• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Euro 2012 |OT2| of Spain celebrating victory with younger, mixed gender squad

Status
Not open for further replies.

rodvik

I'm going to miss this thread :(

I'm not knowledgable enough to post in footy GAF very much lol

In league play I mostly just watch Reggina Calcio matches with my grandfather. Don't think many gaffers are posting about them in that thread lol

This is not a requirement. In fact having deep football knowledge is widely regarded as being in poor taste for the footygaf thread. Join us!

bjaelke

Now Football
‏@Now__Football

Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
I'm going to miss this thread :(

I'm not knowledgable enough to post in footy GAF very much lol
Same. My dad and I usually watch CONCACAF or Serie A matches together, but sometimes we're not home at the right time to watch 'em.

Definitely going to miss this thread.

No kidding, they're way too biased...
England touches the ball and they're all "England will for sure do it here!"

They forget that Canada is multicultural.
I think a lot of Canada roots against England due to the commentators.
Oh gosh, that is so annoying. It's especially striking when everyone in here isn't playing some of the plays up as much as the commentator is. And you can hear the genuine disappointment in everyone's voices whenever a shot, pass, or cross fails to be good or on-target. It doesn't come across as unbiased at all.

Switching up commentators and pundits per match would be nice, but I think they would think of it was being expensive.

Now Football
‏@Now__Football

Busquets has now won the Euro's x1, World Cup x1, La Liga x3, UCL x2, Coppa DR x2, UEFA SC x2, Club World Cup x2. At the age of 23.
Now that is crazy impressive!

Yurt

il capo silenzioso
As a casual, mostly Sampdoria fan, i feel your pain :D

See you guys for the Confedeation cup!

Back in Serie A? Perfect time to start posting there.

rodvik said:
This is not a requirement. In fact having deep football knowledge is widely regarded as being in poor taste for the footygaf thread. Join us!

I sent his application to Wilbury.

Everyone is more than welcome there.

Jensen

Now Football
‏@Now__Football

Worth mentioning Pique at the age of 25 as well, he has won all of that plus another UCL, a Premier League and his girlfriend is Shakira.

Nevasleep

VmDg7l.jpg

Sneaky bastard :)

Gregorn

I was one of the guys that thought Spain are always boring, but I've changed my mind.

And man, BBC are great at making those montages.

Dark Schala

Eloquent Princess
How does that work. Are we just watching track&field for half a day
You say that like it's a bad thing. Track and Field can be super-fun to watch depending on the competitors involved.

What if you don't stick to a particular club and just like watching it for good plays and stuff? :x

Chuckie

Congrats to Spain!

I am gonna miss this thread. My avatar has finally taken of his orange clothes.

It was a nice ride people.

spekkeh

Banned
Now Football
‏@Now__Football

Damn

To be fair. If they put me in that team and all I did was manage not to walk offside or get the attacker onside, I'd of won that too.

gurasa

- Outstanding performance by Spain. Great passing, great movement. Simple and effective football. All four goals were impressive.
- Unlucky night for Italy. Only two days for resting and playing with 10 men for most of the 2nd half have both contributed to this result. The players got tired quickly. Hard luck, boys! You've been a great team that's enjoyable to watch in this tournament. Keep this good foundation and formula and it'll threaten any other team in the next WC. Be proud of yourselves.
- Congratulations to Spain!

Also, omg at Nora Fernando Torres! :3

clemenx

Banned
It was a very fun Euro, despite the predictable result.

Also it was great seeing football without someone riding Messi's dick every 5 minutes, even if it was just a month.

I can't help but wonder how Germany would have done against Spain in the final, but Spain played out of their minds today. Such exquisite passing, literally no other team can do it quite like them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom