• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Europa Universalis IV MP Community Thread of Hotjoining for Glory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Sure, who else needs to be asked?

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
7:00 PM CET works great for me, although by the looks of it morf and Cazz haven't posted to acknowledge, so you'll probably have to go ahead without me. Have fun!

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Can anyone throw Cazz a gaf pm?

Toma

If Cazz doesnt report back until 7pm (in 40 minutes), we'll go with the normal time instead of 8 pm.

Manik

Hey! Sorry, been out all day and just checked my PMs. I can't make the earlier time, but I really don't mind if you all go ahead with the earlier time. Given my position at the minute anyway, I'd rather crab got to take part more than me.

Hope it's not too late!

World map - 1626
JpSEpAF.png

Save game - http://dropcanvas.com/0qh8p

I tried using the suggested peace deal from France, but they didn't have enough diplomatic points. Instead I settled for demanding the northern half of modern Florida.

--------------------------------------

AAR - 1615-1626 - Venice

Description of the actions during the session:
I started this session by going down far into Egypt looking for enemy troops so I could get enough winning battles for the superiority war goal. Instead of trying to get as many provinces as I could I settled for the three remaining northern ones that used to be part of Crimea. Naples offered to trade me former Wallachia in exchange for my Greek islands. I think it was a good deal for both of us. The Ukraine declared independence and I decided to conquer their single province before they allied with any strong neighbor.

I also had time to get my nation in order. At the moment I'm at +3 stability and I'm gaining 11/8/6 points every month. I noticed that I'm falling behind in technology and I need to catch up soon.

State at the end of the session:
Province Count: Original (8) + 41
Allies: Bohemia, France, Georgia, Great Britain
At War With: None

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
I think this colonial war is worse than a bug; the AI is just an immense ass. Only after France has completely destroyed Novgorod and driven up the war score to 94 percent does it finally offer peace, and it suggests taking...two provinces in Florida, which are only worth a few percentage points at most. At no point during the war could I actually suggest this offer to them.

Manik

What was the damage to Poland this time around? Surprised it's not a great deal smaller, unless the Brandenburg war is still ongoing.

Manik

Man. A couple more provinces and it's not going to be worth continuing, unfortunately. I'm really just making up the numbers at this point, just waiting to see who'll declare war next.

You ended up getting a handful of really strong allies this session (Burgundy, Moscovy, and France IIRC). As long as you're allied with either France or Muscovy then you should be safe from aggressive neighbors.

Manik

That's something, at least. Staying safe is fine, but it's whether it's still possible to still have a meaningful impact on the game that's the issue. Otherwise it seems a bit of a waste of time.

I'll have to check out the save file this evening and see what I can manage to put together - didn't have chance to test anything yesterday.

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
If I load from arch's save I don't get the wargoal bug I have going on in my own, but if I load from arch's save and refuse the offer arch made, I do get an offer from France eventually although they take like two years and only want 3 provinces. That said, given that's what the AI wants to do, its kind of unfair for me to take arch's offer, so if we start up from arch's save, I'll just refuse the offer and spend most of the next session reading a book. [/lesigh]

D

Deleted member 231381

Unconfirmed Member
My noble Novgorodian soldiers are so badass that they beat off Sweden despite -98 prestige, -20 war exhaustion, and lower tech. That'll fucking teach you to think you can mosey on in after France has been at it, Sweden.

Also, the Russians are back. Down to a mere -4 war exhaustion and a single loan left to pay off. I even managed to steal two French colonies using Seize during the war, so lost two gained two. All I've lost is time and mercy. Well, and several hundred points used in lowering war exhaustion and suppressing revolt, but hey, still on 18 MIL.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
Going on a date tonight, have no idea when I will be home. So I guess its a win-win situation for me. Either the date goes terrible, but I get to bring peace to europe, or the date goes nice and well... :)

Toma

Going on a date tonight, have no idea when I will be home. So I guess its a win-win situation for me. Either the date goes terrible, but I get to bring peace to europe, or the date goes nice and well... :)

May you bring love and peace to your date and the world.

Manik

Sorry guys, missed last session, but I think the writing was on the wall anyway - Poor Poland has been beaten into submission and I really can't see any way back from this point. Just make sure you treat my people well, you barbarians.

/sheds a tear

It's been good fun though, and I'm sure I'll catch you all in the next MP game, when, hopefully, I'll be a little bit more savvy on the game systems and actually be able to compete til the bitter end.

Mgoblue201

Won't stop picking the right nation
What exactly precipitated that huge war against arch? I looked over at Europe toward the end of the session and noticed that Venice was almost fully occupied.

Toma

What exactly precipitated that huge war against arch? I looked over at Europe toward the end of the session and noticed that Venice was almost fully occupied.

And who is in that war?

Byzantium, Muscovy, Novgorod, Sardinia-Piedmont and their allies attacked me. I probably could have fought them off if I had called for France to join the war.

Fitz

Punitive action :p Myself, Crab and Muscovy, with Morfeo joining after a bit, versus Arch, Bohemia, Denmark and GB. The main aim was to restore as much land to Poland as possible, which wasn't a vast amount in the end as I didn't have the foresight to save up the massive amount of diplo points I needed for the peace offer (500+), though the rebels seem to be working on the rest. Also released Croatia and Wallachia whilst we were there. It was partly self serving, I wanted a core from Arch and two from our ally Georgia so I could enact the amazing "Re-establish the Theme System" decision.

Morfeo

The Chuck Norris of Peace
So for why I entered the war against Arch even though I didnt participate properly with any force (as it was already won when I entered), I wanted to show that I as well felt the treatment Cazzy had received in Poland was to severe, and wanted to reestablish some Polish presence there. I didnt gain anything myself, and didnt plan to either. My hope was that we would be able to give him back enough stuff so that it would be worthwhile for him to continue, but I am not sure if we succeded in that. We will see how the rebels go I guess. Definitely hope he is returning, thats for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom