2009
Pfft Mexico has already won the Confederations.

VIVA MÉXICO CABRONES

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
Re: Olympics:

I usually try to support all of the CONCACAF/CONMEBOL teams involved in international tourneys. Brazil and Honduras are pretty nice to watch. It's nice that Uruguay qualified this time. Spain could be pretty good this time.

But as Kurtofan said, the women's tournament is always good to watch. You don't have the U-23 limitation, so you get to see everything the nation has to offer.

Berto

Congrats Spain, you deserved it.

It just breaks my heart thinking that could be Portugal with the cup. Three 3rd places and a 2nd place... i guess we'll never win :'(

IceCold

Apparently Italians in Italy are going berserk over the loss. Any Europeans can confirm this?

As the other ballon d'or candidates (Ronaldo, Pirlo, etc) fall away, Casillas may win by default....

Do people forget that the Ballon D'Or is a popularity contest? Messi will win.

Oozer3993

Lately, not almost a decade ago.

So, Confecup is now a majot title to consider a triple tournament win.

Good to know. Let's see what happens next year in Brazil and how GAF will handle it.

Will mark this posts.

They would have had it already if it wasn't for the US :p

i8oJ0h5U5VsFi.jpg

Bring it!

Awesome victory :D:D

And people, the confederations cup is NOT a major tournament. And Spain is the first country ever to win three major tournaments in a row :D

Best generation fucking ever.

Just arrived home here in Madrid from a friend's house where I saw the match.. I was extremely sceptical about Spain in this final, and when I met my friend before the match (who is a great football fan) he also was very cautious about the match. But my god.. what a match! Spain utterly destroyed Italy, I can't believe it! Amazing experience :D

Funky Papa

FUNK-Y-PPA-4
The amazing thing was that it could have easily ended 5:0. By the end of the match Italy looked completely broken. Dismantled, even. That second goal destroyed the team's morale.

What's the deal with the Terry meme?

He got himself sent off against Barca in the semi finale by kneeing Sancez in the back, then when Chelsea beat Bayern in the fianle he went on with football kit on and celebrated with the rest of the team

6v9Z4.jpg

GFwD9.jpg

EMkW4.jpg

2ViON.jpg

(Ivanovic, Ramires and Meireles did the same).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom